• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

TxZero

Smash Cadet
Well, I successfully completed chrono trigger (Including all side quests) in one sitting. I'm very hungry now so I think I'm gonna get some food or something.

:phone:

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Yo. I need someone with some uberl33t photoshop skills to do me a solid if possible. I can pay you in Smash Coins lol. I'll explain more in PM.

Aside from that, how are things? Smash community need a shot in the arm again? Or are we just being lazy and unmotivated as usual?

Dove

Smash Cadet
RR/PR? tourney at outlaw's in ~1 month, be ready for details.

no johns, i want like 16 people there. let's do this (cue po pimpus's "get mario big" post)

TxZero

Smash Cadet
RR/PR? tourney at outlaw's in ~1 month, be ready for details.

no johns, i want like 16 people there. let's do this (cue po pimpus's "get mario big" post)
Count me in. It'd be cool if someone could house me and probably one other person.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
Your killing the melee buzz with that marvel trash. We don't take too kindly to people like you around these parts

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I think the real reason why I didn't like Marvel in the beginning was because I didn't know what characters I liked or what team to pick.

When I come back, I really wanna get help with that. But in a way, that game seems really good for me since I have to play 3 characters at the same time.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I think I decided that I wanna play Doom though cause I think 1) his assist is beast and 2) I like how his name is Dr Doom

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
aren't there any characters you like outside of how good they are? thats how i picked my team. as long as you dont like tron or hsien ko, you're set.

TxZero

Smash Cadet
I think I decided that I wanna play Doom though cause I think 1) his assist is beast and 2) I like how his name is Dr Doom
Doom is sick, he's one of the only characters in the game to have 3 viable assists and his corner damage is unmatched. I've been playing doom since vanilla and hes solid on literally any team. EDIT: He can also combo off any throw, ground or air, which is so incredibly powerful.

Both very good reasons to play Doom. He also has foot dive and hard kick.
Don't forget the FINGER LASERS

aren't there any characters you like outside of how good they are? thats how i picked my team. as long as you dont like tron or hsien ko, you're set.
Now wait just a second, I played tron for the first half of vanilla and I'd like to step up and defend a misunderstood character. Tron in Ultimate has to be played Clakey D style, as a point character. You can still hit confirm off of j. C, you just have to connect deeper or use RDP. C on hit, all of her loops still work and she's beefy as all hell. look at Combofiend, his She-Hulk got nerfed but he still plays very competitively at the highest level, he just plays her differently now. it seems people just look at a character's nerfs and assume they have no other options. she is nerfed, but not unplayable. She's simply a different character

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
So I shared an elevator with the voice of Kamina. Didn't know it was him. Got in line to get the voice of Kamina, only to realize I was in the wrong line. Owell. Getting Broly/Edward Elrics autograph will work I suppose

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
There are a lot of characters I like, but none that I really think are awesome.

The characters I wanted to play from Marvel would've been like Gambit (cause he's from New Orleans), Night Crawler, and I guess Venom/Carnage. I also always liked Dr Doom cause I still like the idea of the mad scientist rather than the villain with lots of super powers if that makes sense. But I don't wanna play MODOK cause he's ugly.

The ones in Capcom that I like are I don't know . . . I guess Strider's cool, and I really like Amaterasu.

Also I don't think I'm good enough to play Ammy as much as I like her. It was hard for me to switch stances to run into combos, but I guess I also just decided to drop her cause I wasn't like naturally good at playing her.

But anyways, if I had to break it down:

Like for personal reasons:
Storm (she's hard)
Ammy (she's hard)
Iron Man (He sucks)
Zero (He's hard)
Spiderman (he sucks)
Iron Fist (I heard he sucks now)
Dr Strange (I only liked him for that one episode on Amazing Spiderman)
Dr Doom (Footdi--)
Strider (I heard he's not that good)

Like for gameplay reasons:
Dormamu (I can't play this character)
Dr Doom (FOOTDIVE)
Sentinel (I think he's easy to pick up, but he's really hard to be good with)
Hawkeye
Dante (I think he's the coolest/flashiest character in the game. I just hate that he's the default scrub pick)
Spencer (I don't understand this character)
I forgot Magneto (gravity squeeze)

That's still like, a **** ton of characters.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
Now wait just a second, I played tron for the first half of vanilla and I'd like to step up and defend a misunderstood character. Tron in Ultimate has to be played Clakey D style, as a point character. You can still hit confirm off of j. C, you just have to connect deeper or use RDP. C on hit, all of her loops still work and she's beefy as all hell. look at Combofiend, his She-Hulk got nerfed but he still plays very competitively at the highest level, he just plays her differently now. it seems people just look at a character's nerfs and assume they have no other options. she is nerfed, but not unplayable. She's simply a different character
i don't say shes unplayable cause of the nerfs. with your average player her approaches are too predictable. the only thing i thought was nerfed about tron was her assist, and i wouldn't put characters on my team based on assists alone in the first place.

from the case you presented, it looks like you're saying that characters are still good cause extremely talented player(s) are still using them which is fine. However, I am sure I could look up a few people who use Phoenix wright at high levels. It wouldn't change the fact hes probably top 3 lowest characters in the game.

*edit*
yawara i think you can't play w/ ammy cause shes too easy.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Yawara, I don't think you should choose not to play a character just because you aren't "naturally" good with that character. If you want to become good with Amaterasu, then you will become good with her through proper practice and persistence; being "naturally" good with her is not important as long as you have the desire to practice.

I didn't get any autographs, but I did get eight gym badges.

Also, if I interview and get accepted for this Flight-Simulator Engineering Internship, I'll have to relocate to Tulsa for the summer :x

melon_bread

Smash Rookie
Also, if I interview and get accepted for this Flight-Simulator Engineering Internship, I'll have to relocate to Tulsa for the summer :x
wat? are we still going to try to find a house? we really needed to have taken care of that **** like last month. what the **** is going on?

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
I'm still going to go to Norman on Wednesday to look for a house with you all. Also, I don't think I'd start the internship until a few weeks from now. Moreover, I think I'd be able to return from Tulsa on the weekends. Furthermore, I might not even get hired for it.

melon_bread

Smash Rookie
Yeah, this apartment sucks megadix. Bryan, Andy, Cactuarz and I will hopefully have leased a house and become some sort of Melee sanctuary.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
Melee sanctuary for strictly fun purposes only. It will be a non competitive environment. It will be like the melee church.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
So friday or saturday in edmond, big smashfest. Andy, karl, babac, josh if you can, brandon, chris, pablo?, txzero?

We want enough for a swiss and a draft crew battle! Lets do it up big for once and follow it up with more :)

Who's in?

Edit: forgot to say but 4 to 6 in edmond confirmed.

Top Bottom