• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar is the best character in the game

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
and if ur smart u will play the defence
I don't want this whole thing to turn into an argument,(cuz Olimar is indeed not the best)
but you kinda have to play offense against Olimar the whole time unless you're fox/falco. :ohwell:

WhoseReality?

Smash Apprentice
Lol, all you're saying is "olimar can do this to counter that" without being realistic at all.

Let's just say Marth's over B ***** olimar's pikmin, therefore Olimar gets 3 stocked because all he can do is try and tilt while getting a sword in the face.

Dude, why are you talking about thrown pikmin like it's a counter move? Any Olimar who throws a pikmin against a Marth overB deserves to get "a sword in the face." However, against a Fsmash or a GRAB, you'll turn out worse than some of that world-renowned English cooking.

Puddin

Smash Lord
ok man this has gone on 2 long olly is not the best on the game if he is just a little lower then the stage and u are smart hes dead my friend plays tl and can kill my olly in a 2 hit combo off the edge

now lets see u can gimp him
u can kill the pikmen
and if ur smart u will play the defence
Well first of all any good Olimar player will be able to get their Pikmin back, not saying it's absolutely impossible to kill all his Pikmin and leave him stranded, but usually they will keep good track of their Pikmin count. Like DangR said, playing Defensive with Olimar is not the smartest of strategies =\ Also just to add on to the "you cant approach Olimar" deal, this well just makes it sound like you stand and spam C-stick, I know you mentioned things like dodging and grabbing and all those fantastic techniques, but if you spam Smash Attacks wont the Decay Effect eventually just make that virtually impossible?

Excellence

Smash Champion
Olimar is **** good, trust me, I know. As a good Olimar player, you have to realize his limitations and turn them into a strength. Example, have you faced a Snake using his slide and up smash all at the same time, it's incredibly difficult to get past, not to mention it destroys Pikmin. Make it so something like this is harmful to a Snake player, grab them out of it and "kiyell dem"! That being said, Olimar is not the greatest character, though he is quite good, by far my favorite.

Excellence

Smash Champion
Lol, all you're saying is "olimar can do this to counter that" without being realistic at all.

Let's just say Marth's over B ***** olimar's pikmin, therefore Olimar gets 3 stocked because all he can do is try and tilt while getting a sword in the face.
Don't you sound dumb? I'd like to see a Marth do that to me. Hopefully your not thinking that your attack can damage Olimar's pikmin? An attack can only harm free pikmin returning to Olimar, those behind him are safe! That being said, you use your over b, I'll step back and **** you with my grab -> various situational combos and three stock you.

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
Olimar is **** good, trust me, I know. As a good Olimar player, you have to realize his limitations and turn them into a strength. Example, have you faced a Snake using his slide and up smash all at the same time, it's incredibly difficult to get past, not to mention it destroys Pikmin. Make it so something like this is harmful to a Snake player, grab them out of it and "kiyell dem"! That being said, Olimar is not the greatest character, though he is quite good, by far my favorite.
Well said, I agree.

Anyway, who actually wants to play as "the best character"? I like a challenge. ;)

FrostByte

Smash Lord
Dude, why are you talking about thrown pikmin like it's a counter move? Any Olimar who throws a pikmin against a Marth overB deserves to get "a sword in the face." However, against a Fsmash or a GRAB, you'll turn out worse than some of that world-renowned English cooking.
Over B goes through a lot of olly's grounded pikmin attacks. I've been over-b'd out of an upsmash and fsmash.

Don't you sound dumb? I'd like to see a Marth do that to me.
Stop being an idiot and read the first part of my post again.

x9whitey9x

Smash Journeyman
I just started Olimar this weekend, and I love him. :) I've only gone against CPUs so far, but I plan on bringing him out against my friends this week.

umop ap!sdn

Smash Rookie
lol he made this thread over at the Gamefaqs board and I have to say, this community is much more pleasant.

PeeInMyPudding

Smash Rookie
lol, i know, you guys are so much nicer....you cant say anything on that board without people screaming at you for having opinions.....

Top Bottom