• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SheikFreik

Smash Rookie
Wow, u guys are lucky to test ur skillz w/ friends that are actually good... I wish i could come up to one of those tourneys of urs, but i probly never would because it is an hour drive to omaha from where i live, and i have a cerfew.... (Oh, and im kinda new to this site, NOT SMASH, and i was just wondering how good u guys are :D)

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Well it started out with just Me and Dragon, Then we met Face, MFL, and Smeash, after that the group just started to expand and more and more people started to show up. Most people that come we have known for a few months. I say you find the time to come over here and learn a thing or 2, (most likey 8 :laugh: ) We are deffently the best that Neb has to offer.
BTW, where are you from.

SheikFreik

Smash Rookie
Idk, if i were able to come, my parents would have to drive me, and they wouldnt be too thrilled about that :p i could try though. When does it start and end tomorrow?

MaJiK

Smash Ace
ron is a definate not *work* and some reason bryan is undecided at this point but he won't be in the tourney

im goin to be late gotta eat at me nani's at 3:30 so i could be over at 4-4:30
so how many people are actually cumin w/ this info?

Tacoom

Smash Lord
hokay, I kind of expected this to happen with no one really showing up since there were only 2 days worth of planing

Jan 8 we'll try this again. Thats 3 weeks. make the arangments to come.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Smeesh hasnt come on to talk smack about his win? :-P Nice one you got lucky against me tho Smeesh and you know it. You stayed consistent all day tho.

I didnt and played pretty bad in my loss to Mike but its all good he played me well.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
I dont understand. Whenever its a tourney set, smeash ends up beating me. But if its a MM, I pwn him 2-0. Its madness.

Anyway, SNS wont be going next week since its Xmas day. Both Aaron and I will be out of town.
Hey mike, Give me a call Friday if you like to smeash.

MaJiK

Smash Ace
let's see august september october...... hey w8 a minute?! lol :laugh:
so sm3esh won huh? i did find my game in my coat pocket *coughcoughcough*
does en E 1 know a rekease date for the new revolution? just curious

Mike Falco lover

Smash Journeyman
It was finally time for SMIRSH to win one!!!! Oh well I didnt play him well until after the finals.... I beat him in a mm>>>> Birtch..

MaJiK

Smash Ace
well good for devon
he needed the money* <.< >.>
im practicing with falcon on the side, mario seems dead, luigi is gettin owned, doc is ded 2, im goin to keep practicing w/ luigi for a play character P.S. my link got schooled even though it did good at home (Emot: rolling eyes(I wonder why ?)
god gannon gets comboed too easily cant w8 for the revolution though
I wonder if they are going to put in another 1P mode and who will be the final boss. graphics should be awsome though maybe i'll find a new character
i here it will be in feb. ???????? ?_?

OldSkoolAngel

Smash Cadet
Me too!

Well, I'm almost moved in and should be able to make tourney on the 8th. The tournament in Iowa is a liiiiitle too soon.

Well, I did decently in Smash in Chicago! I signed up for 2v2 five minutes before registration closed and won my first battle... then got Powned... :(

Singles, I actually won one, and there was one heck of a Mewtwo player there as well. I ran into Will, one of the greater Samus players and actually got two stocks off of him before getting beat.

As for the Frag Dolls, I'm definately being considered, but I'm not sure when I'll be contacted. ^^; The wait is killing me!

I also had a fun time at my business meetings! It was the best trip I had all year! Now I get to look forward to next year!

OSA

Mike Falco lover

Smash Journeyman
Sheet I wanted to go to Chicago.... O well Wat can ya do!!!! Who is up for smash Friday or saturday night.... Just call me.... 612-0375

Tacoom

Smash Lord
So will smeash be at my place just to lose another 50 cents or 2. I heard he has $20
Mike I might be down for some smeash Friday.

ErikkuShafer

Smash Rookie
Heya there. I've gone to these boards every once and a while but I never really looked into the community threads. Finally got around to it. I also glanced back at all the posts for about 10 pages, is there a set day you guys hang out and play SSBM also or is it just when you call eachother within a few days and do it?

I've been busy with RL troubles lately but I am trying to make time to play SSBM. Me and my buddies really don't play anyone outside the Millard area or anyone that is a challenge. Not to get a big head, it is just we can't find anyone outside that set area, and we know great players are out there! So we are kind of begging to get our butts kicked. We'd love to play other people in the metro :)

Er.. um, anyways, glad to finally post here. Maybe someday we could come to a tourny or something. Hopefully I am not intruding :psycho: - Erik S.

edit: first post, only 5 months after I register and like a year after I discover the boards. Oh well :urg:

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Well, keep posting in this thread and we'll get info about whats going on. So far Jan 8 we are doing a tourney here at my place.

MaJiK

Smash Ace
don't worry bout intruding man i have only known about this for a little while and (perdon the phrase)" i am up in the o-crew's grill." sm3esh told my bro and i just tagged along..(like a buldozer tags along with its driver if ya know wat i mean)

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
Believe it or not, I'm not dead.

Yay.

Anyway, I'm spending Christmas alone for the first time, although I suppose I oughta get used to it.

Happy Holidays towards all...

In two weeks, I'll have a happy new year. I'll have a DS. Rawk On!

MaJiK

Smash Ace
:smash: MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD SMEESHIN!!!!!!! :smash:

P.S. and i do take small breaks tacoom when i speak, even my lungs are not that big

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Majik is a lier, dont listen to him.
Sir Roy, bring that DS when ever you come for smash, in fact everyone thats cool and has a DS, bring it. We could get a mario kart tourney going. :)

SM3EsH

Smash Ace
FaceLoran said:
Smeesh hasnt come on to talk smack about his win? :-P Nice one you got lucky against me tho Smeesh and you know it. You stayed consistent all day tho.

I didnt and played pretty bad in my loss to Mike but its all good he played me well.
well, i have not been on for a good while due to the growing thorn in my ***....aka (the cable bill will not be paid till about the first or second week into january)
so....i'll talk my smack to ya when its worth talking to....
but uhh, aaron give me a call and we can smash...

and if anything we should get prepped for this upcoming tourny in under a week....yea the one in kansas.
we need to know who is going and we pretty much need to know asap, because we need to leave early on friday morning...and i will rarely be on until i get cable back so we need to know what we are going to do.

...o yea, i'll start talking SMACK mo umm after you either pay me the 5 bucks or you give me your double or nothing match...

OldSkoolAngel

Smash Cadet
Whew! Getting all this stuff set up in my house is insane... ^^;

Once it starts getting warmer, though, the basement looks ideal to hold a Smash Fest in! Someone else would have to supply another cube and Smash game, because we do have another TV. In the Spring, we could move it into the Garage once all the boxes and crud are moved out.

I want gaming to become more prominant in the Midwest, so I'm going to start a mission known as The Midwest Smash Project. I'm going to need all the help I can get once I get the full plan going, but I want to rent out a bigger venue to have a bigger tournament in Omaha or Council Bluffs (not unlike the Thanksgiving Tournament at FCC which attracted Mr. Darkrain). The ones in Iowa have been complaining about not getting much Smash action, so I'll be seeing about going to their tournaments and see if I can rally some support too.

My mom makes T-Shirts and I draw anime, so I'm planning on some mad swag as well.

It's still in the works on how to do this and how to set up tournaments, but is there anyone here interested in helping me start some tournaments around here? I consider it a good cause! Kids these days could be getting into some bad stuff without anything to do on the weekend. With video games sometimes getting bad rap from the media, we need to tell them to kiss off and make something good out of it.

A little corny, but hey, I love gaming!

O.S.A.

OldSkoolAngel

Smash Cadet
O_o

That's why it's "Midwest" Smash Project, since Iowa is right across the river. Wiseguy, Smeesh! :psycho:

Regardless of whether the Omaha crew will own them or not, Smash without competition is like a day on dial-up. Besides, we have to put to rest Tacoom's word wars with the Iowa boys. Why don't we look forward to Iowa VS. Nebraska?

Echo

Smash Champion
Tacoom said:
in fact everyone thats cool and has a DS, bring it. We could get a mario kart tourney going. :)
oh my gosh!! it just so happens that I am cool, AND i have a DS!! What Luck!!

Anyway, I plan on going to the Kansas, so try to save me a seat in whatever you plan on taking there... Also, just try to post something about how you wanna do this by thursday or something, what I mean is what day you want people to come by, for things like practicing. I think the only thing i can do is just do a whole bunch of matches with you guys to get into it, because there is no one to play here and I dont think I can do anything in training that I havent been working on. Plus, I really wanna play Jimi's peach again, I know I would have had a 3rd match if I wouldnt have SD'd... coulda been interesting!

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
...I'm so burned out on poker right now it's sick *sigh* But I need to start getting serious practice before the KS tourney or I'm donegames. Mike if you see this call me one of these afternoons and have my sisters wake me up so we can smeash dude.

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
OSA: I HAVE DIAL-UP YOU ANARCHIST! I've had to deal with it for 8 years!

Tacoom: I had no intention on getting Mario Kart, because I don't have high speed interweb at my house but...eh. I mainly wanted it for Mario & Luigi and Dual Strike..but...Maybe. We'll see how my budget holds out.

OldSkoolAngel

Smash Cadet
ROY- And I had to deal with it for 5 ... stinks doesn't it? And what does dealing with Dial-Up have to do with being an anarchist? O_o I rebelled against inferior technology by switching to broadband by living in my mom's house?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom