• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Someone told me about that internet sales thing and it seemed like a gimmick to me *shrug* It's some kind of chain where the more people you refer and the more people referred by the people you refer, the more percentage of the money you get or something.

I guess 3 people said they are for sure down to drive to Chicago. Who's vehicle would you guys be taking? Also, has anyone contacted Snex about housing?

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Are you implying that we dont have the van to take. Cuz we could just walk. we'll just have to leave Tuesday Morning.

OldSkoolAngel

Smash Cadet
I don't want to get off topic of the message boards with talking about my business all the time, but if you care to talk more about that, you can PM me.

I hope to be at this Sunday's Smash!

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Well if I were to go we might be able to take the van. The good news is that my mom bought a car so she no longer needs the van. I drive it sometimes when I'm in town so I can haul all my friends around and stuff. The van is pretty much mine right now in all but name so I basically have 2 cars.

Echo

Smash Champion
From research I had done looking at the Housing for MLG Chicago thread, It seemed like everyone was full for housing, but it would probably still be a great Idea to PM him anyhow. As far as who all said they wanted to go, with Yosh, me, smeash, and Mo have all said they wanted to go, I havent heard anything from Mike, but i'm sure he'd want to go. I guess I havent seen anyone else say that wanted to go, but so far the only person that said they couldnt was Aaron.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
But by my calculations I'd probably have to drop about a benjamin to get to this that's definitely outta the question. It's prolly gonna be 15-20 for gas, 25 for entry fees, at least 15 for food, and like 20 bucks per night for a hotel room.

Echo

Smash Champion
Hmmmmmmmmm..... I guess I never put all those costs into consideration.... I better go check my checking account. O_o

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
I'm not sure Yosh, but there's gonna be alot of them so I highly doubt we could fit everyone into a room. We're most likely on our own.

Mike you better believe it man. Out of state tournies aint no joke. Gas for SMYM4 was between 15 and 20 dollars a man, although I think gas has gone down since then. Food costs are a problem too, I practically starved myself at SMYM. MLG tournies present the added problem of housing, since Smashers who host big tournies usually offer plenty of free housing. Only reason I was able to go to STL was because dmac helped me out a bit with covering some of the costs.

Echo

Smash Champion
Well, you know im all about going to this if everyone else is going to be able. As long as the 15 bucks to pitch in would be to get there and back, and as far as food goes I could just live off the dollar menu at mcdonalds for a while or somethin. I most likely wont have a partner for doubles, so i just have to worry about a Singles fee, and how many times would we have to look into a hotel?

Well, whatever the decision is, we better figure it out if we have to register for it or whatever, I guess I have no idea whats goin on so i'm just gonna let you guys work it out lol

EDIT - oh, and i just remembered, Leon said he wanted to go, so that would be a possible 6 people. Unless anyone else wants to go, like MaJiK or somethin

SM3EsH

Smash Ace
well....if all else fails and we cant get housing, i can honostly care less if we were to sleep in the car. sure we lose out on some smash'n but it could honostly just about guarantee us to be 200% early to the tourny to get all the practice we can prolly get..sides i have like 4 seasons of family guy and the full season of full metal alchemist on my laptop imma bring with......we cant pass this up....aside from FC3 this will be prolly the next big thing!

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
It's too cold to sleep in the car you fool. Trust me, me and my friends passed out drunk in the van like 2 weeks ago and woke up frozen at 8 in the morning.

SM3EsH

Smash Ace
well if you dont wanna do then, how about we leave when we need to the day or so before the tourny, and uhh we'll just get there when the doors open.

you can go to sleep, start smash'n i kinda wont care, someone is just gonna have to step in case if you do that....who's gonna drive

-mo youve been hardcore with drive'n i kind of would suggest you to drive....you or yosh, lol i'll prolly be up during the whole trip....unlike some other people...or persons coughMIKEcoughcough, who ****ing pass out 15 minutes into the drive out of.....OUT OF omaha!

but uhh, unless you or someone comes up with something better, thats basically the best thing we got going for us is right there.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Motel 6
About 36 Bucks a night. ^_^
When Do you guys want to leave? Thursday night and drive untill Friday morning, or Thursday morning and spend an extra amount of $ for housing that night.
I need to know so I can get that thursday off if I must.
ASAP YDWPOA

SM3EsH

Smash Ace
thats good ****....good **** yosh
im good to leave thursday night..

although, any chance we can get back before 10am monday?
cause thats when school kicks me in the ***

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
School? How the **** do you have school, I got finals next week then I'm done.

Yer talkin drive thursday night? And then book the room for Friday night? Problem is, what happens if one of us qualifies for the 1v1 or if my team survives the first night of 2v2? We'd have to book the room for another night. Besides that, even if we got eliminated I think it wouldn't be till pretty late I doubt anyone would be up for driving that late anyways.

I seriously do not think I can afford this guys....and if anyone should wanna go it should be me considering I am already qualified for teams.

Dragon7507

Smash Ace
Johnny, hate to burst your bubble, but can you afford to go to this? You got this months bills, new car, and possiblyno job. You betterfigure that out, cause rents a lil more important than a tourney.
Dragon

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Yea I am aware of that factor. Ive been trying to figure if im going to go or not. If Mo isnt going then I wont. I just dont see the point if people are going to be dropping out. In the end, I figure if I can afford to go or not by next week

Echo

Smash Champion
It depends which way you come in, I come in from the West so I get on L, then head south on 96th, but the subway and stuff if on Q.....I think

Anyway, so whats the decision on the MLG thing? I'd hate to sound annoying and just keep bugging ya about it, but I kinda need to know since its gonna be this upcoming week. I only have classes on Monday-Thursday, so leaving thursday night would be fine by me, and that will be it for the whole semester so I dont have to worry about making it back a certain time.

Echo

Smash Champion
yeah, well, **** that, my dads car broke down so I wont have a car up there now, looks like i'm not goin.

MaJiK

Smash Ace
tick tock, tick tock
time goes as you watch the clock
play play
every day
smash is good
Sme3sh pawns
YaY!

a poem to; smash
thought u'd wanna here it
sme3sh we never dittoed :( :cry: tsk tsk tsk u must of been afraid of my falcon WHICH is why u put me in the other room :p

SM3EsH

Smash Ace
you know what dude....i dont even have a controller atm

yea :p cause i was kick'n mikes *** :p he ahh kinda got pissed lol and threw his controller and uhhh lol it just doenst work....ive been trying to find the problem for like a few days now and i dont know what the hell is going on...../cry

i was using his controller for a good period of time but uhh now he took it back and im no richer than i was poor5 months ago :p so.....although miracously i had the money to make it to mlg but...BUT from the looks of it we just might not be going, guess there is kansas to go to.

lol then i kinda win a match against yosh for a ****ing screwdriver when i couldnt win one for 50+ cents wtf......

magik....cf.......good?
whos....magik, do i know you :p

Mike Falco lover

Smash Journeyman
Wats up ******??? Im creepin now days..... ***** hate workin 2 jobs!!!! Dude lets go to MLG....Im down for sure we have to do it!!! Mo call me sumtime... And birtch lets smash tomorrow.. tuesday... I ll call u lets do it guys.... The omaha crew has to be there!!!1 Lots of smashers will be happy!!!! Lets go come on !!!!!!!!Smeash is forever

Echo

Smash Champion
i'll go to MLG.... I might be able to get my older brother to give me a ride if I pay him, or if someone else wants to drive down here and get me and take me... i'll pay you :p

either way, I still want to go, but it seemed like everyone else was just deciding not to go. Let's form up a crew and go show everyone that NE has some **** good smashers, ****, we need to make nebraska known for something other than corn.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
If we do go, When will we be back. I got to work monday. Also I didnt relize this but Im in the invite for teams. Im up there with you Mo-fo

Echo

Smash Champion
Congrats for you that are actually invited, but I'm still very confused.

1. ARE we going? Well, are YOU going, and if so, can I come? ^-^

2. if you/I do go, old school angel said something about registering online, and its getting close....

Mike Falco lover

Smash Journeyman
Its all good guys.... If we dont go we have a Kansas tourny to pawn..... I mean can Kansas even stand a chance against Nebraska, i think not..... and anyways I took off this sunday so I will be up for smeash!!!!!

viperboy_74

Smash Master
hey then u guys can enter the state crews! it's gonna be in my hotel room on saturday night. I'm gonna have M3D announce the room number during the LCQ. 5 man teams... i posted some rules in there a few pages back if ya wanna check it out.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
This weekend, where have you been Leon?
Yes, we pwn Kansas... Like a smeash :p
We should still try to go, Mo give me a call sometime soon foolz
Mike what about your car?

If we dont go then Im just wondering if you guys would like SNS to be on Sunday or Saturday
Lock in your votes now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom