• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

melon_bread

Smash Rookie
I actually wouldn't be able to make it if I wanted to. I'll be in AZ next week.

I have no interest in project M, but if you have it and we live in the same place, I'm sure I'll play it.

MT_

Smash Ace
UT Austin Smash Club presents: Tchaikovsky's Iced Tea Sonata on July 21

Texas players and Oklahoma players have met in the past in a couple of tourneys: OHSNAP6 and RDD2. Let's make a third one happen at Texas's most hype tournament of the summer (and maybe the year!) featuring Broly and Mojo, a couple of Texas's best players. I hope you guys can make this! And of course, housing can be arranged for you guys. GO MELEE!

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
I like ****. Hopefully I can make it to that.

You best play it. It's pretty much Melee 2.0. Of course, the high-tier matchups on the standard stages are best played on Melee, but Project M sounds fun in that non-high-tier characters are more viable, and there are more characters and stages.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
" housing can be arranged for you guys." Is this an absolute positive? Not saying we are committed, but that was an issue last time member? Lol

:phone:

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I'm going to get Project M. I've been reading more about it, and, despite my uninspired first impressions of it, it sounds like it's the game that I wanted Brawl to end up being. Plus, it will give me something new to play when I'm not around other Smashers.
I've been playing it a lot lately, and I would highly recommend trying it out. Its very well done, especially considering its not even finished yet.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
I've been playing it a lot lately, and I would highly recommend trying it out. Its very well done, especially considering its not even finished yet.
I've actually been playing it a lot recently, as well (mainly doing all of the Brawl single-player stuff in Project M mode, since I hadn't done that stuff on my red Wii). It is a very high-quality and fun mod; there are so many nuances and careful considerations to what they've done. Plus, it plays basically just like Melee but with buffs to the bad characters, more characters and stages, and current-gen graphics (I still prefer the look of Melee, but I am growing to appreciate and accept the updated graphics as the inevitable consequence of a successive generation) and sound. I do want to try to replace applicable Brawl sound effects with their Melee equivalents, though, since I prefer the Melee sound effects. Honestly, though, if the completed Project M somehow became the new Melee standard, I would be okay with that; I think it's that legit. I hope they find a way for it to work without one having to delete all of his/her custom stages, though, because I can see that as potentially being something that keeps a lot of people from getting it. Plus, I'd like to try out custom stages in Project M mode.

I want to go to some of your Project M tournaments, but I don't really know how possible that is, since I'd most likely be the only one going and Melee tournaments are still my priority. Need high-speed railways to Dallas.

Speaking of Melee tournaments, I don't think I'll be able to go to FC because this mandatory Graduate Teaching Assistant training thing is on the 14th. Ultimate sad face :( Maybe I can save up for Apex 2013 instead?

EDIT: Lil' Will, you should Smash with us in Edmond sometime. Give me your number so I can hit you up when stuff goes down.

MT_

Smash Ace
" housing can be arranged for you guys." Is this an absolute positive? Not saying we are committed, but that was an issue last time member? Lol

I will give priority to OOS for housing, but my place doesn't really have a limit on how many people can stay. I have quite a bit of (wooden) floor space, you guys will just need to bring like sleeping bags/blankets/pillows and stuff. I'm not sure what happened in Dallas but yes, the Austin scene will absolutely house you guys one way or another. Other than my place, there are a few others that should be able to house people in Austin so it really should be no problem. Just let us know in advance.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Plus, it plays basically just like Melee but with buffs to the bad characters, more characters and stages, and current-gen graphics...
In addition, it also keeps all the brawl advanced techniques (like fox trotting/pivot grabs/b-reversals), so there are even more ways to move around and do stuff :colorful:

I want to go to some of your Project M tournaments, but I don't really know how possible that is, since I'd most likely be the only one going and Melee tournaments are still my priority. Need high-speed railways to Dallas.
Its not quite a high-speed rail, but megabus can get you from Norman to the DFW area for super cheap (like, $5> cheap).

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
Can't make it down to Austin that weekend. Gfs 21st bday. I'll bet you loads of alcohol that she will say fux nos to goin to a melee tourny lol

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I think I played Project M that one time at Forest's, and I really liked it.

I also remember being naturally a beast at it so that might have been something to do with it.

TWO MORE MONTHS TILL THIS NGGA COMES BACK AND ROCKS YOUR WORLD

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Yo, I just tried out that bus site, and it says Norman to Dallas it 50cents.
Yeah, none of the bus rides I saw were more than a dollar; it seems almost too good to be true. I'd be down for taking a bus to a Dallas Smashfest, even. If we do take that bus sometime I guess we'd need someone in Dallas to pick us up from the bus stop and take us back to it, though.

In other news, I've got a job interview for a summer internship at a flight simulator software company tomorrow. Hopefully having a degree will mostly seal the deal, but if I don't get it then at least I'll still have the summer freedom, and at least it got me to compose a resume finally, so I see it as a win-win situation. I figure that I should probably do something this summer if I want to go to Caltech, though, and the money would be nice also. It'd also potentially be a good qualifying experience for getting an internship at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory at some point, which I've been told is a good place to work for getting into Caltech.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
That Megabus thing looks amazing. A friend of mine confirmed the legitimacy of the service to me as well, so it may be OK's answer to get to places.

I wonder if it's feasible to get from Norman to PA through a series of bus routes using this, and save like 100 bucks in the process.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Yo, I just tried out that bus site, and it says Norman to Dallas it 50cents.
I'm pretty sure thats a promotional deal for the first couple of weeks after Megabus opens in the south. Generally rides look to be $1 if you book them ahead of time.

Only downside is atm the DFW megabus drop off area is in Grand Prairie (read;middle of nowhere between Dallas and Fort Worth). I imagine we'd be able to arrange some sort of pickup though.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
So I decided in an interest to not only save money to travel but also because I wanna do it, I think I'm gonna spend my lunches only eating instant noodles of every kind in Japan. And then documenting it via a movie. Probably called suuuupelu sizuu me.

Top Bottom