• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

DualCats

Smash Ace
I went to Outlaws on Wednesday and last Friday or something. I'm in Edmond now so it's pretty trivial for me to get there. Hazy and I are planning on going there again tonight.
you should come to Norman :V

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
When I get back, does anyone wanna learn Marvel and SFIV with me?

Like not Chris or Tom cause that's not learning with me, that's more like them beating the **** out of me lol

That way we can progress together until we get to a point where we can take off matches against said Tom or Chris and then move on from there?
[edit]

Also I don't think anyone cares, but at one point, I think all I did was watch smash videos to learn about the game. My subscription list on youtube is ****ing insane, and it's mostly filled with guys who uploaded mildly interesting videos for me to learn from.

But lately, the only thing I haven't been watching are smash videos. I even watch crappy Korean music videos in favor of watching smash vids just cause for Brawl, it's impossible to watch anymore. As for melee, there's literally nothing new to be impressed about. :/

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Lol Yawara, I can just sit down and teach you Marvel without Gravity Squeezing you every match. I just did it because it was funny :).

I stopped watching smash videos a long time ago.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
So I heard the Melee scene around here is pretty dead.
Not really, but this definitely isn't the most active we've ever been. We've also never really had that big of a scene. Where do you reside?

you play adventure mode, is the astonishing thing.
Lol, I know right? Well, a few years ago my data got reinitialized, and I haven't gotten all of the trophies again since then, so I'm going down the tier list and beating Adventure and All-Star modes with every character again. But yeah, I'm pretty tired of Adventure Mode. I think I was Pikachu when I got Falcon Punched.

I've actually been watching more Melee videos now than in the past. I'm starting to notice more of the intentionality of reads, and I feel that I'm now, more than ever, on the path of developing that skill, so Melee videos are pretty exciting for me right now.

Melee in general is particularly exciting to me right now, actually.

Even though I don't like arcade fighters that much, I might be interested in learning some SSFIV/MvC3 when I have the time. I think it would broaden my understanding of the dynamics of fighting games and the computational complexity involved. And who knows, I might then find them more enjoyable than I do currently.

melon_bread

Smash Rookie
Not really, but this definitely isn't the most active we've ever been. We've also never really had that big of a scene. Where do you reside?
Norman, sir. But my roommate also plays Melee and we're certainly not opposed to driving. (Mostly on our days off.)

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Norman, sir. But my roommate also plays Melee and we're certainly not opposed to driving. (Mostly on our days off.)
Well ****, Norman is one of our most consistently active regions. Right now we have DualCats and Gravity down there, I'm down there during the semester (I'm in Edmond right now, along with Hazygoose and Outlaw and his crew), and Sars_Pirate and Scuddlefish are down there when they're in America. Plus, The_Irish_Dude is in Moore, which is pretty close to Norman. There are also quite a few Brawl players in Norman, and some of them play Melee sometimes. You should definitely play with Gravity and DualCats sometime, though, and I'll be making trips down to Norman occasionally during the Summer.

Which characters do you and your roommate play?

melon_bread

Smash Rookie
I know DualCats, actually. I thought you all would have heard by now but I suppose it is my unfortunate duty to inform you that DualCats has been deported back to Mexico. I main Falco. My roommate mains Samus.

TxZero

Smash Cadet
Sooo... anything going on ever in Oklahoma? I'm not opposed to UMvC3 or SSF4AETurboSE2012 or W/E the **** it is now, even though I suck terribly at Street Fighter since no one else here plays it. **** I'd even be down for some Brawl... The scene here is 100% dead right now. Marvel players have work/girlfriend johns, Brawl players don exits and one of the people I played melee with the most moved to England for a few years.

TL;DR: someone play games with me I'm bored.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, kind of disappointed that melon_bread don exits.

Sooo... anything going on ever in Oklahoma? I'm not opposed to UMvC3 or SSF4AETurboSE2012 or W/E the **** it is now, even though I suck terribly at Street Fighter since no one else here plays it. **** I'd even be down for some Brawl... The scene here is 100% dead right now. Marvel players have work/girlfriend johns, Brawl players don exits and one of the people I played melee with the most moved to England for a few years.

TL;DR: someone play games with me I'm bored.
You know, if you're willing to travel to OK to play Melee, you should hit up the Dallas Melee scene sometime, which is about the same distance from you as OK. I understand that they have Smashfests pretty much weekly, and it would open up a lot more opportunities for you to get to play people.

TxZero

Smash Cadet
Yeah, kind of disappointed that melon_bread don exits.

You know, if you're willing to travel to OK to play Melee, you should hit up the Dallas Melee scene sometime, which is about the same distance from you as OK. I understand that they have Smashfests pretty much weekly, and it would open up a lot more opportunities for you to get to play people.
Yeahhh... maybe. You guys are just really chill and laid back and stuff.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
So I officially am arriving into the United States on August 14th.

I'll be back in Oklahoma that weekend probably, so let's meet up or something or another?

TxZero

Smash Cadet
So I officially am arriving into the United States on August 14th.

I'll be back in Oklahoma that weekend probably, so let's meet up or something or another?
We're gonna have to play Melee when you get back. I'm still a scrub and all that good stuff, but maybe I might not get ***** x4 by your falcon. I actually commit to shine spikes now... and I don't play as scared. I still lack a lot of confidence in every match-up except for Puff Samus and Sheik.. and I still get 100% ***** by Falcos, and I still pivot in my shine before I wavedash backward a lot.. meh.

TxZero

Smash Cadet
on an unrelated note, has anyone played Chrono Trigger? I kind of want to go find a copy, but don't know if it will be worth my time.

TxZero

Smash Cadet
I downloaded it on an emulator right after I posted, and yeah Karl, you're right. the soundtrack is ****ing epic.

Top Bottom