• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

emilywaves

Smash Apprentice
If we drive down the night before, we could use some housing but I'm not sure if that's reasonable. Does anyone have any reason for which they can't leave on Friday? I do; I'm going to be too stoned to know what to do with a GC controller. For real, though: Friday-night multi-state smashfests are delicious and neither Andy or me will have work johns. Bryan?

Also, we have to leave Saturday night because I work on Sunday.

Obvz, most of that only applies to my car.
Multi state smash fest is a win. Burning is a double win. My apartment is certainly burn friendly.

The only thing is, nobody else in DFW is stepping up to house, so everyone can definitely stay at my place, but I want to give you all a heads up that it will be crowded (possibly 15ish people)

emilywaves

Smash Apprentice
Ok, please remember that this will not be the most comfortable setup! Like i said, 15 people and three couches....bring sleeping bags and a towel if you want to shower. And don't forget setups! I have DC's number, pm me anyone else is driving and needs my number/address.

(oooh btw, this is PinkiePie. that's my TO account and this is my flame/troll account)

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
So looks like we got 2 dudes from Moore going as well in a separate car. Why they didn't tell me or post in here Idk >.< If u guys go Friday night I'd like to go with you to play.

:phone:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Smash tomorrow night?

Going to go to adviser next Tuesday and explore a possible Political Science degree. I think I may have enough credits to minor in it at the least.

Also, improv class is a lot of fun. Helps that I have a guy who taught some of the SNL faces teaching me.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
just got done playing P:M demo dos,

i like it. its alittle hard to get used to the weight the characters have (from the brawl side of things) but other than that i really am impressed on what they have accomplished so far. i enjoy playing Sonic and Ike. Zelda as well ofcourse.

emilywaves

Smash Apprentice
Dude, I just played Project M for the first time last night too! I was a bit wary at first, since I hear all the Brawl sounds which kinda turned me off. But damn, that game is freaking fun! It really is just like Melee :3

DualCats

Smash Ace
hey faggots, let's figure out this transportation-to-plano deal right the **** now because we're pretty much out of time.

My car is going. It will probably be holding: Me, Andy, Bryan, Josh, and Tanner (TxZero). Realistically, no one else will fit.

DualCats

Smash Ace
I don't know, that's what I'm worried about. It kinda sucks if one person has to drive alone. Can anyone else drive?

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Whats up, is this another tournament? Where and when? Man I need to pal some melee, **** is killin me.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Damn...I could have drove to Dallas. See, I can do things like that now that Im a big boy...errrr a real boy? Roy's our boy?

DualCats

Smash Ace
Yeah, Andy ball-sacked him. It's a tough MU, though. Sethlon was playing his *** off and it was really fun to watch. He beat my Sheik. The kid is no ****ing joke.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Someone convince my brother and folks to give me the PS3 they bought 2 weeks ago so I can get Skullgirls.

As it stands, that PS3 is planned to go to Pennsylvania with my dad, where it will do nothing but collect dust. :/

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
What were the results?

And Roy vs Samus is supposed to be the most one sided matchup in the game.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Guess I shoulda put one of the most sided, but I don't even know how Pichu vs ICs operates.

I guess Pichu gets CGd to death? But it seems like he'd be mobile enough to camp away where as Roy literally can't do anything to Samus if she just holds down.

ICs vs Roy is another pretty bad one too minus Rainbow Cruise and FD

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Josh, if you ever wanna beat an ICs with Roy, just camp the top platform of any stage. The most he can do is double jump and fair you. If he tries to get on the platform with you just hit him off, spam d-smash, or just grab him there and CG him.

Roy literally can't ever kill you if you choose never to move from the top platform as ICs.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Hey guys! If you guys are not too busy on May 26th, we're hosting one of our regular monthlies, with quite a large expected turnout. The thread isn't up for it yet, but I have confirmation from these dudes:
Jace
Stron gBad
VTS
Arby
CookieMonsta
King Siegfried
(possibly) G. Vice
and more.

Right now looking to be around 20-30 dudes. You guys should show up, if I remember correctly it's not THAT far (>4 hour drive). Springfield, MO is the location of course (Same location as MIST - different venue). PM me or respond here if you guys have any questions. Lemme know if you think you can show up.

Ziv

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Guess I shoulda put one of the most sided, but I don't even know how Pichu vs ICs operates.

I guess Pichu gets CGd to death? But it seems like he'd be mobile enough to camp away where as Roy literally can't do anything to Samus if she just holds down.
Somewhat, I figured Pichu's tiny range everywhere means he gets grabbed by one of the climbers each time he approaches. And if he tries to camp with thunder, ICs can simply walk away, and if he tries to camp with tjolts, Popo just shields and suddenly Pichu is now obligated to approach, which leads back to the tiny range issue.

I don't play Melee much, but that's how I see the MU playing out.

DualCats

Smash Ace
Hey guys! If you guys are not too busy on May 26th, we're hosting one of our regular monthlies, with quite a large expected turnout. The thread isn't up for it yet, but I have confirmation from these dudes:
Jace
Stron gBad
VTS
Arby
CookieMonsta
King Siegfried
(possibly) G. Vice
and more.

Right now looking to be around 20-30 dudes. You guys should show up, if I remember correctly it's not THAT far (>4 hour drive). Springfield, MO is the location of course (Same location as MIST - different venue). PM me or respond here if you guys have any questions. Lemme know if you think you can show up.

Ziv
I'm down. Who's coming with me?

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
Lets do it.

Also can we can everyone together this weekend to melee? Maybe we can get sethlon and Emily to come up if we get enough people.
Me
Dualcats
Rasta
Pay%
Zinth
Gravity
Outlaw
Hazygoose
Kosmos
Po
J91
Matt86*

That's a lot of dudes right there if everyone can confirm.

DualCats

Smash Ace
Lets do it.

Also can we can everyone together this weekend to melee? Maybe we can get sethlon and Emily to come up if we get enough people.
Me
Dualcats
Rasta
Pay%
Zinth
Gravity
Outlaw
Hazygoose
Kosmos
Po
J91
Matt86*

That's a lot of dudes right there if everyone can confirm.

This. I can host, but we should probably find somewhere bigger and possibly closer to OKC. Outlaw?

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
Possibly. I'll ask. I have more room than ur place if he can't do it. Any other volunteers to host if outlaw can't?

This just in - Outlaw can host. Now get everyone plus Pablo to show the **** up.

Please :)

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
if there is melee at outlaw's this weekend i'll ****in be there.
norman, get your ***** up here
i hope it's close enough for chris and possibly even babac/paemon to be interested :o
let's get enough for draft crews again

edit: jer or josh should post letting us know which day :o friday works best for me but naturally i can make saturday work too

Top Bottom