• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Simply Rice

Smash Journeyman
Hey okc smashers. im here in norman for the basketball game (zzzz) can guys suggest any good eats here? Top tier food prefered plz n thx.

Shade_

Smash Ace
If your asking for real top tier food your asking the poor peeps man. Though for mid-tier food, Golden-Corral is always a safe bet. Pei-Wei and Panda garden are nice for Asian food. Red Robins has pretty good burgers. Braums...has amazing shakes, with that alone I would almost consider that top-tier.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
If your asking for real top tier food your asking the poor peeps man. Though for mid-tier food, Golden-Corral is always a safe bet. Pei-Wei and Panda garden are nice for Asian food. Red Robins has pretty good burgers. Braums...has amazing shakes, with that alone I would almost consider that top-tier.
dont give any attention to this post lol

Simply Rice

Smash Journeyman
haha while I appreciate the post is there anything native to norman that I should try? like some mom n pop place with good food? or does okc nom all over norman?

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
well good is subjective. here are a few places in the norman area that should fit your description.

Vans pig stand (ribs)
Panda garden (chinese)
Victorias (italian)
sweet basil (thai)
taramujara or cha cha's (mexican)

if anything else comes to mind or you decide you want some other genre ill update this post accordingly.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
thanks for the suggestions! ill check em out.
Tarahumara's Mexican Cafe
For Mexican (really one of the best privately owned family run establishments in norman)
There is ALWAYS a cue, but its usually less than 30 mins and well worth it.
702 North Porter Avenue, Norman, OK 73071

For Noodles or Rice I'd head to Tea Cafe, also a local option, don't let the external appearance through you off its a nice place that uses high quality ingredients and has like 50 flavors of bubble tea:
1241 East Alameda St.
Norman, OK 73071

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
when i left to go here for college originally i gave away 14 free drink card things they used to have to some peeps...not to mention the times i went there and forgot to get stamps/used the cards. i probably went there 200 times the first 2 years they were open o.0 tea cafe is the bomb, i am so going next weekend.
p.s. andy, karl, and i need 1 to 3 peeps for teams/hangoutage next saturday. who's down?

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
lol @ people following my footsteps with the dbz avatars. i hope almost all of OK converts like we did for ohsnap. STEP IT UP, MOAR!!! MOAR DBZZZZ! ps no one gets to be gohan until someone beats me in a set. get motivated. <3 OK

actually the reason i changed avatars is because i'm about to trash talk in a tourney thread for 2 months using only cell quotes. it will be glorious.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=287843

TODAY is the LAST day to buy your whobo badge/venue fee at a discounted rate of 45$(and a bit lower for groups) so DONT WAIT or else you will need to buy your badge AT the door for 55$(seriously, tell everybody you know). You have had MONTHS to do this so i dont feel sorry for you. Go to the opening post to buy your badge/venue fee!

PS: this is for brawl ONLY^

if you plan on going to whobo 3 JUST for melee, then show up ONLY on sunday and buy the 25$ badge.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
On one hand, I could buy the badge now and just get it over with.

On the other I kiiinda need that money for Pokemon Black and White.

DECISIONS, DECISIONS.

Black and White.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Just played a straight ditton Amaterasu/Morrigan/Phoenix online

2 Morrigans with astral vision is confusing as ****. Dark phoenix ditto is also terrifying because 1 hit isnt just probably death, it is definitely death.

AfroTastic

Smash Apprentice
Braum's shakes are top tier.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
my mvc3 dreams are already gone. not that it doesn't look fun but damn brawl seemed less controversial competitively when it came out lol. mk9 might be awesome but most likely not. i've decided to just get super awesome at melee and win genesis 2.

no one else wants to get trashed and play melee with andy, karl, and i next weekend? that makes me a sad panda.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
I'll play melee Hazy, but mostly I'll be playing MvC. The game is obscenely fun, I'm just hoping Capcom supports it with patches next year.

BTW guys, this saturday I'm having a tetris/tetris attack tournament at the union. Def could use setups (which means a laptop with 2 controllers)

$2 for tetris 70/30
$1 attack 100%

I think saturday at 3 oclockish

DualCats

Smash Ace
my mvc3 dreams are already gone. not that it doesn't look fun but damn brawl seemed less controversial competitively when it came out lol. mk9 might be awesome but most likely not. i've decided to just get super awesome at melee and win genesis 2.

no one else wants to get trashed and play melee with andy, karl, and i next weekend? that makes me a sad panda.
I'm going to Genesis 2. :D We should both be the ones in singles GF. Also doubles GF. And triples GF.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Yo Alex, I'll play with you all, too. You better have a working controller this time!

Forest, we need to play teams again!

Andy, sorry that I didn't return your call on Friday; I didn't see it until late in the night.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I wish I was around to play Tetris :(

And melee cause melee is the ****, and when I leave none of y'all should forget that, and all of y'all should get better.

Also Forest, Wife did a lot of the commentary for the new Armada matches as did MacD, you should check them out.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
The Pound matches? I'll definitely watch them. I want to play teams with Bryan but I'm probably not entering singles for melee much anymore. Of course a good singles game will help my team game, I think I have more potential as an intelligent partner than a skillful soloist.

I'm going to work tonight and buying a stick with the moneyz I make! I've played pad my whole life with the exception of my trips to arcades, but the stick is just alot of fun and I'm hoping I can learn, Working on my light Phoenix game.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
The Pound matches? I'll definitely watch them. I want to play teams with Bryan but I'm probably not entering singles for melee much anymore. Of course a good singles game will help my team game, I think I have more potential as an intelligent partner than a skillful soloist.
somehow i think mvc3 has effected ur thought process. playin only teams means u cant play unless bryan is there. which means more time for mvc....

:'(

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
don't give up on singles, forest. you literally got like 3 times better in the 4 months i was gone last semester, at the rate you're improving you could be a huge force to reckon with by the end of the summer. never give up!

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yo what up Nicknyte lol

Also, Forest, don't give up on Singles man. Peach's singles game is BLOWING UP! That **** is so ****ing fun to play now, and Josh said it best.

Also, I always find melee to be most easily improved when you're just one on one with someone. That's why Chris got so much better when he played me all the time. HOLLA

Packing up all my **** right now, still can't believe I'm gonna have to suffer through a 12 hour flight

*Karl inserts appropriate image here*

Top Bottom