• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Maan, I just found out how lame the OK smash scene is last night.

GG to my negros that were there. Got my *** whooped last night, Im a bit sloppy on the tech skill

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Man, everyone else wasn't supposed to flake, too :ohwell:

Whatevs, after the semester ends I'll be in Edmond for the summer and won't have obligations to school then so I'll be able to go to Outlaw's place any time.

Babac, we'll definitely get you caught up.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
First off, thanks to everyone for informing me of the gathering that didn't gather. I don't check Smashboards all that often these days (as evidenced by all the flaking that goes on), but I'm pretty sure at least Bryan has my number, but he didn't go, so lol. In the future feel free to text me @ (405)-532-2227 anytime you guys are playing.

Second, Bryan, do not question Drifloon. He drags children into the underworld by using his goofy looks to throw people off. He is the eater of souls. Ghost-type Pokemon are too boss. Sarcophagus Pokemon, y'all!

I'll keep my eyes peeled, so when there is something going on, I will come. Just give me the when/where.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Well, it sounds like there was a lot of non-communication going on, so we'll have to try again after the semester lets out and make sure that everyone is in the loop.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
And I had no idea that Karl was counting on me going. So, the moral of the story is that school sucks.

Which is why I'm doing more school after graduating this semester.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
cool name. yeah im down. heck i might even drop by again sometime before that date.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
LulZ.... Anyways.... I'll keep Pos number for future ref. Maybe someone will melee in a few weeks? I gotta go to bed.

:phone:

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
So I guess that tourny in Missouri is during memorial and labor day weekend? I think I i just got a 4 day weekend for That and a 4 day weekend for akon. I'm stoked. Now if only brandy will let me go to missou....

DualCats

Smash Ace
I just don't have a lot of money right now and would rather reserve it for more important things like rent and food. I'm about to lose my job and unless I can become employed really really goddamn quickly, my chances of having that sort of disposable income are negligible.

I also just don't care about Melee anymore. A lot of smash scenes are full of awesome people, but I think I'd prefer to just hang out and do debaucherous things. My recent performances in Melee have been highly discouraging and I just want to take a break from tourney-ing.

But we will meet again, sir. <3 money match?

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
I think Return of the Jedi is pretty cool. I always thought that Luke's green lightsaber in that film was awesome for some reason.

Anyway, here's some computational complexity theory that I still remember from studying for my final in that course (which is a graduate-level course at OU) last week:
An example of the translation lemma,
NSPACE(log(n)) ⊆ DSPACE((log(n))^2) --> NSPACE(f(n)) ⊆ DSPACE((f(n))^2) for all space-constructible functions f(n) ≥ log(n).
Proof (by use of a "padding argument"): Let L be any language in NSPACE(f(n)), and let M be a nondeterministic Turing machine that decides L and is space-bounded by f(n).
Define L_f as the "padded" version of L:
L_f = {x#^[2^f(|x|) - |x|] | x ∈ L}
Now, let M_f be a nondeterministic Turing machine that decides L_f and is time-bounded by log_2(n). M_f works as follows on input x:
(1) Verify that its input is of the form x#^[2^f(|x|) - |x|].
(2) Simulates M on symbols of x, ignoring the # symbols.
M_f halts on input x using space log_2(|x| + 2^f(|x|) - |x|) = log_2(2^f(|x|)) = f(|x|).
So, L_f is in NSPACE(log(n)), and because NSPACE(log(n)) ⊆ DSPACE((log(n))^2), L_f is also in DSPACE((log(n))^2), and so there also exists a deterministic Turing machine that decides L_f and is space-bounded by (log_2(n))^2; call it M'_f. Now, let M' be a deterministic Turing machine that decides L by simulating M'_f on input x in the following way:
(1) It simulates M'_f on x when M'_f scans symbols of x.
(2) When M'_f scans # symbols, it uses a counter to keep track of M'_f's tape-head position on the padded portion of its input.
M' halts on input x using space [log_2(|x| + 2^f(|x|) - |x|)]^2 = [log_2(f(|x|))]^2 = [f(|x|)]^2 to simulate M'_f and using f(|x|) space for the counter, so M' is a deterministic Turing machine that is space-bounded by (f(|x|))^2. Hence, L is in DSPACE((f(n))^2), and so we therefore have that NSPACE(f(n)) ⊆ DSPACE((f(n))^2). Q.E.D.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
When are persons down to come over? I want to go to that big tourney that is coming up, and I actually want to do well.
I graduate on Saturday so after this weekend I'll be pretty free to do stuff. I'll be in Edmond, then, so it'll be pretty easy for me to swing by, and I can bring Hazy along, too.

Played Project M last night. Pretty cool, but it still doesn't feel quite right. Of course, it is still just a demo, but honestly I don't think I'll ever like it as much as Melee (partly because I just don't like the Brawl game core nearly as much, and I'm not sure if the Melee gameplay feel can truly be replicated on it). Still, a promising project with a lot of potential.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
I think Return of the Jedi is pretty cool. I always thought that Luke's green lightsaber in that film was awesome for some reason.

Anyway, here's some computational complexity theory that I still remember from studying for my final in that course (which is a graduate-level course at OU) last week:
An example of the translation lemma,
NSPACE(log(n)) ⊆ DSPACE((log(n))^2) --> NSPACE(f(n)) ⊆ DSPACE((f(n))^2) for all space-constructible functions f(n) ≥ log(n).
Proof (by use of a "padding argument"): Let L be any language in NSPACE(f(n)), and let M be a nondeterministic Turing machine that decides L and is space-bounded by f(n).
Define L_f as the "padded" version of L:
L_f = {x#^[2^f(|x|) - |x|] | x ∈ L}
Now, let M_f be a nondeterministic Turing machine that decides L_f and is time-bounded by log_2(n). M_f works as follows on input x:
(1) Verify that its input is of the form x#^[2^f(|x|) - |x|].
(2) Simulates M on symbols of x, ignoring the # symbols.
M_f halts on input x using space log_2(|x| + 2^f(|x|) - |x|) = log_2(2^f(|x|)) = f(|x|).
So, L_f is in NSPACE(log(n)), and because NSPACE(log(n)) ⊆ DSPACE((log(n))^2), L_f is also in DSPACE((log(n))^2), and so there also exists a deterministic Turing machine that decides L_f and is space-bounded by (log_2(n))^2; call it M'_f. Now, let M' be a deterministic Turing machine that decides L by simulating M'_f on input x in the following way:
(1) It simulates M'_f on x when M'_f scans symbols of x.
(2) When M'_f scans # symbols, it uses a counter to keep track of M'_f's tape-head position on the padded portion of its input.
M' halts on input x using space [log_2(|x| + 2^f(|x|) - |x|)]^2 = [log_2(f(|x|))]^2 = [f(|x|)]^2 to simulate M'_f and using f(|x|) space for the counter, so M' is a deterministic Turing machine that is space-bounded by (f(|x|))^2. Hence, L is in DSPACE((f(n))^2), and so we therefore have that NSPACE(f(n)) ⊆ DSPACE((f(n))^2). Q.E.D.
I'll translate:

hey guys I'm done with school finally!

G. Vice

Smash Lord
You know, before I got to become pretty involved in the smash community I thought I was fairly intelligent.

The more and more I get to know smashers, I realize how ridiculously dumb I am in comparison.

Congrats on graduation Zinth! Your gift from me will be a 3 stock :)

pay.$.

Smash Cadet
Well pay.$. If u wanna play brawl I'm sure sonic storm is up for it ^.^

Funny but for really. Hell no I don't want to play brawl
And u know this mAn
Hell ill play ssbm with anyone who wants to
Money matches whatever
But if u want to toke then u gotta match

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
so let's work on setting a date for a PR round robin/smashfest/funsies time.

early june so that people have time to ask off work. maybe the 9th or 16th? outlaw said we can use his house, if norman peeps would rather do it there then someone at OU needs to get off their *** and get a free union room :D

people i want to see there:

outlaw
wes
irish
zinth
cats
grave (kuni'ed for your pleasure)
the pimpest
clawfuse
the incomparable KOSY
rooster (moar kuni)
pay the mon, mon
txzero
any brawlers who want to come play the 2001 edition
anyone i'm forgetting who still plays (josh mentioned J91 & Matt86 ?)

but hide yo kids, hide yo wife, cause i'mma be rapin' errbody out there

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Whenever. Wherever. The Living Legend will appear. You boys just set the date. AND MAKE SURE ALL YOUR ***** ARE THERE WHEN IT GOES DOWN. No more of this flaky **** OK Smashers have become renowned for. Whoever doesn't show... I'll find you. You don't want to incur my wrath.

It's Clobberin' Time!

Top Bottom