• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omni's HTC Training: Brawl (again) and SF4

Coney

Smash Master
dude i'm gonna stop looking at who i play next and preparing three steps ahead in the bracket, it really helps me from psyching myself out, you should do the same

but yeah penta's real good apparently, he got a few votes as a top five g&w in that ol' thread i had

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Current Active Users Viewing This Thread: PentaSalia

GG! LOL

Anyway, Omni, can you provide a list as to who can come tomorrow? Unless you want 10+ people there, you may want to make it now.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Logic and I didn't even see who we had to play next at MLG. We went in blind. It really helped us out.

Also the fact that I didn't know who Kira flax was helped me beat him.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
aight next matchups to Get down to make me officially SSJ2 status

Falco
Olimar
Toon Link

I will Be the best kirby in The US...or atleast MD/VA...count on it!

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Everyone goes to UMBC on thursday, Steve

just do a weds. session first come first serve. In fact, seems like you might just want to do one a week on that day, that way you could plan for it.
don't tell how to bleed my own blood, Evil Dictator

wow...did not expect...maybe I should really forget who people are by name...If I woulda known who he was i prolly woulda been more nervous...
a name is just a name. most important thing to remember is that your opponent is human just like you. you both carry the same potential and restrictions.

Current Active Users Viewing This Thread: PentaSalia

GG! LOL

Anyway, Omni, can you provide a list as to who can come tomorrow? Unless you want 10+ people there, you may want to make it now.
gottem

im kinda under pressure here since so many people wanna come at once cuz u guys are lamos.

coney, tko, and takeover get special priority tho for being the most supportive and most consistent in attending.

which leaves 2 slots open. except one of those slots will go to whoever picks up Alan which will probably be Nova.

which leaves one slot open. how many of you are going to UMBC on Thursday?

aight next matchups to Get down to make me officially SSJ2 status

Falco
Olimar
Toon Link

I will Be the best kirby in The US...or atleast MD/VA...count on it!
that's the attitude i like to hear.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
^^ Truth.

I think Marcus is tagging along for the day tomorrow. Not confirmed yet. But, regardless, I definitely wanted to hit up the Wednesday session... like weeks ago.

Omni

BRoomer
^^ Truth.

I think Marcus is tagging along for the day tomorrow. Not confirmed yet. But, regardless, I definitely wanted to hit up the Wednesday session... like weeks ago.
you had girlfriend johns, remember? and it was only a week ago =P

also, i only have room for one more person. can't invite EVERYONE for a wednesday session yet somehow everyone is only available on Wednesday wtf

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
don't tell how to bleed my own blood, Evil Dictator

a name is just a name. most important thing to remember is that your opponent is human just like you. you both carry the same potential and restrictions.

gottem

im kinda under pressure here since so many people wanna come at once cuz u guys are lamos.

coney, tko, and takeover get special priority tho for being the most supportive and most consistent in attending.

which leaves 2 slots open. except one of those slots will go to whoever picks up Alan which will probably be Nova.

which leaves one slot open. how many of you are going to UMBC on Thursday?

that's the attitude i like to hear.
Profound sadness at spots filling up. Thursday I've got some stuff to do school-wise.

Edit: I'll take the last spot Omni.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
you had girlfriend johns, remember? and it was only a week ago =P

also, i only have room for one more person. can't invite EVERYONE for a wednesday session yet somehow everyone is only available on Wednesday wtf
True. That was Thursday. This is now. Not to mention, didn't you announce that you would host a session 4 hours prior to it being held? Watch out dude, don't pull a Chu.

But Joe wants to go.

And I'd feel bad if I went and left out Marcus, who was willing to spend an entire day at College Park bored to death while I had classes JUST so I could take him to your training session.

Oh well! See you guys @ UMBC!

Also, everyone is available Wednesday and Thursday, but Thursday most of us have been doing UMBC ever since you stopped the HTC. And it's a nice space and convenient location. So we probably won't give that up.

And Friday is a "I'm not a smasher" day where people can try being normal.

So yeah. Open up your Mondays and Tuesdays for us. Gawd.

Omni

BRoomer
well you said "weeks" so i was just correcting you

i mean two things

1.) stop telling me what to do, fool. i've got things i like to do after work that don't involve smash from time to time like a female, SC2, sleep, etc.

2.) there's not much i can do. i'm opening up Wednesday and i have a limit on the people who can come. that's really all there is to it. im working under a restriction so "but joe wants to go" or "but i'd feel bad if i left marcus" AtE doesn't mean much cuz having one more person over the limit = no more training sessions.

i dont mind if u guys go to UMBC. thats totally legit and cool. i'd be willing to open up Thursday for people who dont want to go all the way up to UMBC since that's a huge distance away which is why i asked.

lobos
freeze
seagull
noid

technically, lobos was first in saying he wanted to come so he'll probably get the last spot which would make it

coney
tko
nova
takeover
lobos

if enough people are interested for Thursday i'll open that date as well

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
So am I in lol? I'm just one person and am not bringing anyone. I just want some Falco/Mk training.

Omni

BRoomer
So am I in lol? I'm just one person and am not bringing anyone. I just want some Falco/Mk training.
did you just totally ignore my last post :mad:

beg one of those 5 for a spot. im sure lobos would be the most flexible if you're willing to do some "favors" for him :awesome:

also, alan, dont wanna deal with any bs. confirm by this evening if you can really come or not cuz im not entirely convinced

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
well you said "weeks" so i was just correcting you

i mean two things

1.) stop telling me what to do, fool. i've got things i like to do after work that don't involve smash from time to time like a female, SC2, sleep, etc.

2.) there's not much i can do. i'm opening up Wednesday and i have a limit on the people who can come. that's really all there is to it. im working under a restriction so "but joe wants to go" or "but i'd feel bad if i left marcus" AtE doesn't mean much cuz having one more person over the limit = no more training sessions.

i dont mind if u guys go to UMBC. thats totally legit and cool. i'd be willing to open up Thursday for people who dont want to go all the way up to UMBC since that's a huge distance away which is why i asked.

lobos
freeze
seagull
noid

technically, lobos was first in saying he wanted to come so he'll probably get the last spot which would make it

coney
tko
nova
takeover
lobos

if enough people are interested for Thursday i'll open that date as well
1) "SC2." ROFL. In full agreement.

2) I was referring to the fact that I'm not going if Marcus can't go since it wouldn't be fair to him or your quota. I also noticed that Joe wanted to go, and therefore figured he could take the last spot instead of the two of us.

But, looking further back, Lobos did call it first so it's only fair he gets it.

Wasn't telling you what to do. Chillax.

Finally, real talk (don't take this for telling you what to do), this last minute "grab your spots while you can!" while "oh but these three are guaranteed" bull**** is stupid. We all understand you have a busy schedule, but it wouldn't hurt to plan ahead (you used to do that 5-day forecast. What happened?). If you don't want to open up more days and you can't open up more spots, that's fine and we respect that, but telling us a session is going to happen the day before (or hours before like last week) is obviously going to 'cause a rush in demand. And while having people guaranteed is fair, since they do support HTC the most, in addition to the 5-man limit... it just makes things complicated. We all love you if you haven't noticed (and you're the only high-level MK in MD.) Learn to share the love (and MK.)

<3 Omni (and MK)

Coney

Smash Master
yeah, i greatly appreciate the offer steve (yeah, ima start calling you that) but i don't know if i can accept a permanent spot. i love these things but i also wanna share them with the rest of the community. they did a lot for me, i'd like to see others improve as much as i did...on top of that ima be a lot busier soon anyway so, doesn't matter

either way, i'll be there tomorrow

to be honest these things aren't really like any other smashfest i've been to. it's less technical and more mental. maybe just because it's omni and i regard him very highly and he plays two of my worst matchups, but it's absolutely superb training for me to be able to come against two difficult matchups with a great player and have the ability to think, relax, calm down when frustrated, etc. these sessions are a different environment entirely, one i value greatly.

if more people come into this with a clear head and open mind, i think we'll see a ton of improvement in the region

Omni

BRoomer
Wasn't telling you what to do. Chillax.
:cool:

Finally, real talk (don't take this for telling you what to do), this last minute "grab your spots while you can!" while "oh but these three are guaranteed" bull**** is stupid. We all understand you have a busy schedule, but it wouldn't hurt to plan ahead (you used to do that 5-day forecast. What happened?).
well i kinda just rejumpstarted this. i use to do the 5-day forecast because i didnt have SC2, a female, and im going to the gym more often so im trying to get a grasp of my own schedule first.

If you don't want to open up more days and you can't open up more spots, that's fine and we respect that, but telling us a session is going to happen the day before (or hours before like last week) is obviously going to 'cause a rush in demand. And while having people guaranteed is fair, since they do support HTC the most, in addition to the 5-man limit... it just makes things complicated. We all love you if you haven't noticed (and you're the only high-level MK in MD.) Learn to share the love (and MK.)

<3 Omni (and MK)
i dont wanna hear your bull****, Noid. *BANNED FROM FUTHER HTC's*

nah, you know i feel you dude. and i do owe it to md/va to get my MK to that level so ya'll can piss on any MK that isn't me. and since korn never wants to do friendlies/sandbags, mero is a thug, neo's a marth ***, june lives in NoWhere, VA, and tant isnt hungry enough i guess that just leaves me

If the same three people are always guaranteed spots whenever they wanna come that's stupid.
nah it's not gonna be the same 3 people. you know me. ive ran enough HTC's to show that i dont discriminate and these sessions are open for all. just if im gonna hold one this week i do want to get preferences to certain people for at least one session. it's not a permanent thing at all

yeah, i greatly appreciate the offer steve (yeah, ima start calling you that) but i don't know if i can accept a permanent spot. i love these things but i also wanna share them with the rest of the community. they did a lot for me, i'd like to see others improve as much as i did...on top of that ima be a lot busier soon anyway so, doesn't matter
stfu, CONEY. imma get in that *** tomorrow. and when i 3 stock you

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-izv6PiGtXk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-izv6PiGtXk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

to be honest these things aren't really like any other smashfest i've been to. it's less technical and more mental. maybe just because it's omni and i regard him very highly and he plays two of my worst matchups, but it's absolutely superb training for me to be able to come against two difficult matchups with a great player and have the ability to think, relax, calm down when frustrated, etc. these sessions are a different environment entirely, one i value greatly.

if more people come into this with a clear head and open mind, i think we'll see a ton of improvement in the region
:bee:

I mean...I just come to these to **** omni. get mad if i don't...and subsequently improve until i can **** omni
that's the ****ing attitude people need to bring to this ****

Omni

BRoomer
ill get on SC as soon as i get home. i'm still at the gym (on my way home)

Top Bottom