• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OLD, CLOSED Zero Suit Samus Video Thread (2/2/10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Alot of awesome stuff

Wow man, thanks
:D

As for the 2008 Maneuver, i'm uploading some replays on tuesday you can help me with if you want too. I skimmed that crit since i'm so sleepy right now, long road trip.

But, basically i was forced into ZSS - Falco (usually go Jiggz - falco) and i managaed to do the 2008, and got a 0-65. Ahhh it felt so nice. Thanks for all the help though. I'll defintely use it to get better.
I'm glad someone actually cared and crit'd them. This will help alot :)

Dakpo

Smash Lord

Wow man, thanks
:D

As for the 2008 Maneuver, i'm uploading some replays on tuesday you can help me with if you want too. I skimmed that crit since i'm so sleepy right now, long road trip.

But, basically i was forced into ZSS - Falco (usually go Jiggz - falco) and i managaed to do the 2008, and got a 0-65. Ahhh it felt so nice. Thanks for all the help though. I'll defintely use it to get better.
I'm glad someone actually cared and crit'd them. This will help alot :)
Haha, of course man. I just want to help anyone i can. I know I wish i knew about smashboards when i was learning zss.

Also, I'm going to crit your matches with illmatic next. I saw some stuff that happened to me at mlg dallas. WE WILL BE ILLMATIC NEXT TIME ( inb4 name search)

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
So, I was thinking of taking this thread over, and basically cutting it into two pieces.
The first would be any videos that you guys really like, to show how certain MUs should be played, or just good game-play in general.

The second would be a critique thread, since this thread isn't technically for that.
What do you guys think?

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfC2dwmTuAc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SmI70PG_kQ

Two matches between myself and my training partner from a recent Smashfest.

Critique/comment pl0x
Wow I think those were pretty nice games. I like the offensive pressure you manage with side-B and I also digged how you dashgrabbed him when he picked up one of his plants in game 1. I remember watching you fight Dark Peach like a few months ago and it looked like you had the game much better figured out this time around :O

Now Im a scrub and a nobody so perhaps this is wrong, but it looked to me as if though you could've mixed in some hyphen smashes especially during game 1. I mean you can read when he's gonna go up in the air I think you could run in and hyphen him before he has a chance to do an aerial or some ****. Maybe it's a horrible idea though, I dunno.

Edit: In game 2 I think a hyphen smash would've been an appropriate move when you lost your first stock :O

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Hippie, I used to hyphen a lot more, then I got a lot better and now I don't anymore, but I am going to start implementing it again.

The problem I sometimes have with dashing usmash is dair beats/cancels it out and is faster off the ground, but on a hard read it's a good mix-up when fair is stale or uair won't do the job.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Copied from FB convo, for SFP vs Drk Pech:
basically you played really well the first stock and then started spamming side b way too much. you limit your use of shield and just predict and punish peach's movements.

Peach is definitely a more horizontal than vertical matchup, a lot more matchups are horizontal for us than I initially thought
Fox is horizontal the thing is most matchups, we're dominant either horizontally or vertically
the hardest thing is figuring out which it is on some of them so that you know what to try and abuse more

i think the problem people have with Peach and Fox is that one of the basic skills in Smash is to aim not for where the opponent is, but where you think they will be
and those two characters turn that on its head

like for example
a lot of your strings fail because you are used to gravity being a factor, when peach can make it a non factor
jab to dsmash at low percents is **** usually
but peach can float out of hitstun and hit you for it, when pretty much no other character can do that
so it adds one more element to the horizontal chase game: they can now airdodge, jump, attack, or stay put
so you just have to account for that extra option when playing peach, and knowing that it's one of her best options, you can assume they'll use it more often, which is why fair is ****
always keep that mixup game in mind

like i forget which game it was, probably the first one, where you blaze out of the gate and punish dark pch trying to float out of a juggle with 2 fairs, i would have waited on the third, cause he's going to change what he does after being punished twice
I'd like to point out how safe nB is in this matchup, just from watching these vids. Turnips OOS can't touch it, and honestly, people are underrating that move hard, it's only a little more punishable than dsmash and is less predictable because it can be used anywhere, can be b reversed to further mixup timing, and has better range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom