• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
I'm just saying I've had some bad experiences there, the employees just don't give a **** about the customer. I'm not saying everyone has to give a **** (I know I didn't at Arby's) but I at least always helped them as quickly as I could cuz it was my job.

One time I was there and I was in the middle of talkin to some dude (after a 20 minute wait of course) about what I was there for. Well right in the middle of the conversation his homie at the store waves him over and he goes hold on. They start talkin about what they wanna order from Subway lol right in front of me while one of em writes everything down, it took a solid 5 minutes I was amazed lol...

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
I don't go to gamestop anymore either. They screwed me over twice.

Once: When I had alot of money, I went up there and purchased like 12 used games. Then about three days later, they have a huge *** sign up saying that for every 2 used games, I could get another free. I could have gotten another six games.

Twice: I had put a reservation on Devil May Cry 3 when it had came out and they were about to sell my copy to another person. I caught them in the nick of time, and although it had to take the Angry Black Man Look (TM), I got my copy. Never been to Gamestop again.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Heh how does the first one mean they screwed you? I'm sure everyone's had that happen once or twice, that is they bought something then it went on sale a bit later or whatever. It's not like they specifically decided to mess with you. The second one depends on how long you took to get your copy. I've had them sell me a reserved copy when the guy didn't pick the game up on day 1 for like NCAA I think. If they think you aren't going to get it and they have another shipment coming, they just sell the copy and give the person who reserved it one from the next shipment.

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
A: They had to have known that they were going to have a sale on used games within the two days that I bought all of my crap. They just politely shut thier mouths.

B: The guy told me they could only hold it for two hours. I was there in about an hour and a half. *******.

JamesJ

Smash Journeyman
A. Knowing of an upcoming promotion does not entitle anyone to offer that promotion before the date the company says the promotion was valid. If arby's was gonna start 5 for 5 on March 1 and someone wanted 20 roast beef ssandwiches on the 28th of febuary, then thats life, no johns.

B. You got the copy that you reserved, i don't really see how they screwed you here either...maybe your bad at telling time or something...no johns.

Echo

Smash Champion
hold it for 2 hours? what did you just call the store and ask if they can hold it for you? not ACTUALLY reserve it, like put money down and ****? if you do that then you can have it held for like a week or somethin, maybe more.

I would have to say that you complaining about missing a buy 2 get 1 free deal is not them ripping you off, thats just bad luck. you should just start waiting for deals like that, then take advantage of them.

i honestly cant believe that you think everything in life is just there to make your life worse. you have seriously never went there again? wow.............................................................

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Heh yeah whaddya want them to do? Give you the promotion a day in advance just for you? It's a business, they are trying to turn a profit. Why would they stop you from buying their product at a higher price than they will be offering in the near future and cost themselves profit?

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Hey, Will gamestop sponser us.... It doesnt look real
My boss told me before the tourney that hes lookin to make it big and sponser some foolz

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Once I sign some papers and get that all done. Ill make a thread about it. That should be with in a week.
I do know the date though

MaJiK

Smash Ace
the only thing gamestop did to me was not have a good Cube controller in stock
i did get a copy of gaunlet legends from them within the last year

Echo

Smash Champion
ok, so sometime we are having a Smash/Halo 2 tournament here in Columbus.

I guess a kid that i worked with at GameStop today said he was hookin up a halo2 tourney at the YMCA or some ****, and i talked to him and the people sponsering it and **** and got a Smash tourney involved.

sure its Columbus, so you would all have to drive a bit further than your Omaha tournies, but I think it'd be really cool if you all tried to make it. It probably wont be for a while yet, but i'm just informing people ahead of time. I'm gonna try to get some flyers in Omaha, as well as Columbus, and i'm tellin alot of people about it. So far its lookin pretty real.

Uli

Smash Champion
mike i bet i could get some good halo people to go and maybe some people from my smash crew to come, when do u plan on having this and etc...

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
man I dont know I guess all off them were at the same store and all in the same fucing line too. one of them just happend to be talking about me in serious detail then they all heard it and actually started fighting in the **** store, like 4 or 5 of them. so i got some phone calls later that night. so i got to start all over with the applications and what not. cause there are many others that want my employ.

Echo

Smash Champion
omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg

takin drivin test in an hour >_>

also, i'm going to take a shower, i like to make myself clean. UNLIKE SOME PEOPLE IN THIS FORUM *COUGH COUGH* excuse me.

and KH2 owns dude, were you implying something there o_o

Echo

Smash Champion

i got my license back today

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

omfg i own.

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
good **** mike. now when you come to live in the O I'll show you all the ropes and how to make it and ****. you'll be fucing all kinda chicks in no time :chuckle:

Echo

Smash Champion
nunununununununununun spider-man!
nunununununununununun spider-man!!
spider-man!!

spider-mannnnnnnnnn

**** i'm bored. and this thread REALLY died. Lets talk about smash >_>

oh and btw. ****ing DBR combo vid is done. downloading it now :D

MaJiK

Smash Ace
its only called Omaha Weekly Smashfest to throw off the supervisors
i got a newb that may come to this weeks smash and i plan on making a return...
his name is Da Claw or sumthing

should i shange my sig?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom