• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Operation Starfall: Bringing Life to SMRPG Again

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Can I reach out to PeanutButterGamer?
Please do. In fact, anyone can reach out to whomever they please, just as long as the thread is notified. After all, we don't want to bombard these people with multiple emails on the same subject or whatever.

D

Deleted member

Please do. In fact, anyone can reach out to whomever they please, just as long as the thread is notified. After all, we don't want to bombard these people with multiple emails on the same subject or whatever.
I have now reached out to him by email :)

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
What is everyone's hardest battle in SMRPG?
Yaridovich and Axem Rangers
In my first playthrough of SMRPG I had SOO Many problems fighting against Yaridovich, since my mother language is Spanish I also had a lot of trouble reading and I was literally stuck for days in that battle, Axem rangers was hard to know what-to-do too, after knowing it, it was pretty easy

Until this day I love Jhonny for saving me tho

D

Deleted member

Yaridovich and Axem Rangers
In my first playthrough of SMRPG I had SOO Many problems fighting against Yaridovich, since my mother language is Spanish I also had a lot of trouble reading and I was literally stuck for days in that battle, Axem rangers was hard to know what-to-do too, after knowing it, it was pretty easy

Until this day I love Jhonny for saving me tho
Yarid was pretty difficult lol, with water blast and all the attacks that hit everyone.

Johnny is awesome. He might actually be my pick for the hardest one after Culex and Smithy, because I equipped Mario with the masher and it was extremely weak against him. It only did about 20 damage per hit, if not less, about 10.

Xigger

Smash Lord
Speaking of actually doing things, is there actually any coordination or group? Or just a forum on Smashboards?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Speaking of actually doing things, is there actually any coordination or group? Or just a forum on Smashboards?
Honestly, apart from a Twitter and the Change page, it's just here so far. I know someone else was trying to build a site, but no dice, I'm afraid. We really need a better base of operations...

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Found them, they're on Discord now! I should have checked the OP post.
Yeah, the Discord's a thing, too, but it's definitely more of an inclusive thing. In terms of a large broadcasting hub and such, here, Twitter, and Change is what we've got. For private discussion, the Discord is available.

At any rate, I'll admit that I'm kind of stressed and at a loss of what else to do for this month and February. I hate how slow things are moving, and I want to pick up the pace. I know this is more of a long-haul operation, but I suppose it's hard to help a bit of impatience and worries when things come to a crawl. Is there anyone we've not contacted yet?

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
Yeah, the Discord's a thing, too, but it's definitely more of an inclusive thing. In terms of a large broadcasting hub and such, here, Twitter, and Change is what we've got. For private discussion, the Discord is available.

At any rate, I'll admit that I'm kind of stressed and at a loss of what else to do for this month and February. I hate how slow things are moving, and I want to pick up the pace. I know this is more of a long-haul operation, but I suppose it's hard to help a bit of impatience and worries when things come to a crawl. Is there anyone we've not contacted yet?
Hmm i can't think of anyone and i believe the people we saw as potentially interested parties have already been contacted, i guess we just to have to wait and expand our "brand".

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Hmm i can't think of anyone and i believe the people we saw as potentially interested parties have already been contacted, i guess we just to have to wait and expand our "brand".
Perhaps. We'll also have to keep a look out for even more people and keep reaching out. Hopefully, something will budge and be our big, lucky break. I just hope I'm not letting y'all down, you know? It's a large bite to chew, and I can only hope to do this as much justice as it deserves. Every moment of even small slowdown makes me feel like I'm not doing enough, and it's a rough position to be in.

Xigger

Smash Lord

Any successful operation needs a public and private platform, one for getting the message across, and the other for planning. After all, we should be prepared for the YouTubers, not after!

At any rate, I'll admit that I'm kind of stressed and at a loss of what else to do for this month and February. I hate how slow things are moving, and I want to pick up the pace. I know this is more of a long-haul operation, but I suppose it's hard to help a bit of impatience and worries when things come to a crawl.
Perhaps. We'll also have to keep a look out for even more people and keep reaching out. Hopefully, something will budge and be our big, lucky break. I just hope I'm not letting y'all down, you know? It's a large bite to chew, and I can only hope to do this as much justice as it deserves. Every moment of even small slowdown makes me feel like I'm not doing enough, and it's a rough position to be in.
You're doing great so far and you shouldn't put too much pressure on your shoulders imo.

It's totally normal for things to slow down a lil' after the big bang we had at the start of the Operation, i wouldn't worry too much about it.

As long as there's a plan and we're steadily moving towards our next objective we'll be alright. If there's any issues, we'll deal with them on the way. Just remember that there is other people to support you when you need, you don't have to support the whole Operation and everyone in it by yourself.

Is there anyone we've not contacted yet?
Here's the list (you provided last week):
- Chuggaaconroy + ProtonJon (both huge SMRPG fans, also part of the Runaway Guys with NintendoCapriSun, could reach out to TRG?)
- GoNintendo (the largest NIntendo news site I can think of) contacted by Ovaltine
- McJuggerNuggets (another Youtuber, another big SMRPG fan)
- PeanutButterGaming (same as above) contacted by Zack E.
- xD1x (big Smash competitive player, supports Geno for Smash particularly)
- Loopyyylupe / Nathalie F. (drew that huge SMRPG color key, popular artist and huge SMRPG fan) contacted by Ovaltine
- Sky Williams* contacted

*wasn't on the list but he is now :)

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm too old school to recognize most of those names other than protonjon, chuggaaconroy, and PBG

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd say projared because he seems to like the game, but apparently he hates Geno

Last edited:
That's what I wanted to ask about, haven't found anything yet.
The plan so far:
Honestly? I think a huge PDF zine would be a better idea to start with before a full hard cover book. I'd love to get a lot of big artists on board for something like that. We could work on a book after, if need be.

Here is the timeline I've roughly drafted in my mind so far:

Jan-Feb: Advertisement, further planning, social media creation, outreach, smaller events. Majorly playing it by ear at this point.

March (anniversary of SMRPG's Japanese release): Physical letters to Nintendo and Square Enix. A large event of some kind, perhaps that zine idea. Start taking submissions for such a thing, whether it be writing, fan art, or whatever else one can creatively come up with. Could give it the month to give artists time to make whatever it is they want to.

April: Release of said zine.

May (anniversary of SMRPG's American release): Something else, some kind of event of some sort. Con seasons roll in around summer time, iirc, so cosplayers and con-goers can prepare SMRPG materials and Operation Starfall materials. Pre-E3 preparations for some kind of event then.

This is kind of just a rough idea of the kind of processes I'm thinking of here. Obviously, it needs a lot more filling out and proper ironing out, but it's a bit of a vague idea of the calendar we've got kinda in the works.
While searching i also found the answer to my own question:
I was wondering, anyone contacted PapaGenos about Starfall?
Thirdly, we still have some internal stuff that needs to be decided upon, mostly in regards to other approaches to fan content, as well as videos to spread the word. [IMG]https://smashboards.com/data/avatars/s/83/83118.jpg?1541199993[/IMG] papagenos is a very busy man, but I hope that he can find the time to squeeze out an Operation Starfall video to get the word out. His audience is large; his reach would be pretty good.
He liked Ovaltine's comment so he's aware of the operation.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I'd say projared because he seems to like the game, but apparently he hates Geno
Yeah, uh, definitely not ProJared. His views on Geno and Mallow were... not very savory and were colored by views of being overrated. (That wasn't just towards Geno, for that matter. He seemed to project that onto Mallow, as well.) I don't really think he'd be on board.

You're doing great so far and you shouldn't put too much pressure on your shoulders imo.

It's totally normal for things to slow down a lil' after the big bang we had at the start of the Operation, i wouldn't worry too much about it.

As long as there's a plan and we're steadily moving towards our next objective we'll be alright. If there's any issues, we'll deal with them on the way. Just remember that there is other people to support you when you need, you don't have to support the whole Operation and everyone in it by yourself.

Here's the list (you provided last week):
- Chuggaaconroy + ProtonJon (both huge SMRPG fans, also part of the Runaway Guys with NintendoCapriSun, could reach out to TRG?)
- GoNintendo (the largest NIntendo news site I can think of) contacted by Ovaltine
- McJuggerNuggets (another Youtuber, another big SMRPG fan)
- PeanutButterGaming (same as above) contacted by Zack E.
- xD1x (big Smash competitive player, supports Geno for Smash particularly)
- Loopyyylupe / Nathalie F. (drew that huge SMRPG color key, popular artist and huge SMRPG fan) contacted by Ovaltine
- Sky Williams* contacted by Ovaltine

*wasn't on the list but he is now :)
I can only hope so. I'm definitely doing as much as I can. If there's anything more I can do, seriously, I'm always open to suggestions. I'm always wracking my brain with ideas of what more we can do.

Also, someone else contacted Sky, not me. It's been a few weeks since with no dice, so I think I will hit him up personally myself to see if I can draw his attention to it.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So, if SMRPG stuff got into some Mario spin off's, what else would you want to see represented besides the characters?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, if SMRPG stuff got into some Mario spin off's, what else would you want to see represented besides the characters?
Super suit, the lazy shell, frog coins, Forest Maze, and Nimbus Land. Especially the latter two, as they are pretty much the homes of Geno and Mallow respectively

Ovaltine

Smash Master
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-o...er-mario-rpg-back-to-the-limelight/u/23901684

Hey guys! I've posted a petition update including a link to the planning Google doc (public for viewing and comments, but separate permissions granted for editing case-by-case) as well as a shiny new planning Discord! Fun discussion and such can go on ahead in Star Road's Discord, but this one is for legitimate planning and working on the actual project as opposed to general fun. I'll be linking them both in the OP now!

D

Deleted member

Hey, I'm not even bothered. Dude just gave us free advertising. :drflip:
Lol I didn't even think of that.

He made his own mistake. He could've kept it to himself, but, like you said, he gave us advertising

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
https://youtu.be/by3gRu0ORF0
Whatever dude, Rainfall and Moonfall apparently worked with Xenoblade and Majora’s Mask 3DS, rant all you want, just don’t bring others down. :rolleyes::glare:
Hater blockers status: on :shades:
Again, we need to collectively ignore ****ters like this guy and his followers trying to bring us down. People who have nothing better to do than **** on others for wanting something probably haven't been passionate about anything in their whole lives.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Hey, I'm not even bothered. Dude just gave us free advertising. :drflip:
Lol I didn't even think of that.

He made his own mistake. He could've kept it to himself, but, like you said, he gave us advertising
Exactly. Bad publicity is good publicity in this case. That nimrod drew attention to this campaign without realising it.

Top Bottom