• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon7507

Smash Ace
I got it all at the Walmart in GI. They had like 10 wiimotes, 10 nunchucks, they also had point cards, so I got 2000 points, and they had some of the classic console controllers, and I got one of those. Plus, since my sis works at walmart there, I got 10% off of it all, but yeah, I was suprised at how many motes, chucks and everything they had. They even had a couple of copies of Zelda. It was crazy

Dragon

Echo

Smash Champion
wtf do i find my console code @_@ do i have to get online for that or something because i dont have wi-fi

and yeah the sponsoring thing is pretty much happening, why do you think i'm trying to find a crew of reliable people we can trust to go to crap >.>

Echo, as far as the whole crew thing goes, I'm definitely interested in being a crew member. But I'm not sure if I could or would put as much time in as you're looking for. Regardless, I'm still interested. Plus, if the money part was taken care, I'd be much more likely to go OoS for this stuff.
Oh, and Legion, I'll be at the Wednesday Smashfest for at least part of it if you have it this week.

Echo

Smash Champion
Time isnt the big issue like everyone accuses it of being.

Its being a trustworthy and reliable person, that is willing to work well together with others to better as a crew, not the individual. If you're willing and able to go to tournaments oftenly/frequently, then you've met the standard.

BTW, I'm looking at going to FOB with Dark and crew... in his new bus... let me know whatcha think. Its this upcoming weekend.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
First off, it's not an excuse, I'm simply pointing out part of the reason for my reduced playing of the game. I don't need "excuses" not to play, because that implies that playing is some sort of responsibility. The fact is that I haven't been playing, and while I don't like it, I don't see it changing within the next couple months at least.

The bottom line is this: My only real free time is on the weekends right now. And I'd prefer not to spend my fall weekends going to tournaments that I'm not prepared to compete in.

Oh yeah and Rocky is gonna be garbage :-P

Echo

Smash Champion
And I'd prefer not to spend my fall weekends going to tournaments that I'm not prepared to compete in.
It's winter.

BTW, rocky sucking or not, It was nice meetin Heed, and sorry I had to bail early on you ****** last night, but Liz didnt really wanna be sittin there while we played games for too long she wanted to hit up westroads before we left town, so I had to do it :( Surely you know how it is. Maybe he'll keep in touch with Murn and stuff, could be a kreeper.

As far as FOB goes, it pretty much comes down to if we are gonna be able to come back right after the tourney or not, if we are, then I can go, and If I can't go, then you probably wont either because no one else has a car >.> ****games fool :chuckle:

aaron you never told me how to get my Wii code... :'(

Uli

Smash Champion
so like the next gamers tourny is on jan 6 or 7, so like we should start tellin people so we get a good turn out eh?? and i wish someone would had said something about this littler gathering bc i would have totally ditched the halo tourny ( 4v4 is amazing fun and HARD!!) to play some games with you guys >_> and like LOL rocky. anyone wanna give me a link to the FOB
infoo ?!?!?!?!?!?!

Echo

Smash Champion
I'll make a thread in the Tourney Discussion for the Gamers tourney, I pretty much know every detail to what they're going to do, since they dont know **** and they just do it the same every time lol, being in the that part of the forum could get some view from OoS people. You sure its going to be Jan 6th?

edit - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=90467 - wow I can't beleive I have been up this late making that thread, too much ****in coding. It better make some kind of different in attendence, we need a good tourney.

Dragon7507

Smash Ace
Mike, you have to go onto the message forum, then when you select create a message, it should tell you what your Wii code is. Hurry and add , I already got attack on mine

Dragon

Also, i traded in red steel for trauma center. That games cool, but its starting to get tough

Echo

Smash Champion
Ok I was trying to keep my post light, but I suppose I will elaborate:

You said "I don't want to spend my Fall weekends doing blah blah blah"... ok, so:

Winter begins on December 21st, which means the only tournament before Winter this year is going to be FoB, which you arent going to. The rest of the tournaments are going to be in Winter, and after that spring... hopefully you know that much. Therefor, spending your Fall Weekends a certain way would only last you what, 3 weeks? Then what about your Winter weekends? Are you going to have an excuse for those as well? And what about Spring?

Though I suppose I should have just typed a long sentence that said something like "Well, by the time you play smash again, it would be on winter weekends, not fall weekends". >.>

BTW Mo You keep misspelling ****in' <--- see its like that, ****in', not ****en. I would expect better from someone that complains about spelling errors all the time. I mean you wonder why I hate with these posts, when you're settin' it up like that.

and yes Leon, I got some info from Dark, just give me a call and I'll letcha know whats up.

lol nebraska smash is so ****ed. its borderline hopeless.

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
Nebraska smash is not ****ed we just got a few people problems thats all. So everyone start being ****ing nice to eachother and be happy mutha****as

Big Burn

Smash Lord
Mike you mispelled therefore.... hahhaaa.... i am sensing some tension in this thread these days..... not good I SAY

Echo

Smash Champion
www.dictionary.com said:
therefor

adv : (in formal usage, especially legal usage) for that or for it; "ordering goods and enclosing payment therefor"; "a refund therefor"
I did indeed mean to spell it as therefor, being a word, so I didnt mispell it... though you might have to say that it was improper usage :(

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
It's slang, there's no real difference. And I was just pointing out that you said "it's winter" which would be an untrue statement because it's fall right now. Apparently you had some massive, subtle, and tangential meaning behind the words, nice.

Keep whining about Nebraska smash and keep talking **** and you'll keep being more problem than solution.

Big Burn

Smash Lord
Seriously guys the arguments are getting pointless and trivial. Arguing for the sake of arguing about things like the seasons in a year really isn’t helping jack ****. Mike it is not really the right thing for you to try to shove smash down Mo’s throat. Mo obviously has other things higher on his priority list than smash. Hell almost everyone needs a break from smash every once and a while, I know I did, so if Mo feels like he needs to do other things in his life than smash, then so be it. I mean it is a video game for god sakes. A highly competitive one, but still a video game that is meant for fun, at least for us. I mean lets be honest with ourselves hear. We all started somewhat late in the smash scene and we all don’t really have a realistic shot at big money at BIG tournaments. I guess you could argue that that’s because we don’t get enough out of state experience, but the reality is many people either just aren’t willing and or aren’t financially capable of making that many out of state tourneys. I mean weekends are the times I like to go to the bars and drink and do things that normal college students do, while the week is usually when I vent my nerdness out. Anyways this is getting long. Mo is correct in saying that if you keep in trying to be so invasive in Mo’s life, doing **** near everything trying to get him to play smash, it’s probably going to push him further away from the game. So if he decides to come back and play, just let him do it on his own terms and just leave it at that. For now lets just play smash and stop arguing about stupid bull****, that is hindering the NE smash scene.

Echo

Smash Champion
Maybe you see me as the problem because I'm the only one thats trying to do ****. It's not about having a life, becuase we all have one. Mo does alot with College, football, poker, chillin with friends, drinking, whatever. Murn I know you are like borderline alcoholic so I know you like to go party when theres a chance. Leon has more hoes than anyone i've ever met in my life. Smeesh does alot for his family and is always trying to make his job work out for him. Here I am attending college and working as little of shifts it may be, but also with my gf and other friends as well. I have no idea what Mike does, and Yosh is living with some friends in GI, and has gotten a new job. I also know that Aaron is living his life as happy as he could want it, and he is busy with his new life, too. Uli and his friends are still in high school and just living life as such, and Quen is always under his mom's rule 24 hours a day. So you see, everyone here in this forum has a life, its stupid to say anyone that smashes doesnt, besides obvious people around the world. To say that I don't expect you to have a life is a completely void statement, and shouldn't even be thought. If you have any idea why i'm trying so hard to get you people to get into smash in a bit, is because theres actually a chance now, where there wasnt before. We actually have a chance to go out and do better ****, and have a great time traveling to these tournaments, especially MLGs. Murn, you mention that its about fun, its a game. Do you think I don't think that? Do you think when I try so hard to get people to go to SMYM, or FOB, or anything like that, that I expect to win? Of course not, and I don't see why its so frustrating to everyone when I want to get you to come to a tourney. I never say you specifically have to come, theres plenty of smashers here in this state, for us to form a carfull. Over a year ago I came up to your house, Murn, to just come up and have a good time enjoying this game that I finally had found other people were playing. Sure it might not have went so well for me, but even with having a life, I still thought it was alot of fun to play, and to better myself at it. The more things I did, the better I got at this game, the better I felt, the more fun I had. And I know thats how everyone here feels, the better you become, the more fun you have, thats why everyone wants to get better. Sure I've been a little round to people lately, especially Mo, but thats because any other approach you take to the dude, goes unnoticed. The only last approach was to call him out. If it doesnt work, then i'm sorry I must of hurt all of your feelings, making you think I want you to ditch your entire life to play a video game.

So you think i'm more problem than solution, do you not even realize half of the **** that I have done for you guys? Maybe because i'm a modest enough person to not take credit for most of the **** I do, but do you think I've just sat around and done nothing in the past year? Who was the one that planned all the recent trips? Who's the one thats even trying to keep an active tournament scene to you people. You want to call me out as a problem, because you're not going to get to do **** yourself? You're not going to get to take credit for the one that does something? Grow up. All I have tried to do for you guys in Omaha is help, I'm 100 miles away from you right now, but half of you could consider me a close personal friend. All of you here met me because of a video game, but it wouldnt even look like it from any other glance. When I first introduced Devon to my mom, she thought he was a buddy of mine from high school or something, not someone you just sit around and play a video game with, someone that doesnt even live in the same town as me. All of you here in this forum have all formed close relationships with atleast someone, and could be one of the biggest factors that is keeping you into the smash scene. What does that have to do with anything? Alot. Everyone had been in a close tie between eachother, and no one was a rival to one another. People just got together to play this game that we all loved. Then people started backing out, mainly because of the same issue: Money. Financial problems are the most common reason anyones going to try to lay low on the smash scene, and its the biggest factor in us not going to any out of state tournaments. For some reason it all grew into personal conflicts between eachother, and who are you going to blame that on. Well... I guess from the looks of it, you're going to blame that on me. Well, lets see what I've had to do with it all...

Ok so let's go way back. I mean the legend of King Murn, where he ruled all that was Smash. You also had who, Shem, Shea, Tank, Mike, Mo, Devon, David, Yosh, Aaron, some of those people you're still seeing today, although some of them left early enough to where I've never even met them. Murn beat you all. Don't even try to deny that for a second, i've heard every story that any of you have ever had. Murn owned you guys. What happened? People got better. People wanted to beat Murn, and they wanted to go somewhere with Smash, because they were having alot of fun. They probably had more of a desire for it than Murn did, sure... but thats besides the point, the point is that they did it. Murn eventually dropped out of the scene, pretty much where I was coming in, which is a shame because it really was great when everyone got together in murns house to just play some games, where now its a hassle to even get 4 people together. So who rose to the top... Mo? Mike? Devon? Rumor had it that it would have been Mo, though from the looks of it, he was in a close run with Mike. So what did they want to do then. They wanted to go to bigger tournaments, they wanted to travel, they wanted to see SMYMs, they wanted to see FCs, they wanted to do it all. You didn't stop them then, did you. You all wanted to do it. Sure it was more of a mutual feeling, that everyone wanted to go. But everyone that had been playing at the time, was going to do it, its what they wanted to do. So whats the difference now, is it the fact that some of you arent active in it any more, and you don't want people to do **** without you? Is it really jealousy thats causing all this? It'd be a pretty sad thing if it was... The fact is, with you or without you, people here still want to be in the smash scene, and you're not going to tell those people, not to do what they love. No one would have told you that 2 years ago.

But back to where I was in Paragraph 2. The fact that you want to blame me for every trouble that is occuring in the smash scene today. And why... because I try? I'm sorry that you dont want to drive 5 minutes to someones house to play smash, while I have to drive 2 hours. No that cant be it, thats not my fault, you can't blame me for that. Is it because I like to see others improve? Well that could be it, because some of you *******es from Omaha are the most self-centered people that I've ever met in my life. I've never seen anyone ****game somebody like Mike has. He doesnt give a **** if you are killing yourself to do something for him, he will just think about himself. Thats taking it a little personal I suppose, so lets take it smash related, since thats what this site is all about. He's 2 minutes from his house, and he's about to go to a smash fest. He wont even drive the 2 minutes to get to his house to go pick up his controller that he forgot, probably because he is too busy picking off all the ****in lint off of his T-shirt, to make himself look good, infront of guys! Nevermind I take that back - I mean, he's obviously thinking of you, becuase he wants to look perfect in front of you. And theres been plenty of times where I, and others, have been left outside of Mo's house waiting for him, because he wanted to just go play some poker. But again, getting personal... wow i'm pretty bad at this. Ok so lets take it smash related. Again i'll use Mike and Mo as examples, not because I hate them, but because they happen to be on the top of my mind at the moment. Mike and Mo, never want to see you improve. They always want to beat you. Makes sense, right? Why would they want you to beat them? Shouldn't they want to be better than you? Sure... but they've never tried to help someone else get better, to see them improve, and improve as a crew to represent Nebraska together - or have they? You tell me, because I don't know. Personally, Mike or Mo has never tried to help me, smashwise anyway. They've never tried to help me out outside the fact that they've even played against me to consider it practice. So if they have helped you before, keep that in mind - because thats trying to see others improve around you, thats trying to see a crew work together to get something accomplished. Do you hate on them for that? No. So why are you hating on me? Its exactly what I'm trying to do, is get something together, to have fun but also to improve with eachother, and not be so individualized as a crew.

If you want to do it or not, then don't. If you see me as a problem, then no longer consider me part of your crew, if 5 Guys and a Yosh even still exists. I guess i'll just be a free agent, and why not, I'm not in Omaha anyway. I'll do my own ****. After all, it's always been my idea whenever I go to a tournament, and I've already been planning and had in mind, the idea to attend every event of next seasons circuit. I've also been planning to attend some MLGs. So if you're just going to accuse me of being a problem, then I wont bother you any more. Not like any of you are giving me **** in return anyway. Every time I've tried to help, or get something organized, I've either been ignored or outspoken. I'm sorry if no one else here wants to do **** with their smash game, but I'm gonna go somewhere. **** some of you wouldnt even give me the credibility for winning the past tournaments that we've had. You think its just a fluke, in fact you'd probably just say you let me win. Well, its not. Maybe if you're going to hate me becuase I beat you that one time, I apoligize. I'm not sayin i'm the greatest, but I have the desire to be it, and maybe thats whats seperating me from the rest of you. I'm going to attend the next midwest circuit, and do nothing but try to better myself, and achieve a goal that I've been after for a while, and while some of you may be happy with just being a top player from Nebraska, thats not enough for me. Outside of smash I think you're all great and wonderful people, and I would wish that none of you would think otherwise about me. I love everyone that i've met from this game, and you know I consider you some of my closest friends, all of you. But if i'm just a problem causing the conflict for you between life and smash, then I'm leaving it. I'll start another crew, of people that are in persuit of the same goal that I am, and I'll leave the rest of you alone. And if I'm by myself in this, then I guess I'll have to do things solo. I never meant to interfere with your life, other than being one of your friends. Everyone here had been so close to me, and it could of been the reason why you saw me coming up to Omaha so much, but I guess that wasnt the case, I was being a bother. My only wish is that you would have said something sooner. I'm sorry that I ever tried. Much <3, Peace.

Mike

Echo

Smash Champion
by the way therers probably a ****load of errors in that ****, so try to use what high school level english has taught you, to mentally fix my mystakes, and try to get my point as if I was good at typing. Back to Zelda, than sleep.

SM3EsH

Smash Ace
ok. so this is where we're gonna or quite frankly have to draw a line.
the last few pages of this thread have been outrageous. i understand completely where the both of you or any of you are coming from and for a second don't think that i don't because i've been around you all enough to know more than i should, however in some cases though maybe i don't...

however the last thing i want to see is this whole scene to go to pieces. wish i had something really riveting to say but i don't. im very sure all of this is self explanetory.

honostly, i had never thought of seeing myself where i am in this game. i had always thought back then that this game was the funnest evAr, kreep'n murns place after ffc tournies, getting krunk. all this game was to me was just fun. now i find myself in knee deep. i have spent over several hundreds of $ on this game. of course maybe to some of you or maybe others on these boards might not think nothing of that but most of that is money i should have never had. all i saw with them tournaments back then was to have fun and just chill, but now i see myself with a different goal.

there have been a lot of new people that have krept NE smash in the last few months, and the last thing that i wanna see is for them to be disappointed in how much this state sucks. people such as heed, or legion, or prof. as well as any of you folks from lincoln, or even uli and his folks, just wanna get better, and im sure some of them might think big of us cause we've been around the block n' such, and whats going on now is disgusting.

if there is anyONE thing we should be talking about in this thread, it should be about how we're gonna get the next string of omaha weeklies started, being that the title of this thread and the PURPOSE as it so sempt to be, or at least started out as was "Omaha Weekly Smashfests!".
so for those of you interested, speak up and we'll see what we can do to get anything started wether its, once a week, twice a week, once every two weeks even, its a start. better than what we have going now that is...

Big Burn

Smash Lord
Dude i dont think I am borderline alcholic. I usually drink once a week, and for a college student that really isn't that much. I think you took it a little extreme. I appreciate what you have done and are trying to do for the NE smash scene. That stuff doesn't go unoticed, at least by me. I'm saying that the constant nagging towards Mo isn't going to help anything. I think that we need to just leave that issue be. I wouldn't want to see you try to go solo or join another crew or whatever, that is a little drastic and dramatic dude. As far as FOB is concerned, I more than likely can't go because of work, but im not 100% sure yet.... we shall c..... and as far as weeklys are concerened, i think maybe wednesday would be the best day for me, but we all have different schedules so i guess we would need to talk about that.... Now my house at 4905 was the first house that hosted weeklies, but there was a reason it stopped. I think it is to much to ask of any one person to hold weeklies at their house every single week.... if we were to do this correctly we should mix up the places that weeklies are held at so that more people are shouldering the responsibility of hosting these weeklies....
btw mike i think that was the longest post in the boards history.... i think it was the equivalant of like 6 pages double spaced..... that should be a guinness world record or something

cue

Smash Journeyman
you guys are gay :)

yo im back, got kinda beat up in CO cant be havin that need to get better make me better

Echo

Smash Champion
I will teach David everything I know... but only if he promises to play only Doctor Mario. nunna that Falco **** but then again i'm not a member of 5GAaY anymore, so there is the open spot, i think murn/smeesh get together oftenly so you could probably kreep in with them.

My Wii crap:

Demon1
2220 9422 3204 3402

I can't add anyone to mine yet becuase I don't have wi-fi :'( and you can put your Wii Code into your profile now, so you should do it you havent already :p

MaJiK

Smash Ace
where's the love ?.?

RIGHT HERE BABY!!!!!!!!
lets not fight over anything other than my love again got it!?

man im good :pimp:

Dragon7507

Smash Ace
Mike, I talked with Jerilyn, and as long as you guys keep it clean when your over, and at least quiet enough so that the neighbors don't complain, we can hold some weekly's over here. She also is starting to get going with letting me go to some OOS tournies here, and now that Dark has a bus, I would love to start attending some more. Unlike Mike, I don't dream of repping NE, because I have been surpassed pretty far in smash, but I would like to at least try and get back up there with you guys. Anyway, if we had smashfests here, they could basically run from 5pm-10 or 10:30 mon through thurs, or Friday, they wouldnt have to end at 10. So yeah, just let me know what you guys think.

Dragon

Echo

Smash Champion
well, David and Keith want to get into some smash, so set something up. FoB is this weekend, so do something next friday maybe? i dunno - its up to you guys, keep me out of it I create problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom