• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

On vertical spacing, bubbles & the second-most-punishing character (European Social)

Jebu-95

Smash Journeyman
Or maybe you could just ban him before you get to the point of: "0H **** we got lots of people playing MK and dominating tournaments so we cant ban him even tho he's over-centralizing the metagame"

Greward

Smash Lord
actually if someone is beaten by MK they'll start complaining because it's banned and it will probably lead to some problems so i think banning it it's the best.
and it's not like there are any good reasons to not ban it either, more when people in here wants to ban stages like brinstar just because MK got a free win there

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
-LzR-: It is an absurd notion that we are the deviants when the American scene is banning a character on its own, which is HUGE. Finland has been smug about it so far, but I haven't seen any reasoning from them. We're not an American state, we have our own scene with our own rules and it's always been that way. Blindly following the US hasn't done us any favours in international poltics and this is no different.

I will strongly distance myself from any scene who bans MK before there is an actual problem. I think the American ban is already questionable, but at least MK wins there and actually gets first at most nationals. The crux of their argument is that MK makes a lot of money and has a large variety of counterpicks. However, I can't even remember the last time MK won a large European tournament and any ban would be premature, to say the least. Banning a character is a big deal and with our ruleset (no Rainbow Cruise/Brinstar) and Japan still going strong with him legal, I see zero reason for Europe to join the American bandwagon. No one would even consider it if it weren't for them and I don't know any European top players who would be in favour of this. I can elaborate, but all arguments based on actual data for the American ban simply don't apply here.
I love quoting myself.

Speaking for the Netherlands, there's no reason for us to ban MK and I don't think any European country has a reason to. Personal feelings aren't good enough and you wouldn't be doing your scene any favours. Furthermore, I don't think the battle in the US will ever be over, we don't want that ****storm here.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
I think this should be discussed on whether MK should be banned on in Europe, speaking on behalf of UK we are definatly going to ban him, unless like EVERY single country in Europe keep him legal, then we don't really have a choice. But pretty much all GOOD UK players are for the ban, except Calzorz lool.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
LOL @ uk banning mk, you guys don't even have anything close to a mk problem.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Germany seems to be kinda against it [only 1 ranked player is explicitly in favor of it, while at least 3 are against it and 4~5 others have no issue with him legal]. It just seems like pro-ban is getting noisy / annoying about it but most of them are scrubs like Yikarur [and who would take him serious, of all the people in this community? :bee:] and once they hit deaf ears they'll probably just shut anyway.
Austria is like completely against it - tourneys with MK banned might pop here and there in Germany but the attendance will likely be lower and I highly doubt it'll become anywhere near standard. Since the main bulk of EU tourneys takes place in the area of north-western Germany / Netherlands and France it probably becomes a question of how long the pro-ban side of Germany will keep being ******** about it.

:059:

Kasper!

Smash Lord
andy, im not even for the ban though and you didnt even ask me or nufin besides i actually want someone like calz to go mk now sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i can shine up his mk real nice
turn his mk sideways
and then stick an up smash straight up his candy ***

love ya too calz xD haha

Greward

Smash Lord
actually we have something like a soft ban on MK, and yea there's no need to ban him in here because he isn't overcentralizing the game. It's just that MK is a character that can break the game, ok we don't do it in here, but it is able to do it. So banning him is more about what can he do than what he is doing now.

We're probably going to ban it here in Spain because most of the spanish community wants the ban. Though I'm a pro-ban, after thinking a while about it, I don't really see a reason to ban him here in Europe.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
You're not doing your scene any favours with a ban if you ever go out of country. Several scenes will definitely keep him legal and while I don't think too many Europeans will end up going to APEX, those that plan on it will have to know the matchup like the back of their hand. Our scene has been around for three years now, so we can't still be afraid of what a character can do when that's somewhat theoretical and no one here does it anyway. Orion was known in his country as a really gay MK player, but generally opts to play based on his opponent here and he has actually improved significantly in the last year. If someone like M2K were to come over it might be different, but Americans never travel and he'd still be without RC/Brinstar. Finally, most American pro-ban top players I've spoken too just think the number of MKs they have there is a problem rather than that he's some unbeatable god. I can understand the annoyance to a certain extent if half your top 8, including #1, is always MK, but I've seen tournaments here where Marth places more and better.

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
I think this should be discussed on whether MK should be banned on in Europe, speaking on behalf of UK we are definatly going to ban him, unless like EVERY single country in Europe keep him legal, then we don't really have a choice. But pretty much all GOOD UK players are for the ban, except Calzorz lool.
um...im not pro ban

just saying

Yikarur

Smash Master
Germany seems to be kinda against it [only 1 ranked player is explicitly in favor of it, while at least 3 are against it and 4~5 others have no issue with him legal]. It just seems like pro-ban is getting noisy / annoying about it but most of them are scrubs like Yikarur [and who would take him serious, of all the people in this community? :bee:] and once they hit deaf ears they'll probably just shut anyway.
Austria is like completely against it - tourneys with MK banned might pop here and there in Germany but the attendance will likely be lower and I highly doubt it'll become anywhere near standard. Since the main bulk of EU tourneys takes place in the area of north-western Germany / Netherlands and France it probably becomes a question of how long the pro-ban side of Germany will keep being ******** about it.

:059:
you're so garbage. :/
It's sad that you became kinda like BPC.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Well Keith you havent played Smash in ages and like you have been away, this is liek ur first psot in months. I know Calz is agaisnt the ban, but besides mroe than 50% of the UK are pro ban and also the TO's are pro ban.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Well to be honest if like no EU countries ban him, its not fair for him to be banned in UK, cuz for EU tournies which no1 from UK goes to anyway those people will want MK practice, so our decision rides on what the rest of you do.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
I guess since Finland have banned him we might as well go with the flow, after all tis the most prominent country in Europe lolz. And Holland cant troll, u got soem decent trolls like Chair and yourself, maybe Jumpman, but no match for Anaky.

Edit: What will France do with MK then? Cuz the important countries are like UK, France, Holland, Germany and Spain right?

Yeniths

East Midlands!
MK should not be banned in the UK IMO. Nobody really wants it, only person I've seen you is actually REALLY for it is GP because he plays Ike -.-.

If someone plays like Bowser in Melee can't stress for Fox to be banned? :s

But yeah, really do not see a reason to ban him here, the best MK we have is Kmac. His metagame here is sideBing to SD =/

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Lol George u dont even play Brawl and also u didnt attend the monthly, u only post on the boards, no1 goes there anymore, except G.P.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I've been to sooo many London monthlies. Way more then you have lol.

I didn't attend the last one as I was moving into University for my third and final year, and obviously that wins.

No I don't play Brawl anymore but I still know how everything works. A MK has not even placed top 5 for soo long. I was like the last one to even do it?

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Ok...

Who can tell me if France will ban MK?

Also from all the main or top players in UK this is what ive got so far, i dont wanna ban him alone and i wont, its only fair that everyone decides. The others are either new players or simply not good enough or never played the game seriously.

Banned (7)
Anaky, G.P, Shlurpie, IxisNaugus, Cong, Hoe4u, J.Miller.

Legal (3)
Calzorz, Kasper, C.R.Z.

Pending
Pafos, Doplghost, KillerJawz.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Lool nah sorry, ive posted this in our thread etc and i just want to hear from other people if there is anyone else that could vote, cuz to me there isnt.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I think some of them people shouldn't be voting but :p

anyway hope whatever happens things turn out alright lol

ohh and miss u bbe

Top Bottom