• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests!

Status
Not open for further replies.

heed157131

Smash Rookie
Hey all smashers in Omaha. I've played for years but not seriously until recently. I'm looking for anyone who'd like to smash so i can learn and see where i'm at. Anyone up to smash?
I'm nowhere near a noob even though I only have 1 post.

Big Burn

Smash Lord
yo heed... i have to study for some accounting today... but i woulnd't mind even playing today if you see this post in time... i have to work tonight at 7, so once you get this post again.... btw you should come to the tournament on saturday in columbus....
btw on another note the best movie of all time is coming out december 22nd and the last trailer has come out for it, and since it seems people put links of cool **** thats non related to smash i figured il give this a plug
http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/rockybalboa.html
this will be top tier...

heed157131

Smash Rookie
Hey man,

Yeah I'd love to play today. I'm off of work today. When can you play? And when are the tournaments (i work till freakin 4 on saturdays). Any tournaments in Omaha?

Echo

Smash Champion
that does look like a king movie, murn... but anyway

yeah heed you should try to make it to the tourney tomorrow, even though its on such short notice, bring friends! :D

So far I got Smeesh, Leon, Quen, and Aaron i'll coming tonight, and Imma give yosh a call... Magic are you kreepn this tourney?

heed157131

Smash Rookie
Hey Echo, when's the tournament? And is it at the same time every week? I work till 4pm near downtown omaha on saturdays.

Echo

Smash Champion
nope, just tomorrow, from like 1-9 or so... I'm not exactly sure when the next tourney will be, I know I'm gonna hold a bigger one down there probably around Febuary or March, so hopefully something/someone else holds one before that.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
lol Rocky is gonna be so bad.

I was randomly watching the third on one Spike last weekend...movies are THE MOST UNREALISTIC ever lol....ROcky and Mr. T are just taking full force punches from grown men in the face repeatedly and it's not having any effect lol terrible. Looks nothing like real boxing.

Echo

Smash Champion
mo, i am seriously sick of that ****.
its a ****ing hour and a half, thats not even a ****ing drive. I drive that **** every ****ing time i come up to Omaha and see you people, and if i ask for it even once, you think its too ****ing far?

honestly how can any of you put up with this dude all he does is ***** about Nebraska and Poker and his life sucks and an HOUR AND A HALF is too far for him because he is so superior to all the rest of us that we all have to come to him, he's just that good. He is the king at life, and we should all respect that i guess.

oh by the way you could go down and like ****ing Win SMYM and he will still tell you he's better than you because his marth is just the king I guess and he's the best in the midwest but ya know he wont go to any ****ing tournaments because he's scared to lose and see where he stands with the rest of us.

yeah, I realize this is a Sir Johns type of post... but wow man that **** really grinds my gears... I love ya Mo, but you really need to come back down to reality :p

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
ahh its a preety good size there a quite a few of us. but imo all the rocky movies we sucked in terms of realism. I mean these doods are taking like 100 power shots to the head and the ref is none existent. but the fights are funny though. LOL

heed157131

Smash Rookie
Yo man I'm not worried about the drive, it's just that, if i leave at 4pm, and get there at 5:30, would that be worth the drive since the tournament would already be 4.5 hours into it. I hate my job.

Echo

Smash Champion
well, you'd get to meet everyone, and play some games, you still might be able to make singles and/or crews...

i'd still suggest coming, the thread is here in the midwest forum... pure pwnage 2.

heed157131

Smash Rookie
K, i'm not sure. I do really want to come, I just feel like i'll miss it all! Plus, i'd likely come alone. Could I still find a way to get into the crew games?

Are there any videos of top players from NE tournaments?

Echo

Smash Champion
lol none of people actually playing very well.... Theres vids of Me, Smeesh, and Mike Falco on YouTube... but we all kill ourselves in them :D we really outta get some of us not doing that...

heed157131

Smash Rookie
Yes, I need competition like this. I play falco mostly. Jesus I need more competition! The video pushed me closer to coming.

heed157131

Smash Rookie
I think (hoping) I can sorta hang with you guys from that vid of you (samus) and mikefalco in Fountain of Dreams. So i can't get any promises as to if i can get into that singles tourney?

Dragon7507

Smash Ace
Mike I may be creeping out their tomorrow morn dood. Tonight, I will be out from anywhere to 10 till 1:00 am in GI, so we'll see how I am feeling after that. I'll call ya and let ya know. Otherwise, I will head out of GI at like 7 am, after I get some pancakes made by mom :)

Dragon

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
ahh its a preety good size there a quite a few of us. but imo all the rocky movies we sucked in terms of realism. I mean these doods are taking like 100 power shots to the head and the ref is none existent. but the fights are funny though. LOL
lol exactly just repeated punches from a grown man to the dome, and when someone gets knocked down 2 times in one round and they go to 8 counts any ref in the nation is calling the fight. Leon knows what's up.

I'm not even gonna dignify Mike's ***** *** post with a real response. Good luck with life man, it was fun being your friend for awhile and **** but talking **** and calling out someone in public ain't my idea of a good friend.

Dragon7507

Smash Ace
I got my Wii, only had to wait an hour and 45 minutes at best buy. And holy crap its cold out their. I also wanna post on here that I took out 9 stock in crew battles :)

Dragon

Echo

Smash Champion
Aaron you had to wait outside? lol i still got to sit inside wal-mart :p

but yeah wii sports is too ****ing good, and zelda... and red steel. god **** ***** its the wii :O

lol @ me getting bad repped for my post towards Mo... I guess some people think i'm bout to go kill a ***** or some ****... /sigh oh well, gotta own smursh in some more Wii sports :D

Big Burn

Smash Lord
me and my friend dj waited in the line for the wii at bestbuy for 9 hours in the feezing cold last night.... but it was totally worth it...

Dragon7507

Smash Ace
lol, I was there for a little more than an hour and a half. But, I guess I did wait about a half an hour last night out side a game stop, hoping that they had more than preorders, and when they didn't, I bought their only copy of red steel, and one of their 4 copys of zelda. Then today, when I got the Wii, I also picked up the DBZ game. Murn, what did you get picked up, since you were probably first in line. Also, tell smeash, I am gonna have to take him on in Wii bowling when I can get another controller.

Big Burn

Smash Lord
actually i wasn't first in line... about 20 people were ahead of me.... there were in fact only 63 of them, so a lot of people that came there in the morning had to leave dejected... i saw that red steel got bad reviews(5.5)...does anyone know from first hand experience if it still any fun? i did not buy it due to this fact.... i bought zelda and that was it.... i bought a another wiimote but i could not find another nunchunk attachment and i also couldn't find one classic controller in this **** town... o well the wii is ****ing sweet as all hell...

Echo

Smash Champion
yeah I have red steel, and Its very fun, you should get it. Leon likes it, too.

Looks like colorado is a nah now for people interested. Leon still wants to go, but thats about it. I think i'm just gonna say nah to smash completely the way people are hatin eachother. It's just not as much fun, I'd like to get into somethin else, maybe Leon and I can tear that up. I suck at smash anyway, so we'll see. I probably wont go, so I don't know how you guys would get there... i dont wanna have to let leon down though :(

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
Red steel seems like good fun; but the game suffers from bad dialogue. Yakuza usually don't make it a habit of screaming "Die, you *******." In a voice that suggest they are angry at a puppy for taking one in thier bed.

Meh.

I'm not in the best of moods to talk about smash, but ****, I'm tryin my best to get better at the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom