• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
I cant untill I sigh the contrack and figure all the prizes. i have a meeting about it sometime next week.

Leon, do what you can, we have until wed. and if you can get money from everyone else then do so.

Smeesh
Dragon
Mo
Those are the 3 I need it from, but I can get it from Dragon, NP : P

Echo, you sure you have to back down now?

Echo

Smash Champion
Is there any way you can make the Omaha tourney the same weekend as Shamefull Fall? Or somewhere close... because I fear I wouldnt be able to go to both since if they're a week apart. If you could make it the same weekend, I could just stay in Omaha for the weekend and we can do both... or is the date already stuck in one spot.

:(

Echo

Smash Champion
wow, thats tough. guess I only get to go to the one in Iowa then.

that jesse kid told me late may, but whatever.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Yeah I need the money sorry. People need to start payin me what they owe me. I'm lookin at you Leon :-P Naw actually I have only seen you like once since then but this one kid owes me 55 right now and I'm gettin pissed.

Echo

Smash Champion
WTF Sir Johns all your posts have nothing to do with smash why dont you just gtfo.

who is gonna come to tourney in iowa - i need to know if imma have to rent a car or if someones gonna drive.

only1Z

Smash Champion
me and andy (n64) have been playin on a private server for about, 2 1/2 years. I found a torrent that seems "ok" for now, on that rbo.
The server's been down for a while...but recently brought back up. ^^

*Dyc's a HUGE Ro guy too.

Echo

Smash Champion
yeah well, the advantage of working at GameStop for the moment - I get to borrow games for free, for 4 days, then give them back.

For example, I just got to borrow Full Auto today for 360, and that game is ****in tight. Then i take it back in 4 days, get a different game. Its the poor gamers' way. Smeesh you still comin over this week? You gotta play some games ***** @_@

Echo

Smash Champion
1. because gamestop pays minimum wage, which is 5.15/hour. and that isnt enough to live off of lol. and they normally only hire part time.

2. because i've asked, and all the omaha stores are full. :(

but i gotta admit, until i move, this job owns. not having to pay any money to have whatever ****ing games i want. @_@

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
I'm a pretty huge RO fan; If you like RBO alot, I can show you a place to download it, just PM me. I've been playing the game for about a day, and It's actually pretty cool, and fast paced. The only not cool thing about it is that it's not in english. But the game is fairly minimal in terms of text (There are a few english words, enough for you to get by anyway.). Another neat thing is that it's not one player. It's limited to one system, but you can play RBO with 2 other people besides yourself, just get a game pad or two and your keyboard, there you are. PRetty nifty.

You both play on a private server? Which one? I've been playing on a private server for about 7 months myself.

only1Z

Smash Champion
We play on one called kenro, pretty tight/small community. Uh, is the rbo you got a direct download? or torrent? eithe rway, i'll pm you about it.

DYC

Smash Champion
I don't know if i could take playing RO again lol. I miss my instacast SQ High Wizard, my instacast Magnus Exorcismus Priest w/ mistress card , and my double dopple phree falcon gatling sniper.

Man. i spent too much time of that game lol.

only1Z

Smash Champion
We got a 2 week beta going on before server is "officially" up. Pm me if you're interested.....avg of 12 people on at a time =P

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
wow just 12 peeps on at a time. thats pretty small. me and quen play on shadow Ro its a pretty good size bout 70-80 on at time

Echo

Smash Champion
i agree. gamestop IS evil... but... me getting free games is too good ^-^

god **** all this talk makes me want to get into this RO ****. i'm sure it'd be more interesting than still playing diablo 2 >_>

Tacoom

Smash Lord
At Gamers I get to rent free games but I can keep them until Its needed. which can be a long *** time. I also am making 6.03 an hour.
Gamers > Gamestop : P

Echo

Smash Champion
actually, i'm sure GameStop is much more preferred by a majority.

The fact that you are able to trade in games to get yourself new games, is too good. And at the new stores, you can even get rid of all your used DVDs.

Also, they have alot better warranties on their merchandise, so you never have to worry when buying used games. They also have a buy 2 get 1 free deal on anything used in the store that runs about 80% of the year. They even let you bring a game back in the first 7 days of purchase, that if you just plain dont like the game, you get to return it, even if it works and everything.

plus, with their game informer card, not only getting you a 12 month subscription to gameinformer magazine, it gives you an extra 10% discount off of those used items you purchase, as well as giving you an extra 10% bonus to any trade-ins you bring.

In addition, you can reserve any game that you are planning to buy, free of charge. Games like Zelda, ramake of FF7, **** like that, you can make sure that you are gaurenteed a copy, without paying any extra.

Gamestop also gets good games. Gamers used to when they first started up, but now they dont get ****. I have went in so many times in the past few years looking for super nintendo games, and they dont have them. They only have the **** ones taht no one wants. Same for NES. Now i just buy on Ebay.

So, maybe you are blinded by the fact you get to borrow **** *** games that not even you truely want to play, but GameStop actually is a much better store then Gamers.

But on the note of what I actually wanted to post... Omaha Steaks called me back today, so I think I got my job hooked up. MAYBE anyway o_O. So like, smeesh, get a ****ing job dude >_>

oh, and leon, you get xbox live yet bro?

Echo

Smash Champion
but wouldnt you much rather be sponsered by gamestop....

think about it.

that doesnt change that fact that gamestop > gamers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom