• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echo

Smash Champion
ok arapa, since no one else really wants to help you out, i suppose i will. i'm nice like that.

besides bigger, and out of state tournies such as SMYM5 and FC6, there should be either another tourney at the family fun center or a Gamers sponsered one, hopefully pretty soon. the Gamers one was just 2 weeks ago though, so who knows. I can tell you though that there is a 99.9% chance that its going to be in omaha.

for weekends, and to just get started, you should really check out coliseum gaming. i'm not from Omaha myself, so i cant really tell you where it is, but i'm sure you could figure it out. they have tournies every saturday at noon, and with a 2 dollar entry fee. the guy running them and his friends arent very good, and so it'd be a great place to start and get better. then maybe eventually you can step it up and compete with the best of us. ;)

also, this thread IS called Omaha weekly smashfests, and those are usually taking place every sunday at tacooms place. So, you'll have to PM him, or maybe he'll just reply or somethin if he ends up reading this. Actually I dont think he has internet atm, so maybe I could getcha a number to call if you are really interested.

Other than that, theres nothin you can really do, Like MaJiK said the smashing scene is based in Omaha. Which kinda sucks, because i'm in Columbus, and I dont know if Kearney is similar, but no one else here plays, so I only get practice when i'm in Omaha >_> it sucks.

anyway, for anyone that might be interested, i was thinkin about getting something going with smeesh of maybe chillin at his place thursday night? then head to SMYM on friday. Would be nice to get alot of people together just for fun, even if you dont plan on going to SMYM. He's supposed to call me after his classes, but let me know if you think it'd be a tight idea.

arapa33

Smash Rookie
thanks a lot for the info. as for getting better, a friend and i are really good. i know thats probably what everyone says on these boards, but we are untouchable around here. there just aren't any tourneys in kearney. i would love to hit up some tournaments in omaha and see where i stand.

i am very interested in having some contact information. my email is nottpp@unk.edu. if you email me i can give you my phone number or whatever. i really appreciate it.

Dragon7507

Smash Ace
arapa33 said:
as for getting better, a friend and i are really good. i know thats probably what everyone says on these boards, but we are untouchable around here.
I have heard that one a few times, even from the collusiem guys, so if you do ever play us it may be a shock for ya

arapa33

Smash Rookie
i would love to play ya. but it needs to be on the weekend. its a good 3 hours to omaha from kearney. i just need some info.

i might just shock you, ya know.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Ive got some info about the next Gamers tourney but im not deffent on it just yet. Im looking to do it on the 30th of April (No Promises)
SNS will not be going on this week since I hate all of you and theres a lot of blood on my floor from cutting myself.

But Ill post whats up on Saturday for the final answer.

arapa33, PeachPunk lives in Omaha now (as far as I know) Also she died as a smasher. She never logs on here anymore

Weekends are when we play and tourney (Mainly Sundays)

People go to the coliseum. Im sick on destorying Lewis and is partner in teams 4 stock to 1 :laugh:

Tacoom

Smash Lord
I never said the 30th was for sure, we may have to wait longer but it will happen

Colosium are on Saturdat at noon. Personally its not worth you money unless to attend to stay the whole weekend. Trust me.

Echo

Smash Champion
Tacoom said:
SNS will not be going on this week since I hate all of you and theres a lot of blood on my floor from cutting myself.
wtf. did anyone else read this. i have never said ANYTHING close to this. and you all call me emo and ****.

read that ****ing post. god ****. ****ing emo.

and plus, mo is helping me turn cool. i just gotta save up 100 dollars for new shoes. lol. :dizzy:

****ing. ayoah.

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
Me, and almost everyone here except Mo (Loran) and Mike (Echo) live in Omaha. Mo's in Lincoln and Mike is from columbus. Oh yeah, and Lil Tacoom is from..Sioux City? I think?

MaJiK

Smash Ace
listen john ur goin to cancel this weeks smashfest b/c im goin to take bryan with me to ur apartment anyways got it?!

Echo

Smash Champion
dude. i wanna move. right now. i ****in hate this place. someones gotta help me get a job. please.

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
DYC said:
Ike Turner reference = instant 500 cool points.

Leon owns.
well she did not understand simple english, so things had to get ruff. all she understood was me puting her *** through a wall. then everything was coo after that.

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
Uh..guys...can we PLEASE get some details of SMYM?

For instance:

-Who's going for sure?
-Who's driving?
-Money? How much for gas?
-When are we leaving?
-Where should we gather?

Pleaaaase post some info? I want the word to be spread in advance so no one has any ****-ups about not going.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
umm, does anyone want to help me make a dodge ball team for a tourney at the end of the month
So far I got 2 including myself

Echo

Smash Champion
haha, that'd be fun as hell... but ya know, it'd be far too much hassle to try to worry about getting me to omaha for SMYM, then there again for a dodgeball tournament... but i guess if you guys dont care, i'd do it lol

Echo

Smash Champion
DUDE.

imma double postin this ****.

because I have, some good ****ing news. ayoah.

****ing, look at this ****, especially leon and smeesh.

139$. to chicago and back. thats how much total it would cost you to fly to FC and back. so yeah, i'm definetly doing it, let me know if you wanna come.

edit - btw. its only a 1 1/2 hour flight, with great comfort. as compared to your 10+ hour drive sweating, rubbing up to a bunch of guys.

MaJiK

Smash Ace
i'll be part of the dodgeball team i may be a little big but im good with my hands and i have dodged a flamer from dev a couple times if i recall

Echo

Smash Champion
i told you, i'm too good. In fact, I think I may be King, Mo aint so great. >_>

but yeah, thats VERY ****ing good, 119 but 139 from tax or whateverthat****is. But i dont know how long that is goign to be available, so i actually need to know soon so I can get us hooked up with tickets. call me foo(s).

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
A yo i'm going to going to pawn this flying to FC ****. And I'm fa sho in the dodgeball ****. yall need a black guy to win anyway.

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
Everyone forgets about me! ****it...

That's some good ****, I'll talk with my financial hookups about that one.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
I played games with Smeesh for 3 hours tonight. Fun :)

......I have a feeling I'm going to regret this mightily. But count me tentatively in for SMYM.

Big Burn

Smash Lord
Thanks for calling me mo... thanks a lot.... i was bored as **** all night and i just wanted to play some smeash but yall said u were busy with poker, guess u were busy with just ignoring me and playing smeash elsewhere....thats tough... and mike is no better, i called u like 3 times and each time u said ohh il be able to play soon, just let me finish this quick game of madden...hmm somehow i dont think u are still playing.... thanks for ditching me as well...

Echo

Smash Champion
yeah well, i'll talk to you guys about it when i come to omaha for SMYM. we really do need to get it figured out quickly though, before its no longer available. we also may need a credit card. a good chance of that actually. but thats a really good price.

also, if we take the earliest flight to chicago, which is 10:30, we could get there at noon on wednesday,, we could just chilll in chiacago and do whatever until someone from FC picks us up to take us to the church. then the tourney is thursday friday saturday, then we could either leave saturday night..... or sunday morning, i dont know. but yeah, let me know, so far its Me and Leon for sure, johnny, quen, and smeesh all considering it.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
That's tough, I didn't call Devon until 1 am, I didn't figure you'd still wanna play that late. I was gambling and then hanging out with some friends all night, it's not like I was playing any games lol. BTW I dont even bother calling Mike any more.

Leon, you a fan of NBA Live 06? Cuz I accept Money matches in that game :-P I'm like 4-0 career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom