• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Yea lets start planning for this one now,
of the possible people able to go, I count 8
Smeash
Mike
Mike
Mo
Aaron
Leon
Yosh
and The Q-man

We might be taking 2 cars.

Echo

Smash Champion
viperboy_74 said:
wow... thats pretty darn awesome... u can enter 2 NE teams for state crews with that! Man i'm getting excited for this now...
I smell conflict.

OldSkoolAngel

Smash Cadet
Holy Crap... PARIS, IL? That's going to be one hell of a drive for anyone. We'd have to take a caravan and switch drivers because that's a 9 hour drive if you straight shot it. We'd have to stop at a halfway point like Davenport the night before.

I'm in if you guys are seriously going, but only if I go with the Omaha Crew. That is going to be an insane drive for people who are doing school still.

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
Well.. Who is the Q-man?

Me?

I'm presuming.

I'm in a slight debate. I was going to go get a DS, but if I go to the tourney, I'll have insuffecient funds to purchase one...Aaaaaaack!

I guess I could go, since the DS will be around, but the Tourney won't be. Any of the "Elites" going to be there?

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
I drove 10 hours straight to FC in July and we only stopped like 3 times, not counting when I got pulled over.

I don't even think I can go to this since I'm now dead broke after losing 55 dollars in poker lol I'm on the losing streak of the millennia.

OldSkoolAngel

Smash Cadet
That should teach you not to play poker when you could be playing Smash, huh? ^_^

Also, once I get more crap out of my house, we can have an unlocking party. Since I found out that training against computers screwed up my game, I need to unlock Game and Watch as well as Mewtwo. Trying to play th.e hours when I'm the only one playing on my Cube is tedious. X_X

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Ah finally got my hurr cut...

If I get this job that I'm hoping to be able to get this month, then I could maybe make the Paris tourney.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
Phatgamer1 said:
I don't think dark is going so.....I don't see KC/KS makin E=mc^3

that makes me sad... i woulda like to seen dark, dmac, u and someone else enter state crews, maybe DYC.

are u sure it's that far for you guys? i drove 4 1/2 hours to FC... i really hope to see u guys anyway...

Echo

Smash Champion
Speaking of Job... wtf has Mike been, ***** said he was gonna hook me up with one >_>

And, on that topic, I need a roommate if I move to Omaha.

But... talking about the tourney, I actually saw conflict about splitting into 2 crews. It seems like one crew would get the best, while the other crew would go and get destroyed, and the last thing we need to rep Nebraska is a crew that people get to sit and laugh about.

So is Crust 4 You not happening? I havent really seen anyone mention it...

EDIT - Oh, and I also put my vote in for the KC/KS crew going anyway, even if Dark doesnt make it.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
It's like 8 hours for us I think and prolly a little farther for them....we drove 10 hours to FC TJ :-P

If we hold Crust 4 You we need a venue and stuff to get started.

OldSkoolAngel

Smash Cadet
What time are we meeting on Sunday? I have a fun little trick with Bowser that I've found... not sure how useful it is, but it's funny as heck to watch and I intend to implement it in my game on the right stages. I've never seen it done in any of the videos, but you need a decent wall to do them on.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
wow DYC and MO i didn't realize you guys drove that far. oh well, u should make it anyway. :). ya i agree, i'd like to see kansas make it, even if darkrain can't. phat, dyc, dmac... surely u have one more.

even if NE team 2 gets slaughtered, it's still be fun to enter. there isn't a fee on state crews, for pride only. thats kinda the point, to have the stronger names team up, to see which state is better, but at the same time let everyone in by letting more than 1 team per state. Most states second team will get slaughtered by others states team 1...

Tacoom

Smash Lord
We'll do 2 teams if needed.
Sunday is still on, anybody welcomed.
To go to E=MC^3 you would probly need 60-80 bucks

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
How much for gas on this one guys? And I guess we should rent a van too, if 7 people are going. Who's doing the driving and who's going to be the guy with the map?

ThisIsntNotJT

Smash Rookie
Hey Chaps,

Been looking for some Omaha blokes to spare with. I'm with Erikku back a few pages. Do you guys do a weekly thing that we'd be able to swing by and try our hands in some SSBM? We'd like the challenge.

If you guys are doing anything tonight, the 5th, that'd be a fantastic coincidence, a bit bored over here.

Thanks,
Not^2 JT

SM3EsH

Smash Ace
yea...well, everybody just make it to sunday smash because we are going to have another little tourny like we did before, the entrance fee is probably still the same and such, although this time we should have team tourny...

so with that bein said...who's all going.....

ThisIsntNotJT

Smash Rookie
A few questions about this tourney on sunday...

Is it open invitational?
When is it?
Where is it?
How much is it?
What are the rules?

I appreciate it

Echo

Smash Champion
Chances are I wont make this little tourney thing... I'm too busy trying to figure out wtf i'm going to do with moving and jobs and stuff. I will be in Omaha tomorrow, but, I'm going to be spending that special quality time with my mother... and I dont know if she'd be down for meetin with someone for some smash. I am looking forward to E=MC^3 though, so make sure you count me in for that. I probably wont be able to make the next few SNS's either, so we need to have a get together the day before E=MC^3 to make sure theres alotta practice, last time it was just kinda like smeash giving a 7 hour "how to fight a captain falcon" lesson. I must say though, I really do think it helped.

Also... Muscle Mexi Mike... You still owe me a MM with my Samus and your G&W :chuckle:

Tacoom

Smash Lord
The place is at my place:
5404 S95CT apt 303.
712 204 3842 is my number
on Sunday, starts at 3:30 PM
Anyone is welcome to come

enter fee will vary from $3-$5
If you bring $20 that will cover any cost problems
And that counts tourney fees, food and drinks.
I care not to explain the rules, they are pretty standard.

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
What a load of ****ing garbage.

It seems that I won't be able to go to E=mc^3 because of mother. ****ing weak...

ErikkuShafer

Smash Rookie
As much as I would love to meet everyone and get in 'the scene' I need to really just concentrate on some things. And as I was typing this I was informed I am suppose to go out to eat with my grandma. Well, sweet irony.

Oh well, more time for me to get better so I don't get desimated :chuckle: By the way my name is Erik if anyone wants to know.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Well, im guessing we are going to have a crappy turn out:
David told me that hes going to make an appearance.
I guess we'll have to see you next week or something

Echo

Smash Champion
sorry, you know i'd love to come up if i could, especially if David would be there, I want to compare playing him now to what I did the first day I ever came up

MaJiK

Smash Ace
............... O MY GAWD!!! this seemed so cool then before you know it BAM!! no one is comin and sry i cant make it im recoverin from a bad bad cold. and i know it seems weak but im tired

Echo

Smash Champion
You know who I havent seen for a long time... LIL Tacoom... wheres that gangsta been? I miss chillin with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom