• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
OldSkoolAngel said:
That's why it's "Midwest" Smash Project, since Iowa is right across the river. Wiseguy, Smeesh! :psycho:

Regardless of whether the Omaha crew will own them or not, Smash without competition is like a day on dial-up. Besides, we have to put to rest Tacoom's word wars with the Iowa boys. Why don't we look forward to Iowa VS. Nebraska?
Im still fighting for Iowa....
Sir roy isnt that game called Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time. > I got that for my lil bro. Its good
Im still not sure if I want to go the tourney. When will we be getting back to omaha

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
Why, yes it is. I played the first one and loved it....

Random Person: Hey! It's Mario! And..who's that green guy behind you?
Luigi: *Gets Pissed Off*

And the second one looks to be just as good.

Could you change that little siggy of yours to September? Me an' Leon aren't 'Noobs'. And we joined in August 2005 when I first met the crew.

"I HAVE FURY!"

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
You joined in March Noob.

We'd be back the night of the 30th if we decide not to spend the night/don't have housing or the afternoon of the 31st if we do stay there. Hurry up guys I wanna know how many people are going so I know who I have to pick up and if I am taking the van or the car.

Echo

Smash Champion
count me in for this one, i'll have to be spend some time in omaha for a while anyway, because i may apply for some jobs, i'm interested in moving there, but Its not gonna happen unless i can convince someone to come with me, theres no way i'm going to pay for a place on my own. Oh well, we'll see what happens.

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
Oh boo. Big deal. I must have been looking at someone else's little siggy. Sue me.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
I may actually only have 4 spots available lol....I need to check during the day today but I think my mom may have gotten rid of the van :-/

I know the usual 3 are in, that leaves only one spot presumably taken up by Mike or what?

dmac

Smash Champion
yeah theres a thread for it in the main tourament room! its in lawrence, not KC~ taking two cars would be cool! i'm doing this one without local advertising to see how much of a pull we can get without it and to see how the location works for a tournament before we try to cram 60+ in there <_<. so im expected about 30-40, but i'd still like as many as possible. (also i was too lazy to make fliers... i'd blame naomi watts)

OldSkoolAngel

Smash Cadet
Lawrence?!

Lawrence? You're kidding me! I have Pro Wrestler friends in Lawrence! It'll be good for me to say hello to them for the New Years! ^_^

The tournament starts at noon on Friday... dude, we'd have to get up early as that's a four hour drive and the tournament starts at noon. Where are we meeting for the cars? I saw the address for the place and can get a MapQuest on it.

I used to make weekend trips to Lawrence all the time. The kicker is... are we staying over or are we one-shotting this thing? Lawrence is slightly further than Topeka and there will be a tollway involved.

ROAD TRIP!!!!

OSA

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
It's more like 3 hours really....

Mike whats the deal mang where are you gonna be? It sounds like you are pretty sure you can go I just need to know what's good.

We can spend the night if there's housing or not it makes little difference to me as long as we get back in town by Saturday evening. I'm in a 40 dollar buy in poker tournament on Jan 1st and I need to tune up Saturday night.

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
I'm in a great mood today.

Why?

1) I downloaded quite a few Roy Ditto vids, most of which with Neo, and I say, with the exception of a few technical issues, I can just about do all he does. He just mindgames better than I could possibly hope to do. I want to Ditto him just to see how I do.

2) There is a Mario Kart DS bundle that is sooooo about to be mine.

3) I'm an official reviewer of a website. They will send me stuff in the site, and I just had my first review posted today. Here's a link. My First Review! Friggen Awesome.

4) There is a strong possibility that I will be going to 06's E3.

That is all. Looking forward to that tournament this January.

Echo

Smash Champion
Did you ever find out if you have the car or the van? Just curious so I know if you'll have room for me to go to Kansas with you guys, if so I should be able to get there tomorrow night without a prob.

SM3EsH

Smash Ace
umm....yea, about everyone coming to my place on thursday is now out of the question well because i dont think we can organize any and/or everyone that the need of a tv or 2 is very likely or that even the need of 2 more cubes and smashs' are highly needed......yea...i kinda just dont know :(

and dude....**** poker....i think.....but uhhh so this is all who is going from what i have heard....

mike
mike
yosh
mo
me :p
and the uncertainty of an aaron pssst johnny you should like poke at him and see if he's a gonna go..

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
a how you guys been. My ***** Mike pimpin all the hoes at the club last week. so whats next wit smash give me the intel aight

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Been too real man...way too real unfortunately sometimes. In some ways I can't wait to get back to school...no joke.

Got trashed tonight need to practice today.....call me Mike.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Smeashes tonight? damO.
I havent seen Aaron in about a week.
isnt it going to snow over the weekend.
I think ill show up.
someone call my dead phone : P

Dragon7507

Smash Ace
Yeah, I not going to this one, but you all probably know that since I am not in the car with you right now. Someone hit me up with a rundown of tournies coming up, so that way I can plan to make some. Also, on a side note, their will be a funeral for my laptop today, it will involve me trying to put the hd from it into my desktop, but you all can mourn next week. The mobo went out on it, and thats about a $1100 fix :mad: So I will just have my current desktop adn the new one I am building. Hope you guys all take the kansas crew, and hopefully some top spots in the tourny. Later
Dragon

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Nebraska results from the KS tourney....

Mo - 4th in Singles w/ losses to dmac and Darkrain. Both were 1-2 and I was one stock away from eliminating Darkrain :-/ 2nd in teams with Aaron from KS and second in low tier to Vidjogamer.

Mike - 5th in singles w/ losses to me and Darkrain. 3rd in teams with Smeesh. He almost took a game off Dark and he got 3rd in low tier using Pikachu.

Smeesh got 7th in Singles he lost to Mike and Phat. 3rd in teams with Mike.

Other Mike - He did good in the pools by earning a second seed, but he went like 1-2 in the matches. He and Yosh teamed but I'm not sure where they finished prolly 5th.

Yosh - He got I think 9th in singles he lost to Smeesh and Darkrain. Like I said I think 5th in teams with Mike. He lost a tough one to Mike's Pika in low tier.

Echo

Smash Champion
A very long post by me.

Yeah I dont know what happened to me when the actual tourney started..... I kicked so much *** in the pools, going like 11-3 or something, with 2 of those losses going to Vidjo, so really it was only like 11-1. lol But then once we started up the tourney, I totally sucked, I guess when it actually matters I like get all nervous or something and just make a whole bunch of stupid mistakes.... hopefully that will go away from going to more of them. Oh well, this next tourney i'm gonna make up for that. :ohwell:

Guess I cant really give individual shoutouts since I didnt see how all of you did during your matches, but I will say congrats to how well you all did, especially Mo, I only got to watch the 3 matches of him and Darkrain, and they were really close.

I dont know what happened to me and Johnny in teams, though, The team of my Samus and his Yosh always rock the SNS scene, but I think that team of Falcon and Shiek, think it was DYC and Phat, are just 2 characters that gave us no chance to go up against. Mo did awful in that round we had with him though, we should have had it. lol :lick:

Also, Mike, if you think you can get me a job at No Frills, try to hook me up with some info on how that goes, the sooner I know I could have a job, the better. And for 7.25? ****. I dont know about you Omaha folk but in Columbus thats a NICE starting wage. After that I would just have to figure out what I could do as far as living there, but I've got about 2 months, unless I want to head there any sooner. I know Johnny will need a roommate, but thats not until July or somethin.

And, if you're still reading all this, I just wanted to apoligize for being so **** cramped in that car. There was a big misunderstanding with Brad, he wasnt supposed to be going to the tourney, he just wanted to see what it was like going and practicin with you guys and stuff, and then my mom was gonna be in Omaha late the next night anyway, so I was going to go back with her... but obviously things went otherwise. Sooooo, sorry for that. :(

Everyone have fun getting crunk for new years... I know I wont, I have a stupid xmas/new years party to attend... :dizzy:

EDIT - Oh and one last thing... whats the deal with crews? I've traveled with you, i've practiced with you, and even going to ****in move to Omaha... So throw me that chance to fight for that spot, I'm not gonna be goin to these tourneys with you guys for nothin. Plus I just want a T-Shirt. :chuckle:

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
I smell a low tier MM. Yoshi vs Pikachu, Mexi vs Yosh....all FD?

Darkrain is the best player in the KS/MO/IA/NE area for sure and one of the best in the midwest, top 3 I'd say. Top 20 in the nation too for shizz. On the panel's rankings he is like 13th right now.

Dammit all Mike lol....I was wondering why I didn't hear nothing about this other guy coming to the tourney when I repeatedly posted who is going who is going and got a definite yes from 4 people....You just need to practice more mang. And yeah I got smeashed the first round against you guys in teams on Story. Yosh was gettin me with some crust including a spike and you had a couple little combos on me.

And you didn't watch any of the matches cuz you were too busy hittin on that girl lol at least you got her number and didn't walk away empty handed.

As far as crews go, I'd say you're in good shape. We havent crew battled the last couple times for various reasons incl. time constraints this time and last time the fact that some people had left.

OldSkoolAngel

Smash Cadet
I wish I had more notice for that... oh well... :(

I'll just have to play my improved Bowser skills at next week's tournament. I've heard about tournaments on the 3rd and 8th... which one is it again?

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
Don't feel bad. We all want T-shirts. My Roy got alot better after watching those video's I mentioned.

Leon doesn't quite beat me as bad as he did ever since he went to SMYM3, but I want to go back to this tourney thing and kick some major ***. Bwahahaahha.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Vidjo's Roy was pretty impressive. Low tier finals was me and him Roy dittos. He won 2-0. First time I lost cuz I missed two techs that led to fsmash deaths at like 70%. Second went down to the wire but I lost.

Echo

Smash Champion
Hey.. Hey hey... Hey... uuuuh... Mike never did get back to me on that Job... ****... I guess i'm going to just come down and start applying at every store I see. It just kinda sucks becuase I dont have much time to figure out what i'm going to do, because when I told everyone i'm moving to Omaha, the first thing they ask is like, oh? where you going to work?... and then its silence. Soooo, ****. Another thing is that I wont be attending my the College in Columbus this semester, obviously... and so Im going to have to figure out what i'm going to do about college for the next semester, because I do prefer going to college, even if I could get some online courses for something. Don't you guys do something like that? Oh well, i've been dyin to take someone in smash... but no one wants to play, not even my Dad... and beleive me... i've tried... I think i'm going to take a nap.

Dragon7507

Smash Ace
Mike, me, yosh and smeash all go to ITT-Tech, but, if your poor, like we are after tuition, I would cuggest looking at metro community college. They seem like a pretty good place, adn thats where a lot of my classmates that dropped from itt cause of cost now go to. So when are the big tournies in feb and march, someone let me know so i can figure out if I can go.
dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom