• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Operation Starfall: Bringing Life to SMRPG Again

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I imagine Star Hill would make for a fitting background - not a straight rip from the game, of course, since we aren't looking to get C&D'd here.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Making a discord server would be a good idea, and maybe someone here could make a good background for the site? The Star Hill idea sounds good.

Pikacraft64

Smash Rookie
I joined the server

for now, the site is gonna have This color background, and there might be some formatting issues. I'll fix this stuff when I can. Sorry.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
It’s actually nice to see word is getting around about this campaign, it’s a dream that needs to be realized. :grin:

T2by4

Smash Lord
Has anyone made a facebook page for this movement? Should we make one?

D

Deleted member

I'm at Bowser's Keep and I have one more star left to beat the game

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Eek, sorry guys, suddenly ended up feeling unwell.

Pikacraft64 Pikacraft64 Would you be able to lend me the site credentials? I know my way around HTML and CSS, and being that I've known Photoshop since I was a wee one, I'm sure I could whip up something nice with a bit of time. I think using Star Hill as a site background would be great, too! I could paint that without a problem.

Also, as for the Discord, I'll go ahead and link it to the OP for convenience.

D

Deleted member

Pikacraft64 Pikacraft64 Would you be able to lend me the site credentials? I know my way around HTML and CSS, and being that I've known Photoshop since I was a wee one, I'm sure I could whip up something nice with a bit of time. I think using Star Hill as a site background would be great, too! I could paint that without a problem.

Hope ya feel well soon!

Last edited by a moderator:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
8D61C71E-7293-41FB-BB5D-F6C3D4B05EDC.jpeg

We need the Internet’s energy to make this happen, if Rainfall was a success, this can be too, we must keep it up.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I just thought of something brilliant. So you know how when Toadstool joins your party for good, her Grandma takes her place in a Toadstool disguise? Well, I just realized how they can give that disguise an in lore explanation if they were to make a SMRPG remake.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
I just thought of something brilliant. So you know how when Toadstool joins your party for good, her Grandma takes her place in a Toadstool disguise? Well, I just realized how they can give that disguise an in lore explanation if they were to make a SMRPG remake.
That can actually work really well for a remake.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, that scene would turn out to have aged extremely well.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Holy ****.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
That would work and would be a great idea to implement.

Pikacraft64

Smash Rookie

Sure! Although I switched to using using a site template since I was having problems with with CSS.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Good morning ya'll
Good morning.

Glad to see people liked the Peachette idea. Hopefully if they make a SMRPG sequel, they do not simplify the toads. Also, make the Chancellor Toadsworth. He would fit the role perfectly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A random thought... I was thinking about how the art style of SMRPG would transition into modern consoles and just a straight upscale of sprites I don't quite think would do the job, so if they were to keep the same layout and perspective styles of the game what art style would you want it to be in?
Personally I think a claymation style like Kirby and the Rainbow Curse would be fantastic, but I think there's others that can work too.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
A random thought... I was thinking about how the art style of SMRPG would transition into modern consoles and just a straight upscale of sprites I don't quite think would do the job, so if they were to keep the same layout and perspective styles of the game what art style would you want it to be in?
Personally I think a claymation style like Kirby and the Rainbow Curse would be fantastic, but I think there's others that can work too.
Maybe the Octopath team could pull some magic? I do like that claymation idea, but I almost feel like Nintendo would not like the idea of SMRPG stepping too close into the arts and crafts themes they have in the recent Paper Mario games.

D

Deleted member

Here we go.

The final area of the game.

For Bowser's Keep, I used Peach and Bowser for my team.

For the final area of the game, I'm using Mallow and Geno

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
We should get to doing some more advertising. The petitions sign rate has slowed a bit.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
We should get to doing some more advertising. The petitions sign rate has slowed a bit.
We really need to, and while I am still trying to contact people, it seems the general will to advertise has dwindled some.

C'mon, guys! Not trying to neg anyone or be a bother, but I really encourage trying to reach out to as many people as possible. We need to push the initiative harder.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
We really need to, and while I am still trying to contact people, it seems the general will to advertise has dwindled some.

C'mon, guys! Not trying to neg anyone or be a bother, but I really encourage trying to reach out to as many people as possible. We need to push the initiative harder.
I agree, I am just very shy about being the one to do it. I worry to much about messing something up, you know?
'Bout to fight the Clerk
I know you are about the fight the Clerk and not who I am about to mention, but the Manager always reminds me of Shovel Knight for obvious reasons.

D

Deleted member

I agree, I am just very shy about being the one to do it. I worry to much about messing something up, you know?

I know you are about the fight the Clerk and not who I am about to mention, but the Manager always reminds me of Shovel Knight for obvious reasons.
He really does. I think he reminds everyone of Shovel Knight lol

I'm about to fight him now :D

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I know how that feels. I have a lot of anxiety myself. That being said, though, we have to take initiative. The mentality of 'well, if I won't do it, someone else will' usually results in nothing happening. It's a general thing in life that leads to things happening when it's too late, unfortunately. Trust me, any bit of outreach you try is seriously appreciated! I hope I don't sound forceful, as I don't mean to be. If anything, I hope to encourage. :drohyou:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I know how that feels. I have a lot of anxiety myself. That being said, though, we have to take initiative. The mentality of 'well, if I won't do it, someone else will' usually results in nothing happening. It's a general thing in life that leads to things happening when it's too late, unfortunately. Trust me, any bit of outreach you try is seriously appreciated! I hope I don't sound forceful, as I don't mean to be. If anything, I hope to encourage. :drohyou:
I will consider. Keep in mind, I only know a few people on that list, so I can't exactly make any sweeping moves. This mentality is somethig we are going to need to avoid in the future for sure though.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I will consider. Keep in mind, I only know a few people on that list, so I can't exactly make any sweeping moves. This mentality is somethig we are going to need to avoid in the future for sure though.
Exactly, it's a very widespread thing, something for everyone to keep in mind. Let's be real: no one of us can make sweeping moves. However, if we each do our small parts, we can culminate that large motion to turn the tides in our favor. We're all pieces of this puzzle.

I believe in all of you! Shoot for the stars!

Top Bottom