• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Smash Community [OSC] - Oregon's official Smash Community est. 2005

FoosJr

Smash Ace
I thought that we went over the OR power rankings thing before, and i thought our conclusion to it was a no go. Perhaps though we should it would definatley take a while though perhaps at the next tang if we got more people to go than 6...

WA rankings were a no go due to SKYPAL not being active enough to be panelists, but we found a way for it to work, Im sure you guys can too.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Hey Oregon I'm gonna be coming up to Portland around the 23rd of Februaury on a roadtrip with two of my friends (previously from oregon now living in cali). Strictly speaking, if any of you nuccus could get ahold of Ratking aka Kyle to see if he wants to like house me for a day or 2 that would be cool.

And then like smash or something I dunno. Let me know!

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Ratking went AWOL, but we definately need a NintendoKing Party. I guess that's sort of like a Mario Party but with more button mashing.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
NK, there is a TANG that weekend, so you guys could stay at Jesse's all weekend if you don't mind missing out on the pot if you were to stay at Kyle's. If you were mainly planning to stop by for that, then you know his AIM, Ratking1234.

Otto - Seriously, we've been over this a lot, so stop posting about rankings. You guys already have your own preconceived notions of who's best, so settle for that. All of the regular people in Oregon either don't really concern themselves with that or already have a rough list. The new people might want to know, but for them, just knowing who the better people are is the best thing, and they figure that out quickly at tournaments and watch and play those people.

Oregon will not have a Power Rankings list for a very, very long time, if ever.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
I don't mind making a power rankings list as long as we wait for my skizzils to climax because according to Jesse and James i've been improving every tournament, yay!

T0MMY

Smash Master
Actually, there is a OR power ranking list, but it's a close-guarded secret. I tell you this because nobody is going to believe James about there never going to be one anyway. Might as well let it be known but also known we will never share it with anyone outside the OR smash scene.

Doc_Holiday

Smash Ace
I'll have to ask you about the power rankings at the next TANG then. Me and Duke played each other today and here are the results:Duke 1 stocked my Falco, he was Falcon. Duke 1 stocked my Falcon, he was Falcon. Duke 2 stocked my Fox, he was Falcon. I 1 stocked his Falcon, I was Marth. I 1 stocked his Sheik, I was Falco. Duke 1 stocked my Falco, he was Falcon. I 3 stocked his Falcon, I was Falco. I 3 stocked his Falcon, I was Sheik. Duke 2 stocked my Jiggly, he was Falcon. Duke 2 stocked my Ganon, he was Fox. Duke 1 stocked my Falcon, he was Fox. I 1 stocked his Falcon, I was Falco. I 3 stocked his Fox, I was Falco. Duke won the next 6 matches in a row by 1 stock each time. I won 3 matches in a row, 1 stock, 2 stock, 2 stock. Duke 4 stocked my Falcon, he was Falcon :(.Duke 2 stocked my Sheik, he was Falcon. I 1 stocked then 2 stocked his Fox, I was Peach. He 3 stocked my Samus, he was Falco. He 3 stocked my Link, he was Fox. I 1 stocked his Falco, I was Marth. He 1 stocked my DK, He was Falcon. It was fun.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Lol. Bart always has the most accurate posts.

The reason there is no OR Power Rankings List is because, according to the SWF guidelines, it would require at least three panelists for the rankings plus a "mission statement". I don't see us getting those things together anytime soon.

T0MMY

Smash Master
It doesn't matter how many good players we think OR has. A PR list is part of a national whole. As long as there is one Smash player in a region they are part of the community and therefore included in all actions. Eventually OR will have a PR list.

Balloon

Smash Lord
Well then we should be completely sarcastic with ours and put Duke or Doc Holiday at the top, just to confuse the rest of the nation.

SCAVENGER

Smash Cadet
That would be pretty stupid....I JUST GOT MY NEW GCUBE CONTROLLER IN THE MAIL...it looks just like a regular controller, but it has these weird holes...i guess its to comfort fat peoples...welll...fat.

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
Just to clear up the smashfest doc and I had, I see he posted every little detail. Our of 30 games I took away 30 stocks from him and he took away 21 stocks from me. I had a four stock, which was my best, and he had two three stocks in a row. Therefore, I am the best in Salem. And therefore, if we do make a Power Ranking, you should put Doc first.

Friendlies are the best. >_>
btw if there happened to be a sarcastic list, it wouldnt be open for more than a few hours at most.

SCAVENGER

Smash Cadet
Wait, I still need to play Doc...he is really cocky in my eyes.

Just a question...Duke do you do the fancy tactics like wavedash and such?

Doc_Holiday

Smash Ace
I'm only cocky because you're a n00b that can't do any advanced tactics, and lies about how much they win. The first time I played you, we had recorded the results, you ripped up the paper then told everyone at school that you wooped me when I won 8 out of 15. Btw, IIRC you made the gametype and you decided to play items on Hyrule temple.

SCAVENGER

Smash Cadet
Well, that was true and no I told everyone I lost, but they all said I must have made a mistake...then remember the next 5 rounds we said best 3/5 and if I won no rematches well I won the first 3 matches and you kept trying to get rematches...why can't you admit someone who doesn't do so many advanced tactics is better than you?

FoosJr

Smash Ace
i dont think it really matters until either of you beat someone of actual skill... stop bringing personal arguments to the forums take them to aim or pms or something because no one else really cares. Sorry to be blunt but its the truth, but now somone will probably post a comment saying something like "I care".

btk Ace

Smash Apprentice
I thought we had waaaay more smashers than that in oregon
You should add me and my cousin to the list in the north oregon
just to put the count up :D

Doc_Holiday

Smash Ace
Curt doesn't have AIM. Usually when youre at a smash party you play more than 3 matches with someone. It's not like we didn't have the time to do so.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
What's your cousin's gamer tag? And what are your main/secondary characters? If I remember, though, you play Fox.

btk Ace

Smash Apprentice
My Gamer Tag is Ace and I Main as Captain Falcon and second as Fox
my Cousins gamer tag is .EXE his 3 mains are Marth Fox and Falco
I Don't know which one he really prefers as his number 1 though

Top Bottom