• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

resTy

Smash Champion
Leave your number here and we'll text you whenever we have games.
We never post when we're having games on the boards seeing as there is no schedule and we're Nebraska.
We kind of just game whenever David has spare time to host some Epik High games.
Another thing is that games usually aren't until at least 9PM because people have jobs.

Also, if you want to play Brawl, you have to bring your own setup (Wii and Brawl) because none of us own a copy of Brawl. Just a heads up.

EDIT: There will probably be some Brawl at Dan's house sometime this week (Wednesday or Thursday maybe?) so I'll ship you a text.

Martian

Smash Cadet
leave your number here and we'll text you whenever we have games.
We never post when we're having games on the boards seeing as there is no schedule and we're nebraska.
We kind of just game whenever david has spare time to host some epik high games.
Another thing is that games usually aren't until at least 9pm because people have jobs.

Also, if you want to play brawl, you have to bring your own setup (wii and brawl) because none of us own a copy of brawl. Just a heads up.

Edit: There will probably be some brawl at dan's house sometime this week (wednesday or thursday maybe?) so i'll ship you a text.
(402)-669-6705

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Not hardly. S2J was clearly in control the whole set.

He's gonna be recognized nationwide soon i bet, if he goes to tourneys.

I really think that its rare to see a samus outplay a player. All they do is camp, which isn't outplaying, its winning.

Samus is a sad character.

§chizm

Smash Lord
wtf was that Ness glitch?
He used the Yo-Yo gltich.
Used the deadline to grab and then used the Thunderjacket later on.

Not hardly. S2J was clearly in control the whole set.

He's gonna be recognized nationwide soon i bet, if he goes to tourneys.

I really think that its rare to see a samus outplay a player. All they do is camp, which isn't outplaying, its winning.

Samus is a sad character.
Winning is all that matters though.

resTy

Smash Champion
Every character has control when they fight Samus; it's been a fact for years.
The players just get way too antsy when she has high % and [get] fucked up is all.
Ninjas need to learn the game so that they can quit losing to a pathetically terrible character.

And Schism speaks truth.
Except wobbling is still gay.

Also, it sounds like you think it doesn't take a lot of skill to play Samus IMO.
You know how hard it is to sit there for 6 minutes waiting for a mistake?
That in itself is tech skill and is how Samus players outplay their opponents.
Put yourself in our shoes bruh. We only play with the cards we're dealt is all.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
No, its because it takes 150+ to kill her each stock and kill moves are limited and hard to get when samus does only what she can. Camp/turtle.

Camping and looking for oppurtunities is like playing brawl(how to be decent at it), or playing anyone who covers options and spaces well.

I don't know why your saying its so hard for samus. its no harder for samus than it is ganon, and it only takes a couple hits.

I could go on, but its really not that important. Samus isn't that hard to play high level technically, which makes mindgames a bigger facter for the character and generally thats what wins matches for players.

resTy

Smash Champion
I lol'd at the camping part.
You're way too much in your own comfort zone to look outside the box.
Every competitive game has a campy style and you know what? It's legit.
Automatically relating it to Brawl upsets me because unlike that piece of shit game, you have to be skilled to pull off camping in Melee, especially with a garbage ass character like Samus.
Only pussy ass whiners will bitch about it like you are.
You play to win no matter what it takes son; playing competitively isn't about losing after all.
Playing Samus is tough and nobody in our area could make her look any better than I have.
Saying it takes little skill to play her on a high level baffles me and only makes you look ignorant.
That said, Samus is a bad character. Stop losing to that piece of shit then you can talk.

EDIT: You're gonna declare a money match.
I'm scared so I'm not gonna do it xD

resTy

Smash Champion
You can call me a camping bitch and talk shit about me and my friends/family, but when you talk about Samus, you've gone too far...

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
You made so many assumptions.

You think you know everything tyser. Your post proves it.

Im not *****ing about samus. I realize what she is good at and why she uses it. because she wins. Im not johning or complaining, just stating facts. She is a narrow minded character because she's horrible at approaching, and is really only decent at turtle/camping.

I think its funny how friendlies at my home are serious. Even if its a tourney **** ain't real unless money is down or tourney set. I play alot different when money is on the line.

Only reason why you won't throw down is cuz you suck when money is on the line :) Admit it tyser!

resTy

Smash Champion
You think you know everything tyser.
That's because I am always right, duh.

Only reason why you won't throw down is cuz you suck when money is on the line.
I don't suck when money is on the line; I just play worse ;_;

EDIT: Since we hate each other so much, JBM, we should team at Hot Dickings. No joke.
We could be Team Hatred and take the tournament easy peasy. Ship?

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Samus IS campy and gay in many, many ways and it really pisses me off. That said, she's way exploitable so it's up to the player to exploit her.

Someone explain to me how this Ness glitch works lol

Leacero

Smash Lord
You do a charge up-smash and release it after the first hitbox comes out to hit the opponent but before the second hitbox hits the opponent. This drops the second hitbox on the floor, upon which you can do a variety moves to attach the hitbox to yourself. In that match, Ness did the setup with usmash and did a PK Thunder 2 into the edge to attach it to himself with that moves power. Essentially he was a walking PK Thunder 2 hitbox. I suck at explaining.

Also I'm still here if anyone wants to play, leaving in 3 1/2 weeks.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Samus is really campy, but i think saying it's as bad as brawl is a bit of an overstatement. IMO, melee can never be as campy as brawl, that game is just awful in singles. Teams, I still have fun with it.

Samus is srsly extremely campy, and that's what makes playing against her so frustrating. I get really annoyed when I'm just getting camped/turtled. But like tyser said, you do what you gotta do. That's why brawl sucks is because camping is such a superior tactic in that game, since you can really punish with much more than a throw.

I haven't played Tyser's samus in yonder, he always plays fox against me cause he's scared. But I play worse with money on the line too, so I know how you feel.

That being said, JBM you're cool. Tyser, I still hate you. You f***ing troll.

resTy

Smash Champion
yo Tyser what was the match you could hear dmac in?
♥ Dmac.

Samus is really campy, but i think saying it's as bad as brawl is a bit of an overstatement. IMO, melee can never be as campy as brawl, that game is just awful in singles. Teams, I still have fun with it.

Samus is srsly extremely campy, and that's what makes playing against her so frustrating. I get really annoyed when I'm just getting camped/turtled. But like tyser said, you do what you gotta do. That's why brawl sucks is because camping is such a superior tactic in that game, since you can really punish with much more than a throw.

I haven't played Tyser's samus in yonder, he always plays fox against me cause he's scared. But I play worse with money on the line too, so I know how you feel.

That being said, JBM you're cool. Tyser, I still love you. You fucking sexy man.
Bolt is correct, except for the "Tyser is scared so he plays Fox vs. me" part.
My Fox is terrible so you have to hop that hurdle before you reach the final boss.
It's a privilege, not some kind of charity son.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Mo, I just realized I never asked what you thought about Nebraska moving to the big 10? Are you coming up to Ames for the last ISU vs Huskers conference game?

Also Tyser, no johns. I know you're scared. It's okay, I don't use my Mewtwo against you cause you won't use your samus. My mewtwo is my best char.

I wanna do bowser dittos.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

resTy

Smash Champion
Hot Dick got moved to October.
Just a heads up.

Also, Nebraskon 2010 is the first weekend of November if you're interested.
If you pre-register before July 31st, it's $29 for all three days.
Or, we can get a group pass and get in for $26 for each of us for three days.
Group needs 8 people minimum and we've got plenty of people who are willing already.
If you want in, ship a post or talk to me or Yulai some place else.

If you don't know what Nebraskon is and want to see what it was like last year:
Nerds being nerds at a nerdfest.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
well I found this thread and figured I should post this here.

If games don't happen at Mexi's tomorrow/friday we can throw down at my place, I've got 3 TV's possible and 1 Wii/1 GC...

402-305-5522 if interested in a good time. I don't want to post my address on here because I'm afraid of gang ****. I've seen videos, really, really hot videos.

resTy

Smash Champion
BREAKING NEWS!
Mango got Super Banned!
That means his account is gone for the rest of time.
Mods are such dicks.

MaJiK

Smash Ace
BREAKING NEWS!
Mango got Super Banned!
That means his account is gone for the rest of time.
Mods are such dicks.
how? what he do?

sign me up for Nebraskon
I need a costume if you guys come up with an awsome idea for me i'll do it otherwise I'm going as Coop

<-Coop

resTy

Smash Champion
He entered a tournament in California and got 2nd.
He aliased the name Scorpion Master and used Mario the whole tournament.
He then came to the boards with a alt named, ScorpionMaster.
The mods didn't take kindly to Mango getting 2nd with a sick Mario, so they banned him.
Right now, his main account, MaNg0, is Super Banned (permanently banned).
His alt is also banned and he is currently running around with the account, ScorpEhDorp.

And I just realized how terrible I am at running things.
Talk to Yulai about the group pre-registration :')
Otherwise, you can just pre-register on your own for $29 at the Nebraskon website.

EDIT: People may trace my alt back to this account so this thread might get busy in a minute xD

MaJiK

Smash Ace
damm you asians

we need to decide on costumes you can't go unless you got a costume

I vote JBM goes as Franky from one piece (no homo)

Top Bottom