• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Smash Community [OSC] - Oregon's official Smash Community est. 2005

Juce

Smash Ace
But uthrow to knee isn't inescapable, least of all for Samus. That's quite wrong. CF has no inescapable combo on Samus. Samus has them on CF, but not the other way.

Even Fox at 100% can do stuff and get out.

EDIT** It's "arguing."

Juce

Smash Ace
I don't have to put up with this. I live on the east coast gosh dangit.

BIG FAT HUGE EDIT:

I forgot sarcasm is rediculously hard to detect over the internet. My "argument" with josh was not a real argument. It was just a joking way of telling him to not say thing so harshly. It's not in my mannerisms to start swearing at him for swearing at doc. Instead, I made light humor at it by quoting some of his less useful posts and in doing so I was just saying " We all make dumb posts go a little easier on the kid". Obviously, my babysitter comment was just a bunch of rubish to make light of the situation. And I really have no clue what goes on in the other regional zones. Heck, I don't even know what goes on in this one. I'm giving you (aftermath) one more opportunity to stop this argument. I've tried several times to stop but you keep on replying in a argumentative way. I don't want to argue with you.
Whatever Duke, you act too smugly and you really didn't try to stop, you just tried to insult me with your comment about good people getting combo'd and then attempted to make yourself out to be the bigger person, when both of us were arguing pretty meaningless things, and then you try to john out of your previous posts. As I've said before, you aren't a very good debater and certainly aren't a very mature one for all that you try and make yourself out to be.

I guess this argument is over

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Holiday, Duke's sub-par intellect has been made quite evident, most easily noticed in his frequent spelling confusions.
Duke, the thing that made your efforts fail was that my posts actually contributed progression and direction to the conversation. You took them out of context and tried to make them look senseless.

There was no immediate topic of conversation and it was uncalled for him to call doc out like that.
Take a look back to that point in the thread. Two things were most recently being discussed: commute venues and Falcon combos. What the hell does "I'm so sexy," have anything to do with that? You think what I did was uncalled for? You're blowing this out of proportion. I said "useless ****." I didn't tell him to go **** his grandmother's **** or anything. That'd be uncalled for. Further, "I would give you a ride, but I'm only 13," does not give the discussion any direction nor help anyone in the seeking of knowledge. It was pointless to say. Some people call that "postwhoring." That kind of thing is looked down upon by mods such as McFox, whom you mentioned.

He talks of PM but really he should have shown doc some respect and taken his comment to PM.
You get a MAYBE there. That could be the first valid, reasonable thing you've said. However, it wouldn't have fit my tactic. My objective was to clean up the topic's future. My strategy was to get Holiday to stop posting stupid things. My tactic was to publically call him out on it. That works a lot better in my experience. I don't respect just anyone. Respect is something people gain. Holiday has done little that I've seen to gain any from me.

Yes, doc didn't need to make some of those comments but what the crap go to the atlanta threads, go to the virginia and pennsylvania threads. They aren't throwing each other down for making pointless posts.
Well, you certainly have flopped from where you originally stood on the matter.. "I find that it is important that doc expresses himself in such manners" And as for the other regions, what do they have to do with us? You think just because others have lower standards that we should allow ourselves to digress accordingly?
Yeah, we all say useless things sometimes, that's fine. But Holiday just does it too **** much.
James' last post did a good job in saying what needs to be said, and there is no reason for you to continue at me because you have nothing going for you when you agree with me that Holiday's posts were lame. But I know this is the internet, and we all need to make our e-***** look bigger than everyone else's by not backing out of "debates" lest we desired to be named ***** of the day. Even me, which is why I'm still posting this. I guess I can't have high hopes for the direction this will take.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I'm glad I was asleep when all this was going on. At least all I have to do now is scroll past everything. >_>

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
LOL @ all the quarreling over doc_holiday.
let doc_holiday post what he wants, no one can tell him how to post. if his posts bother you that much, you can just hit the 'report post' button. besides, most of the posts in this thread are just a bunch of mindless garbage that doesn't promote the validness of any conversation in any manner haha

no more hating in oregon!

rawr

PS - james, you know it shows who made the last post near the thread, right? so if you see doc_holiday's name there, you can assume it's nothing very useful (judging by his last 130 posts haha.)

PPS - maybe i was a little too late and the fighting already stopped, making me look pretty darn stupid LOL

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Re PPS: Better to join in late than to be in the thick of it.

And I better see you at SF:E today. Rawr!

SCAVENGER

Smash Cadet
You're always tired.

BTW...my Mario totally owned Holiday....he's really mad at me right now cuz he kinda got owned and now he sees me posting it...

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Lol. Haven't seen you around for a while "Friend of Doc Holiday". ;)

Doc_Holiday

Smash Ace
You're always tired.

BTW...my Mario totally owned Holiday....he's really mad at me right now cuz he kinda got owned and now he sees me posting it...
You wish you noob. You still like to play on Corneria and Hyrule Temple :laugh: Curt says that shffling is useless, sliding(wavedashing) is useless, and L-Canceling is useless. What a n00b.

Doc_Holiday

Smash Ace
My mom agreed to help me find a venue for Salem so now we can have Salem tournies! Hopefully we can get some of these non-competitive salem people to a tournament(Duke) I wanted to know if you guys would be interested or if I shouldn't even try.

Edit: Sorry for the double post, but it wouldn't let me edit for some reason, wouldn't save it.

Edit2: Someohw now it does.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
hmmmmm I say that there needs to be a GP tourney maybe get some people from cali going there. Because Salem is close enough to Portland and we don't really want 2 tournies for the north one in the middle and one in the south, that would take up the entire month and be just way to much for anyone to handle.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
i think that the GP people want one there so they don't have to travel everywhere just to get somewhere plus it's their turn for housing :)

FoosJr

Smash Ace
Shin you or someone from eugene needs to come to tang this weekend because i may have shins controller, but im not sure. It is faded in one spot on the back on both sides.

v4p

Smash Apprentice
it would be cool to have a tourney here..but I dunno. I guess we could have it at my house if all my roomies where down. There's definitely plenty of room and all. I dunno I will have to plan a long time ahead.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
Spring break would be good for me i got nothing else going on during that time. If you are going to host it now would probably be the time to start planning if you still really want to host it.

v4p

Smash Apprentice
this is not a confirmation, but I am planning on holding one during spring break. I have to work out the details first before it's official though, so don't ask dates or anything yet.

OC George

Smash Apprentice
Its during spring break. I cant make it. Sorry Timmy, no drivers seat for you and no shotgun for you foosy.

T0MMY

Smash Master
(agrees with NK on stages)
Seems like everyone wants a GP spring break tourney. Let's get NorCal up there by luring them in with no taxes and trees and not having to pump their own gas.

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
everyone needs to move to sherwood/portland so i can have somebody to practice with before tournaments, i hate arriving at tourneys unprepared.

rawr to those who are willing to move up here. boo @ jesse for not being able to play. on top of it all, i'm not allowed to go anywhere monday, tuesday, thursday and friday because of taekwondo, so that only leaves wednesday and the weekends (jesse is always unavailable saturday/sunday.) i'll be taking a little break from taekwondo next month so i can have more time for homework and garbage, so i should virtually be free for smash every day of the week!

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Taekwondo! I used to take that(karate now), stopped at red belt(in the system without purple). What level are you?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I hope it's the good kind of Tae Kwon Do, the one where you can decapitate a grizzly bear with a kick. Otherwise, it's probably one of those McDojo's. Lol.

Video Update: I will have Low Tier Doubles (grand finals) finished tomorrow. But because of the lack of internet, I may not have them uploaded until Mondayish. But I'll be working on the next set of videos in the meanwhile.

Top Bottom