• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Support [Pikmen]

Status
Not open for further replies.

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
Olimar is exactley as I wanted him and I think I will main and I will pwn all with him. Playing Olimar isn't just playing you have to be tatically smart and strategic to win a match. I'm bummed about there being a 6 pikmin limit though.

Hey Vali I didn't 4get you either check a few posts back and you will see that I mentioned you. Also I think that we should make it so that everyone will see each other's wii friend code that only members can see. In addittion you have to pm someone for permission to add them. That way this pacifist group will have a 4vs olimar match of ownage. Plus to see the better Olimar player is. Good idea huh.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Olimar is exactley as I wanted him and I think I will main and I will pwn all with him. Playing Olimar isn't just playing you have to be tatically smart and strategic to win a match. I'm bummed about there being a 6 pikmin limit though.
Like Sakurai was actually going to give the power to flood the stage with Pikmin without having to use a smash ball? Yea right.

chrisdude25

Smash Rookie
olimar seems like a good character, but i was thinking today; once olimar has wasted/used all his pikmin, will he be completely useless until he picks more?

other than that prospect, olimar is going to be one of the characters that i will look forward to using.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
olimar seems like a good character, but i was thinking today; once olimar has wasted/used all his pikmin, will he be completely useless until he picks more?

other than that prospect, olimar is going to be one of the characters that i will look forward to using.
Not necessarily, you just call the Pikmin back with his whistle, problem easily solved.

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
Hmmmmmm I would say ^B can attk. You just have to think of the possibilities
the pikmin could latch on to you and olimar gets lunged toward you and bam what a move.

chrisdude25

Smash Rookie
Hmmmmmm I would say ^B can attk. You just have to think of the possibilities
the pikmin could latch on to you and olimar gets lunged toward you and bam what a move.
i think olimar should get his own moveset, if not just one or two non-pikmin moves.

for a final smash olimar could use that rocket he had in the games as a weapon...

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
I just read the posts back and my fav pikmin color is blue I will find out all the pikmin sweet spots in order to increase my strategy. Can olimar throw a pikmin while in the air?!?

chrisdude25

Smash Rookie
Olimar should have a final smash of him being surrounded by pikmin and then he basically keeps flinging them repeatedly.
i agree that sounds good, but i meant if he has no pikmin and gets a smashball.....if he even gets his own fighting abilities.

but mayb he would use his whistle to call 100 pikmin from the area and they would attack everyone in a frenzy.

Oh! b4 i forget, i was wondering if anyone here thinks that they will have bulbaxes or any other pikmin enemies as assist trophies. seeing as how the enemies must be in SSE at one point or another.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Here's my take on Olimar's FS:

The Pikmin Armor
Olimar puts his hand on the ground and leaps up. He pulld out an endless wave of Pikmin that scatter around the stage (does damage). Then, they surround Olimar and turn him into a giant... Thingy made of Pikmin! Then, you can walk around and attack people. Every time you attack, Pikmin fall off. The attack ends when you run out of Pikmin.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Is it time to call in the lawsuit for Sakurai stealing my moveset or what? :grin:

Appreciate the mention on the first post too ^^. Really happy for all us Pikmin fans that he's in and faith in a non-botched moveset seems to have paid off.

Also cheers Wiseguy for remembering me ;D Sorry haven't really visited in a while.
It's Vali! I was just posting like a day ago how I wish you would come back and rejoice at Olimar's inclusion. You were pretty much dead on with your Olimar moveset.

I hope you remember me, and good to see you again!

Vali

Smash Ace
It's Vali! I was just posting like a day ago how I wish you would come back and rejoice at Olimar's inclusion. You were pretty much dead on with your Olimar moveset.

I hope you remember me, and good to see you again!
Olimar's inclusion wouldn't keep me away for long :grin:. Good to see you again too and it's great to see that the Pikmin support community is booming as well. I was actually really surprised at how much it was the same, even down to different parts of the stage altering the chances of getting certain pikmin.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Olimar's inclusion wouldn't keep me away for long :grin:. Good to see you again too and it's great to see that the Pikmin support community is booming as well. I was actually really surprised at how much it was the same, even down to different parts of the stage altering the chances of getting certain pikmin.
You were dead on the money, I think the only thing you misguessed was the Up-B if I'm correct. But still, great job!

Olimar's support was booming before his announcement even, but once he was given the spotlight people went and have been going crazy for him.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Am I a member yet?

I want to know if I can put the pikmen thing in my sig.

Plus, although I don't think this will happen(it wouldn't make sense), but what if Olimar summoned a monster from pikmin as a FS. It would be awesome if it was a man-o-war or a burrowing snargret or something.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Is it time to call in the lawsuit for Sakurai stealing my moveset or what? :grin:

Appreciate the mention on the first post too ^^. Really happy for all us Pikmin fans that he's in and faith in a non-botched moveset seems to have paid off.

Also cheers Wiseguy for remembering me ;D Sorry haven't really visited in a while.
VALI IS ALIVE!!! :chuckle: Great to see ya, man.

Olimar's moveset is so friggin awessome! And you're right, he basically took you're ideas. Threaten to sue, unless Nintendo makes Pikmin 3, pronto.

By the way, which is everyone's favorite alt costume? I think the red & black looks pretty awesome, myself.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
VALI IS ALIVE!!! :chuckle: Great to see ya, man.

Olimar's moveset is so friggin awessome! And you're right, he basically took you're ideas. Threaten to sue, unless Nintendo makes Pikmin 3, pronto.
I cant wait for pikmin 3(I know their gonna make it, especially now that Olimar is in brawl)

I wonder if there will be any motion controls.

Vali

Smash Ace
You were dead on the money, I think the only thing you misguessed was the Up-B if I'm correct. But still, great job!
Well can't get everything right. ;p I still prefer my B^ since it's more true to the game and all, but I guess having a pikmin tether chain is unique enough a replacement for my liking.

Olimar's support was booming before his announcement even, but once he was given the spotlight people went and have been going crazy for him.
Good to know. ^^ Before there was a lot of support, but it was literally a handful of us keeping the Captain Olimar thread alive since people generally showed no interest in posting apart from pledging some support. Now there's a whole fanclub community and everything and I do believe this post is already quite a bit bigger than the whole of the Captain Olimar? thread.

Guess the one thing I really failed to predict was his name, would've liked Captain Olimar rather than Pikmin & Olimar (since Olimar is really the star of the show and the actual playable character) but oh well.

Now THERE is an idea. Assemble the giant Olimar robot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom