• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar is the best character in the game

PeeInMyPudding

Smash Rookie
too bad you can't hit him

this is how it goes:

he throws pikmin at you
you run up to him, he grabs you
you jump over grab, he shields so you cant use an aerial. Then, he grabs you
you jump over grab and land back on the ground to grab HIM. he grabs you first.

So, how do you hit him?

You can't.

PeeInMyPudding

Smash Rookie
he throws pikmin at you and keeps on damaging you. It is enough to avoid rockets, unless you're playing with items :/

PeeInMyPudding

Smash Rookie
in the beginning of melee sheik won tournaments, fox didnt. Look what ended up happening there....

the game is still new yet BTW......not every character's potential has been unlocked

asob4

Smash Champion
pikachu is pretty easy
pikmin stop his campy projectile and the yellows stay for almost all his attacks
fairly easy to DI out of his down smash and down b is predictable. pikmin out-range everything pika has
pika has speed and that's about it in this match up. even then it's easy to get around.
olimar for god tier

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
D3 -> Chain grab, bair to bair-bair0bair til victory.
Snake -> Down+b, uptilt, down+b kills him at 40%? Upwards?
Wolf -> Beams and Fsmash cancels out pikmen. (Nair into a,a,a makes you not be eble to hit him if you shield the nair)
MK-> Wall of pain? Forget that, just hit Olimar two or three times and grab the ledge.

The major thing is.. is that he wins most projectile fights. If you get in close and he hits you with pikmin? Keep going in.. He's diminishing. Not great advice, but if you are having problems HITTING someone. Fight some level 6 CPUs and work your way up?

Puddin

Smash Lord
too bad you can't hit him

this is how it goes:

he throws pikmin at you
you run up to him, he grabs you
you jump over grab, he shields so you cant use an aerial. Then, he grabs you
you jump over grab and land back on the ground to grab HIM. he grabs you first.

So, how do you hit him?

You can't.
I think if thats all your doing to avoid being hit whoever your fighting woefully sucks. I mean come on, what your saying could only be done against a five year old, a terrible player, or a level one CPU. Jump behind them and then grab?! don't you think they would do something to stop you or get away? and what happens when you fight Fox and clones? they're faster and have projectiles :ohwell: yeah Olimar is great, but if your opponent cant even HIT you they are terrible...

DarkStraw

Smash Apprentice
Looks like you dont know any approach tatics beyond the basics. You can jump near him and airdoge before you hit the ground and start jabbing. for characters like ike their jab will come out faster than olimars grab. you can run into olimar and spot doge, If your someone who can outspam olimar then olimar will have to approach you, the only one i can think of thats close is wolf... GW can eat olimars shield with his Bair. thats just a few examples

PeeInMyPudding

Smash Rookie
"You can jump near him and airdoge before you hit the ground and start jabbing."

Shield

"you can run into olimar and spot doge"

is spot dodge airdodging just on the ground? if it is, then by the time you run up to olimar there will be a wall of pikmin on you, then, forward a smash

If your someone who can outspam olimar then olimar will have to approach you, the only one i can think of thats close is wolf... GW can eat olimars shield with his Bair. thats just a few examples

wolf can outspam him, so ig uess that would be a tough fight for olimar but everyone has their weaknesses. not many can outspam oliamr

PeeInMyPudding

Smash Rookie
and i never said that all my matches with olimar he never even gets hit....my point was that sometimes you may get a good shot in and almost always you will get to kill him multiple times, but there is no consistent way to beat his defense

PeeInMyPudding

Smash Rookie
Snake is a very good character.....but i think olimar puts up a decent fight. if olimar iddnt have tehter, id say he wins for sure. right now its pretty close, but i just think the olimar will emerge victorious

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Looks like you dont know any approach tatics beyond the basics. You can jump near him and airdoge before you hit the ground and start jabbing. for characters like ike their jab will come out faster than olimars grab. you can run into olimar and spot doge, If your someone who can outspam olimar then olimar will have to approach you, the only one i can think of thats close is wolf... GW can eat olimars shield with his Bair. thats just a few examples
Hmm....I'm about to post a video of me tomorrow wolf v olimar and I'm not very good at it, but if you do it right, you can outspam a wolf with the pikmen.

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
If Olimar's Up-B was footstooling his pikmin, I would agree, but what he has now brings him down below people like Snake and Meta...

FrostByte

Smash Lord
Lol, all you're saying is "olimar can do this to counter that" without being realistic at all.

Let's just say Marth's over B ***** olimar's pikmin, therefore Olimar gets 3 stocked because all he can do is try and tilt while getting a sword in the face.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Olimar will always be under casted with Snake, MK, G&W, and others above him. He will NEVER evolve or get a metagame that can compete at the same level as Snake and the others up there. If he does, I will eat your hat. :p

PeeInMyPudding

Smash Rookie
currently, yeah metaknight and snake are better, but in melee sheik was the best for a loooooooooong time until fox completely took her down. Falco, who was not even top tier in the beginning, managed to pass her up. Tier lists change a lot, and an officail one hasnt even been made up. I think olimar will go way up.

WhoseReality?

Smash Apprentice
MARTH 3 stocking Olimar? Yea right, keep dreaming buddy. Fun story: played against a guy playing Marth in a tournament - never spiked someone so frequently in my life.

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
Marth is actually an easy match-up, I think. But the match-up chart seems to think otherwise >.< I've 3 stocked lots of Marths, I can't even remember getting beaten by one.

LAW-WOLF

Smash Rookie
ok man this has gone on 2 long olly is not the best on the game if he is just a little lower then the stage and u are smart hes dead my friend plays tl and can kill my olly in a 2 hit combo off the edge

now lets see u can gimp him
u can kill the pikmen
and if ur smart u will play the defence

and also the best player on the game gos to meta or snake +meta is an olly counter cuz the tiny pikmen dont stand a chance with that blade swinging around

Top Bottom