• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Operation Starfall: Bringing Life to SMRPG Again

D

Deleted member

Just for something in general, if we ever do use art that was not made for this operation, make sure to get permission first and properly credit the creator. It's a good thing to keep in mind.

1. Geno
  2. Dixie
  3. Midna
  4. Sylux
  5. Kamek
  6. Adeleine
  7. Krystal
  8. It's very hard to choose
  9. Mother 1 Giygas
  10. Goroh
  11. Mach Rider
  12. The Black Knght
  13. Medusa
  14. Ashley
  15. Raiden
  16. Tails
  17. Louie
  18. I have no clue
  19. Zero
  20. No clue on this either
  21. King Hippo
  22. Mrs. Pac-Man
  23. Rex & Pyra
  24. Akuma
  25. Sephiroth
  26. Jeanne
  27. Octolings
  28. Alucard
  29. Tabuu
  30. Doomguy
Yes yes yes. The importance of crediting artists is so undervalued. Also Samurai Goroh is excellent taste.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Just for something in general, if we ever do use art that was not made for this operation, make sure to get permission first and properly credit the creator. It's a good thing to keep in mind.

1. Geno
  2. Dixie
  3. Midna
  4. Sylux
  5. Kamek
  6. Adeleine
  7. Krystal
  8. It's very hard to choose
  9. Mother 1 Giygas
  10. Goroh
  11. Mach Rider
  12. The Black Knght
  13. Medusa
  14. Ashley
  15. Raiden
  16. Tails
  17. Louie
  18. I have no clue
  19. Zero
  20. No clue on this either
  21. King Hippo
  22. Mrs. Pac-Man
  23. Rex & Pyra
  24. Akuma
  25. Sephiroth
  26. Jeanne
  27. Octolings
  28. Alucard
  29. Tabuu
  30. Doomguy
1. King Boo (don't count Geno as Mario character all things considered)
2. Dixie Kong
3. Zant
4. Sylux
5. Kamek
6. BWD
7.Krystal
8. Tapu Koku
9. Porky
!0. Black Shadow
11. Here is where I put Geno due to his circumstance
12. Black Knight or Azura. The only thing that Fire emblem really lacks (unless you count in the alts for Robin and Corrin) is female characters, non swords users and villains. Azura would cover the two first points while Black Knight would cover the last one.
13. Magnus (sorry but he is the one that should have gotten in instead of Dark Pit)
14. 9-volt or Ashely. Not sure.
15. Raiden
16. Knuckles
17. I honestly don't think Pikmin need another one unless Sakurai would use a monster that you encounter
18. KK Slider
19. Zero
20. Another class for Mii, like Mage.
21. King Hippo
22. The Ghost
23. Rex & Pyra
24. M Bison or Chung Li
25. Sephiroth
26. Ronin
27. Have no clue
28. Alucard
29. No clue
30. Banjo & Kazooie (but I'm pretty sure we are getting Steve unfortunately if Microsoft getting a rep)

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Luigi The President Luigi The President I'm gonna do a little thing here for you to help make the icon more attractive on the twitter account. because this icon doesn't show up well against white. And it'll definitely look more professional if you can see the whole logo in the icon.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Hello

I'd also love to see Geno in Smash

And him and Mallow in Mario Kart

And Mario Party

And Galaxy

And Sports
I think he and Mallow would actually be an awesome duo in a Banjo-Kazooie or DK64 style game. Make it a mix of a collectathon and an action RPG.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
View attachment 185991Thought i could share this I found which I think was a fun one
1 - Pauline
2 - Dixie Kong (I want other Kongs too, but she takes priority)
3 - Linkle, Ravio or Yuga, given that it's doubtful they'll move past various incarnations/lookalikes of the triad just yet
4 - Sylux
5 - Poochy
6 - Adeleine or Rick/Kine/Coo, not sure which
7 - Miyu (assuming they'll continue to ignore Peppy, Slippy and Leon for unknown reasons)
8 - Team Rocket
9 - Porky (you know what, screw it, EB needs its main villain, Masked Man isn't getting in anyway)
10 - Black Shadow or Deathborn
11 - Star Man
12 - Black Knight
13 - Medusa
14 - Mona
15 - Raiden
16 - Tails (similar reasons as DK choice above)
17 - Brittany
18 - Mr. Resetti
19 - Tron Bonne
20 - Lark (does he count?)
21 - Super Macho Man
22 - Ms. Pac-Man
23 - Rex & Pyra
24 - Chun-Li
25 - Tifa
26 - Rodin
27 - DJ Octavio
28 - Soma Cruz, Maria Renard or Alucard, can't decide
29 - Primid, I guess
30 - Rayman

Last edited:

owjies

Smash Journeyman
Luigi The President Luigi The President I'm gonna do a little thing here for you to help make the icon more attractive on the twitter account. because this icon doesn't show up well against white. And it'll definitely look more professional if you can see the whole logo in the icon.
This looks great! One thing that just occurred to me, I wonder if we could incorporate Geno and Mallow into the logo in some way? Geno and Mallow might make the logo more recognizable to a passerby, and it would also emphasize our effort to push for future appearances of those two characters alongside a proper reboot/sequel. That said, it could make the design too busy, but it might be a worthwhile experiment before we expand the design into a larger brand.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
This looks great! One thing that just occurred to me, I wonder if we could incorporate Geno and Mallow into the logo in some way? Geno and Mallow might make the logo more recognizable to a passerby, and it would also emphasize our effort to push for future appearances of those two characters alongside a proper reboot/sequel. That said, it could make the design too busy, but it might be a worthwhile experiment before we expand the design into a larger brand.
That is true, Geno and Mallow are big parts of this campain. I just have no clue how to include them in the current logo we have without losing it's simplicity. Perhaps we could include the pair in something besides the logo, but is still highly prominent in the image of the campaign?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
(snip)
Thought i could share this I found which I think was a fun one
I'll go ahead and do this. By the way... what one spin-off do you want Geno and Mallow in most, guys? I'd personally say Mario Kart would be the one I'd want them in the most, but if we got a new Strikers, that, too. Mario Party is fine and all, but... Strikers and Kart, hooowee.

1) Geno (but if Rosalina wasn't in the game, I'd go for her tbh, she's my all-time favorite)
2) Dixie Kong (my all-time favorite was finally added for Ultimate eeeEEEE)
3) Vaati
4) Sylux (yeah yeah I know, overrated shill DLC pick, etc. fight me)
5) Does... Boshi count...?? No? I'm saying it anyway.
6) Bandana Waddle Dee. FINISH THE FRIENDS.
7) Slippy Toad. Yes I am dead hecking serious. I love this underrated sweetie.
8) Mimikyu
9) Kumatora (Sorry, Ninten fans, a-ahaha...)
10) Anyone? Just? Give this series another rep?? (Hi gimme Pico.)
11) Jason (Blaster Master. Yes.)
12) Hector
13) Medusa
14) Mona
15) Raiden... from Revengeance.
16) Shadow
17) Louie
18) K.K. Slider
19) Splash Woman
20) Nikki
21) Doc Louis
22) Ms. Pac-Man
23) Rex (For his poor fans. I don't play Xenoblade, honestly.)
24) Dhalsim (Y O G A F I R E)
25) Rydia of Mist
26) Jeanne
27) Agent 8/Octoling
28) Alucard
29) Poppant (FIGHT ME ON THIS.)
30) Banjo-Kazooie

Dynamic Worlok

ultimately the idea was to push smrpg as a whole, and while geno and mallow are definitely very recognizable characters, I went with exor because he has the most clear and distinctive silhouette, and it also helps to signify that this operation isn't solely about geno and mallow, as a preconception that's already developing is that this is just about getting geno in smash.
You also get that nice visual pun about exor crashing through the star road, thus initiating a "starfall"

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh man, have you guys seen this shirt yet?

A_jmv_640x640.jpg

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
While this is a good idea IMO the simplistic design and the fact that anyone who DOES know SMRPG will know Exor (even as the big sword dude), I'm not too concerned on that.
Maybe as part of the header though, yeah.

owjies

Smash Journeyman
ultimately the idea was to push smrpg as a whole, and while geno and mallow are definitely very recognizable characters, I went with exor because he has the most clear and distinctive silhouette, and it also helps to signify that this operation isn't solely about geno and mallow, as a preconception that's already developing is that this is just about getting geno in smash.
You also get that nice visual pun about exor crashing through the star road, thus initiating a "starfall"
I do agree that it's a top priority to showcase that this campaign goes well beyond getting Geno in Smash. The logo does achieve that. However, I also fear somewhat that Exor alone gives the impression that we specifically want a SMRPG remake considering Exor was defeated toward the end of the game. Geno and Mallow to me are representative of how that game and its original content have lived on for so many years. It's a tricky balance for sure, and I do really like the logo. Just offering a consideration.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I do agree that it's a top priority to showcase that this campaign goes well beyond getting Geno in Smash. The logo does achieve that. However, I also fear somewhat that Exor alone gives the impression that we specifically want a SMRPG remake considering Exor was defeated toward the end of the game. Geno and Mallow to me are representative of how that game and its original content have lived on for so many years. It's a tricky balance for sure, and I do really like the logo. Just offering a consideration.
Then why don't we include the two in something else that is of prominence? There is other stuff we can make besides the icon after all.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 185991Thought i could share this I found which I think was a fun one
1. GENO
2. Dixie
3. Tingle
4. Metroid
5. Poochy
6. BWD
7. Krystal
8. Zeraora
9. NINTEN
10. Black Shadow
11. Mike Jones
12. Hector
13. Viridi
14. Ashley
15. Raiden
16. Tails
17. Louie
18. Tom Nook
19. Proto Man
20. The boxing trainer from Wii sports
21. Glass Joe
22. Ms. Pacman
23. Elma
24. Chun-li
25. Sephiroth
26. Jeanne
27. Octoling
28. Trevor
29. ?
30. Banjo-Kazooie

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
That first image is a meme. The second image is the background of the second phase of the final boss.
"We are born of the meme, made men by the meme, undone by the meme; Fear the old lawls." -Master Smithy, also known as Provost McHammerSmackyFace

owjies

Smash Journeyman
Exor was one of all the creations that Smithy did tho, I know it can make new ones... Also..
why there were so many dormant Smithy heads in that background. Who smithed Smithy?
Definitely some serious nightmare fuel, especially in the context of Mario.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
why there were so many dormant Smithy heads in that background. Who smithed Smithy?
Looking at it now, it's some bloodborne level of eerie (hence my quote in my previous post).
As a kid, I honestly thought it was a shrine he created unto himself. Which is still....pretty damn eerie now that I think about it.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
We know Smithy is the one who made the rest of the Smithy gang. That much is obvious. But the question of who made Smithy is something the more you think about, the more you start to worry. It does not help that all of those heads are directly beneath the factory itself, as if it was something locked away and never meant to be seen.

D

Deleted member

We know Smithy is the one who made the rest of the Smithy gang. That much is obvious. But the question of who made Smithy is something the more you think about, the more you start to worry. It does not help that all of those heads are directly beneath the factory itself, as if it was something locked away and never meant to be seen.
Remake

Topic

Decided

HolyKnight

Smash Journeyman
i mean, ttyd is my favorite game of all time and i dont 100% see vivian getting in. i personally prefer geno's design more and i think he has a lot more moveset potential than vivian (if we do get a ttyd partner in smash i'd rather it be boberry if we're being honest but that probably wont happen either)
ttyd is my favorite n64 game by far. and I'd love to have the partners as AT's. or Paper Mario as a character with a down-b that would summon someone
Just remember that Miyamoto DOESN'T like TTYD, as he thought it was A) Too similar to he first game, and B) Too dark for a Mario game. So seeing anything from TTYD anywhere is pretty unlikely.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
ttyd is my favorite n64 game by far. and I'd love to have the partners as AT's. or Paper Mario as a character with a down-b that would summon someone
Just remember that Miyamoto DOESN'T like TTYD, as he thought it was A) Too similar to he first game, and B) Too dark for a Mario game. So seeing anything from TTYD anywhere is pretty unlikely.
ttyd is a gamecube game tho

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, the topic I am about to bring up was something we had about Geno from time to time, but never about Mallow or any of the other SMRPG characters. What do you think are the voices that Geno, Mallow, Smithy ad so forth would get if they were to get voice lines in a new SMRPG?

Dynamic Worlok

You know, the topic I am about to bring up was something we had about Geno from time to time, but never about Mallow or any of the other SMRPG characters. What do you think are the voices that Geno, Mallow, Smithy ad so forth would get if they were to get voice lines in a new SMRPG?
give me alan tudyk for johnathan jones.

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
I always pictured Geno having a wise, but somewhat silly kind of voice. Kind of like Archimedes from Disney's The Sword in the Stone or Mr. Owl from those old Tootsie Pop commercials.

My friend, on the other hand, wants him to sound like Shrek's version of Pinocchio. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Mallow I could see having a high pitched, childlike voice. Remember Tumble from Mario Party 3? That's something that comes to mind.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Miyamoto is averse to anything that's more complicated than "Oh no! Bowser took the princess!". Which is why Rosalina barely got any focus and we wound up with Grimace the Luma in Super Mario Galaxy 2. As such, it's best that people don't listen much to his suggestions.

Lol, that is the voice I want for him now.
Forest Maze All-Star.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
My headcanon was always that there was just a machine sitting in the depths of Smithy's dimension that did nothing but crank out additional Smithies day in and day out. Eventually, Smithy and the bois built the factory on top of it and just sort of forgot about it, resulting in a whole bunch of Smithy heads piling up in Smithy Hell™.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Geno
Lanky
Groose
Baby Ridley
Kamek
Marx
Krystal
Pokemon Master (PT Hybrid Clone) (Oshawott/Bayleef/Blaziken)
Flint
Zoda
Mach Rider
Black Knight
Medusa
Jimmy T
Big Boss
Dr. Robotnik
Louie: King of Bugs
KK Slider
Duo (Mega Man 8)
Nikki
Doc Louis (Echo Fighter; Celebrates with himself on Victory Screen)
Can I just say Dig Dug?
Elma
M.Bison
Chocobo
DJ Octavio
Trevor Belmont
Tabuu
Rayman or Karate Joe

Last edited:

MyBrokenLuigiAmiibo

Smash Cadet
Skepticism over whether the campaign will succeed is 100% healthy. After all, Rainfall and Moonfall are only two of many campaigns that managed to succeed against all odds. However, the lack of willingness to speak up and organize large projects as a result means that nothing will likely get done. Fighting for that small chance as opposed to allowing zero chance of it happening is a step up. Even if it's a very uphill battle, it legitimately does not hurt to try. After all, the massive outcry has already made NoA acknowledge SMRPG after years of being out of the radar. It got us spirits and a Mii costume in Smash. It got SMRPG re-released three times on the Wii, Wii U, and SNES Classic.
This is huge. I think it's really important that we all go in to this with the understanding that we may not get what we want from it. But it is also important that we understand that if we don't try at all, then we will 100% definitely never get what we want from it. The analogy I saw about Rocky/Apollo Creed from the first Rocky movie is very appropriate here.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
The number of people who signed just exponentiated, wow.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I am shocked no one has noted that TerminalMontage TerminalMontage tweeted about Operation Starfall. I know he said he would do it earlier, but I am surprised it was not noted when it was actually tweeted.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I am shocked no one has noted that TerminalMontage TerminalMontage tweeted about Operation Starfall. I know he said he would do it earlier, but I am surprised it was not noted when it was actually tweeted.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Oh man, that's amazing! Thanks so much, TerminalMontage TerminalMontage ! Your work in campaigning for Geno in Smash was always so soulful to me. Your help with Starfall is wonderful for us.

Also, the fact that we're at 750 signatures is just... incredible for us having just started out. Let's keep that momentum going.

Top Bottom