• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Power Rankings: Updated 02/04/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Glad to hear about the discussions. I'm happy to see how things are going with this. I'm going to main another "mystery" character for The Jiggs. :)

Edit:
I think it's a very prudent idea to keep Melee going even after Brawl's release. You'll find they're very different games and we will need time for a transition from one to the other - keeping Melee at Smash tournaments for at least a few months will be a good idea, IMO.

The first few tournaments will be spotlighting Brawl because that's what everyone is excited about. We shouldn't think that Brawl is going to instantly take the place of Melee just because of this expected lack of focus on Melee. After everyone gets over the initial Brawl frenzy, that's when we can put Melee and Brawl tournaments side-by-side and decide on how things are likely to go from there. It's entirely possible that Melee won't fade away and people prefer it over Brawl. But we will have to find this out later.

Balloon

Smash Lord
I'm glad you agree, Timmy. Thanks for reading that first post there.

Once Brawl hits and all, if it's deemed good for competition and stuff (hell, even if it isn't I suppose) we can put up some sort of Brawl PR list under or above the Melee one.

brdy_

Smash Lord
I'd like to see the Melee PR updated after Brawl is released. I'd say keep the Brawl PR below Melee for the first couple of months or just hold off on a Brawl PR for a month or two after the first tourney. Then move it above.

If I place well at the Jiggs what are the chances of me being on the PR since I'm actually an Oregon resident?

Balloon

Smash Lord
You'd have to remain consistent, Brady, in attending our tournaments... I find that to be kinda unlikely, and therefore it would be sort of pointless to put you on, as you would quickly come off.

I'd like to be proven wrong, however. :)

BC-Chris

Smash Journeyman
NFL pr

I'm glad you agree, Timmy. Thanks for reading that first post there.

Once Brawl hits and all, if it's deemed good for competition and stuff (hell, even if it isn't I suppose) we can put up some sort of Brawl PR list under or above the Melee one.
lol brawl pr....

FoosJr

Smash Ace
Yeah sry about me not being able to get online for awhile it's cool that you guys got minh on there instead of me honestly I think he's better at it then I could be but I still don't see why t!mmy is below me. But pr must have their reasons.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Yeah, I don't understand either.
And why is Andy off the list when he attended the last tournament?

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
He only attended doubles and before that hadn't even showed up for a tournament. Binx is obviously inactive along with Lucius. JiR was kicked off due to some inactivity/losing to BC. Does the rest of it make sense?

T0MMY

Smash Master
Andy has quite a bit of travel time, I don't see why him only being able to attend doubles would disqualify him, it's not like we have no idea how much better/worse he's gotten in just one month.
Binx... yeah, well, marriage almost means inactivity X^)
And JiR attended fingerbang 2, so I dungetit either.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Before entering that one doubles tournament he hadn't attended anything until SF:E winter that was like 3 tournaments ago. We don't count doubles toward anything we have all ready said that. I said inactivity/losing to BC which both helped him losing his spot on the PR.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I thought you weren't counting StS...
And Josh isn't inactive anymore, oh yeah, you're counting StS for some things and not others...
So, yeah, panelists should be there to observe people on friendlies as well as tournaments... good thing this isn't going by just tournaments... oh wait, is it?

This is why a lot of people get confused. No wonder there was a really long AIM discussion on it, probably took forever to get anything figured out.

Obviously V4P shouldn't be off the list, t1mmy should be higher than he is, Joshisrad is active unless he wants off the list himself, and StS should count all or nothing--no picking and choosing as to why anything is.

Balloon

Smash Lord
You keep saying "should this" and "should that". You had the chance to be a panelist. Shut the fuck up. The AIM discussion went extremely smoothly as I have already stated, and it took maybe 20 minutes to get things figured out once everybody was speaking in the chat room.

I don't think anybody is really that confused, and JiR basically said he didn't care about being on the list, so I figured I'd go ahead and add somebody who does care about being on the list.

You are obviously just looking for any excuse to criticize the list negatively, Tommy. It's very clear.

Also, Andy was removed due to overall inactivity combined with lack of interest in singles.

From now on if you have something to say, present it in a more mature manner, eh Tommy?

T0MMY

Smash Master
I can post here if I want, or were you not aware of that?

Not taking criticism isn't going to help your list any. Me asking what Peach Masta was talking about with "arrangement of panelists" was never addressed, as well as a lot of other questions.

If you want me to shut up so badly, the best way to do that is politely answer my questions, your blunt and crass remarks haven't done a drop of good.

Balloon

Smash Lord
I don't want you to shut up. I want you to act like the 30 year old guy you are, rather than constantly bringing up your issues with the list in very obviously sardonic manners.

T0MMY

Smash Master
You keep saying "should this" and "should that". You had the chance to be a panelist. Shut the fuck up.
Okay...

I don't want you to shut up.
Right...

From now on if you have something to say, present it in a more mature manner, eh Tommy?
Maybe you should go back and read everything again. I wasn't the one bringing up all the problems: I agreed with Guy and I wasn't the one that said it was "bad" or "worse". I'm sure anything I questioned was quite 'mature'; whenever I post in a 'mature' manner I just get ignored or flamed. Maybe because my posts get drowned in the vast ocean of "lawlz" and "no ur mom" posts... as if SWF is a place for mature posts to begin with.
No, you're the one running this show. You address everything in question in a 'mature' manner--or how about just with a minimal bit of respect? That's a polite request. It's something I have to deal with on a constant basis with all the work I do for this community, so I know it's not that difficult.

Balloon

Smash Lord
Obviously you've taken the first quote completely out of context. L2debate imo.

Anyway, I have no idea what you're talking about now. Agreeing with Guy about what? He hasn't posted since the update.

Gage answered the one and only question you asked. Everything else that you might consider a "question" is just you being a sarcastic ****. All you did was say what should or shouldn't be to you, which is why I again brought up that you are not part of the panel but had a chance to be a part of it. You didn't ask questions at all.

I'm sick and ****ing tired of you accusing me of manipulating every aspect of the list for my own gain or bias, so stop doing that and then maybe I'll show you some respect. You can't just expect to be respected when you hardly respect anybody in the community as a whole at all. It's disrespectful from my viewpoint to abandon a tournament that you undeniably were a part of organizing for a first chance to play Brawl. It's disrespectful for you to sandbag in tournament, and I'm glad you fixed that. It's disrespectful to tell Delphiki not to worry about making it up to Oregon for a decent tournament like The Finger Bang 2 and that he should instead attend a Eugene tournament that you organized. Eugene tournaments do not have a good record on the whole turnout thing.

So yeah, respond, and I won't. I'll let the others do that, because believe it or not, they took part in the discussion also.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Tommy, this PR hasn't been biased on Bart at all. You can ask any of the panelist we all agreed on it all. There is no point for this pointless arguing. Tommy, what are the questions you have. Could you restate them so I could answer them all for you?

cmin

Smash Ace
The list was brought to all of the panelists attention. We discussed this thoroughly and had very good reasons for the way the list is. If you have specific questions concerning the list, please ask it directly instead of nit picking at certain points and jumping to another problem. And please keep the attitude at a minimal.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I'm guessing you're addressing everyone, but just so you know, I didn't have an attitude, I responded politely and I want to end with "no more interwebz drama pls kthx"
Go read what I already posted I'm done with this.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Well Tommy if you really want your answer you should give us your questions in an organized fashion so we don't have to dig through and find them

Climax11

Smash Ace
Just to throw in my two cents...JiR shouldn't be removed due to inactivity. He was at the last FB. However, off the top of my head, I can't recall how he did, but if he is/was removed, ti should be due to poor showing...or because BC/Jank are just that much better.

End: 2 cents.

Climax11

Smash Ace
explain inactivity to me though? he was at both last finger bangs...eugene doesn't have regular tournaments except for SF:E's and StS which were both at some point discredited by pannelists.

I'm just having issues understanding what classifies inactivity.

But like I said, if it's based off BC beating him alone, then I have no issue understanding.

Balloon

Smash Lord
It's not inactivity so much as it is his expressed lack of interest in even being on the list. I'm pretty sure BC wants to be on the list, and I see no harm in removing someone who doesn't care for somebody who does.

Now, JiR is somewhat inactive, but he's a tricky fellow. He refused to go to StS even though he had a free ride there and nothing to do and stuff. I think he's better than most of the bottom five personally, but I don't see why he should stay on if he doesn't care and at the same time isn't going to tournaments that are so convenient. Hence, players that care a bit more than him would come on to the list.

Climax11

Smash Ace
K. I get that. I guess my only point against it is that the list is primarily to let OoS'ers know who's better than who...so at upcomming tournaments like the Jiggs & FB3, if JiR does make those the list then becomes inaccurate due to his presence.

I would ahve dropped this if not for JiR stating 3 posts earlier that he "is not inactive" himself. But then again it was him with the campagin of "other people know your mains better than you" so I guess that should apply to inactivity as well :)

Ha, oh well..great list over all. Especially since I can make most of the bottom 5 my bitches

joshisrad

Smash Lord
I didn't go to StS, big deal, I thought there was going to be a party that night but it got cancelled, and missing such a small tournament is no big. Not that I care about being on it, I'm just correcting the claims being made. I'm not inactive. Binx is inactive. Lucius is inactive. They are NOT entering tournaments. I am. I remember I suggested I be removed when I didn't attend three in a row and the panelists said no Josh, you're fine to stay on. Then I attended FB2. And I make everyone on the list my bitch all the time, and with Mewtwo no less ;D
But Guy, BC and Duke beating me doesn't mean shit. If it did, then Duke should be on the list above Jank. But that's not how it works, because they say they take in more than just tournament results into account.

Climax11

Smash Ace
Well...I guess the only point I see against you is...when was the last time you did good at a tournament ;) Ha.

Welcome to my club, son.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Yeah, the latest tournaments I've been to were both of yours, and I've had an inside joke in my head with myself(LOL) about losing to even the scrubbiest Fox at every Finger Bang. It's dumb, but if anyone plays Fox against me, even if they are a major scrub just picking him up for the first time, there is absolutely no way they can lose- unless they're Josh, just cause we play together all the time and I know his style too well. That's one legit reason I can see for placing me at the bottom of the list or off: because everyone else can play against Fox and I can't. Other than that I ****ing **** everyone bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom