• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Support [Pikmen]

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisdude25

Smash Rookie
u kno kirby might not be able to copy olimar... kirby only gets their basic B move, so will he only b able top pick pikmin?

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Well can't get everything right. ;p I still prefer my B^ since it's more true to the game and all, but I guess having a pikmin tether chain is unique enough a replacement for my liking.
You thought is was going to be the Dolphin, correct?

Machspeed

Smash Lord
By the way, which is everyone's favorite alt costume? I think the red & black looks pretty awesome, myself.
I love the red & black alt costume too. (GO BULLDOGS!) *ahem*

Hmm, hopefully Olimar will be playable at that Japanese demo before release so we can get some footage of him in action? His physics and moves are awesome, and I'd like to see some of it in motion.

chrisdude25

Smash Rookie
Here's my take on Olimar's FS:

The Pikmin Armor
Olimar puts his hand on the ground and leaps up. He pulld out an endless wave of Pikmin that scatter around the stage (does damage). Then, they surround Olimar and turn him into a giant... Thingy made of Pikmin! Then, you can walk around and attack people. Every time you attack, Pikmin fall off. The attack ends when you run out of Pikmin.
i like this idea alot..... but maybe into a giant olimar? Bulbax? other pikmin enemy?

Draenic gamer

Smash Cadet
Hey, do you guys think Bulbmin will make an appearance? Much like Peach's rarer plucks, the bulbmin were parasitic pikmin that infected (dwarf?)bulborbs that only appeared underground. Though it was strange to have the predators on your side, they had none of the weaknesses of regular pikmin(they could all swim, go through fire, etc.)

IllidR

Smash Champion
Hey, do you guys think Bulbmin will make an appearance? Much like Peach's rarer plucks, the bulbmin were parasitic pikmin that infected (dwarf?)bulborbs that only appeared underground. Though it was strange to have the predators on your side, they had none of the weaknesses of regular pikmin(they could all swim, go through fire, etc.)
I really don't think it will. Sakurai described there will be five types of Pikmin Olimar could pluck out. Now I know they're not actually Pikmin but he stressed the number five.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Thats a GREAT idea!

Although it might make him too overpowered, since your probably going to be picking pikmin pretty often.

chrisdude25

Smash Rookie
i could not remember what these things were called but i was thinking the same thing earlier today. the bulbmin would have to be stronger than red/blue/yellow pikmin but faster and weaker than purple.

Vali

Smash Ace
You thought is was going to be the Dolphin, correct?
I would've liked it to be, would've come wooshing out of nowhere with the Onions and transport any falling pikmin and Olimar upwards before the Dolphin explodes into a few random parts. Seemed to make sense to me, but on reflection it would probably further mess up the scale of things having a mini-Dolphin and mini-Onions come along since there'd be no way they could be full size. Perhaps they're saving the Dolphin for the final smash attack, considering that it did have some sort of powerful attack ray that was never used in the game but was one of the collectable parts I remember. Hopefully his final smash will be revealed next week, but until then it's always fun to speculate :grin:.

Oh and definitely silver for the alt costume.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I was re looking over the update and I figured some things out.
First of all if you look at the picture that just shows him walking with 6 pikmin behind him, you can see that the ones he picked first are flowers and that the ones at the end are buds and leaves. This could prove that they gradually get better the longer that they are alive.

Second, what is the stage in the alt costume picture? Skyworld has a different background and the SSE doesn't support four players.

IllidR

Smash Champion
I would've liked it to be, would've come wooshing out of nowhere with the Onions and transport any falling pikmin and Olimar upwards before the Dolphin explodes into a few random parts. Seemed to make sense to me, but on reflection it would probably further mess up the scale of things having a mini-Dolphin and mini-Onions come along since there'd be no way they could be full size. Perhaps they're saving the Dolphin for the final smash attack, considering that it did have some sort of powerful attack ray that was never used in the game but was one of the collectable parts I remember. Hopefully his final smash will be revealed next week, but until then it's always fun to speculate :grin:.

Oh and definitely silver for the alt costume.
I agree with that, I definitely think the Dolphin will be and would be the best final smash for Olimar, using some ray or even making a crash landing on your enemies. Well, unless they were to impliment a Power Ranger's Megazord type suit for Olimar made of Pikmin, that's the best thing I can think of!

Is that silver? I thought it was bluish, excuse me though I'm slightly color-deficient.

Matt2358 said:
I was re looking over the update and I figured some things out.
First of all if you look at the picture that just shows him walking with 6 pikmin behind him, you can see that the ones he picked first are flowers and that the ones at the end are buds and leaves. This could prove that they gradually get better the longer that they are alive.
That doesn't really prove anything. First of all, order can be switched with the Pikmin and they're seen in other screen shots with flowers in the back and leaves in the front. Also, it could mean they are longer surviving, yes, but they also could have obtained some sort of item of nectar to give them their flowers. We can't really tell as of now but it is definitely a possiblilty.

Second, what is the stage in the alt costume picture? Skyworld has a different background and the SSE doesn't support four players.
That is Skyworld, it is simply the lower platform of it. Look closer and you'll see the columns match up and the pool in the background is there.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Here are some icons I made if anyone wishes to use them:

EDIT: And I'll be sticking with traditonal Olimar, but if I had to pick, I'd say the Silver one.

Vali

Smash Ace
Is that silver? I thought it was bluish, excuse me though I'm slightly color-deficient.
Looks pretty silvery to me but it's definitely his blue costume with the blue light on the antenna, so it's probably silvery blue or bluey silver and neither (or both) of us are right. It's still the best, whatever it is ^^.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
What do you guys think would happen if you threw a pikmin at fox and he uses his shine?the purple one would probably bounce but what about the others? Also Kirby has the potential to be a pikmin killing machine if he can swallow more than one at the same time.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
What do you guys think would happen if you threw a pikmin at fox and he uses his shine?the purple one would probably bounce but what about the others? Also Kirby has the potential to be a pikmin killing machine if he can swallow more than one at the same time.
I'm guessing they'll just be reflected unless they've already taken subtantial damage, in which, I guess they just die.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
If thrown, I think they will bounce off. If they attack him though, I think the shine will be useless. That's my theory.

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
Vali is back hooray. Do you remember me?? I prefer the sillver costume blue has always been my fav color. I think I posted a somewhat detailed description of the pikminzord a few threads back. Vali you should really sue then again you didn't have a patent on it oh well.

darkspines35

Smash Rookie
At first I didn't think I would like Olimar very much, but after I saw his unique style of Brawling. I beleive he'll be a more used character even though Sonic will be my most played as character. So, Ilike Olimar in Brawl more than I thought.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
At first I didn't think I would like Olimar very much, but after I saw his unique style of Brawling. I beleive he'll be a more used character even though Sonic will be my most played as character. So, Ilike Olimar in Brawl more than I thought.
Well, I knew he was going to be unique, but he actually came off better than expected for me. OLIMAR FTTT!

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Olimar's Pikmin Plucking move (neutral B move) looks like it will actually be pretty quick from the screenshot! The Red and white pikmin are still in the air from being plucked while Olimar is plucking the blue one. Which is good, since his moveset relies on them so heavily.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Olimar's Pikmin Plucking move (neutral B move) looks like it will actually be pretty quick from the screenshot! The Red and white pikmin are still in the air from being plucked while Olimar is plucking the blue one. Which is good, since his moveset relies on them so heavily.
yeah I noticed that too. Do you guys think that purple pikmin will be rare on every terrain? they sound better then the others.

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
i tihkn they would all have even chances, but i am still hoping you will get REALLY lucky and pop out a bulbmin...

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
yeah I noticed that too. Do you guys think that purple pikmin will be rare on every terrain? they sound better then the others.
Hmmm... I'm not sure. I'm thinking that maybe their slow speed will even out their power (like Ike). They also aren't resistant to anything (Ex: Red resistant to fire, and Yellow resistant to electricity). So I'm thinking they probably will still have a terrain that they are more common on.

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
in brawl though sakurai never stated the yellow were resistant to electricity. he said that there attacks are IMBUED (To permeate or saturate) with electricity, which i assume is like when they hit, the give out a zap XD.. also that means pikachu is attackless against olimar with all yellow pikmin XD

DAM*! beaten to it AGAIN!

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
You know, The Dojo didn't say Yellow are immune to electricity, and Blue are immune to water.
I hope they still are.
I'm guessing they are. Think about it:

Yellowy: Hahaha!!! I shall zap you with my ultimate electric prowess!
Pikachu: *uses Thundershock*
Yellowy: *dies*

It doesn't seem right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom