• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echo

Smash Champion
assuming that question in your post was about me and not the other Mike, i guess i'll post...

Its extremely hard to convince someone to pay them 30 dollars to give me a ride to omaha, drop me off, drive home, then on sunday or whatever drive all the way to omaha again and pick me up, then drive back home. A while ago my older brother offered to since he wouldnt have school anymore, but I dont know. I mean, the other cars we have our my dads and mine, and so I dont have another car I can take. I've been freakin out to whether or not you're going to go, because wouldnt I need to come up tomorrow if i'm going? so try to let me know today, and i'll do my best to come if you're going.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
No not you, the crust mike. anyway. we might be having a 2 day smashfest. Both Sat and Sun just to make up for our lost. whos in?

SM3EsH

Smash Ace
ya...im in....except if we are not going to go to MLG then i have a party to go to on saturday evening.

hmmm and since mike is going to have this sunday off then i guess we can have some sort of tourny....

now just think.....if we could ever HEAR FROM MO!!!

maybe....just maybe you can make it up this sunday, and we can finish our little bull**** fights for our past....MM

Dragon7507

Smash Ace
Tourney This Weekend< Let Me Know What You Think

Hey smeash, thats a good idea. Johnny and I thought about having a tourney this weekend since we wont be going to MLG. The tourney would be on sunday, and I would like for everyone to get there about 2 pm or so, that way we could get an early start. Everyone would be welcome, the fee would be $20. That would be for singles, doubles, and a MEDIUM Pizza of your choice that we would order from dominoes. If you wanted to be in the tourney but not have pizza then it would just be $15 to get in. Let me know what you guys think about this, and if you wanna do it, post it here ASAP so me and johnny can get ready for it. The rules arent complete yet, but for sure both tournies would be double elim, so you have a better chance to win. Anyways, let me know. I know me and johnny are both up for this, and it sounds like smeash would be to. Later
Dragon

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
You should probably make the entry 15 and 10....since 15 doesnt really come out to an even split for singles and teams.

If we have a tournament we need to make sure like 20 people will make it like that one night in Smeesh's basement.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
if you guys aren't coming to MLG then u should go to E=MC^3.. it's gonna be Feb 11th. The real state crews for midwest will be held there, MLG is just a warm up. Houing is available Friday and Saturday that weekend. Check it out and post up!

Dragon7507

Smash Ace
The reason me and johnny were thinking it would be 20/15 is so that me adn him get some money out of this, like an entry fee of sorts, but we need the extra $5 for groceries.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Either way its tourney time. we can change the fee as it comes up or on that day. 2 or 3 bucks should work. The main thing is to spead the word to everyone in omaha. Lets make this big with in 2 days. I might even be able to pick a few fellows up.
Murn, if you come get shea and shem to come. Someone get a hold of Leon and Q-man (I win :p) Ill make a few phone calls to the other people that I have in my phone that had came before.

Smeash at a party, youve got to let me go... ive got to see that.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Im sure ill get a kick from it. I can also record it and blackmail him. What I would want is that he would have to lose to me anytime I play him in a tourney or else Ill show his mom. bahahahahahaha

Mike Falco lover

Smash Journeyman
So I take it we are not goin.... tear' Oh well Im down for this tourny!!!! Sh it Im bouts ta take it all the way!!!! Hopefully..... Well Mo just creep at me aight *****!!!

Tacoom

Smash Lord
I called Jason who will bring Mark and maybe someone else,
Smeash get a hold of Tony and Ron. Tell Ron that smeash is smeash and much more important then work. :)
Any one heard from Murn

SM3EsH

Smash Ace
yea....i'll be there sunday
but uhh ive tried talking to ron about going sunday and i think he is thinking about it but i truly dunno, but i have some confidence in tonsy showing up sunday for sure....as for myself, i might show up early maybe to help set **** up.....or possibly help WAKE someone up....coughcoughjohnnycoughcough

other than that mo.....we have **** to finish....better bring it and uhhh imma pawn your 50 cents this time yosh:psycho:

Dragon7507

Smash Ace
I forgot to mention, the other reason I wanted the fee to be $5 was then I will also pick everyone up a 2-litter of pop for them to drink while they are here. butthe main reason we thought of the entry fee was as a way to reimburse me and johnny for having to clean up after everyone after were all done, and for just letting everyone use this place. It shouldnt be hard for people to come up with $20, or if you wanna split a pizza, then just bring like 17.50, or if no food, then just 15.
Dragon

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Yea thats no fun to pick up after others afterwords with no pay.
Some one should bring an extra coob and TV. So we can have 4 set ups.
We'll credit that foe for something

Mike Falco lover

Smash Journeyman
You really shouldnt charge me cuz Im not there ever!!!!! But wat can ya do huh.. People better show up because Im comin dam nit

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
My question is thus....if 15 people show up that makes the singles pot 15x5 = 75. Assuming the winner gets around 55-60, that means I'm risking 10 dollars to win a 60 dollar pot so I'm getting 6:1 on my money in singles. While that doesn't seem that bad, at FFC I risk 7 dollars for the chance to win over a hundred, the entry fee to pot ratio is more like 20:1.

I'm assuming by clean up you mean clean up peoples' pizza boxes and pop cans? I don't see any other way that people playing video games can make a mess. Anyways, all you need to do is set up a bigass trash bag and direct everyone to throw all their trash into the bags. It shouldn't be that hard. If someone leaves garbage lying around, clean their clock and tell them what to do with their ****.

Who all is gonna make it?

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Mike bring a set up and we'll work something out
Mo your talking like this going to be a huge tourney and you live 100s of miles away. Thats Chicago fool.
As far as clean up goes. My room always gets trashed and not everyone watches out for their open beverages. Ive got some stains that I cant explain. >_<

Dragon7507

Smash Ace
Smeash, make sure you call ron and his bros like johnny said, also, someone get ahold of leon and quin, that would be two more poeple there. Next, someone get ahold of murn and his roomies to come, then if you can think of any other people to get to come to this, call them and tell them they need to go. Remember mo, the more people we get, the bigger the pots will be, and that will make you happier, so get more poeple coming to this, we wanna try adn make it big. Also, call all of the poeple that were at smeashes before the tourney.
Dragon

viperboy_74

Smash Master
Tacoom said:
I think we should avertise, get a place, and throw a huge tourney. but not this week of course. Maybe like in March

that'd be awesome, just watch out for MC^3 and then dont forget SMYM5 in April...

hope to see u guys at MC^3

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Jan 21- Tourney Top Tier <River Falls, WI>
Feb 11- MC^3 <Paris, Illnois>
March - Crust 4 You <Omaha, NE> (Not FFC)
April - SMYM 5 <Champaign, IL>

One for every month. ^_^

Echo

Smash Champion
well, just a quick question, i may be able to come up this weekend, but my step-dads family is having xmas on sunday, and I may get stuck going to that, so it could be just tomorrow that i'll be able to come up. If so, is anything going on? I thought someone said something about a 2-day deal, but now it seems like you changed it to Sunday. Just try to let me know tonight(if anyones still awake :p) just so I know before i go to bed.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
It was going to be a 2 day thing but then aaron found out that he had other plans. If you can make it Sunday tho, thats another story.

Echo

Smash Champion
ah ok, i gotcha.... well, i guess it depends on how long i'm forced to stay for the xmas thing, i think we're going to eat lunch there and whatnot, so if maybe if I dont have to stay too long i'll be able to just head up right afterwards, what time do you think this thing is going to be starting?

Tacoom

Smash Lord
We are hoping to get this started around 2PM

Most likey to show up:
Smeash
Mike
Mo
Aaron
Yosh
Tony
That little brother of Tony

Possiable people:
Mike
Ron
Q-Man
Leon
Jason +1
Mark
Murn +2

That could be a total of 17.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
So what, how are you getting here Danile
Someone get a hold of David. I completly spaced that one off.
If everyone comes that I have in mind, that'll be a total of 23 Omaha smeashers :rotfl: :crazy:

Dragon7507

Smash Ace
Tourney Prep

Smeash, just make sure you call Ron and his bros and get them to come over. Also, evryone, try to, if possible, bring your $20 in $5 bills, that way it will make spliting the pots and the pizza money and everything easier. Thanks, and see you all tomorrow at about 2.
Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom