• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Assuming the KS tournament gets finalized, I don't think it's too early to start asking who wants to go? If we get enough people we might able to take two cars, otherwise with 7 people I think I can take the van again.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
No I god awfulled that tourney. Absolutely destroyed my group then played horrendous in the actual tourney. Probably the only number 2 overall seed ever to finish that awful lol...

Echo

Smash Champion
WHOA! would ya look at that, lots of snow! That probably ruins any chance of me comin up this weekend, really hope the snow for christmas isnt bad though, becuase i really wanna go to that tourney in Kansas

Dragon7507

Smash Ace
Been a while since I have posted. He mo, when is MLG? Iwanna go this year, since I dunno how many OOS tournies I will be able to go to when I get married. But, Jerilyn has told me I will be able to go to a FEW out of Omaha :) But yeah, me and Johnny once again have those GAY SATURDAY CLASSES, but I told my teacher this time that I would at least be missing a few classes, so I can make this one work, specially since I didnt go last year :( Oh well, hit me with the info mo, and see everyone tonight

Dragon

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Yeah I seen that in your profile on facebook. I'm invited to the party right :-P

Chicago is real soon i think next weekend or the weekend after.

OldSkoolAngel

Smash Cadet
I'll be going to MLG in Chicago! It's the Weekend of December 16th, the Smash Tournaments are on the 17th. It's 20 per for singles, 5 per for team. Better get registered online if you're gonna go, though. I know the hotels for the thing have already closed. :(

Echo

Smash Champion
Ya know, I really wanna go to this MLG thing, but I dont think anyone else does lol... but if like, you have room in the car, and you dont care, you should let me know so I can register or whatever @_@ and besides, if no one can offer housing, I'd offer to pitch in some money for a hotel?

Anyway, thanks for lettin me crash on the couch last night, It actually really helped to get some sleep before I drove back :p sry I left out of nowhere, too, but Johnny looked so darn cute sleepin I couldnt bare to wake him up! :colorful:

dmac

Smash Champion
just cause the mlg hotel is closed off doesn' t mean you can't find some motel 6 or something. this is if you can't get free housing :(. but seriously splitting a cheap hotel room at least 5 ways isn't so bad

viperboy_74

Smash Master
ya, good call dmac. This tourney is gonna be way huge so i suggest going at all costs. As i said before, PM snex or maybe bigC for housing options if another hotel isn't available for some reason.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
I'd love to go and I'm sure Mike would be down too but the thing is the cost for me could be too hefty. It's a fair drive but the main problem is the cost of renting a room in a hotel, plus food costs can't forget that. I dunno yet if this is gonna be possible for me.

Who all is down?

SM3EsH

Smash Ace
weak stuff mo....im totally down for this one. and like someone posted before ;p snex is housing...i dunno how many people he's housing but uhhh, yea
dude cmon, we have to hit this up......its 2 weeks from now, well minus a day or 2.....maybe 3

OldSkoolAngel

Smash Cadet
Well, guys, I have an announcement to make. I am now officially sponsored for the Chicago tournament. I'm staying at my upline's house from Thursday to Sunday since I will also be attending some business meetings and attempting to try out for the Frag Dolls.

I can make NO promises, but how many will I be looking at if I ask if any more will be coming? I'm sure he'd be happy to make room for a couple of more, but if you are willing to attend some open business meetings as well, I might be able to help. Might want to bring some semi-decent clothes if you take up the offer.

Echo

Smash Champion
I'm down for both tourneys, but.... uuuuh, i dont think i have any "decent" clothes, so maybe I cant :(

OldSkoolAngel

Smash Cadet
Well, as long as you look okay, I don't think they care. I've seen people their first time at the meetings in with T-shirt and jeans. People who have been in the business before like I have tend to wear business casual, but they accept anyone into the meetings who haven't seen them before. They are really awesome people!

Heck, I got introduced to this business from a friend of mine at Family Fun Center after I kicked his butt in DDR. It's an Internet Sales business that I also own a part of which is a lot like Amazon. My head coach in Chicago is letting me crash as his place for the weekend for the tournament and it's only like 3 miles from the hotel. I'm going there for business training as well as the tournament since a motivational speaker will also be in town that weekend. Since I'm not in the Halo half of the tourney, I'll be attending that too.

Remember all the free stuff I brought over that one time? That's from just one company... and I have 750+ other partner stores to offer from my website. I also get paid to use my own products, and when I refer people to the site I sponsor by gaming buy things, I get a cut. Therefore, I am now sponsored! ^_^

Bad news, though. I just got the e-mail back saying he's excited about the potential, but wants to wait and see how things go at this tournament first. :( I have, however, been cleared to perhaps try testing the possibility of getting tournaments together since I told him about the draw at the Thanksgiving tournament in Omaha.

I don't know about you guys, but I have dreams of having the Midwest be a heck of a lot more lively for the world of gaming! If I have to take those out of bounds steps to do it, I will!

OSA

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Sounds like you got alot going for you.
You should develope a crew.
kansas hasnt been conformed yet, were looking at the last weekend of the year

OldSkoolAngel

Smash Cadet
Lemme get better at Smash first... then we can get a crew together. I still have to move into the new house and see if I actually become a Frag Doll. ...

I have a feeling I have a decent chance. The guy hiring said I was one of the only ones to take him up on the offer of an on-camera interview. I may not be hot (*POKE MIKE*) but when I put my mind to things, I deliver. I will own any casual gamer in fighting games and MMORPG. I just need to get back into the swing of things... my last big tournament win was winning a state of the art 3D0 for first place at Mega Mart... at the time it was 500 bucks! ^^;

Wow... I'm turning 24 on the 21st and I feel ancient already... *CRY*

OSA

Echo

Smash Champion
Yeah... Me too O_O

Not only just becuase I need one too, but I have been dying to get out of this tiny little town here >_>

OldSkoolAngel

Smash Cadet
I'd have to ask my upline here in Omaha, and he's been out of town a whole lot. Lemme get settled into the new house and through Chicago to see what I can do. I have to be out of this house by Friday and the movers can't decide whether to come Friday or Saturday, so I'm a little frazzled! *SCREAM*

If you do decide to head up to Chicago on your own, however, I would be more than happy to introduce you to the Chicago upline. I could probably even still get you in on the meetings if you are seriously interested.

OSA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom