• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Burn

Smash Lord
im not sure yet.... im thinking about going but im not sure if its worth it yet.. i guess i will wait and c and then i will give u guys any updates....

Mike Falco lover

Smash Journeyman
just to let everyone know i am quitting smash for good!!!!! There is no point of playing this game anymore, none of us is getting any better...... I mean we will never be pro or place high at any of the really good tournies..... We will never be as good as Ken, Isai, DSF, DarkRain, Rob, Zulu, Caveman, Wes, KillaOr, Dave, or any of the kings out there... Just face it guys Omaha sux and no one gives a sh it about 5 guys and a yosh...... You guys might think u r good at this game, Mo especially, But no one else thinks that u r good..... like the Arizona guys and the Kansas guys..... I am not saying all of this because I lost, I am just speaking the truth.... I was getting to the point of just saying this anyways because I already knew that I was not good at this game and never will be and u guys are not good either!!!! Just look at the nerd vids.... we will never get to their level of play.... But u guys can try all u want,I will be the smart one and not give my money to the nerds of this game at tournies.... This game is too NERRD for me!!!!

Big Burn

Smash Lord
it doesnt matter if we arent ultimate nerd.... all that matters is that its fun.... i mean video games were meant for good competitive fun....not for money..... i mean i dont need to be top 10 in the nation to have fun at this game, but thats just me..... besides at the last omaha tourney me, u, and mo took 2,3,and 4 dude.... and we out did the kansas guys, who are known a little bit.... we just need to go to major tourneys.... o well.... its your choice if u want to quit.....but thats just one less good smasher that the omaha crew will not have anymore.....and about giving money to nerds? dude u might give them 7 dollars once every two months, whopde ****ing doo.... major crust to say the least...

Link_Hero

Smash Cadet
Mike, Murn is right...i mean how much fu-cking money have u really given the "nerds"? u've deff made more than uve lost... and if u only play a game to be top in the nation u would be playing no video games at all, think about it that way. i mean i would understand if u wanted to quit it cuz it wasnt fun ne more but i know that isnt true cuz u love playing it. i know u'll come back to ur senses.

HuskerTank05

Smash Apprentice
wtf Mike
are u that ****in dumb your one of the best thats around here and like Murn said so wut if u lose money at tourneys its all about the fun and experience of meeting and playing others smashers from around the nation if you quit then that means that everyone who has ever played a video game should just stop and say hey im a ***** and i cant take a loss so im gonna just stop playing!
thats ****in pathetic dude:<

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
I might think I'm good? What would give you that impression? I'm not the one who stomps around proclaiming I'm 5th in the nation at my character, constantly calling myself the best in the state, telling everyone that I'm gonna win the next tourney. I've won 5 fricking weeklies in a row and I don't do any of that stuff. Why? Because I know winning speaks for itself and I also know being the best around doesn't and won't last forever. Murn and you each had your turns at the top and I'm sure someone will dethrone me sooner rather than later.

Anyhow like I tell my sister when she loses in Final Fantasy to tough bosses. You can't beat it unless you keep playing. Never gonna get any better or challenge for a top spot in a major tourney unless you keep playing. Quitting certainly won't help. Everyone around here knows you are one of the best in the area. You've made more money than you've lost, you've made a name for yourself amongst the Smashers we've played, and we'll hopefully get known at SMYM3. There's no reason to quit now dude. Just give it one more shot at least at SMYM3, for me your Smash rival. Cuz I know we can make SOME noise.

BTW as far as the videos go I have a proposal for you. Before you go off claiming their videos are so much more impressive, I suggest we get some matches taped between me, you, Murn, Shem, Shea etc. I've watched the match between me and Shem and we look mildly good and we have improved since then. I'm willing to bet you'd change your tune if we taped some of our own matches.

Mike Falco lover

Smash Journeyman
Im quitting so just get over it guys!!!! I dont stomp around saying Im the best.... I just put that as my sig for the hell of it... I know for dam n sure that my Falco is no where even close to 100th best ever.... My Falco is weak and I can no longer play this game anymore.... Sorry guys

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
***** you ain't quitting. Don't ever say your Falco is weak. Murn beat you sure, but I am having a harder time than ever fighting your Falco now that you are more accurate with L-cancels and short hops. And thats just the honest truth. Yer mad and I understand but you gotta get over it, get back to practicing, and come pwn some people at SMYM3.

LOL Jimi long time no see :)

Dragon7507

Smash Ace
Dude, mike, if i just played the game to be top in the nation i would have quit a long time ago. Even though i do win sometimes, I know i suck, Thats all there is to it. But, i keep playing the game cause its fun getting better and playing it. And also, w/o smash, i would never have met any of the omaha crew cept johnny, and all the other friends i have made. So yeah, the people i have met and the fun times i have had made up for all the money i lost and for the fact that i am the worst in the nation. Smash is a game, and its no fun if you just take it as you must win or its not fun. Trust me, thats how i take bowling, it sucks unless i am having a normal or good day.
Dragon

Tacoom

Smash Lord

Mo suxs

More then likly Im a no show for SMYM3(Might be in Omaha that weekend)

Mike, being the best sucks. A few of the top players dont even like smash much. and being the best makes the game boring. You shouldnt crust yourself so shamefully

I have never placed high enough to win money in a tourney but still better then most of you.

Mo suxs

Matt your a d*ck for waking me up to reality.

Tank Ill see what I can do about Saturday.

Hey Jimi and Dmac

Mo suxs

Smash makes firends as Aaron said

Go Low tier Yosh, Woot! ^_^

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
I do indeed suck.

Yosh why is it no on SMYM3?

Aaron I'm better than you at SMash but you still have fun. Maybe you can own me at bowling one of these days. I'll still have fun. I like bowling hehe.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
If I am to move to Omaha, I must start college. To do so, I need to register, witch happens to be that same weekend. or something like that.

dmac

Smash Champion
I think after reading all this stuff about mike quitting and all the posts everyone has made, I only have one very important question.

Mo, is your sister hot?

MedaGamer

Smash Rookie
dude.................gansta..............dont quit.............its not worth it.................cause we all know smash is a way of life...................is soooooooooo addictting....................its like crack....................ive tried to stop..................but hey ......................... look at me now.............im back.............................

on another subject..............mo's sister is hot..................lol

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
I MIGHT have some pictures laying around on the comp somewhere. But IF you are to see them, you must bribe me with offers of alcohol at E59. Ask me on AIM we'll strike a deal haha...

cue

Smash Journeyman
Mike - Thats gay
Mo - Doc doesnt beat marth in the air
Matt- i'll use falco next time! :mad:
Yosh - I like poke floats now
Shea - I love the way you suck my balls
Shea's Dog - Same as shea x2
Shem - You still havent got 1st yet! ( o and my falc owns your roy!!:mad: or he will ****it! )
Budda - are you the fat one or skinny one ?
Batman ( i think..) - i saw the end of the match where you almost beat matt, thats good ****, he plays marth all the time and for you to almost beat him means your gettin along good
Me - Woah is me
Dragon - I like pink dragons
Any One else reading this - No i'm not gay i just like pink gowd ****it

I wanna start playin more , i only been playin on tues nights anymore and thats not really playin seein as i gota wait forever just to play 1 game. I wanna learn new chars. so i need someone to play goowdd ****it. If anyou wanna give me your number, i lost everyonss # when i lost my phone :mad:

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Doc definitely doesn't beat Marth in the air. He can stuff all of Marth's laggy moves with pill though. Marths still got the edge but overall I think Docs a pretty good counter to Marth.

Yeah Leon I heard you are improving I didn't get a chance to see your Marth this week.

David holler at me at 552-0371 if you want. Problem is that its a home phone I don't have a cell :( BTW wouldnt that be WOE lol...

Big Burn

Smash Lord
maybe we can get some playing in this weekened david..... btw your name is a creep cause ur creeping to my bed about every week....

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Poke Floats is great, learn it well. Im starting Rainbow cruse next time.
There is a small chance that Ill be in town Saturday or Sunday. Dave we can smash if im around. 712-204-3842. but if im in town this Sunday then that only means that Tuesday isnt a go.

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
Like that's hardly fair. I've been getting better too! Hell, I BEAT Batman ****it!

Anyway, I get to rant this week, and this weeks Topic is one that I've learned to massively dislike for 2 years. What topic is this? Who is this one character of hate?

MARTH.

Which stands for....

M-assively
A-nal
R-etarded
T-ransvestite
H-uman

Let's look at her, shall we?

Yes, I believe Marth is a woman. That's trying so hard to be a man. But failing. Tiara? Pansy Voice? The lack of metallic armor over those budding busums? Ca'mon. If the slight off chance that Marth IS indeed male,someone loosen the vice grip on his nuts. Please. Anyway, continuing on....

Let's look at the facts, shall we? As the previous owner of Fire Emblem, I can tell you that this isn't a game, merely that is. People DIE in Fire Emblem. There is none of this pansy reincarnation crap. When you die in the game, your in your **** grave. Period. With that Said, marth has had 8 or so games, because the Japanese demand pansiatic main characters. Squall? Tidus? Sora? Virginia? Ashley? F;int? I rest my **** case (From FF8, FF10, Kingdom Hearts, Wild Arms 3, Wild Arms 2, and another game from PS1 history...)

Case in point, Marth is a prince. That said it is his (Oops. Her) job...to protect his people. Now, given the fact that he has 8 games, you'd think he would have done this. Nope. Hell no. Marth be one lazy sunza beeyotch. The fact that she has so many games kinda ****s on this fact. Marth ain't doing his job + More evil bad guys to be anally ***** by Marth & co = More Fire Emblem Games = More Money. Its' da truth.

But enough about that crap. We're here about this abombination of Marth in Smash. I hate her. I hate the reach, I hate the speed, I hate the way the sword works, I hate the way she has with edge guarding, and I espicially hate the way Marth vs. Roy encounters go SOURLY. Of course if it were a Cool Match, Roy would win hands down. (Not down there Marth. Nasty *******.) Fighting her is backward Principled. In order to fight the sword weilding fe-male, you have to get in close. Great. Get close to a sword. But if you dodge away, you get hit even HARDER than usual. Besides, can you think of ONE sword that works this way? NO. NOT A **** ONE.

And now we get to the segment of what I'd want done to Marth, and the part where I get to have the most fun. See this Batman and Loran? This is what I want done to Marth.

Sir Roy's Twelve Step Plan to make Money and make the world a better place.

(After Tying Marth down. Wouldn't want the leacherous little ***** to get away, do we?)

The first thing? Take her sword, and douse it lightly in sulfiric acid. Shove it into each of Marth's limbs several times, causing her to scream in pain. Record the said screamings with high quality tape.

Second. Take a rake and run it over Marth's belly until it bleeds. Take a flaming torch and scorch the skin there. Record said screamings with a high quality tape.

Third. Play a sexual tape of Sandra O' Connor and President Bush getting it on. Force Marth's eyes open. Ask if she prefers to keep watching the tape, or run her eyes over several hundred sharp rocks. Reguardless of answer, do it anyway. No one cares about her. Record said screams of terror/pain with a high quality tape.

Fourth. Shave Marth Bald. Collect blue hairs. Remove Tiara. Heat Tiara to white hot temperatures. Place it back on her head. Record said screams of pain with a high quality tape.

Fifth. Take the blue hairs. Freeze them with Frozen Nitrogen. Throw the needle like projectiles into Every single one of Marth's fingers, toes, and ears. Collect spilled blood. Record Screams with the usual.

Sixth. Finish collecting as much blood as possible. Mix with Lemon Acid. Throw on the female's wounds. Record Screaming with the usual.

Seventh. Release Marth's bindings. Fire Taser gun. Blood soaked clothes make for extra pain. Record Screams.

Eighth. Take a hammer. Slam them into Marth's fingers and toes till they have the consistancy of play dough. Throw her the flachion (Marth's sword) Laugh pitiously as sheis unable to stand or defend herself. Record whimperings of pain.

Ninth. Leave Marth in dark, enclosed room for a few days, giving her only moldy Brownies laced with crack and spoiled milk laced with LSD. Play all the screamings of the previous acts of torture and pain. Watch as Marth goes giddy in thinking she has friends that sound exactly like her. Laugh at her misfortune.

Tenth. Find a high quality video camera and record marth's stumbling and worthless mumbling.

Eleventh. Send Tape to FOX Television Network.

Finally. M.A.R.T.H. Goes live as a reality show. Make lots and lots of money off of her misfortune. When show goes off air, pull the deluded marth into a random back alley and point a sawed off shotgun to Her head. Grab random undead Jigglypuff. Make it fire. Once it does, the C4 Planted on it's back will explode, covering the Dead Marth in sugar. Assorted rats and birds will pick at corpse until there is nothing but bones.

And so ends the story of Marth.

Until next time!

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
Thanks guys. I've been trying to get better. But still not on yall level yet but I'll get there. Oh and don't worry about Quen, he has been saying this **** about Marth for years now he made it public. All that does is just imspire me to kick his *** with Marth even more.

And Mike why in the hell are you quiting. Your Falco is **** good man.
I have not beat him yet so what the hell are you talking about. I did not know Falco could be played like that untill I say you playing with him, so you can't quit man.

But umm... I'm on the come up so look out for me aight

HOLLA BACK

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
**** foo. I guess you don't like Marth. He's just a graceful, skillful fighter. Maybe you only like brawlers. It's aight.

I wanted to call ya for some Smeesh tonight David but I had to take my car in for an oil change and check up cuz its crust.

I've decided I'm awful with Marth. I'm making Sheik my main. Not really, but I tried to combo Peach across FD today and failed.

N64

Smash Champion
Sheik makes pika cry more than marth makes roy cry.
Heck, marth makes pika cry more than marth makes roy cry.

But eh, whatever. When's the next Nebraska/FFC tourney anyhow? I might as well make it up there once or twice before I leave for the summer (and then go to college in NY).

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Who knows when the next FFC tourney is creeping. Maybe David knows?

Jeff I'll try to give ya a call, but I gotta work days this weekend its crust.

Murn and me Smashed for literally over 5 hours straight, no piss breaks or anything lol it was crazy. Murn is THE MAN now he is L-cancelling with regularity I knew he had it in him :)

Big Burn

Smash Lord
i might be able to play smash with u this weekend some... but i might be smashed out after today... we will c

Sheik_1234

Smash Cadet
Thats ok Mo, if ur busy dont worry bout it.

Woah Murn, you are actually L-canceling? And you said it couldn't be done...

I hope the next FFC tourney is soon cuz honestly I want to play in it.

MLRS

Banned via Administration
so, did Mike Falco actually quit? if so thats......."crust"........ tell him to get his *** to smym, he owes me some matches.

DualEdge

Smash Cadet
FFC April Tournament officially scheduled for Saturday, April 23rd. Just Smash this month at normal times of 1 and 5 for Singles and Teams respectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom