• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echo

Smash Champion
Wii Zelda could be the greatest ever, I can't seem to stop playin that game dude, its addictive.
Red Steel is aight, pretty fun but isnt near as good as zelda. I really can't seem to stop playing the Wii Sports, either... the bowling game works so flawlessly, I do like 10 times better in that than I do in actual bowling, which is awesome.

Has anyone tried monkey ball or Trauma Center? I wanted to get trauma center but i probably wont be able to afford it... so Im tryin to make sure I only get the best of games.

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
I have Trauma Center on the DS, and from the DS'es experience...

It's a fun game. It's a great game. But there's a certain amount of tenseness that comes from knowing that the people you are operating on have a life and you have to keep it in line while you cut them open, solve the problem, then put it back.

I've read a few reviews for the Wii Trauma Center, and I'd say that if you really want a Fourth game to pick up for your Wii, TC should hold you. It's a solid game.

Just watch out when you suture people, ****ing up there means the entire operation is a bust cause you just let your patient bleed to death. Oh yeah. And please be a better surgeon than Leon. In the DS one, he screwed up on an operation and instead of trying ot fix it, he took a scapel to this guy's interal organs and sliced them up.

LOL Wayy too funny.

Leg10n

Smash Apprentice
Who wants to go to the first MLG 07' event?

FOR FREE?

I guess the best players IN Nebraska are saying that NEBRASKA SUCKS at smash.....well umm never mind I guess

*tear*

Echo

Smash Champion
i never said Nebraska sucks AT SMASH... i just said no one in Nebraska gives a ****... and you should all see it. no one ****ing cares dude, we cant even get a decent sized tournament going anymore, and I doubt gamers will even attempt it anymore.

We have lost all of our players and the only 3 main players that will actually go OoS now are:
-Me
-Smeesh
-Leon
that cant form a crew.

everyone else is being a lil ***** and doesnt wanna do ****.

The only ones that I DONT accuse of being said "lil *****es"... are Uli and his gang, because their parents wont let them go, or else they probably would.

i'd hate to always be in this awful of a mood all the time... but honestly guys all I have tried to do in the past year is step it up for smash... c'mon... I've done everything that I possibly can for Nebraska Smash... and its like more people just want to quit. Ever since that first time I came up to Murns and then worked my way up from there... I dont understand why no one else wants to even try.

but yes legion... i'll take the trip to MLG... lol, of course :p

SM3EsH

Smash Ace
well, im sure it could be a seasonal thing, maybe having to deal with school or working, and such. however, come spring im sure certain INDIVIDUALS ;) will kreep and mess some folk up, and start rep'n nebraska smash better than we could.

although, atm, we do have to take in some consideration that folk, do work, and go to school, but like, some people's schedules can prolly get tough. now im not saying this is an excuse everyONE person can use, im sure that some people out there could and prolly do care less for smash. and they quite frankly arent our problem.

although mike, heheh you do make it sound tough for everyone to wanna relate to smash going on a rant like that, kinda makes like your downgrading everybody to a lesser person. now im not saying your wrong, some people are prolly a bit inconsiderate as to what ne smash has to offer, but ever since smashfests we had going on started disipating (**** i know i spelled that wrong) because people started going to college and getting better jobs, its been pretty tough to EVAR get anything going since then.

atm however dude, like, we're just gonna have to make due with what we have and help others along the way and like, not COMPLETELY criticize them, you know unless they pull something like, "yea i'll be there" and just completely BS us, then we can bring some form of criticism into play, but also take into consideration that some people prolly have bigger things in their life right now instead of smash, cause maybe they havent been playing as long as we have, or they might not have the determination that we have, which of course is slowing slipping away cause all people do is play fox and FALCO!

and, if there is anyONE or more people that can take the blame for this im sure we could easily place it with in the sole hands of...people OUTSIDE of nebraska cause they believe its too far for them to put towards the effort of driving, so idk, maybe its not ne thats completely lacking any kind of sense to wanna play smash cause **** oos wont take into consideration what we try to do to make better ourselves and like, just a little in return would be appreciated. (except for that one time when they raised $ for us to try and make that tourney back yonder, much <3 )

Echo

Smash Champion
i'm just sayin... I didn't do everything I could, to get where I am... for nothing. I didnt want to just be like hey I'm in Nebraska oh wow... no I want to go places n ****.

and a seasonal thing doesnt even make sense, I sat here with the nearest people to smash with being 100 miles away, doing everything I possibly could WHILE I was working 40 hour weeks, and 12 credit hours at school, and I was still making trips to Omaha to see what up every once in a while.

I'm not saying everyone has to put in a giant effort into smash... but we have people that are hiding behind **** like work/school and still saying they're the kings. We need a REAL crew... one that is going to go OoS and rep Nebraska, when this sponsering ship rolls through they arent going to want people that arent going to go anywhere, so basically we need to find 2 more people. Like I said I don't want or like to bein in a ****ty mood... but It's really gettin me down whats goin on here... are we just about to say nah to smash for good? Just not even try to go out of state anymore? Because thats what we're starting to lean to... and I'll i'm trying to do is change that. I'm sorry if some people here used to be the kings, and still think they're the best and that will never change, you need to get off your ego and come to reality. We need to form a new crew that is going to work AS a crew, and not individually, and one that is going to attend as many OoS tournies as we can, as a crew.

I sat back for so long here on the boards because I had been the newer guy or kinda the outcast since I was the only one not in Omaha... but I'm sick of sitting back and watching whats happening here. We need to do something about it, and soon. If Mike and Mo are still as good as you're backing them up for... then they should step it up and prove that. Mike has lost to me 3 tournaments in a row... so he better step it up... and Mo wont even go to anything.

I don't even see why anyone takes this **** so personally, this is all about Smash, not about people as a person...

Dragon7507

Smash Ace
I would go to more OOS tounies, but, with being married now, unless Jerilyn goes with, I wont be able to make it too far out. However, if I buy this dvd player for my car, it may just be a possibility to travel more.

Aaron

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
A yo Mike I'm feeling everything your saying, but for this to work we need to be at peace with everyone. we can't have a serious crew if we are at odds all the time. So pp2 was bad aight we know that, but we still have to do everything we can to better eachother. Mike and Mo are'nt real active but they are doing what they feel they gotta do though and we cant fault them for that. What we need to put our time into is what we do have and just grow from there and everything will work out aight.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
I understand completely where you guys are coming from, if i got to know you guys a little better and become friends with you guys, such as hanging out when u guys play smash on the weekend if you do and **** then i'd be down. i'm not gonna lie, it seems hella awkward talkin to u guys on the boards but then going to a tournament and feeling like we are complete strangers to one another. basically what i'm saying is that if you do form a crew, and your interested in getting to know me i'd be interested in that.

I can't promise anything atm bcuz my parents are going through ****ty debt problems and they both have two jobs and i can't get a job cuz i have to watch my little bro and i'm only a junior in hs, no jons i know but i can't do anything about that. I'm totally interested in going big with smash and competing with the big names and taking them down and repping NE even though i'm from iowa.

One more thing, i understand that i lead myself onto you guys as someone you couldn't trust and such and someone who said he would come depending on his friends for a ride and i never showed up, and i apoligize for that.. for real.

Big Burn

Smash Lord
well i would go to these out of state tourneys more often if had any money... i mean if that isn't a legit excuse i don't know what is... and even if i did have money, the last time i went to a out of state tourney(smym3) i ended up losing like the first two rounds, which is what caused me to quit smash for a while because it was pretty discouraging driving 8 hours and getting ur *** kicked... anyways my income should be increasing because of my new job, and i wouldn't mind going to MLG, but im sure that if there were limited spots i wouldn't get to go because my talent level isn't quite up to par yet.... i mean it seems like whenever me and devon play i can keep it competitive a lot, but if he needs to, he can turn on a switch and then kick it into gear and usually win, so its kind of frustrating(with multiple characters i might add) anyways this is a big rant and i forgot where i was going with it.... im out

SliK

Smash Journeyman
I would love to go to out of state turns i don't think i would represent NE b/c of not being good yet. Even if i did get owned in the first two rounds id be asking everyone for friendly s and maybe money matches if there too good to play me but i don't think or hope people in smash are like that.

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'd like to go, if it's of any help.

I appreciate Mike's willingness to try and get us places, but we have four people here, and a few elsewhere. What we oughta start doing is just practice off one another. I know I'm not up to snuff with the rest of you, but I'd really like to try.

Echo

Smash Champion
Quen - Every time we ask you to go somewhere, you say No.

Slik - I have asked You/Uli to come places with us in the past, the offer was denied every time.

Murn - We're all poor, thats not legit ;)

Aaron - Car with DVD Player = <3

Leon - You're on to my point... We need a crew that is going to be all about working and bettering as a crew, not individually, our current crew is all about individuality. thats why we need to fix it. I know me, you, and devon are always down for helping others whenever theres a chance, and we should grow off of that.

JBM - I've also asked you to attend other tournaments, and you know i'm also on AIM with you so don't think I hate or something... also whenever I see you at a tournament you leave to early to play games... so like... don't leave so early?

Smeesh - Hawt Butt.

Legion - I gotta talk to you about some stuff so get on AIM this week :p

MaJiK - Where you at in this?

Maybe we should have a smashfest or something this weekend... I mean, Colorado pretty much looks like a nah, too... and then I could also own Murn/Aaron or anyone in some Wii **** too, i'll bring my wiimote.

Nebraska could be known for having respectable smash, and we've got plenty to work with here... I just need a lil effort from everybody.

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
well where are you coming from Mo or what are you tryin to say or whatever And I'm coo with playin some games this weekend instead of going to Co Mike so we will have to set something up

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
Okay Mike, fine.

I spent ALL of my birthday money on going to this tourney. That's the last money I'm going to get for a LOOOONG time. Unless someone else is going to foot the bill, I flat out do not have the cash to go to anything. It's not like I won't go to anything, but that I have no money to go anywhere. And on top of all that, I seriously doubt someone like me is going to get sponsored, so unless I find a ****ing money tree, I'll go to the tournies that I can get to with a reasonable amount of cash. It's only been recently that I have even been allowed to go to these without too much hassle. But some of us are not fortunate enough to have money to go places. I haven't had a job for four years, any cash I get is strictly charity only. I go when I can, and you holding my poverty against me is ****ed up mike. Really.

****. You act like it's a crime when people have LEGITIMATE REASONS not to go to tournies. Sheesh. :ohwell:

Dragon7507

Smash Ace
Quin, nothing personal or anything like that, but why havent you had a job in four years? Are you like taking care of the family at the house or something? Just me, but I would go insane if I didn't work for a month. I just get too bored being home all the time. Plus, I need to pay the bills, so I will be working from now on till I am 65. But yeah, nothing personal, and if the answer is something too personal, feel free to forget the question, but I just was wondering.

Aaron

Echo

Smash Champion
lol like i hold a grudge for poverty...

you realize I an income of like 200 a month, am already in debt for school and tryin to pull money out of my *** for next semester, as well as have an extreme 165$ a month car insurance rate for a bad driving record? lol wow dude, dont even start on being poor, I know what its like. Honestly I couldnt even afford the Wii but it was worth ****in myself over for :p The only reason I got to even end up with a Wii was because of my prize money from both NFC2, and PP2... which wasnt even very much.

Again, you're taking it personally, i'm not gonna hate on you becuase of a video game... If you can't afford to go somewhere, you're not going to make it, in fact the only reason i'm probablly not going to colorado is because I simply can not afford it. Everyone has had to say nah to tournies because of financial issues, I was joking when I said that wasnt Legit...

Leon, yeah I'd be down for gettin together whenever... own you in some more dittos then own someone in some Wii **** :p lol Anyone have any cool multiplayer games? All I have is Red Steel... havent tried the multiplayer out on that yet. All I know, is that Wii Sports is the King, and I hit Pro Level Status in Bowling :D

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
yeah I played red steel multiplayer. omg the graphics go from not bad to a N64 game during 4 player split screan. and gets kinda laggy sometimes. But if you wanna get claped in some more dittos Mike I'm down.

Echo

Smash Champion
dude I tried to take Red Steel back to Wal-Mart and said it didnt work, but all they did was give me the same game...

but now, I have Red Steel in its packaging... so my idea is drive to Omaha this weekend, and take it to a Wal-Mart there, saying it was a gift... and since its in its packaging, shouldnt they take it? I wanna trade it for super monkey ball :(

Tacoom

Smash Lord
We have lost all of our players and the only 3 main players that will actually go OoS now are:
-Me
-Smeesh
-Leon
that cant form a crew.
Why is it that Im not up on the list. After all, Smeesh and I have the most OoS.
Know that if I can somehow aford it. Ill go.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Where I'm coming from as in...I work all the time, I don't have time to practice, and I'm not gonna spend money going to tournaments that I'm not prepared for. Mike talking **** about everything and Mexi not playing much these days only reduces the likelihood of me playing seriously.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
lol how does that not make sense?! Mexi's been my sparring partner from day one in this game, we improved and developed our games by practicing for hours. Like him or not, it's the way things have always been.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
I could see how that makes sence but there still shouldnt be any reason for you not to play with smeesh and leon. Your making the choice not to play

Big Burn

Smash Lord
Just because mexi isn't playing anymore isn't really a legit excuse to not play anymore and you know it mo... im not trying to hate or anything, but its not.... i mean whenever shea and shem stoped playing, i didn't stop playing smash, even though those were the guys that i intially stayed up nights and nights learning and getting better. i just kind of accept it if someone doesn't feel like playing anymore and i move on to play with other people... there are still plently of good smashers in nebraska that you can smursh with that will help elevate your game.... we all want to hang out and smursh with you. You definitly bring a lot to the smash table and it would be a sad thing to just lose one of nebraska's best players at this stage of the game... and it would be better if you didn't beat around the bush with this mexi excuse, and just say flat out that you don't want to play anymore

Leg10n

Smash Apprentice
Who wants to go to the first MLG 07' event?

FOR FREE?

I guess the best players IN Nebraska are saying that NEBRASKA SUCKS at smash.....well umm never mind I guess

*tear*

I apologize for posting this.

The first thing that made me think to post this, was to point out that Echo was bashing

smash in NE. The last thing I wanted was for people to start bashing other people and their

friends. Echo does point out that it sucks when people say their going to do something, and

back out, but it happens a lot with these sorts of things. I think it's great that you guys

STILL put things together and keep in touch on the boards.

It looks to me like there are a lot of responsibilities that they have to take care of before

they can smash. I'm guessing that a lot of people had more time and opportunities to play

but...when you get older you take on more responsibilites.

Things start turning into "used to".

Then I mentioned MLG, I have sponsors interested in putting forth the money, and

I have a few people that would be a sponsor.. All of these things are built on trust, and if the

business doesn't trust you with their money, and represent THEM it doesn't work. You also

have to trust THEM not to back out. I'm basically trying to find better trust.

As far as the MLG trip goes, I'm doing what I can to make it happen smoothly.

Echo

Smash Champion
Legion - its not your fault why people are tryin to get to eachother like this lol, we're doing it because we need to find out who is going to actually be a reliable crewmate when the sponsorship rolls through.

Lately Mike Falco and Mo (FaceLoran) Have been in and out of the scene, and we're just tryin to get a final word on if they're going to stick around or not.

I think the most important thing at the moment, is to find the key people that are going to be down for going to every tournament possible for them, such as MLGs and whatnot, and those are the people that we need to sponsor. That's what we're trying to get down to right now.

Btw, I still need to talk to you about that trip to MLG... so hit me up on AIM sometime soon :p

Dragon7507

Smash Ace
where did you go to all that ****?
Its called x-mas. Got mom to get me one full controller set up, then I just picked up the rest.

Also, legion, so is the sponsership thing a possibility? If it is, then let me know, because thats one of the main reasons the wife doesn't like me going to tournies is the financial part, but if that was taken care of, things could easily change with her opinion. In fact, pretty much if I can take her with to a tourney, she would probably let me go about anywhere. Just let me know some more about it though. Either pm me or put it up here on the boards.

Dragon

Edit: Also, mike, murn, and anyone else who picked up a wii, hook me up with your id's and console nicknames. My console is Dragon, and the code is 8935 2425 9421 1171

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom