• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Man, I'd love to go to a tournament in Austin, but this weekend is not a good time for me to do so. I should be able to do a lot more over the summer, though.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
So, apparently she's swamped with work to the point that she can't take time to see or talk to me, but has enough time to go watch a Big Bang Theory marathon with her friend.

Pretty sure that's all the convincing I need.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I feel for you man, but like I said, I know it's hard, but the main thing you have to do is just be comfortable with yourself and where you're at, realize what's happened has past, and look forward to the future and all the great things that are destined to come.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I would've liked it better if she had been direct with me. It would have made me feel better at the end of the day to know the honest truth, and would have made her feel better to let it out, instead of *****footing around.

I would have liked to know the truth moreso because then it would give me an idea of what I did wrong here, if I did anything "wrong," and see if I can work on it, or it would have eased me to know that I was simply not the type of person she was looking for. I want honest criticism and truth before "maybes" all the time.

Of course, I could just grossly exaggerating all of this.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Nah, you're not exaggerating. That's just the confusion that comes after every break up and honestly sometimes, you won't do anything wrong and have a girl drop you just cause maybe it wasn't what she was looking for or vice versa.

Relationships suck when they end, they're great when you're in them, but regardless, the worst thing to do is to linger with regret, right? It's just that i wouldn't recommend you chasing shadows if that makes sense?

Also, SSFIV is tight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slp2CEoAT5s&feature=channel_video_title

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
Dude I wouldn't dwell on it. Just go find a new girl, or immerse yourself in a video game. Replacement and/or escapism are the best ways to deal with losses/problems.
Lol I give the worst advice.

Edit: Lol at SSF4 @3:00 hadouken hadouken hadouken hadouken hadouken
hadouken hadouken hadouken

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
You should totally get yourself an "Ask Abby" column in the paper someday Curtis.

BTW, burgers tonight?

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
So, apparently she's swamped with work to the point that she can't take time to see or talk to me, but has enough time to go watch a Big Bang Theory marathon with her friend.

Pretty sure that's all the convincing I need.
HOLY ****, we didn't date the same girl did we? She also made me the excuse that she was gonna be too busy the following semester to date me.

When I went to visit my gf in Lubbock, she made us watch an entire season of Big Bang Theory.
I loved just being with her, but frankly I didn't find the show that funny, not hilarious anyways.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Holy ****, I was letting my girlfriend play my Pokemon Black Version, and she found a shiny Klink! I was making her a sandwich (major role reversal here apparently) and she told me about it, and then I caught it! Woo! This is the first non-Gyarados shiny I've seen since my japanese Gold Version.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
I can one up you there, my gf told me she thinks Brawl is boring and that Melee is awesomeness, she even knew all the technical terms.

I never got to play with her cuz of the distance, but it will likely intrigue me ever more.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Holy ****, I was letting my girlfriend play my Pokemon Black Version, and she found a shiny Klink! I was making her a sandwich (major role reversal here apparently) and she told me about it, and then I caught it! Woo! This is the first non-Gyarados shiny I've seen since my japanese Gold Version.
Klink is one of the best.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
AH3 turnout was surprising: Tommy, James, Steve Garret and myself are too good! Kos Mos needs to come put us in our place..
Glad to see 6 anime kids enjoying the game as well. Probably run a little side tourney at monthlies on the 30th.

We also had 2 walk ins play some melee, not bad. only 1 was interested in playing further. We also need to get Alex Ngo to play because he is a spacy and we need spacy practice!

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
So is Austin a nogo? I'm down. I would drive but I don't have insurance yet. They have offered to house, to help fund our trip, etc.

If not there is Event 52? Lawrence KS May 7th.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298236
Bryan, Cats anyone? I think we can do better vs Midwest now...or

edit: maybe not it says now swearing because its in a church *burn into flames* ZOMG ITS DARK MARTH! 1 firey feather out of neutrals, 3 fireFirey feathers out of tilts, and 5 out of smashers. DIE.

DualCats

Smash Ace
I'll drive to Austin if we can get four people. One of those four people might be named Bryan Hoke, the Science Bloke™.

DualCats

Smash Ace
Regardless of traveling circumstances, we should smash this weekend. If we don't make it to Austin, I still have a three-day weekend.

But seriously, we should go.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Is it an absolute requirement for there to be four people in your car?

AZ is actually leaving today, they're driving all the way from Phoenix, and Dallas is likely coming too now.

DualCats

Smash Ace
I don't have much money >__< But if we can get Bryan to go, I'll do it. Also: Alex, if you come with us, I'll buy you food. :3

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Remember were still doing monthlies on the 30th.
Sadly, I don't think we will be able to make it to austin unless we could miraculously get a rapeton of gas.
I think its just too expensive for 2 people to cover the whole trip.

Damn I really wanted to be there!

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Give it one more shot guys, tell 'em its a huge opportunity to play some super talented smashers.

Also I don't want AZ to feel lonely as the only OOS, haha. From the looks of things, this is the only southwest tourney AXE will be attending outside of AZ until Genesis 2, so take advantage while you can. Housing won't be an issue, and Tirno may even be able to cover additional expenses.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone else remember how scary Lavender Town's theme was?
Dude, I just listened to it with my girlfriend, who had only played Ruby and Emerald, the other day. She agreed with me that turning off the sound every time I went to Lavender Town was a reasonable thing to do. They really changed the feeling of the town to be more spiritual rather than spooky in GSC and the remakes, though.

Part of the reason I can't make this tournament is that it's on Easter Weekend. I mean, I'm an atheist, but I still celebrate it secularly with my family (and chocolate), and I've had this weekend set aside to visit home. Plus, I have an exam and a robot due on Monday, and have an appointment scheduled to take my laptop to the Apple Store on Saturday, so travelling to a tournament on Saturday would be flat-out irresponsible of me.

Oh, cool, we get a Melee character icon and a Brawl character icon now?

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
To Gravity and those of you playing super awesome AH3 (which is everyone but Zinth *snap snap* *grin grin* *wink wink* *nudge nudge* say no more, SAY NO MORE.)

AH3 Wiki (explains system and arcana and has character combos) http://arcana.mizuumi.net/wiki/Main_Page
AH3 Visual guide to character moves http://arcana.mizuumi.net/canon/Top/top.html
AH3 board http://homingcancel.com/index.php & http://homingcancel.com/regional/oklahoma-thread-best-state-in-the-state/

Good luck with Scharlachot she's a *****. From what I understand she's like metaknight in that she's easy, everyone plays her, and most are scrubs. But she's not that broken just getting past those chains is a *****. On the plus side Kos Mos should be really good matchup experience on this one.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
I don't think she's "easy." As far as being overplayed, *shrugs* I haven't really seen a whole lot of match videos of her (but perhaps I'm just looking in the wrong place, plus she was the character I wanted to play when I first heard about AH3) . She reminds me of Chun Li... Really good normals, but once you get close to her...it might be game over for her.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
I didn't mean easy, I meant zoney and safe, the boss character is always good(Except I-No wtf?). I'm just complaining about the matchup because its so hard for me to get in with Weiss, lol. Once I do its pretty good but getting in there is hard as nails.

Good matches with Everyone lastnight for sure. More soon I hope. I'm going to run this on the side for 5 bucks at saturdays Monthlies.

Top Bottom