• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omni's HTC Training: Brawl (again) and SF4

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
thought about coming again today...but im really tired of losing...and the only people that ever tell me what I was doing are you and PS...
stop being a scrub.

accept losses as room for learning. accept that right now you're not at the point where you can win consistently nor is it going to magically happen.

after our matches lastnight that i recorded i dont think you listened to a word i said but i was giving you tips on how to handle the matchup. i was also telling you some of your bad habits and what exactly i was exploiting.

you're going to lose a lot until you get better. put in the time, get the L's, review the games, asks for ways to improve, and rinse and repeat until you've gained a few levels.

@EVERYONE: Bring $3 for pizza. I'll be providing an extra pizza and drinks but I'd like help with tip and the 2nd or 3rd pizza. If you don't want pizza then you can go out and eat or eat before you get here.

AIM TO BE HERE around 5:30 - 6:00! Call me when you're on your way!

meepxzero

Smash Master
TKO the only problem you have playing me is ur not mixing ur attacks enough and i can kind of guess what ur doing after a while. Fox is a bait and punish character so if i can kind of read whoever im playing i can pick them apart even if they safely camp.

Im usually bad at giving advice because i focus a lot on figuring out what i did wrong.

Just think about why ur getting hit or not landing hits in brawl and play with confidence even if you get *****. If you play with a good mentality its easier to see why u make mistakes as opposed to playing with a bad mentality and blaming it on that.

Omni: i take it back watching u play megaman was actually entertaining lolol. Im probably gonna get kfc or something before i head over getting tired of pizza =|

Omni

BRoomer
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6gmnrn-Bg60?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6gmnrn-Bg60?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Nova9000

Smash Lord
I'm in the same boat as TKO on this one except he understands the game a lot more than I do, so I'm in an even worse predicament than him. However, I'm taking these losses and learning from what I do right and wrong. Just watchin my humilation on YT showed me habits that I have and what I need to work on. Either way, this is def. helpin me out. I didn't record my match yesterday but thurs I will.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
yo when Metroid other M comes out

I think im going to Let's Play that...these megaman Lets plays are 2 ****ing good...lol

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Omni, what're the schedules lookin like? I'm actually coming Thursday if it's open.

Since people are asking n such, it'd probably be a bit easier for you and for us if you put the days that are available/unavailable on the OP.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Since people are asking n such, it'd probably be a bit easier for you and for us if you put the days that are available/unavailable on the OP.
This. Make a calendar so we know when you're free and when you're not free. :)

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Monday, August 23 *FULL*
1.) NEO
2.) Noid
3.) Hat
4.) Pink Fresh
5.) Coney
6.) Logic

Tuesday, August 24 *FULL*
1.) GIMR
2.) Logic
3.) Nova/Takeover
4.) Lobos
5.) Coney
6.) Aposl

Thursday, August 26

1.)
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)

Friday, August 27 *depends on amount of interest*
1.)
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)
looks like a schedule to me

it has the days he can play on and everything

asking for a whole calender of a month is stupid...that always for people to call spots waaaay to far in advance...this weekly thing should be legit enough

every sunday omni just puts up what days he can play and then people call spots for the week...good system imo

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
asking for a whole calender of a month is stupid...that always for people to call spots waaaay to far in advance...this weekly thing should be legit enough

every sunday omni just puts up what days he can play and then people call spots for the week...good system imo
I agree on just weekly. Too far in advance seems a lil silly.

I'm just suggesting that same thing that u quoted, just on the OP and updated with each person as they post, just so we know. I figure that'd be easier for us, and for Omni unless he's keeping his own records.

Btw, this is just a suggestion. I'm not challenging ur system or anything, it's your ****, lol.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
YEA MOTHU****A DONT CHALLENGE ME
(OR OMNI)!!

You just opened this second one and now you feel stupid for reading it out loud when it clearly didn't say anything of importance. and now you feel even more stupid because you read this second sentence which continues to disregard any form of importance.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I'm really proud of Nova9000, we need more players like him to come into the scene and step it up and be better and take the reigns on learning. I have to admit, I've been trying to get good for 2 and a half years and it hasn't quite happened yet. I still can't compete with Chu, Atomsk, or the super top players yet.

TKO and others you guys and people like I can step it up even more from where we are. Omni and others can help.

B0NK

Smash Lord
I'm really proud of Nova9000, we need more players like him to come into the scene and step it up and be better and take the reigns on learning. I have to admit, I've been trying to get good for 2 and a half years and it hasn't quite happened yet. I still can't compete with Chu, Atomsk, or the super top players yet.

TKO and others you guys and people like I can step it up even more from where we are. Omni and others can help.
For Chu just pick up G&W or Olimar obv

Omni

BRoomer
Sorry for not keeping the schedule updated on the OP.

I'm going to cancel Thursday's session and encourage everyone to go to GIMR's fest. I've been going past schedule the past few nights so I'm a bit fatigued. Sorry guys. Work + session = drained Omni.

I hope these sessions are helping people. I do want us to improve and I do see you guys improving. If anything people are becoming more familiar with their match ups and/or secondaries.

I'll stll consider Friday. I'll confirm it tonight or tomorrow.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Omni and PS have been the biggest help so far

omni that night I left with out saying anything..I heard everything you said but i was jus so discouraged by that time that I jus didnt really want to play again (At that moment) so I just went home

I don't think im terribly bad but I think I can't hang with the big boys yet (in singles atleast)...but that will change in time

Freezewish

Smash Ace

I'm going to cancel Thursday's session and encourage everyone to go to GIMR's fest. I've been going past schedule the past few nights so I'm a bit fatigued. Sorry guys. Work + session = drained Omni.

I hope these sessions are helping people. I do want us to improve and I do see you guys improving. If anything people are becoming more familiar with their match ups and/or secondaries.

If you have one friday me and speed are there.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
if speed is there I'm there...and DOUBLES WILL HAPPEN..on a seperate tv of course...but thats my static partner

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
YEA MOTHU****A DONT CHALLENGE ME
(OR OMNI)!!

You just opened this second one and now you feel stupid for reading it out loud when it clearly didn't say anything of importance. and now you feel even more stupid because you read this second sentence which continues to disregard any form of importance.
Go **** yourself. God ****it. You killed 10 seconds of my life.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
looks like a schedule to me

it has the days he can play on and everything

That's not exactly what I meant. He can have that in the OP and update it on a weekly basis. I wasn't asking for a calendar.

Thanks. I'm just a regular dude thts tryna step it up; a baby Allen if you will. ;)

Stamp me for Friday then if you decide to have it. My plans got changed so I'm available.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
LOL @ skill having nothing to do with me winning against Chu

Omni

BRoomer
I think we may already be full for Friday (if Friday is going down). I'll double check the list by going over the people who confirmed.

Definitely nothing happening tomorrow. I need some REST. Some good ol' Chrono Cross + Mega Man 10 should help suffice me as well.

What's happening this weekend without MLG? Who's going to MLG?

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
damit...i called a spot on friday before everyone (i called aspot for the rest of this week...lol) just saying

and this weekend is going to be boring pretty much as far as smash goes

Coney

Smash Master
hey omni, if you want, we should do a lets play together

i don't know if you like streets of rage but, those are great

goof troop for SNES is gold too

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
I had a nice time smashing on friday/saturday.
Omni your mk is definitely getting better.
Meep your fox is improving everytime we play.
Lie is steppin up that diddy kong.
I'm def getting better.

Top Bottom