• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Auddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Auddy07
Seems like you did the smart thing kid, dont mind the weak smash players in norman.

Hell, I think I seen Daniel 's girlfriend out on a date with someone other than him. Son you gotta out your hard hat on and go to work. LOL ha!
Awesome, some one that doesn't try to flame me on a forum. I applaud your kindness good sir.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Just posting to say that if my Wi-fi experience with Sonic Storm is an indicator, he's quite good.

I'm a Utahn btw

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Well, normally I would have laughed as well, but it marks a disturbing trend I've seen from today's gamers...

You're all *******s.

You sound like the punks that play Halo: Loud, belligerent, offensive and, (most annoyingly) unfunny. Yeah, let's tear down someone to make ourselves look bigger and stronger, when all it does is weaken an already fragile community. The Smash scene (save for a few stubborn old Melee'rs) is in the hands of you youngsters now, and it can only grow if we accept EVERYONE REGARDLESS OF SKILL into it.

I was going to go into a long speech, but I'm tired of being the voice of reason, sounding like someone's dad... So from here on out, I'm just gonna take my belt off and start spanking you rooks like your parents should have done long ago.

Deezy, go fetch Daddy Po a switch...

Akasuna no Sasori

Smash Apprentice
Well, normally I would have laughed as well, but it marks a disturbing trend I've seen from today's gamers...

You're all *******s.

You sound like the punks that play Halo: Loud, belligerent, offensive and, (most annoyingly) unfunny. Yeah, let's tear down someone to make ourselves look bigger and stronger, when all it does is weaken an already fragile community. The Smash scene (save for a few stubborn old Melee'rs) is in the hands of you youngsters now, and it can only grow if we accept EVERYONE REGARDLESS OF SKILL into it.

I was going to go into a long speech, but I'm tired of being the voice of reason, sounding like someone's dad... So from here on out, I'm just gonna take my belt off and start spanking you rooks like your parents should have done long ago.

Hahahahaha. Love that last line there.

But seriously, Po has a very good point. When I first joined the smash community back in '06, I loved it because everyone was real cool and willing to help me out, which was very different from most gaming communities. In Halo, for example, new players are constantly insulted, yelled at, etc. yet they continue to play it (for the most part). Why? First off, Halo has always been insanely popular, and a lot of people stick with it just because it's so popular and everyone else is playing it. Melee, especially now, isn't so popular anymore, and so it doesn't have that same immediate appeal as games like Halo do. Secondly, Halo is online, which makes it very easy to play with other people. Melee requires you to travel to get the full experience, which a lot of people aren't willing to do, especially when they are first starting out and get roflstomped by everyone.

So, what does Melee have Halo doesn't? An awesome community. Like Po said, most people in the Halo community are douchebags. People in the Melee community are much more accepting of new players, which helps to encourage people to stick with it. So, I imagine everyone can realize what would happen to our community if we started acting like the Halo players and bashed new/less skilled players instead of trying to help them. The Melee community would die. Simple as that.

Brawl might live on, at least casually speaking, since it is still relatively new (when compared to Melee, anyways) and because it has online capabilities, but if people continue to bash new players, Brawl's competitive scene will die off as well. Sure, people will still play online for fun, but there would be no more tournaments because there would be no new players to attend them, and the people who play now aren't going to keep playing forever (although it would be very funny to see an old man playing smash :laugh: )

As much as I hate to admit it, the Smash scene isn't doing too great right now. It's hard enough as it is to get new people interested in such an "old" game without people being *******s to them just because they're not skilled. Smash has a pretty steep learning curve when you first start getting into the competitive scene. Hell, I still get owned by pretty much everyone I play, but I don't give up because, even if someone 4-stocks me twice in a row, they're good sports about it. They just say "good games", shake my hand, and sometimes even offer advice. Actually, this goes for more experienced players as well when I think about it. Newbies aren't the only ones who don't like playing with *******s.

So, in short, if we want the Smash scene to live on, people need to NOT be douchebags and help the new players develop a love for the game, and to treat our fellow smashers with respect.

P.S. I'm really tired right now so if anything in that rant seems rather random and/or incoherent, sorry. Just let me know and I'll try and fix it tomorrow... Must sleep now...

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
GAH!!!! Where you been!?!?
Like I said, Seminole. Town of 2,000 people, a Smash gathering point does not make.

What about Heathq?
What/Who?

Same with me living in Ada. I'm the only one. haha
If I have enough gas at the time, I would make the hour drive to Ada/Edmond/Norman/OKC on weekends, but only if there was something big going on or if I was asked to come over by someone. So far, neither of those have happened yet :laugh:

Just posting to say that if my Wi-fi experience with Sonic Storm is an indicator, he's quite good.
You give me too much credit, dude, I've said this. After all, it is Wi-fi. :)

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Sonic Storm, OK's scene is pretty scrambled right now, although we just had a big Melee tournament featuring players like Darkrain and Wobbles (which I couldn't attend... GRR!), but I don't know if anything Brawl-wise is going to be happening anytime before the springtime.

Most of our players are located in Norman, i.e. college kids, so a lot of their time is focused towards studying, getting high, and experimenting sexually, which is why they all suck (save for Bassem, he's cool)
They're mainly responsible for tournament hosting and stuff, which is why nothing ever gets done unless it was Hanson or Yawara in charge, and they're not here anymore...

The OKC area has the BEST players, but we all have jobs which take away from our ability to play often (except for KOS-MOS, I'm not even sure that dude even has a job) But when we do show, it usually ends in someone getting their *** lit on FIRE.

Tulsa has a thriving scene, but its kinda out-of-way, and most of it's former best players relocated to Norman, so yeah. They still have Chuck Nasty though, so that should count for something.

Stillwater had a rising scene, then just kind of fell off the map... I don't know what's going on there.

And that's pretty much it. You're best bet would be coming to Norman sometime if we have a smashfest or something, becuase I don't see anything major going down before March. I also noticed you list Luigi as one of your mains, so you're cool with me.

FattyFatFatso

Smash Apprentice
I don't know who you are either FattyFatFatso but you seem like a douche. I've never done anything to you and you're gonna be hateful to me? Nice dude, real nice. Also, I don't understand Bryan's post.

Anyway, I was pissed when I posted my rant, but I'm a little cooled down now, just got outta the shower. I still love all you guys, including FattyFatFatso, because I am a Christian and believe in forgiving and forgetting. Maybe one day we can play or something, if you don't still hate me or whatever. I will still play smash with anyone who wants to, maybe not competitive though. =) I love everyone who has taught me anything about smash, and will always consider everyone my friend. Alex, sorry for not going to Intimikill after you helped me all these years. =( Sorry to Dylan too for not letting you know sooner. =(
I may come off as a douche but to me you come off as a whiny pansy. Difference between us is that my douchery is intentional. This makes me respect you less as a person. I sure hope your reference to being Christian doesn't mean that because other people are not they dont have morals because then that just makes you an ignorant moron.

Bryan is screaming to try to shut out your incessant *****ing.

Seems like you did the smart thing kid, dont mind the weak smash players in norman.

Hell, I think I seen Daniel 's girlfriend out on a date with someone other than him. Son you gotta out your hard hat on and go to work. LOL ha!
Haha Marc when was the last time you had a girl over at your house? And I don't mean your mom. Your mom is over at my house more often then yours anyway and I don't have her over just for her brownies.

Getting girls, laugh at that alex!! Lol Only thing you can beat me in is those books you read.
That's because you can't read Marc. I bet you got someone else to make posts on the boards for you and read our replies out loud.

You're all *******s.

I would disagree on this point Po. The Smash community save for a scattered few are mostly polite and helpful people. You get people from all demographics. Look at Texas. Juan is loveable, Andy is loveable yet douchey, and Gnes is loveable because he will name search this.

Look Auddy, I am sure you are a nice guy. Whatever. Point is you come off as a big baby to me. If you have excuses about gaming or life go pray. If its about gaming, suck it up and play. You remind me of fat people. The people that deserve to get pointed at and socially ostracized. Is it wrong to mock fat people? No. Just as sure as it is not wrong to mock pansies. If you are going to PMS on the boards so much than at least make your sig a tampon.

bassem6

Smash Lord
I may come off as a douche but to me you come off as a whiny pansy. Difference between us is that my douchery is intentional. This makes me respect you less as a person. I sure hope your reference to being Christian doesn't mean that because other people are not they dont have morals because then that just makes you an ignorant moron.

Bryan is screaming to try to shut out your incessant *****ing.

Haha Marc when was the last time you had a girl over at your house? And I don't mean your mom. Your mom is over at my house more often then yours anyway and I don't have her over just for her brownies.

That's because you can't read Marc. I bet you got someone else to make posts on the boards for you and read our replies out loud.

I would disagree on this point Po. The Smash community save for a scattered few are mostly polite and helpful people. You get people from all demographics. Look at Texas. Juan is loveable, Andy is loveable yet douchey, and Gnes is loveable because he will name search this.

Look Auddy, I am sure you are a nice guy. Whatever. Point is you come off as a big baby to me. If you have excuses about gaming or life go pray. If its about gaming, suck it up and play. You remind me of fat people. The people that deserve to get pointed at and socially ostracized. Is it wrong to mock fat people? No. Just as sure as it is not wrong to mock pansies. If you are going to PMS on the boards so much than at least make your sig a tampon.
lol this post made me happy for some reason :chuckle: and I love you too grandpa po! haha xD

Akasuna no Sasori

Smash Apprentice
I sure hope your reference to being Christian doesn't mean that because other people are not they dont have morals because then that just makes you an ignorant moron.

If you are going to PMS on the boards so much than at least make your sig a tampon.
He wasn't saying that people who aren't Christian have no morals. He was saying he was a Christian to let you know that he doesn't really care what you say about him because you have no idea what you're talking about anyways.

Okay... I gotta admit. That last line is gold. Haha

Akasuna no Sasori

Smash Apprentice
Being Xtian makes you impervious to logic or reason...?
Not at all. It's the concept of "turning the other cheek." If someone acts like a douchebag to you, just ignore him. Forgive, forget, move on.

EDIT: Deezy, leave the doucebaggery for MW2 lol

And there isn't anything wrong with his posts. FattyFatFatso just seems to take offense at strange things.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Not at all. It's the concept of "turning the other cheek." If someone acts like a douchebag to you, just ignore him.
Bingo. A lot of conflict could be avoided if people would stop trying to be E-thugs...

Which reminds me--

ALL OF YOU SHUT UP AND GO TRAIN! TEXAS JUST KICKED THE **** OUT OF THE LOT OF YOU AGAIN... STOP LOSING, LOSERS!!

po pimpus

Smash Ace
you're one to talk. care to try to be #6 again?
Who are you? Oh yeah, you're the dude I BEAT LAST TIME I ENTERED A TOURNAMENT.

Anyone else wanna try that Po's-not-ranked-so-I'll-run-my-mouth-even-though-he-can/has/will-beat-me-WITH FREAKIN' LUIGI ?!?

No? No one?

I thought so.

Continue being arrogant and abrasive whenever someone presents you with the truth... It makes it all the more satisfying when I prove you wrong. Not with words, but with action.

PrettyBoy=Marc

Smash Rookie
Ok Daniel, lets be honest for a minute I want you to point your girlfriend out to me and i'll mack her down. And i will show you what kind of girl she REALLY is behind the scenes!! lol

White girls arent that crazy daniel, everything has a reason behind it.

Alex reads stuff like Cat Fancy, black magic, and the republican chronicle. Yeah he's a mixed up kind of dude. But he is still cool though

Young Deezy

Smash Apprentice

Anyone else wanna try that Po's-not-ranked-so-I'll-run-my-mouth-even-though-he-can/has/will-beat-me-WITH FREAKIN' LUIGI ?!?

No? No one?

I thought so.
Ill beat the **** out of you po, now get back in the kitchen and make me a sammich

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/AAAAAAAAA!

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Alex reads stuff like Cat Fancy, black magic, and the republican chronicle. Yeah he's a mixed up kind of dude. But he is still cool though
first time i've ever been offended/hurt on the boards, marc insinuated i was an old crusty white guy. :(

anarcho-syndicalist 4lyfe, son! >.>;
marc, next time you are playing with brandon or chris make them contact me so i can get up there.

Auddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Auddy07
Alright, so the post of me "PMSing" has stirred up a lot of crap. First of to FFF, I don't know you or do I care to know you after your belligerent douchery. If you notice, I don't have that many posts on Smashboards. When I post something it's usually important or relative to something in the Oklahoma smash scene. Rarely do I ever complain about anything, so me making my huge rant about not going to Intimikill was very spontaneous and probably will never happen again. So, if you think I'm a ***** then treat me like a ***** but I'm not going to fight over the internet like a, what's the word I'm looking for?, oh yeah, a whiny pansy. I do forgive you for being a douche and will treat you, like everyone else on this Earth, with respect.

FK1, I see you want on the douche train too, well all aboard!!! Let's get everyone's true feelings out in the air and see what the Smash community is really like with all the noobs running the show. I don't know what religion, if any, you follow, but you don't see me questioning your God or beliefs. If you think Christianity is denial, then you might want to do some research and get on good terms with God. Me being a Christian doesn't make me a better person than anyone, it shows that I am indeed a sinner like everyone on Earth, but I am doing something about it. I'm trying to be the best Christian I can and help everyone else to be the best they can. Ask Sasori, he's a Christian too. So, if you want to say I'm stupid or that my religion is stupid more power to you. That's your decision man, so live with it.

Po, thanks for showing that the original smash community is still a caring community. You sir are what makes smash a good game. Dylan, thanks for ranting about all this too. If the boards are gonna look like this from now on then I'm not gonna waste my time anymore.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
i been reading all of this and i gotta throw in my 2 cents.

OKLAHOMA WONT MAKE TOP 5 AT HOBO 21!!!! KFC and BASSOM SUCK!!!!

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord

No? No one?

I thought so.

Continue being arrogant and abrasive whenever someone presents you with the truth... It makes it all the more satisfying when I prove you wrong. Not with words, but with action.
ill take you on again, this time i wont take you so lightly.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
i been reading all of this and i gotta throw in my 2 cents.

OKLAHOMA WONT MAKE TOP 5 AT HOBO 21!!!! KFC and BASSOM SUCK!!!!
only way this would happen is if you seed bassem against dojo. and somewhere else seed gness vs razer. and than have the loser of the second set go against bassem in the next losers match.

FK1

Smash Journeyman
Or...put Bassem against Fogo...OH WAIT...No
Or...put Bassem against PX...OH WAIT...No.
Or...put Bassem against LeeM...OH WAIT...he's got that covered now.
Or...put Bassem against...there's no one else...
Bassem's got this.

Btw. I was talking about turning the other cheek...not placing Xtianity as denial nor did I ever question your religion. :) As the matter of fact, I could care less about how you feel about anything. I'm just pointing out what you're doing. Don't put words in my mouth, kid.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Word of advice Auddy, the longer your post, the less people read it.

Chill out man, Fatty was just poking fun. Everyone in this thread is a really good person, and fun to hang with. The less seriously you take everything you read here the better.

And Will, Marines often turn out to be more arrogant than they do anything else. 3D animation is easy if that's all your going for. You can teach yourself how to do it less than a Day or two. Making the character is the hard part, but the most rewarding when finished.

Seriously, It's all about creativity and not giving up when your character looks like trash. You got those things and you got your dream down. If you ever need help, I got your back. 3D modeling is my favorite hobby, and I spend more time with it than I do anything else. (Except work and school right now).

po pimpus

Smash Ace
I love you, Kuni.

Such a nice dude, but real talk, no one questions my ability...

That goes for every single one of you.

NONE of you can beat me *or ANYONE from Texas for that matter*, and if you think it's because 'you took me lightly,' well, that must be code for:

"OH ****! I TRIED TO DO THE SAME THING I ALWAYS DO, BUT THIS GUY ISN'T FALLING FOR IT! WHY IS HE BEATING ME?! WHAT'S HAPPENING?!?"

It's because Po Pimpus has done nothing but improve this entire time while the rest of you bums stayed the same or got worse... yet no one seems to realize this fact...

You think a bunch of early success and a stupid number by your name equates some kind of magical ability to not get curb-stomped by the King, then you ain't ready, weren't ready, and will never be ready to hold my crown.

If you rouse a giant from his slumber, don't be surprised if he rolls over and crushes you.

FK1

Smash Journeyman
ONE hot summer’s day a Fox was strolling through an orchard till he came to a bunch of Grapes just ripening on a vine which had been trained over a lofty branch. “Just the things to quench my thirst,” quoth he. Drawing back a few paces, he took a run and a jump, and just missed the bunch. Turning round again with a One, Two, Three, he jumped up, but with no greater success. Again and again he tried after the tempting morsel, but at last had to give it up, and walked away with his nose in the air, saying: “I am sure they are sour.”
“IT IS EASY TO DESPISE WHAT YOU CANNOT GET.”

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Or...put Bassem against Fogo...OH WAIT...No
Or...put Bassem against PX...OH WAIT...No.
Or...put Bassem against LeeM...OH WAIT...he's got that covered now.
Or...put Bassem against...there's no one else...
Bassem's got this.
I don't think he's beaten Fogo or Lee yet... and I won't be killing myself against him this time ;)

FK1

Smash Journeyman
that fox needs to approach with nairs and learn to waveshine
Lol...Yessssss.

Also PX. I'm being confident for him...since he hasn't posted yet. I'm not exactly good at trash talking >_>'. I'm pretty sure he's got this one covered, though. But, I hope you two don't play again...Your matches were boring as **** to watch. :)

Top Bottom