• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Operation Starfall: Bringing Life to SMRPG Again

D

Deleted member

Nope, never failed, just a random factoid I know. Specifically when I was looking over psychopath descriptions.
I never failed either. If I play SMRPG another time after I am finished with this playthrough, however, I might purposely fail the curtain minigame lol

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, if the next SMRPG game is a sequel rather than a remake, what do you think they would do? How would the gameplay change, who would be in the party, how would the story go, etc. Up till now we have mainly been talking as if they would go for a remake, but they could just as easily go for a sequel.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know, if the next SMRPG game is a sequel rather than a remake, what do you think they would do? How would the gameplay change, what would be the party, how would the story go, etc. Up till now we have mainly been talking as if they would go for a remake, but they could just as easily go for a sequel.
Make Boshi, Yoshi, Luigi, Croco, (maybe) Booster party members, Rosalina and the Lumas should play an important role in the story, go in more depth of the Smithy gang, make a part of the game exploring Vanda. These are things that should happen in a sequel of SMRPG imo

I think the gameplay should stay the same

Ovaltine

Smash Master
So if Brave really is Geno, that might help raise awareness of the game?
Dude, I wish that would be the case, but I'm super positive that it isn't him. It'd be really great if it was, but I'm keeping my expectations next to nil.

That being said, if Geno got into Smash, then yeah, that would be an obviously huge help for Starfall. That'd easily pave the way for a SMRPG sequel or remake, and it'd allow Geno and Mallow to get back into the mainstream far easier.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Make Boshi, Yoshi, Luigi, Croco, (maybe) Booster party members, Rosalina and the Lumas should play an important role in the story, go in more depth of the Smithy gang, make a part of the game exploring Vanda. These are things that should happen in a sequel of SMRPG imo

I think the gameplay should stay the same
I doubt they will be using those characters as party members for a sequel. While they are all beloved and I do believe they will make appearances in some form, I imagine they will want to go with a cast of a different variety. And I do believe that the gameplay, while still keeping the traits that made SMRPG original, will be changed a bit to fit modern games more. It has been over 20 years after all.

D

Deleted member

I doubt they will be using those characters as party members for a sequel. While they are all beloved and I do believe they will make appearances in some form, I imagine they will want to go with a cast of a different variety. And I do believe that the gameplay, while still keeping the traits that made SMRPG original, will be changed a bit to fit modern games more. It has been over 20 years after all.
Really? I think at the very least Yoshi or Luigi would be a party member.

That;s a good point about the gameplay. I wonder how they would change it

D

Deleted member

That would be pretty neat, Luigi I imagine could work as glass cannon type with strong jumping abilities and lower defense.
Yoshi, I have a harder time envisioning something for though. Maybe abilities involving swallowing enemies and turning them to eggs?

D

Deleted member

That would be pretty neat, Luigi I imagine could work as glass cannon type with strong jumping abilities and lower defense.
Yoshi, I have a harder time envisioning something for though. Maybe abilities involving swallowing enemies and turning them to eggs?
I'm thinking Yoshi could attack like how the Yoshi in Paper Mario Ttyd attacked - threw eggs, gulped up his opponents then spit them out, stampede, ground pound, etc

Luigi could use his plunger as an attack as well lol

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

Luigi is a possibility, but I don't think Yoshi will be a party member. Especially since Yoshi did have a big non party member role in SMRPG, and the Yoshi speaking pattern would be kind of awkward for story related stuff. I feel like Croco would play a similar role to what he did in SMRPG and Booster is probably too busy being a henpecked husband(Which would be very funny to see). I could actually see Rosalina becoming a party member, though I imagine her lore power and likely story prevalence would mean she would be the last person to join. I think story wise they are going to be delving into something new, though I imagine there will be references to the original game and a perhaps a surprise appearance from Smithy or Culex in some optional content. I could see Culex being to a SMRPG series what Sephiroth is to the Kingdom Hearts series, that being the resident recurring super boss.

I just discovered this artist, Nathalie F. She's doing some very nice SMRPG fanart. I think i saw a few Geno avatars with an artstyle similar to hers (BoyMan and coolcat12347 coolcat12347 's avatars i think). Anyway, here some pieces of her work:

Just tagging Luigi The President in case you'd want to decorate the twitter by retweeting her work in the future (it could also help her promoting her art at the same time). Also tagging Ovaltine Ovaltine since Nathalie F. seems like a SMRPG enthusiast, maybe she'd be down with doing something to help Operation Starfall eventually.

On Twitter, he was a big supporter of Geno for Smash Bros. More importantly, he actually did a cover of the (nearly) entire Super Mario RPG soundtrack many years ago! (Here's a link to the entire thing on his website: Seven Stars OST).
Words cannot describe how much joy you brought me by sharing this. Two things i love to death (smrpg music and metal) brought together in such a masterful way, thank you so much. I'll make sure to let JonnyAtma know how much i love his cover.

Last edited:

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
You know, if the next SMRPG game is a sequel rather than a remake, what do you think they would do? How would the gameplay change, who would be in the party, how would the story go, etc. Up till now we have mainly been talking as if they would go for a remake, but they could just as easily go for a sequel.
Well in another page I had a idea that the Geno doll would have his own story and characters including a villan. So my idea was another star would possess the Geno dolls villan and be the bad guy.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Well in another page I had a idea that the Geno doll would have his own story and characters including a villan. So my idea was another star would possess the Geno dolls villan and be the bad guy.
I have an idea for a Geno centric story concept as well, pretty much boiling down to "The Nutcracker: Marioverse Edition". I have no clue why that sticks out in my brain, as I am not even that big of a theater fan, it just does.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
... Actually , since you never fight Booster , and hold Peach in hostage because he wanted to "marry a woman from the sky" , maybe he can join you later on to find another one? Because after the marrymore cake fight , you don't see him until the credits when he "marry" Valentina at Marrymore. You never fight him directly actually. And the cake wasn't planned , and he just ate it lol

Or you know , let's just add Dodo as a playable party member. Jk Jk
Actually...You can fight Booster if he catches you early while you're hiding behind the curtains.

Edit: Oh, got :ultgreninja:ed,

I just discovered this artist, Nathalie F. She's doing some very nice SMRPG fanart. I think i saw a few Geno avatars with an artstyle similar to hers (BoyMan and coolcat12347 coolcat12347 's avatars i think). Anyway, here some pieces of her work:

Just tagging Luigi The President in case you'd want to decorate the twitter by retweeting her work in the future (it could also help her promoting her art at the same time). Also tagging Ovaltine Ovaltine since Nathalie F. seems like a SMRPG enthusiast, maybe she'd be down with doing something to help Operation Starfall eventually.

Words cannot describe how much joy you brought me by sharing this. Two things i love to death (smrpg music and metal) brought together in such a masterful way, thank you so much. I'll make sure to let JonnyAtma know how much i love his cover.
Oh, that's the artist responsible behind that one SMRPG picture story!

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Okay, before I go away for the weekend...

Dear Operation Starfall, I have a proposition for you. While I'm off and doing my thing, why not see about reaching out to some other people? Be sure to discuss it amongst yourselves, however, so only one person contacts each source at a time. We don't want inboxes being flooded. However, there are multiple, bigger names we could try to reach towards.

Of these, the ones we've reached to so far, to my knowledge, are Alpharad and Sky Williams. Nintendo Life and Nintendo Soup have also posted news stories on the operation. PapaGenos, as we all know, is also well-aware. Here are some names we've found over the course of the thread that may not yet have been contacted:

- Chuggaaconroy + ProtonJon (both huge SMRPG fans, also part of the Runaway Guys with NintendoCapriSun, could reach out to TRG?)
- GoNintendo (the largest NIntendo news site I can think of)
- McJuggerNuggets (another Youtuber, another big SMRPG fan)
- PeanutButterGaming (same as above)
- xD1x (big Smash competitive player, supports Geno for Smash particularly)
- Loopyyylupe / Nathalie F. (drew that huge SMRPG color key, popular artist and huge SMRPG fan)

Now that our numbers are growing and our planning is starting to become more concrete, I say we should start reaching out for some more of those names. I think GoNintendo should especially be our next course of outreach. Whoever hasn't been contacted by the time I'm back, let me know, and I'll go ahead and hit them up myself.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Does anyone know any good methods to go to sleep? Only slept two hours tops since the incident... ugh.
I need help

D

Deleted member

Does anyone know any good methods to go to sleep? Only slept two hours tops since the incident... ugh.
I need help
this sounds bad but tournament matches for Melee or ultimate usually make me fall asleep :laugh: no offense to the competitive scene tho.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Was looking at twitter for SMRPG art again, and I found this.
Kinda similar to the Starfall icon in concept, don't you think? It's pretty cool!

Anyway...
Okay, before I go away for the weekend...

Dear Operation Starfall, I have a proposition for you. While I'm off and doing my thing, why not see about reaching out to some other people? Be sure to discuss it amongst yourselves, however, so only one person contacts each source at a time. We don't want inboxes being flooded. However, there are multiple, bigger names we could try to reach towards.

Of these, the ones we've reached to so far, to my knowledge, are Alpharad and Sky Williams. Nintendo Life and Nintendo Soup have also posted news stories on the operation. PapaGenos, as we all know, is also well-aware. Here are some names we've found over the course of the thread that may not yet have been contacted:

- Chuggaaconroy + ProtonJon (both huge SMRPG fans, also part of the Runaway Guys with NintendoCapriSun, could reach out to TRG?)
- GoNintendo (the largest NIntendo news site I can think of)
- McJuggerNuggets (another Youtuber, another big SMRPG fan)
- PeanutButterGaming (same as above)
- xD1x (big Smash competitive player, supports Geno for Smash particularly)
- Loopyyylupe / Nathalie F. (drew that huge SMRPG color key, popular artist and huge SMRPG fan)

Now that our numbers are growing and our planning is starting to become more concrete, I say we should start reaching out for some more of those names. I think GoNintendo should especially be our next course of outreach. Whoever hasn't been contacted by the time I'm back, let me know, and I'll go ahead and hit them up myself.
Besides GoNintendo being our first priority, how should we order contacting the YouTubers? I am only familiar with TRG and PBG, so I am a bit uninformed when it comes to this. At the very least though, I think we should space out each email to the YouTubers a good distance. It will better lead to a steady amount of exposure over time, as well as better constructed and meaningful letters. Time only helps stuff like that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Was looking at twitter for SMRPG art again, and I found this.
Kinda similar to the Starfall icon in concept, don't you think? It's pretty cool!

Anyway...

Besides GoNintendo being our first priority, how should we order contacting the YouTubers? I am only familiar with TRG and PBG, so I am a bit uninformed when it comes to this. At the very least though, I think we should space out each email to the YouTubers a good distance. It will better lead to a steady amount of exposure over time, as well as better constructed and meaningful letters. Time only helps stuff like that.
Most big youtubers usually have email contact available so that's likely the best bet.

D

Deleted member

Should have probably worded that better. I mean if we were to order who we should contact from first to last, what would be that list?
Ooh ok lol. I don't follow that many youtubers so I'm not as familiar but I think getting those with the most subscribers on board sooner would make the most sense since they have the widest audiences.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Ooh ok lol. I don't follow that many youtubers so I'm not as familiar but I think getting those with the most subscribers on board sooner would make the most sense since they have the widest audiences.
Funny, I was thinking of the opposite approach. Build it up from the lowest number to gain followers in a steady way. Of course, I don't think that is the only factor. How much the person loves SMRPG should also be considered. Sure, if they are a casual fan, that is great, but a major geek out fan of the game is much more likely to join the cause.

Last edited:

dreamstar_g

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
7952 9587 6387
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Hey so I’ve been working on this Geno plush for the past few hours and for my first attempt at making plushes I’m somewhat impressed ^^ hope u guys like em

D

Deleted member

Hey so I’ve been working on this Geno plush for the past few hours and for my first attempt at making plushes I’m somewhat impressed ^^ hope u guys like em
Nice work! I tried to make a plush once, It did not turnout the way I wanted at all so for that being your first time it's quite impressive!

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Actually, you do fight Booster if you fail the curtain mini game.
Iv'e failed it several times , but I didn't fight him. I did a fight with his henchmans , but not Booster. Maybe you have to fail it a lot?
Y'all talking about me?
*cough* no , I was talking about younger Egadd from Parteners in Time *cough*
young egadd.png

I never thought about that. Maybe he could.

I feel like Dodo would work better as an NPC, maybe someone you could buy equipment from lol
I could see him transporting Mario and crew in a secret location near Nimbus Land , if you give him something in return... I think stuff like this make visiting old locations again worth it. (Assuming Dodo could do that after you defeated Valentina. Yeah , Dodo followed Valentina when she escaped... But let's say he had enough of Valentina and just go back to Nimbus Land lol)

Also , concerning Nathalie Fourdraine (the one who draw the SMRPG story comic)... She's french , right ? Since I am too , I may contact her on Twitter. This wouldd make communication easier.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Should have probably worded that better. I mean if we were to order who we should contact from first to last, what would be that list?
Have some free time this morning before my weekend kicks off, so I'm popping back in just to clarify that I think that starting with GoNintendo, The Runaway Guys gang, and Loopy Lupe would be our best bets. TRG is big, but not humongous. Loopy is a popular artist, but not someone extremely massive. GoNintendo is a news story and kind of its own separate beast.

I say focus on them, then work from there. Good luck for the weekend, guys, and see ya Monday or Tuesday!

D

Deleted member

This

This is beautiful

This is even better than a Geno amiibo

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Just so you guys are aware, ProtonJon streams on Twitch Saturdays, Mondays, and Wednesdays. He always checks Twitter multiple times during his stream, so if one of us Tweeted at him during his stream, he'd definitely notice. I have plans, but if someone else wants to, that could work. It would also bring awareness to his community as well!

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Just so you guys are aware, ProtonJon streams on Twitch Saturdays, Mondays, and Wednesdays. He always checks Twitter multiple times during his stream, so if one of us Tweeted at him during his stream, he'd definitely notice. I have plans, but if someone else wants to, that could work. It would also bring awareness to his community as well!
That is an interesting idea. For best results though, I imagine the tweet should not only come with artwork, but also be tweeted when he is playing a fitting game.

Dan

Smash Lord
They need to implement more Mario universe characters, which they refuse to do for any game that isn't sports/Kart/Party: Wario, Waluigi, Daisy, Diddy, Donkey, etc., while still retaining the weird original characters, and even adding new ones. Davide Soliani's team that worked on Mario/Rabbids could totally do a sequel, but I heard rumor of another Mario/Rabbids game, which (unpopular opinion) feels like more of a spiritual successor to Mario RPG than Paper Mario.

I personally would want more of a real-time, skill-based RPG than turn-based, but that would be met with backlash. The gameplay would be a hybrid of an action-adventure like Kingdom Hearts and the OG.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
They need to implement more Mario universe characters, which they refuse to do for any game that isn't sports/Kart/Party: Wario, Waluigi, Daisy, Diddy, Donkey, etc., while still retaining the weird original characters, and even adding new ones. Davide Soliani's team that worked on Mario/Rabbids could totally do a sequel, but I heard rumor of another Mario/Rabbids game, which (unpopular opinion) feels like more of a spiritual successor to Mario RPG than Paper Mario.

I personally would want more of a real-time, skill-based RPG than turn-based, but that would be met with backlash. The gameplay would be a hybrid of an action-adventure like Kingdom Hearts and the OG.
Wait, how is M + R a spiritual successor to anything? I though it was given the go because it was something entirely new to the plumber. I know you said it was an unpopular opinion, I am just a bit confused. Also, I don't think Davids team could work on a potential sequel, as they work for Ubisoft. I imagine a SMRPG sequel would be a team up between Square and Nintendo. Would be cool though.

Top Bottom