• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon7507

Smash Ace
And in tonights news, we will have our top story, an investigation into johnning and the people that john. Tonight our special guest interviewee will be quin. Tune in later to hear what it means to john from a pro. ;)

Echo

Smash Champion
Yo I left my ****-*** controller at yo place.... Guess its not THAT big of a loss, since I have to buy a new one. >_> But bring it next weekend plz :p I'm too poor to afford a new one just yet.

ThisIsntNotJT

Smash Rookie
Man, I'm all depressed and ****; my crew is really getting me down. They're all emo about not being very good and are afraid that they're gonna get their butts handed to 'em on the 18th at the gamers tourney. I'm sick and tired of hearing about how I can't hope to compete with anyone else, even though I beat any of them, including a Marth and Sheik, consistently 3/4 times, 4/5 when I'm thinking about it. I don't mean to sound stuck up; in fact, that's the reason I'm not saying this to them and posting it here instead...

Anyways, I was wondering if I could practice with you guys, whenever you get together. Sounds kinda weird, I know, but I just want to get better.

Little about myself: The name is JT, I'm 20 years old and a student at UNO. I moved to Nebraska and started smashing with my old friends from back in the day, but we mostly played casually. In fact, we had some kind of stupid honor code that edge guarding was being cheap, so we let our opponents back on, which really put us behind as far as skill level (we don't do that anymore). I've been playing Samus since day one, and have very little skill in any other characters, which is also something I'm hoping to change.

That's basically it. My AIM sn is the same as my tag on the boards. Thanks.

MaJiK

Smash Ace
lol dont worry echos converting smeesh to emo anyways soooo........its probely the same thing over here
HA so ur name is JT u liar...who didn't see that comin?
echo bring ur best game next time we meet man i want ta take u on full-throttle if ya get me man.
its every sunday man about 2pm-whenever they can let ya and i'll let john hook ya up with directions so give him ur address k?

MaJiK

Smash Ace
ThisIsntNotJT said:
I've been playing Samus since day one, and have very little skill in any other characters, which is also something I'm hoping to change.
does this remind u of ANYONE?......

PS SRY FOR DOUBLE POST

ThisIsntNotJT

Smash Rookie
MaJiK said:
lol dont worry echos converting smeesh to emo anyways soooo........its probely the same thing over here
HA so ur name is JT u liar...who didn't see that comin?
echo bring ur best game next time we meet man i want ta take u on full-throttle if ya get me man.
its every sunday man about 2pm-whenever they can let ya and i'll let john hook ya up with directions so give him ur address k?
Oh HO, but I didn't lie; this Isn't NOT JT, double negative see. Anyways, I appreciate it. I'll definitly be there this sunday.

Echo

Smash Champion
*sigh* Guess its another Samus player I get to show moves to... how many of those have I seen recently?

and MaJiK - accept my 5$ MM then.

maybe if I get that job at wal-mart, i'll be able to buy a new controller, hopefully before the omaha tourney in less than 2 weeks. >_>

MaJiK

Smash Ace
too many, and i'll have a mm with ya at next sns i get bad "mojo" versin samus's at tourneys

and just so ya know those names are tricky they can confuse the hell out of a spell check

Echo

Smash Champion
As I recall, last time I played you at UNL, things didnt go as such. The score was even. Maybe you for 4 stock the average Samus, but not mine.

No marth can harm me, Mo. You forget, I faced Vidjo's. ;)

.........and that Marth 4 stocked Smeesh's Falcon before I played it. :laugh:

MaJiK

Smash Ace
lets this this sns goin eary
for we need the practice
for the tourney
and we all know
who will and
who won't show
and who will pay
for the mm that
in which they
will lose on that day
of no damage

ps. i can't take on a sheik with a gannon who knows anything i only 2-3 stocked that one dude at colluseum (with chain grabbing!)

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
Heya guys.

Me and Leon are considering starting to tape some smash matches, and I was wondering what sort of equipment would I need to capture, store and edit the matches. And a price range of how much we'd have to throw down for such a thing.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Echo

Smash Champion
IMO Easiest way is a capture card. Pretty much just recording straight from your TV to comp, and is by far the easiest, and has great quality since its just whats on your TV, but those can be quite expensive, cheapest you could find will be a bit short under 100$, but if you check ebay you may find for really cheap. This is what I would recommend if you dont have a camcorder, and is would do if i had the cash. I'm not sure about vid editing though, go check the video discussion for such a thing, i'm sure its there somewhere.

and MaJiK... you know that I cant make SNS's... so please, dont cry in public when I beat you at No Damage. >_>

ThisIsntNotJT

Smash Rookie
What's the deal with the Colluseum? I've never been there and don't know where it is, but I hear it's the place to be. Any info on it would be had.

MaJiK

Smash Ace
well just so ya know i'll cry im private. store it up till i get home and cry then i might toughen up and go emo like u
no one commented on me putin it in poem form... does that mean no one likes it???

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Colluseum is on Saturdays starting at noon. Its on 84th and Harrison
Every week its a diffirent tourney. This week is free for all, next week is singles and after that is teams. It cycles though all 3 in that order.

Mike Falco lover

Smash Journeyman
Yall ****** is weak sauce..... Eh miss me guys or wat???? I been owning ppl in the tournies..... I need better competioin..... uh Mo..... cough...... cough..... lol when is the krusty tourny again?????

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
MaJiK said:
lets this this sns goin eary
If you guys are going to start early...I'm thinking about coming to Omaha this weekend so I don't get TOTALLY owned at my own tournament. Tacoom still holding the Smashfest at his place on Sundays?

Uli

Smash Champion
you guys going to the colo this week? u guys have sns on saterday tooo! i can never go on sunday bc of skewl and no ride :\

MaJiK

Smash Ace
IS EVERY MUTHA TRUCKER CHANGES THEIR SIGS B/C MY CATCH-PHRASE IS SO PAWNIN!!!!!!! :angry:
hold on u mean sns is startin sat night! :crazy

l l see this?this is original this is still pawnage!
V

Echo

Smash Champion
I couldnt get my money back from where crust 4 you was gonna be. So i'll probably be too poor for SMYM and ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom