• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Anime club is tonight at 9, right? She and I haven't done anything since Thursday, and we hardly talked since then, so I wanna try and come to this again with her.

I wonder if anyone there know about Dragonball Abridged, lol. That would make for one amazing day, since there's 21 10 minute episodes out now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctd84NLgTxw <--- most recent. The ending is hilarious.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Anybody free to play tonight? The Pimpest has the evening open and is itching to fight. Melee? MvC?
Who's in?
Are you talking about playing in norman? At 11 we are playing in the union basement. Thats pretty late if you have to get up tomorrow, but if not I'll probably be there at least until 3.

Anime club is tonight at 9, right? She and I haven't done anything since Thursday, and we hardly talked since then, so I wanna try and come to this again with her.

I wonder if anyone there know about Dragonball Abridged, lol. That would make for one amazing day, since there's 21 10 minute episodes out now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctd84NLgTxw <--- most recent. The ending is hilarious.
Anime actually begins at 8:00, we watch 2 episodes of a show that we continue during toe course of the semester. Then around 9 we do the voting and watch the next show. Tonight its the Nanoha movie (for magical girl category)

We do know about dragonball the abridged. We actually have had a number of YuGiOh the abridged side showings. Usually we do showings of parody stuff at events outside of meetings!

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Yeah, well, I WAS free tonight. But hey, talked to Chris and will probably come to Norman on Friday if anyone is down. Let us enter into the fray once more, fine chaps!!

Gravity

Smash Ace
ok cool you guys can come over after four or so.

if you want me too i can pick you up forest or we can just chill there.

and im totally down to try mvc3.

also alex, im off for like 3 days right when you get back

holy **** that tech skill. i thought it was tool assisted at first.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i saw speed grapher on netflix. meh. music was tight, though.

you guys wanna do like another training day or small tourney while i'm there for smash or another fighting game even?

edit: ****ing awesome we are hanging out like all 3 days, andy

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Yeah, Chris, remember when I asked if Desk had done anything in MvC3? L-O-L @ his Chun shenanigans...
He's doing Thor next, I hope he does one for Viewtiful Joe!

Alex! When do you get back, yo? We gots to kick it more this time around. Training Day sounds good to me:
Marvel, Melee, Brawl(?)... Let's do it!

DualCats

Smash Ace
We should at least do another round-robin so I can totally **** everyone up again.

Also: Bassem, play more melee. :3 You have excellent reads and an effective mix-up.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Everything about the desk videos like make me not like the game lol That akuma infinite looks ********, is it hard to input?

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
OKgamers tournament is up:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298315

As for MvC3, the game is pretty fun regardless of a few dumb infinites. The buffer isn't like tatsunoko, timing the most interesting combos is pretty hard. Honestly I think I like this one better than MvC2 in many ways because it allows for alot of combo creativity. I can only hope Capcom supports the game with patches because the combo freedom allowed just makes the whole thing really fun. They have definitely tried to make infinites less prevalent with excessive hitstun deterioration, they seem to have overlooked a couple of awkward hitboxes! Gay, although if your good at getting in you can destroy any character in a single combo if your creative enough.

Either way no one I play with is playing at these ******** levels or with super broken characters. I find Akuma to be one of the worst to fight because he kills my x-factored dark phoenix too easily with that teleport hyper!

I have to say that Phoenix is one of the most fun characters I have ever controlled, I'd love to see a 3D action game ala-DMC style with her moveset.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
That last one is just stupid. Can't say I wanna play after that.
Everything about the desk videos like make me not like the game lol That akuma infinite looks ********, is it hard to input?
Ahem...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ-AKKso_Po

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKeM7En9QV8

also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXxqhQt1g6U&feature=related

My point? Every game has broken/gay/stupid stuff. Depends on what broken/gay/stupid stuff is too much for your own personal taste. For me, personally, the ridiculous stuff in MvC3 thus far can't hold a candle to the ridiculousness of Brawl's metagame and its community's 'thumbs in ears' response to most of it.

Now to take my own advice and shut up and just play, lol...

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
Banned
Banned
Escapable

idk, I'm just a little hesitant to try to get into a new game that involves 0-death and what are virtually 0-death combos with a lot of characters. I'm too scrubby for games with that much **** and rote tech skill memorization.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
dante, akuma, taskmaster is still my team, but i'm thinking of trading out for dorm or maybe a couple others i like. will have to test a lot when i get back :) 9 days nukkas

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'm going to be watching the free movie at the Union with my girl tomorrow afternoon, so depending on when it starts, I might or might not be able to play when everyone else is.

Or ya'll could bring Wiis to the Union tomorrow and we can just go from there, lol.

Young Deezy

Smash Apprentice
Im down for doing stuff tomorrow. Wanna play some bwalr minus and to try my hand at marvel.

Im probably better than that Po Pimpus guy already.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Banned
Banned
Escapable

idk, I'm just a little hesitant to try to get into a new game that involves 0-death and what are virtually 0-death combos with a lot of characters. I'm too scrubby for games with that much **** and rote tech skill memorization.
You also have to remember you have 3 life bars, so 0-death isn't necessarily as it sounds. Some of the characters provide a little more mixup than straight combo repetition, Phoenix in particular due to a 3 option teleport and 3 way traps (and about half the health of anyone in the game). I love her. As of now it looks like nothing is really worth banning, Chun Li's hitboxes look ******** though.

I still like Arc System Works titles the best of these sorts of games, I really would love to see Arc vs Capcom one day (in the style of Arc) but Arc traditionally has smaller rosters and attempts to rebalance constantly so it would be difficult.

There is Definitely Smash and MvC3 at my house this friday though, I'd prefer my place because we actually have 2 LCDs we can use if someone brings their marvel setup on top of some Melee/Project M. Brawl is welcome but with Yawara gone idk who will play vanilla brawl with you chozo. I mean I'll play it but I'm awful at it maybe move to Project M with me?

Gravity

Smash Ace
i think that samus is grappling the wall behind the enemy hitting them in the process. . .when it hits the wall they fall, like offstage, but hit the ground with no lag. repeat. ill try it tomorrow.

anyways i still have your tv and cube forest so ill bring those plus mine.

im totally down for mvc, and project m too.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I'm sorta skeptical about that grapple thing, but I think the only way to set it up really is just tech chase towards a wall at higher percent.

I just don't see how you can't CC into a jab.

But how to do it:

"ok, in order to pull of the slayer's wall follow this steps:
1.- short hop,with the stick is easier
2.- L or R right after you leave the ground
3.- Z
4.- Fast Fall
And thats it. It's very hard to pull of correctly cos the timing is sooo exactly, if you don't get the correct timing your oponent will be able to dodge it.
^^"

Gravity

Smash Ace
maybe you cant cc into a jab because samus is too far away?

i wonder if youre supposed to let the grapple hit the wall or fast fall into the ground first.

button combination looks like wavedash with a z thrown in.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
you can CC shine for the invincibility then jump out fast enough if nothing else, probably. at least for spacies. either way i am 90% sure it can be escaped, for all chars.

DualCats

Smash Ace
I still like Arc System Works titles the best of these sorts of games, I really would love to see Arc vs Capcom one day (in the style of Arc) but Arc traditionally has smaller rosters and attempts to rebalance constantly so it would be difficult.
I would ****ing love this forever. O__O

Top Bottom