• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Support [Pikmen]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
but it balances out, pikachu has basically THE ONLY electric attacks, so thats unfair, but bowser, mario, even zelda have fire attacks, so it is move spread out.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
i took the description to mean that yellow would have electric effect to its attacks, red would have firey effect, blue would have no effect, white would have poison effect, and purple would have much more powerful attacks. I dont remember seeing anything about individual pikmin being imune to certain attacks.

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
it says RIGHT on the front page

High attack power
Attacks imbued with incendiary properties
Immune to fire

for red pikmin

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Yeah... I guess the yellow pikmin might be too overpowered if they were immune to electricity... I mean they already have an impressive list of abilities:

"Range of attack slightly larger than usual;
easy to hit enemies with
Travel in slight arcs when thrown
Attacks imbued with electrical properties "

jmdm78

Smash Cadet

Ok I'll share my toughts
but before for the ones asking about the flowers, In the game the pikmin start having a leave, then a "bulb" (sorry for any mistake English is not my main) and then a Flower, they change over the time so i think in smash it will be the same I your pikmin survives enough time they will get the flower...
Pikmin with flowers are Faster, Stronger, etc...

I think you can throw pikmin with Standar Attack (A) like Items but makes me doubt about side A ...
or at least Other characters can? what do you think?
I think the purple pikmin will be like bonsly (you can throw it for massive damage but short ranged)
The guy who said that yellow pikmin could carry bombs (note: not bob-ombs) is a genious
why? because in the game Y.Pikmin can carry bombs so it sounds logical...
I wonder if Olimar's taunt will be affected by Having/lacking pikmins..

If you have any questions about Pikmin games ask me... I woul like to see what do you think

Edit: Speculating about his FSmash ... In pikmin 2 there were items called Sprays, 2 types Purple and Pink. The purple petrifies the enemy and the pink gives your pikmin a Power Boost... So I think The FSmash of Olimar could be the Sprays.. used both together...
(note: if sprays are used on enemy pikmin they will get buried , this could happen in brawl too :) )
Sorry if any of this points is repeated i've just found this thread and already has 100 pgs

supersonicdjs

Smash Journeyman
If Kirby sucks up a pikmin, will Olimar be sucked up too? What would a Pikmin's B move be?

And if Kirby sucks up Olimar, would Kirby have new Pikimn? Because If the costume is thrown away, what happens to the Pikmin? They rip their skin off?

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
whatever the case, oplimar beats the crap out of most other characters (in my opinion, i would have siad ALL other chartacters, but everyone is entitled to there own opinion)

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
I love the fact that pikmin are in. I forgot all about them. How do yall think pikmin's death will work. We got a clip of them attacking diddy kong. But if its just like the game. Then all diddy kong will have to do is a couple of smash attacks. then they will die. What I was wondering is can captain olmar call them off of someone and back to his side. And repeat. But wow, im loving brawl. So many fun characters.

jmdm78

Smash Cadet
I think pikim would die quite easily ...
and also think olimar can pluck them out quickly because of that..

and about kirby i think pikmin alone would act like items so if kirby swallows one, the pikmin would appear in his hand as if he has grabed an item... and the he can throw it
and if he swallows olimar he can pluck pikmins from the ground..

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Whoa! I just thought of something. What if Wario can eat pikmin with that bite move of his. Then spit them out as those evil mushroom pikmin from the first game. That nasty garlic breath should mutate the pikmin it seems.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I think that the red ones are the only ones with any immunity, although I wonder if Ike's fire sword attacks count, I mean even if the pikmin is immune to fire its not immune to being cut in half.

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
depends how the move is classified, maybe only projectiles that are fire and the fire flower are uneffective to the pikmin

jmdm78

Smash Cadet

just a random tought If Luigi has te Poltergeist he could Absorb the Pikmin Ghosts! or even better absorb pikmin...alive... then fire Fire,Water,Etc.. Don't go mad just a Funny Idea :)

chrisdude25

Smash Rookie
i hope luigi gets poltergeist since mario got the fludd.... and the elemental pikmin ghosts would just bring more power to luigi's aresenal.

since the purple pikmin don't necessarily have an element, maybe they would make the poltergeist heavier, slowing down luigi, but providing for a large rock-shotgun blast...

i.e. a shotgun spread but with rocks

Camera_Guy

Smash Journeyman
i hope luigi gets poltergeist since mario got the fludd.... and the elemental pikmin ghosts would just bring more power to luigi's aresenal.

since the purple pikmin don't necessarily have an element, maybe they would make the poltergeist heavier, slowing down luigi, but providing for a large rock-shotgun blast...

i.e. a shotgun spread but with rocks
Ya Luigi's vacuum can act just like Kirby's B with items.

Smash Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Peacehaven, East Sussex, Good ol' England
Keep talking about Luigi,

I dare you.

Olimar is teh Brawlz!
I lolled at that :laugh:

But yeah, anyways, what do you guys think about P&O's grabs?

I think the Pikmin will hold their opponents above their heads like they did with dead enemies/items in the Pimin games. They would be able to walk around like DK and would be able to suicide off the edge without Olimar losing a stock!

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
I lolled at that :laugh:

I think the Pikmin will hold their opponents above their heads like they did with dead enemies/items in the Pimin games. They would be able to walk around like DK and would be able to suicide off the edge without Olimar losing a stock!
That'd be pretty cool.
Also when you hit them during the grab, Pikmin latch on taking immediate damage.

Smash Ninja

Smash Journeyman
That'd be pretty cool.
Also when you hit them during the grab, Pikmin latch on taking immediate damage.
Yeah, nice idea!

Their down throw could be the Pikmin pinning the enemy on the ground and beating them up on the ground XD

Plus, upthrow could be just a regular upthrow, but Olimar launches the Pikmin vertically at rapid succession so they latchon and make the opponent fastfall straight back down to Olimar for more beatings!!!! :chuckle:

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
Yeah, nice idea!

Their down throw could be the Pikmin pinning the enemy on the ground and beating them up on the ground XD

Plus, upthrow could be just a regular upthrow, but Olimar launches the Pikmin vertically at rapid succession so they latchon and make the opponent fastfall straight back down to Olimar for more beatings!!!! :chuckle:
Does anybody hear god character anywhere?

Colenstien

Smash Ace

The Pikmin start to carry DK

DK: You know, from the other end of this it's quite annoying.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
But Luigi's down B was so much better than Mario's it would be a shame to remove it, but then again he likely isn't going to be a clone anymore.

Smash Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Does anybody hear god character anywhere?
I heard god character on Wednesday! XD

But yeah, anyway, I think Oli's grab/throws should be exceptionally good to make up for some weaker attacks (tilts, neutral combos) and occassional vunerability.

But even though he does have these weaknesses, I do still think he has enough strengths and mindgame potential to be a really good character!

He's definately MY main!

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Now, I'm not implying that this gentleman is a prophet or anything of that nature. Not in the least. But take a look at Vali's moveset for Olimar and then the one on the Dojo.

http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2409228&postcount=354

Compare the two. Freakish coincidence, eh? Granted, it's not EXACTLY the same but it is pretty **** close. I always thought that, if Olimar and his Pikmin buddies got in, I envisioned their moveset to be just like what Vali described. Sakurai and Company must be a group of powerful telepaths or some ****. They ripped the idea from his brain! :lol:

On topic:

Colenstein, that would be just wrong. Seriously. If that were P&O's throw, I'd constantly be looking over my shoulder (or at my feet) for multicolored gremlins out for their cut of the cash that they loaned me.

Smooth Criminal

Smash Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Now, I'm not implying that this gentleman is a prophet or anything of that nature. Not in the least. But take a look at Vali's moveset for Olimar and then the one on the Dojo.

Compare the two. Freakish coincidence, eh? Granted, it's not EXACTLY the same but it is pretty **** close. I always thought that, if Olimar and his Pikmin buddies got in, I envisioned their moveset to be just like what Vali described. Sakurai and Company must be a group of powerful telepaths or some ****. They ripped the idea from his brain! :lol:

On topic:

Colenstein, that would be just wrong. Seriously. If that were P&O's throw, I'd constantly be looking over my shoulder (or at my feet) for multicolored gremlins out for their cut of the cash that they loaned me.

Smooth Criminal
I agree with the bit about Vali. I guess they were both trying to stay as true to the series as possible.

And, er... I thought of that throw :ohwell: (he quoted me)... but no matter, I dont mind. ;) 'Tis OK.

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
But Luigi's down B was so much better than Mario's it would be a shame to remove it, but then again he likely isn't going to be a clone anymore.

Go talk about this in some Luigi topic, get on outta here, city slicker.

Btw, that moveset I'm checking out and comparing.
It shouldn't mean anything.
Everybody saw this kind of moveset coming anyways.

Smash Ninja

Smash Journeyman

Go talk about this in some Luigi topic, get on outta here, city slicker.

Lol!!!! That first part made me laugh quite a bit! That picture is so funny XD

Anyways, I agree, anyone who thought otherwise must have known that it was going to be this way, and this way only.
Although at first I did have a different idea for his moveset... it was more attack-based, nd each attack used different pikmin... but after a while, I realised that this was the ONLY way for Olimar!

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
>.>;

No, no, no, no. I'm not trying to make some sorta cryptic allusion or anything like that, Noob. It's just...freakishly coincidental. That's all. Vali's about as psychic as the main character from Psyche---and if you watch that show, you'll know that he's far from clairvoyant and has the stupidest luck in all of the world. :laugh:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

On topic:

Smooth Criminal

The movesets didnt seem that similar to me, he had the rocket as B^, pluck as Bv (We all did) and whistle as B. You might not be looking at which B direction they were on though, and more at what moves he chose. Eithr way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom