• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omni's HTC Training: Brawl (again) and SF4

Coney

Smash Master
@Coney: Uh, wow? Another reason why I've had these at my place is because I don't have a way of getting anywhere with no car. But I think I give great advice, have a good space, and ultimately produce really good results. Wish you'd support me rather than abandon me.
well come on now, don't be like that, i'm just saying if push comes to shove i'm offering help if i could. the whole reason i'm offering another place is to support these because they're genuinely helpful.

it's not about the place, it's about the people and the practice. if you can keep doing them at your place then of course, by all means, and i'd pay for the sessions anyway...to be honest, i'd rather NOT do them at my place, but i really think these sessions are worth it. i mean ****, MD got...what, 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 7th, five of the top eight? that's better than we're used to...and that's without both neo and lie (also without june obv but let's be selective and biased). md da bes

in short i'm on your side here buddy-pal

EDIT - rereading my post, me asking "anyone interested" wasn't supposed to mean "HEY EVERYBODY OFF THIS SINKING SHIP," it was more "if omni's doesn't work out for whatever reason, would anyone be willing to travel to my place?" only i have a tendency to sometimes be randomly curt so, i apologize for that, i'm usually more verbose

daisho

Smash Lord
Gotta say, charging the money definitely does make sense... no reason for you to be paying out of pocket for other people to get better, right?

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
well come on now, don't be like that, i'm just saying if push comes to shove i'm offering help if i could. the whole reason i'm offering another place is to support these because they're genuinely helpful.

it's not about the place, it's about the people and the practice. if you can keep doing them at your place then of course, by all means, and i'd pay for the sessions anyway...to be honest, i'd rather NOT do them at my place, but i really think these sessions are worth it. i mean ****, MD got...what, 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 7th, five of the top eight? that's better than we're used to...and that's without both neo and lie (also without june obv but let's be selective and biased). md da bes

in short i'm on your side here buddy-pal

EDIT - rereading my post, me asking "anyone interested" wasn't supposed to mean "HEY EVERYBODY OFF THIS SINKING SHIP," it was more "if omni's doesn't work out for whatever reason, would anyone be willing to travel to my place?" only i have a tendency to sometimes be randomly curt so, i apologize for that, i'm usually more verbose
I've always liked your vocabulary but that is the longest sentence I've ever read. :)

Also Omni, since your mom is charging $15, I probably would only come once a week. I just started this new job and I need to save money for other things I'm doing. So I would either come Wednesday or Friday depending on what's going on.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
NOID, are you in bmore or in cp? If you're in bmore, lets carpool to this on friday, for obvious reasons.
Bmore. Commuting. Carpooling would be fine.

Gotta say, charging the money definitely does make sense... no reason for you to be paying out of pocket for other people to get better, right?
Alex, if you want to go with us Wednesday, I'll take you. Tell Omni. You need to get that DK better.

EDIT: @Alan: it's $3 per person, not $15, in case you were confused. I think you can afford that if you just got a job. I need some Snake practice. Come Friday please.

daisho

Smash Lord
Yeah I really do need that practice... (name's Andrew btw)

So ya, Omni I'd like to sign up for Wednesday if you still have room.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
@coney: oh snaps. my bad. i totally misintrepreted it. <3 you.

@alan: yea it's 3 bucks a person not 15 bucks a session... but if you'd be willing to drop 15 <.<.... lol, jk. make sure you communicate with Meep religiously. i think he's willing to give you a ride everytime he comes down since you're really close by.

--------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smX5Pt2jyMM - Episode 13
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_NFZ2EGySY - Episode 14

Two-in-one labor day special!

@noid: my capture card was acting up after my Mega Man recording. not sure why but thats why the vids aint up tonight. my bad champ. soon tho

Omni

BRoomer
updated. last few spots left are here for Tuesday. id probably hold one Thursday, too, but i think GIMR/Aposl are doing their thingy Thursday. if not, i'll throw one in. im still really far from where i want to be even with that win last week, but at this pace imma hit Anti status soon

[Week 4]
Tuesday:
1.) Meep
2.) Takeover
3.)
4.)
5.)

Wednesday
1.) Noid
2.) Slik
3.) Meep
4.) Takeover
5.) Daisho

Friday
1.) Noid
2.) Meep
3.) Takeover
4.) Tant
5.) Junebug (confirm with me again asap, June, i can probably allow whoever rides with you as well)

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Shizz this sounds awesome. I would be down to take a spot for tuesday but I would need a ride from Baltimore and that probs won't happen. Regardless I wanna meet some MD peeps and something like this would be hella fun.

And if anyone does want to give me a ride from baltimore (I would pay for gas n stuff) send me a pm and I'll check later tonight and tomorrow morning. Last minute but eh, could be funnnnn

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Bmore. Commuting. Carpooling would be fine.

Alex, if you want to go with us Wednesday, I'll take you. Tell Omni. You need to get that DK better.

EDIT: @Alan: it's $3 per person, not $15, in case you were confused. I think you can afford that if you just got a job. I need some Snake practice. Come Friday please.
It's not $3 per person, it's $15 for the night so if 2 people come then the fee would be $5 per person since Omni is willing to put in his own venue fee.

Coney

Smash Master
**** i was gonna call wednesday, too late now i guess

if something opens up gimme a call please!

Omni

BRoomer
i mean if there's only 2 people, Alan, i'll cover the rest obv. i wont make people pay more to cover for spots that werent filled up.

so never expect to have to bring more then $3. i'll cover whatever is leftover. my mom had the nerve to ask me for $75 for the previous 3 weeks. persuaded her to settle for $50 but ****

im also willing to open up Thursday if there is enough interest

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
i mean if there's only 2 people, Alan, i'll cover the rest obv. i wont make people pay more to cover for spots that werent filled up.

so never expect to have to bring more then $3. i'll cover whatever is leftover. my mom had the nerve to ask me for $75 for the previous 3 weeks. persuaded her to settle for $50 but ****

im also willing to open up Thursday if there is enough interest
I know things are tough on you holding these training sessions.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Yeah I really do need that practice... (name's Andrew btw)

So ya, Omni I'd like to sign up for Wednesday if you still have room.
FFFF... You know, I was too lazy to check my phone for your name. Also, we've got a crew member (HAT) who's first name is Alex and has the best DK in this region IMO. (It's between him and Junebug.) My bad. I'll pick you up Wednesday!

@LuigiKing: You should tell them you're in the Towson area. Saying Bmore can be very broad, since it covers both Baltimore City and Baltimore County, which is huge. Picking you up would be out of the way for me. You'd have to try to somehow get closer, or find someone who can pick you up from that area.

I personally don't know many that way. I know some Pikesville smashers, but they don't drive. Anyone care to help him out?

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Yeah in case anyone could potentially get me places I'm stuck in Towson. Oh wellz, I'm used to not having anyone to play smash with (lolidaho) so I assumed no one would live near me =p And I can potentially bus to more accessible places in Baltimore if need be...

But srsly I'm not a rapist or anything someone help me out plz.

Omni

BRoomer
your avatar says otherwise <_<

i'll ask around to see who's the closest near you, LK

Lobos

Smash Master
@Coney: Uh, wow? Another reason why I've had these at my place is because I don't have a way of getting anywhere with no car. But I think I give great advice, have a good space, and ultimately produce really good results. Wish you'd support me rather than abandon me.

[Week 4]
Tuesday:
1.) Meep
2.) Takeover
3.)
4.)
5.)

Wednesday
1.) Noid
2.) Slik
3.) Meep
4.) Takeover
5.)

Friday
1.) Noid
2.) Meep
3.) Takeover
4.) Tant
5.) Junebug (confirm with me again asap, June, i can probably allow whoever rides with you as well)
NVM saw the updated list lol.......

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Confirm me and SSR for today.

What time do these start by the way? I get out of class at 2:15.

Omni

BRoomer
Updated again. Also, if enough people want to do THURSDAY I'll be okay with arranging that.

[Week 4]
Tuesday:
1.) Meep
2.)
3.) Seagull
4.) SSR
5.) ShadoFiend

Wednesday
1.) Noid
2.) Slik
3.) Meep
4.) Takeover
5.) Daisho

Friday
1.) Noid
2.) Meep
3.) Takeover
4.) Tant

-----

@Seagull: You can come anytime between 5:45-6:00pm. We'll probably be ending this at around 11:30-12:00pm.

That's roughly 6 hours of training if you guys come on time! I suggest you guys grab something to eat before you get here so you don't get hungry during the session. Come with a gameplan on what you want get out of the session like matchups you need to improve in, etc.

----

and with that we've got a full list. please bring $3 to help cover the electricity crap i gotta pay my mom. if you guys can bring a wii and a brawl disc. EAT before you come or bring your food here. and just be prepared to level up. no teamsies; game faces peoplleeee.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
aye omni did you see my white headfones anywhere (They shouldve been over there by the fireplace)

Omni

BRoomer
i didnt look. i'll check this evening and letcha know

Omni

BRoomer
it's a good idea if you're not me. what do i gain by winning, lol

Omni

BRoomer
oh, i thought you were MM'ing FOR the $3. so basically its just a separate MM.

yeaaa imma have to pass on that. i'll be going all out during the training session so there's really no need to MM

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
NOID, i'll meet you at your place around 5:30pm on friday, unless you want to meet me at my job in Baltimore (plenty of free parking.) It's right off falls road. If you meet me in Baltimore we'll save time and I'll drive. If not it might take a bit longer.

Omni

BRoomer
IMPORTANT: Make sure you guys call me and let me know you're on your way. Also, give me another call when you arrive at my house so I can let you in.

Omni

BRoomer
...dude you cant be doing that. coulda been a spot for someone else.

do i need to take you off for the other days or can u make those?

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
uhh omni someone can still replace him i mean atleast he dropped out pretty early

also if you find my headfones i will obviously come for a little bit to play some rounds get some vids and then leave with my headfones

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
I've always liked your vocabulary but that is the longest sentence I've ever read. :)

Also Omni, since your mom is charging $15, I probably would only come once a week. I just started this new job and I need to save money for other things I'm doing. So I would either come Wednesday or Friday depending on what's going on.
I did not mention this last minute, I'm not sure if you read this properly but I clearly said I would either come Wednesday or Friday.

Omni

BRoomer
I thought you said you were down on Sunday for today. Anyway let me know which day you can make. No maybes.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
your avatar says otherwise <_<

i'll ask around to see who's the closest near you, LK
Thanks bro.

And I'm pretty sure tant and NOID live close enough that I can take public transportation to get to them. Hopefully I can get to one of these sometime =/

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Luigiking, i can take you to woodbridge on the night of the 24th. For training sessions, it won't work out. But for weekend events it can work.

Top Bottom