• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
In that case Aaron, You should go find Echo after work. Im sure he could use some real matches.
If you guys cant figure out Aarons apt just come to my house and we'll head over there. However its not that hard, Its within 3 blocks.
Anyone want to play games fri or sat? Just give me a call :)
Your over due for your as*whoppings

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
sooo operation melee II on like donkey kong june 3rd..???...???...???

Echo

Smash Champion
supposably. sad when theres a tourney in a month and no one knows when it is.

mo, if you're not creepin anythin important sometime, i could probably get to omaha for some games... just let me know

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
Now just cause I luv you guys so much I gathered some clips for you all. Pretty good **** so watch them or DIE

one of the greatest freestyle rap battle ever featuring my dude Raindrop and some other random guy.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/rapbattles.html

Aight I'm serious bout this one. This guy has to be one of the best B-boys(break dancers) on the planet

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/awesomebreakdancer.html

Now this is to good right here my ***** afro ninja

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/afroninja.html

Ohh and this is what I get bout every night cause I'm a muthafucin pimp

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/dance.html

Mike this one is for you since you think your so good in Tetris

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/tetrismaster.html

Aight last one boys and girs. now watch this fucin stupid cop

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/deaclass.html

Echo

Smash Champion
what the **** leon.... you could be the worst.

but that 2nd kid reminded me of metroid prism from wichita. LOL

btw if i come up to omaha saturday night, who wants to play some games... it'd be like, midnight, or somethin, unless i decide to make it sunday.

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
I got these guns I want to talk to you guys about, and I don't have alot of time. Now I got these guns *shoots himself* I...I mad a mistake

Dragon7507

Smash Ace
Hey Devon or Smeesh (whatever you want to be called). It's Jerilyn. I'm posting on here b/c this is the only way I can get a hold of you. I need your address. If you could just post it or e-mail me it at jhadenfeldt@hotmail.com as soon as possible, I would appreciate it a lot! The invitations need to be done by Wednesday so if I don't have your addy, I can't invite you to the wedding! So anywho, give me you addy as soon as you can! Thanks a bunch! Have a good day! :)

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
what up maynez this is a PC Mike... uuuh so like imma ownin batmizzle and sir johnz over here right now.

mo i'll kreep to your place later.

YAYUHHHHHZZZ

MaJiK

Smash Ace
...ummm ya srry bout lookin like a total *** ya know, me not beingthere in like 4-5 weeks other **** has come up too many times and i just wanna say i will make it my duty too be there this week
ps think the noob chickened out

Echo

Smash Champion
FaceLoran said:
Now reported missing, last seen in the area of Champaign, Illinois....

Mike's mojo.
:( Yeah so I had an off couple days... I brought my A game on Saturday Night at your place Mo, but then went to **** the rest of my stay lol. Was still alot of fun though, and I'll make sure to bring my game again next time.

and have you guys seen all the crap they have up for Revolution Smash? (no i'm not going to call it the Wii). I already call Kid Icarus as my main. They rumored that one for a while but I didnt think that they would. So thats tight. He'll probably suck, too >_>

but i guess theres other tight **** too, like Wario, Metaknight from Kirby, Samus without a Suit as a playable Chr..... but the most stupid.... is ****ing Solid Snake. Dont know how or why he was put in... but whatever. And it can be played with Gamecube controllers. :D

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
dude what the fuc was that. what the hell is snake going to be in this game for. what kinda world are we living in where a mass killer gets to be in a fun party game. Ohh and that **** that mario, link, and samus were doing looked like supers to me. I have a really bad feeling about this one guys

Echo

Smash Champion
wtf. am i the only one that sees how tight this game is gonna be?

**** you guys can all just play SSBM then, but this **** is gonna be too good.

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
AGREED.

SUPER SMASH BROTHERS: BRAWL WILL END ALL LIFE ON THE PLANET EARTH.

That is all.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Yeah this could be crust. Supers in Smash = weak sauce. You guys are letting yourself get WAY too excited about a game that's not even out, we have no idea how good or bad it could be, keep that in mind.

Echo

Smash Champion
was no one excited when SSBM was coming out? Werent you pumped to play this game that was just 100x better than the game you already loved to just chill and play with your friends in?

i mean, c'mon... its a ****ing game. you play it to have FUN. and the **** that they are putting in is FUN. sure you're playing competetively, and you want to win, but dont you want to have fun at the same time? I honestly could not see how you could game it with a couple friends if you dont ever want to just have a good time.

Leon - I know you've played games like Marvel vs. Capcom, 1 and 2. Arent they fun? And i'm sure any of you have played power stone. Cant you have fun? Smash can be FUN, and I really wish it could be more often. After playing like 86 hours worth of smash in the past 4 days, everyone, even myself, was starting to get really pissed at the game. Isnt it stupid that everyones gettin so pissed.... we should be able to just chill n have fun, dude. and thats what gamin its all about.

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
Well you know what Mo?

Remember how pissed off everyone was when they saw Windwaker? They thought Nintendo had lost thier **** minds. But Lo and behold, that game was awesome.

Remember GFA3? At that point, before it came out, I thought the game would suck in 3D and that Rockstar was a terrible game company. And they are now insanely huge.

I am confident that Nintendo is not going to make the Number One Best selling game on the Gamecube, (and I think 64 Smash was like, 5th on the top selling list), suck.

And for further proof, there is now an official SSB:B website (www.smashbros.com) and the Director of this game and 64 Smash, Masahiro Sakurai left a small bit about how this game came to be. I'm going to quote it directly.
So, I decided to become director. And as of May, 2005, I was the only member of the new Smash Bros. development team.

As an independent designer, my decision to participate and Smash Bros. development caused me a great deal of damage.

If I were to work as director, that would mean I would have to be involved in that project exclusively. What's more, it would require all of my strength to create a Smash Bros. caliber of game. It was not the type of "just providing a little input" type of work that I was trying to do going forward.

The result was that with the exception of one project that was already underway, I had to decline the other offers of work that I had received.

Including those individuals whom I had asked to wait until after E3. So I am filled with apologies for those people who had sent work my way.
If I could ask for one thing it would be that they not abandon me.

So what of the magnanimous development staff?
It turned out that Nintendo would build a new team around me in Tokyo.

In other words, we would create a new studio.

There was also a proposal to develop the game in Kyoto at Nintendo headquarters, but the there you'd draw a different people, and I had need to be in Tokyo anyway.

Additionally, there are several people in Tokyo with experience developing Smash Bros., and it was decided that they would join the team. And the name of talented staff members were offered up.

So, development would not be occurring at Hal Labs. But, the code and development environment of Super Smash Bros. Melee, which I had developed in the past, was offered. Having this versus not having this means the efficiency of the development changes dramatically, so I'm thankful.

But we still didn't have enough people. To create a game like Super Smash Bros. Melee, I would want a team with a minimum of 50 people. Getting together that many people would be a back-breaking task.

So it was that Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto introduced me to a "particular team" that had just completed a large-scale game.

Until the day comes when I can announce the team's name, I shall simply refer to them as "The Studio."

"Let's do it. Let's definitely do it!"
The words of The Studio's executive were very simple.

I was surprised when I saw the GameCube controllers they were using. The coating on the analog stick was worn down like an old eraser...
"Our guys have played Smash Bros. more than 10,000 times!"

It had to be a lie.
But when I saw their battle records, it showed a terrible number of matches that were not fabricated.

This was the result of years of uninterrupted playing of Smash Bros. during lunch breaks. There are often cases where your team doesn't understand the content of the game you're making, but that wouldn't be a concern this time.

It was promising.
This had to have been fate.
So, with the members of The Studio as our core, we dramatically increased our staff members.

So in October of 2005, Nintendo's newest office opened. And it was established solely so that we could create the new Smash Bros.

"We're really doing this..." I thought.
When they go this far for a single title, the only thing you can say is "that's Nintendo."

With The Studio at its nucleus, this office will probably continue to gather and add people. One doesn't get many opportunities to be placed in such a situation.

Also, more than anything, this Smash Bros. will be a game that we make while paying thanks to all the people who made so many different games and to all the fans who have supported them.
And we must pay respect to the original games while doing so.
Satisfied now?

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
lol like any of that means anything. That's funny that you called it "proof" when the only way anyone is going to have proof if the game is good is when they play it. Amused me, honestly. And like I already said, competition is what makes games fun for me.

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
I swear Mo, nothing on this planet ever counts towards you being impressed.

For ****'s sake dude.

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
I with mo on that one I love compition, thats the fun part of games. if they somehow take the competite element out of it then i dont know. but we just have to wait and see what the game will be like

Echo

Smash Champion
how the **** are they taking out the competition? You guys are complaining about something that isnt even happening.

you think you're all that. butchur not. LOL

anyway. uuuuh. its stupid that such a discussion is going on, but really, you can play any game competetively, how would they be getting rid of it. its already known that the developing team of the game are huge fans of the game that liked to be competetive with eachother, and used things such as WDing, SHFFLing, and probably ****gamed eachother just as much as anyone else. Why would they take away that **** if they love the game. God ****.

and i think snake will be a tight chr for the game... i'll start *****ing about chrs in there if they put in sonic the ****ing gay *** ******** ****ing hedgehog.

when you play other games, dont you play to win? how is adding a couple of things making you not want to play to win anymore. like, super moves? ****, you people (i know mike especially) love to play power stone, and you can do super **** in that! Leon, we both love Marvel vs. Capcom to, and look at the combos in that game. Its fun. Just because you 2 like to play rigged *** ****ing chrs like Marth and only try to win by being rigged at a game. you need to calm the **** down and just play the game when it comes out.

Supers could be a solving problem to make the game be more balanced. There wont be such tier problems as there were in this one. And even if you play without the supers, this game could be ALOT more balanced, making MUCH more variety in the competetive scene. I'd really like to see that. Maybe you could actually see mewtwos and **** get somewhere in tournies because the chrs will be more balanced. that'd be nice. and this game isnt coming out for like 11 months anyway, atLEAST, probably more than that. so lets talk about something more, well, closer?

now on a side note. these pringles i'm eating have jokes on them. like, wtf. jokes on pringles. hmm.

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
...Sonic..Gay?

Mmmm. No. He'd completely beat the crap out of Mario and everyone from there for starters...

Tacoom

Smash Lord
I think the supers are an Item, we play without Items, I dont see supers as a problem.
Also, It said that they wanted to leave the old 26 chars alone and not to change them. So Mo, you might be able to sh*tgame everyone still.
It seems that Pit will have great combo ablititys... from what Ive seen, its like Jiggy and link with a little added Marth. That should be kool.
However, Ill probly stick with yosh like I always do
No matter, Brawl will pwn life as we know it.... so deal it ( :
Im getting it as soon it comes out. Echo, me and you will break it in to our systems.

TheRedMarth

Smash Apprentice
I put that god**** trailer on my iPod now I can't sotp watching the ****ing thing! I, like sir roy, read that entire blog, of sorts, by the games director and he seems genuinely sensitive to the concerns of his fan-base and doesn't want to ruin any part of what made the game popular.

If you think he's not thinking about the competitive aspects of the game in this new incarnation, I would submit that maybe...maybe, you're completely out of your ****ing mind. No disrespect intended, but Jesus this guy was responsible for the last two Smash games we're all insane about. What, other than paranoia, would make you think he'd **** all over it now?

After reading the guys blog, you pretty much get the impression that he feels an obligation to his fans and too this game, and that's why he decided to do it even though he's free-lance and was not looking for such and involving project.

As for the "Super's" aspect, and the new characters, I think by-and-large that reflects just how much he's been listening to the fan's as I've read dozens of requests for Super-type attacks and not to mention how many people asked for Pit and Metaknight. They became so requested it eventually just was assumed they will be in there.

Granted, that could all be pure coincidence, but in all honesty what are the odds?

That diatribe aside, I actually hope they leave the supers in game and they aren't item related. I don't think it'll ruin the competitive aspects of the game to have them. Supers never ruined Street Fighter Alpha or III. Didn't ruin Marvel vs. Capcom. Nor Soul Calibur, nor any other fighting game that I can think of. Granted smash is a unique fighter, but still.

It depends on how it's handled. Perhaps it's possible to shield through Mario's mega-fireball, making skill a nessecity to get the hit on it. Perhaps you can dodge Link's rush before his Omni-slash type attack. Plus, I saw nothing to suggest that these Super's are kill-shots. They both just looked like they dealt damage and, while we didn't see the end of link's, looked to have practically no Smash factor.

I think it'll add alot of interesting elements to the game and, as always, I have faith in Nintendo. Virtual Boy aside, they've never really let me down.

Whew! Onto fun stuff. I pray to god there's a Snake clone....Raiden. I want to beat the **** outta Raiden with Snake. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom