• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
so let's work on setting a date for a PR round robin/smashfest/funsies time.

early june so that people have time to ask off work. maybe the 9th or 16th? outlaw said we can use his house, if norman peeps would rather do it there then someone at OU needs to get off their *** and get a free union room :D

people i want to see there:

outlaw
wes
irish
zinth
cats
grave (kuni'ed for your pleasure)
the pimpest
clawfuse
the incomparable KOSY
rooster (moar kuni)
pay the mon, mon
txzero
any brawlers who want to come play the 2001 edition
anyone i'm forgetting who still plays (josh mentioned J91 & Matt86 ?)

but hide yo kids, hide yo wife, cause i'mma be rapin' errbody out there
As long as people don't bail at literally the last min then I'm sure I'm up for it. For me it has to be on a Sat night or all day Sunday

:phone:

DualCats

Smash Ace
I want to change my entire smash identity. At the very least, I'm think going to main someone different. Who is my next best character? G&W? (lol) I don't ****ing know. I think I like Falco. It's 7am and I'm too lazy to get off my *** and grab some breakfast. I can't mix because Andy is still asleep. Falco is a good character.

UPDATE: Andy got up briefly to pee and then he went back in.

DualCats

Smash Ace
Thanks, man. :D I used to main Marth back in the day. Maybe I should bring him out of retirement.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
I think your Marth is better in some matchups and your Falco is better in other matchups. However, if you mained Falco, you would be just like a reverse-Coty and it would be hilarious.

DualCats

Smash Ace
Can you give examples? My Falco is kind of a jank tank, so it's hard to tell sometimes.

also: I miss Coty </3

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Like, I think your Marth is better in the Marth matchup, but I think your Falco is better in the Fox matchup. That's actually the most I can say since those are the only characters I use with any consistency. It does kind of vary sometimes, though. I'm actually not sure if your Falco is in fact better in the Fox matchup.

DualCats

Smash Ace
My Falco is pretty good against fastfallers in general, I feel, because all I do in my spare time is combo the **** out of cpus.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
I'm thinking that I want to go to Caltech for my PhD; their Computation and Neuroscience program sounds pretty interesting. Plus, I have family in CA, and the Melee scene there is top tier. Of course, that wouldn't be for a few years at least.

Anyway, next time any of you play me I'll be rocking a more technical Marth. I've been working on mastering pivoting, neutral B ledge stall, shield dropping, and powershielding Falco's lasers. I haven't had an opportunity to play anyone since I've been working on these things, though, so I'm sure it'll take more work getting stuff down mid-match (not that I'm done working on it in a vacuum).

RDD2 was pretty inspirational to me as a Melee player; it gave me concrete Melee goals again, which I think is important for improvement. Plus, the TX Melee scene is hella tight nowadays, and it gives us some great, accessible competition; we definitely need to coordinate events with them. I'm really looking to step up my Melee game majorly this summer. I also want to help Outlaw and Wes (and anyone else I can play frequently over the summer -- Lil Will?) step their games up, too.

Also, now that I have my degree in ****ing engineering (and I am to understand that it's a plus that I graduated with a really high GPA), I'm going to see if I can scrape up a summer internship (which I'm not counting on happening necessarily) for some hella cash, which would help us travel a bit more.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Your phone is in rice?

Anyway, we should Melee today.

Edit: Oh, is your phone in rice because it made contact with liquid and you're trying to dry it out?

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
Wait... So Karl is rejuvinating himself as a G&W? Bryan if u happend to find a way to Moore I could possibly melee

DualCats

Smash Ace
Nah. I'm pretty much done playing Melee competitively so I'm just going to play stupid characters because they're fun.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
my phone is currently in rice...

bryan contact me via the book of faces
jer contact me via steam
Tell me how that works out. From what I was told by several people, rice doesn't make your phone dry any faster.

EDIT: Real talk, I'm sorry if your phone is messed up. :( Worth trying at least?

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
The southwest needs high-speed railways so it doesn't take so ****ing long to get to places. It would also probably help to reduce carbon emissions.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Don't get me started on public transportation. Or universal healthcare.

Both of those things rock now that I've experienced them first hand.

****ing MRIs in Japan cost $15. X-rays are almost free, and Christine's prescription medicine is like 800% cheaper than America.

Also I'm going through all the trials in SFIV atm. If anything, at least I can play cleaner when I come back, but I'm still confused about things like when to switch from defense to offense or how to stop jump ins.

TxZero

Smash Cadet
so let's work on setting a date for a PR round robin/smashfest/funsies time.

early june so that people have time to ask off work. maybe the 9th or 16th? outlaw said we can use his house, if norman peeps would rather do it there then someone at OU needs to get off their *** and get a free union room :D

people i want to see there:

outlaw
wes
irish
zinth
cats
grave (kuni'ed for your pleasure)
the pimpest
clawfuse
the incomparable KOSY
rooster (moar kuni)
pay the mon, mon
txzero
any brawlers who want to come play the 2001 edition
anyone i'm forgetting who still plays (josh mentioned J91 & Matt86 ?)

but hide yo kids, hide yo wife, cause i'mma be rapin' errbody out there
Random shout out from hazy. I can dig it :p. Yeah I'd love to come up, hopefully bringing more with me. If this is for sure text me and let me know. (940)-228-9208

TxZero

Smash Cadet
Don't get me started on public transportation. Or universal healthcare.

Both of those things rock now that I've experienced them first hand.

****ing MRIs in Japan cost $15. X-rays are almost free, and Christine's prescription medicine is like 800% cheaper than America.

Also I'm going through all the trials in SFIV atm. If anything, at least I can play cleaner when I come back, but I'm still confused about things like when to switch from defense to offense or how to stop jump ins.
When in doubt: Cr. Fierce

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Y'all best be watchin out for EDMOND CR00 this summer.

And Outlaw's place is a super legit place to have Smashests/Round Robins. Tons of space. Everyone's gotta be there when this **** goes down.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
im the best player in Moore!

until Yawara comes back

also i feel like since karl doesnt wanna play competitively anymore, OK melee will go back to how it was before. not sayin it will... im just saiyan.
Bryan, when did you go to Outlaws?

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
I went to Outlaws on Wednesday and last Friday or something. I'm in Edmond now so it's pretty trivial for me to get there. Hazy and I are planning on going there again tonight.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
So last night, I dreamt that Gamestop or some **** opened up this huge Smash center. It was super legit: it was this large building with a huge room dedicated purely to Smash setups, a central lobby with free rental controllers (they weren't Nintendo brand, but who could afford that ****?), and I think it even had a parking garage.

So anyway, I didn't have my controller on me (I must have left it at the studio where I had my high school senior portraits taken), so I grabbed one of the provided third-party controllers, and then I went into the Smash room, but it turned out that there were only Brawl setups.

And I was like

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~

Top Bottom