• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Only in Niagara II - November 8 - St.Catharines, Ontario #Can be unstickied#

KingAce

Smash Ace
This is going to be way too ****ing awesome.

That being said I need to get out my pre johns right now....

Ive been smoking too much weed
and I haven't played in forever

But I'll still get top 2...
No johnsss I havent played offline brawl since the practice on the week after CH4
thats like 2 months of no offline play :| dam ill be rusty haha

judge!

Smash Ace
ill be doing this tourney wasted.....jk kingace your going down...actually kinda pumped to play all of u guys offline finally aka ally ace and a few others

J.L

Smash Ace
No johnsss I havent played offline brawl since the practice on the week after CH4
I dont even have my wii. I dont know what you guys are johning about. Clearly, i have the most legitimate john. lol

@Bloohaha - I dunno if u rmb, but I played you before on wifi as well. My name is JL on gfaqs. It will be nice to play u offline since I rmb there was a lot of lag between us.

KingAce

Smash Ace
jl translation : u got ur *** kicked by bloohaha online LOL
yea bloo im lookin forward to playin u hopefully we meet up sometime during pools/brackets instead of just friendlies... more legit =)
and ya u do have the most legitimate john haha altho u wont be gettin top 3 so wat does it matter LMFAO
im jus jokin dnt take that personally lol

J.L

Smash Ace
jl translation : u got ur *** kicked by bloohaha online LOL
hahaha nah man, I won majority of the matches. But that was a long time a go when he used jiggly and yoshi and stuff, and when I was using DK and some others. I think he nominated me on some list after our matches but i stopped playing wifi cuz its lame ahhaha [ and cuz i dont have my wii =( ]

judge!

Smash Ace
lol i remember my good old jigglypuff days shes still my 2ndary lol im pretty pro with her now. i might use her in a few matches depending on who im fighting. as for yoshi i ditched him monthes ago lol. mk jiggly rob and GAW all the way now

IvanEva

Smash Ace
I might be getting ****ed on hosting you guys, my mom is bringing me home the verdict after work. My brother has been stealing **** from our house and bringing the wrong people over and my mom hahs become paranoid. I hope I can convince her into letting you guys stay here. Not to mention I just moved back here..

/ feels like a big rectum for bringing this up last minute
That would... suck. :( Well, I can guarantee that nobody from Ottawa is going to steal things or stirr up trouble. I mean, we'll just be there to sleep (and play a few rounds). I hope she's in a good mood when she gets home...

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
If you guys do stay over at Niko's don't leave anything valuable lying around, make sure its your pockets. Stevens bro will jack it for some nugget.

KingAce

Smash Ace
yo i jus noticed why is pokemon stadium 2 legal? that is a really gay stage... i dont think ppl would wanna play on that so many parts of it r unplayable. o well ill jus ledgecamp if anyone takes me there ;)

Bug~

Smash Ace
i know this is late but if anyone has an extra spot in their car..i would like to come. you can call me at 647 833 1222 if u have an available spot. thanks.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
btw, can people that go to the bar, come to our room????.........my parents are really upset that this is at a bar

i might not be able to go because my dad is really pissed that its a bar

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
ATTENTION!!

anybody who wants practice for this tournament can come over to the niagara practice (check the thread for details) on THURSDAY. The date has been moved cause of the P.A day on friday which means that any smashers that want to get .........well um smashed? later can because we can have friday to sober on up :) but we won't be doin too much burning mainly smashing till about 12ish PM

cya then

Percon

Smash Lord
Uh, yeah they can. We've got the floor, but the whole thing is just a big room separated by a bar in the middle.

It's like the friendliest place ever though.

PS2 is legal. All the stage transformations can be worked around, gotten used to, or waited out. Plus the "normal" section is well-balanced IMO. "I don't like it" isn't reason to ban it. Just don't go there if you don't like it. If the stage is THAT unpopular, nobody will take you there either.

I think I'm going to remove LM altogether though. I thought it would be ok for 2v2 because the stage broke far more easily, removing the ceilings more often and with four people the "circle" didn't really apply. I didn't really take into account that a 2v2 match can become a 1v1 match eventually, then all the bad stuff applies again.

Toronto Joe: What's the earliest you can get here? I can push some stuff back, but not by much. Understand that I want this to be all over with in one day.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Yeah the neighbourhood is also quite pumped for this :p
That is awesome for the reason Anthony just said.

@KingAce: I'm guessing PS2 is legal because it's a recommended cp stage in the SBR ruleset, which seems to be the trend in the rules for this tourney... I like PS2 though, it's not nearly as bad as something like Pictochat imo. It doesn't completely screw over any characters, the stage transformations are only temporary, it's a good counter to chain-grabs (except IC's)... seems like a cookie-cutter cp to me.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Ottawa, I can only house 5 of you...Max is asking his 'rents right now if he can house two extras, we should have your hosting all sorted out by tomorrow.

IvanEva is staying with me though <3

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
Pyro is awesome yep, looks like I'll be coming to this =D

So, a bunch of good people here I still haven't been able to face yet.

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
PS2 is legal. All the stage transformations can be worked around, gotten used to, or waited out. Plus the "normal" section is well-balanced IMO. "I don't like it" isn't reason to ban it. Just don't go there if you don't like it. If the stage is THAT unpopular, nobody will take you there either.

I understand your reasoning, but that same reasoning can be applied to a few more stages. (Port Town for CP!!) If things are still up for change perhaps Corneria could be considered for CP...

Percon

Smash Lord
I understand your reasoning, but that same reasoning can be applied to a few more stages. (Port Town for CP!!) If things are still up for change perhaps Corneria could be considered for CP...
I actually want port town for CP, but I decided not to make my stage list that much less popular (as I knew people would be complaining about some of it, which I can understand)

Were you kidding for Corneria? The match usually turns into to:

"camp the fin and get an infinite then finish them off with whatever because the the insane boundaries with no fear of interruption because the arwings have no flinch on their lasers"

Plus it would be the only stage with a permanent wall, which would call for more rules and regulations.

EDIT: Ally, I'm pretty sure pastaboy said he would.

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
I actually want port town for CP, but I decided not to make my stage list that much less popular (as I knew people would be complaining about some of it, which I can understand)

Were you kidding for Corneria? The match usually turns into to:

"camp the fin and get an infinite then finish them off with whatever because the the insane boundaries with no fear of interruption because the arwings have no flinch on their lasers"

Plus it would be the only stage with a permanent wall, which would call for more rules and regulations.

EDIT: Ally, I'm pretty sure pastaboy said he would.
Kidding for corneria, not kidding about Port Town at all.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Not really, there isn't much difference when you play top tier.

lololoolol nt
I dont even have my wii. I dont know what you guys are johning about. Clearly, i have the most legitimate john. lol
Lol JL wins.

Awesome. I'm guessing we'll be getting a good amount of random scrubs coming to this then?
Aren't you one of them? lol.
LMAO OWNED.

I love all the sh.t talk that's happening =P.

Top Bottom