• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
naw dude the ps3 is weak right now cause it just has one good launch title, just like the 360 did. look at restence ane cod 2, or a compare fight night on 360 then look at the ps3 shots omfg there is a big ****ing difference. So dont count it out yet. but the 360 is still tight though as well as the wii

Big Burn

Smash Lord
like ps3 isn't a super computer.... two words.... cell processor.... ps3 owns in terms of graphical power dude.... maybe there hasn't been any games to fully utilize it yet, but in time you will see a difference.... not that i would ever be able to, i don't even have a hd tv....

dmac

Smash Champion
give the ps3 some time, it'll have the prettiest games out of the two systems hands down near the end of its lifetime. apparently its incredibly hard to program for and with ports, it means its even harder to use the same code and have it work as well for ps3. the best looking titles well be system exclusives

Echo

Smash Champion
PS3 isnt worth the cost. Gameplay > Graphics any day, and thats what Wii, and even the 360 provides.

PS3 tried to rip off xbox live, but it just cant compete.

PS3 tried to rip off motion sensor, but it just cant compete.

Its done, son.

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
like ah its not gonna have great games with top tier like my nuts gameplay mike u know the truth dude, everyone else does. And what happend to Devon someone tell me

only1Z

Smash Champion
Like a high school girl going through puberty....Strange...awkward....but in the end, the ps3 will be a beautiful swan....or some mumbo jumbo.

No ps3 didn't copy xbox live, because Sony already had an online...thingy...for ps2.

And yes, they copied the Wii to a degree.

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
Sony's online service was fairly pitiful compared to XBL. XBL has structure, and people you can keep track of through it's service.

Sony's online PS2 service had no structure. It was up to the game itself to do everything, but keeping track of people on most online ps2 games was hard, with a lack of a friends list and everything.

On the plus side, at least it was completely free on 90% of all ps2 games.

I worry a bit about the PS3 though, I heard that the developers aren't happy with the kits Sony has supplied them with. They're hard to make use of, and more over, expensive.

Consoles with bad development kits don't do well. Sega Saturn anyone?

DYC

Smash Champion
like ah its not gonna have great games with top tier like my nuts gameplay mike u know the truth dude, everyone else does. And what happend to Devon someone tell me
Imagine someone packed into the space at the floorboard between two seats with one arm trapped above his head and the other trapped at his waist by my knee in his stomach, with me repeatedly hitting the nerve cluster on the underside of his arm, and then afterwards picking him up and tossing him into his seat like a limp sack of potatoes.

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
Imagine someone packed into the space at the floorboard between two seats with one arm trapped above his head and the other trapped at his waist by my knee in his stomach, with me repeatedly hitting the nerve cluster on the underside of his arm, and then afterwards picking him up and tossing him into his seat like a limp sack of potatoes.
wow urm thats ah pretty ****ed up dyc, infact that kinda scares me. but creative yes

DYC

Smash Champion
there actually was blood behind his ear from his earring. unintentional though and i apologized for that one =P

oh and i forgot when i tossed him into his seat his head hit the side of the bus with a dull thud.

He shouldn't have hit me with the tootsie roll pillow. That son of a *****.

And i repeatedly asked him if he was done at certain points. First it was the knee in the stomach, then the hammer lock, then the nerve cluster did it =P

Echo

Smash Champion
don't forget devon standing on the bus, and dark slamming on the gas so devon flies all the way and bashes his head on the emergency door in the back. gg.

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
god dammnnn did he really diserve all of that. and Rez 5 will be on 360 too I belive, but mgs 4 will only be on ps3 though.

only1Z

Smash Champion
Come on, HE HIT THE MAN WITH A TOOTSIE ROLL PILLOW!

And saying something is going to be exclusive, is like saying Thief 3 was going to be exclusive....They just waited until release to announce that a suprise was a 360 launch as well.

Dragon7507

Smash Ace
DYC, all you need to do to silence sneash is put him in a rear naked choke hold for about 10 seconds, and then, before he is about to pass out, he will usually give up. Trust me though, I know how much crap you have to do to devon before he will quit, I have about broken him in half, and he will say, just give me a sec and I will get out of this.

dmac

Smash Champion
very few things stay exclusive anymore. typically, contracts keep things "exclusive" for a set period of time. there are exceptions of course, but pure console exclusives in general are in the past

edit : this applies to third party developers

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
I know that is true, but there is no way mgs4 will be on the 360. That would be like Halo being on a sony console. just saying that sounds gay

DYC

Smash Champion
Never say Never.

MGS 1 was rereleased on the Cube.

MGS 2 was released on Xbox.

Who's to say MGS 4 won't find itself on cross platforms?

Echo

Smash Champion
I know that is true, but there is no way mgs4 will be on the 360. That would be like Halo being on a sony console. just saying that sounds gay
And no one thought Snake would be in Brawl.

Hideo Kojima, the creator of the MGS series, is good friends with Satoru Iwata, the pres of Nintendo. So if Iwata is willing to put Snake into one of his to be best selling games of all time, you never know what we could see from Kojima. Of course this doesnt necessarily apply with the things you're talking about with Sony and stuff, I'm just adding to the point already posted by others, that you cant say its impossible.

dmac

Smash Champion
well with halo you're pretty safe with being eggzbawkz exclusive since bungie is a part of microsoft games studio and is considered a 2nd party developer.

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
Uh..Metal Gear has been on a TON of platforms.

Konami is a third party developer, and Kojima's particular studio is good with spreading the love to other consoles. MGS4 may eventually make a move to 360, but with as high as production costs are these days, and as slow as the PS3 is at least initially selling, unless MG4 outperforms Gears of War, they aren't going to make enough money to make the game a massive success...At least not the success they got when they produced Metal Gear Solid 1, 2 & 3.

I see it doing extremely well, because the ps3 is a barren wasteland of good games, with a gem coming every once in awhile...essentially it's kinda like the good ol' Gamecube. Good games sell extremely well...everything else? Blah.

The main problem here is that the PS3, until it drops it's price, is going to be a very, very, very niche market. PS2 really well, cause it was affordable, so it always had a huge stable of gamers willing to buy products. PS3 won't have that, so it'll be interesting how it performs without it's usual huge player-base.

Leon's Sony-fanboy-ism is slowly being killed by logic and reason..someone hold a funeral.

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
quen own me right... I get pussie lots of it And and what does me being black have to do with anything quen, or is it you dont wanna be left out of conversations... cant have people thinkin quen owned me so I whiped that up, no harm no foul

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
God forbid I beat you in anything. Sheesh.

You are the 'Black Man' of our crew. I see it happen whenever we all team up. Like when mike just randomly starts talking about your lady-friends. Or the number of them..or random other facts.

But as far as Owning...I have my moments.

That was one of them.

Got any other Sony-fanboy-orgasms you wanna get shot down Leon?

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
Dude I just don't go around ****ing a bunch of random chicks Mo I do have morals and principals aight, but I still gotta get you that money huh lol

Echo

Smash Champion
Aaron - you holding another weekly on next friday? (the 15th)

I'd most likely be able to make it, and I know david and keith wanna get together, too. so lemme know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom