• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
So i was watching a Card Saga Wars video on ign and one of the comments is

"I read this article, the article wrote very goodly, I like,
Vogue beautiful prom dresses, we are worth owning. "

and links to prom dress site. Best sales pitch evar for sure.

Anyway really excited about this game. Indie stuff has some major potential right now with large developers becoming increasingly locked into a need for online play and demographic pandering. This game and Project M have me more excited than any recent or upcoming commercial fighter right now.
This game actually has specials that control like smash brothers, and combos that control like a normal fighting game, with alot of variability in assist/special/hypers, mobility options, and alot of Nintendo characters with moves straight out of smash (Samus, Mario, Link, Bowser, Donkey Kong plus classics like Sonic, Mega Man, Chrono, and Chocobo)
http://wii.ign.com/articles/115/1158078p1.html

I'll probably be playing alot of this until Nintendo decides to release a new, more awful smash brothers game for their new console.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
[collapse=Smash Brothers Incarnate]
[/collapse]

I've been so ****ing bored the last week, hence my massive tirades here in OKthread. God damn it was good to smash saturday, lets smash more. Also ****ing arcana heart! And Alex said something about MK9, probably not my type of game I'll play some Shang Tsung fo sho just so I can EAT YOUR SOUL!

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
mk9 looks fun, its looks like constant rushdown from both sides. other things i like are the short-lived submissive states: you get hit, it might be a combo, but then you are straight back in the action even from a knock down or corner. You're not exactly in a disadvantaged situation much, at least from what i've seen.

Even though enjoy those aspects of pressuring in melee and momentum fighters, this is a nice change.

edit: shoutouts to:
-Heath
-Familydollar
-Sentinel

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
I might play a little Kenshi or Kabal.
Definitely playing some Weiss and Eko though! <3
But more than anything, this wednesday I'll be playing some Peach.

As far as Austin goes...well I want to go but as of now its just you and me Cats. ARK srk people are going to Cactus jacks for their monthly marvel sf thing, might be fun to do some GGXX or Arcana Heart friendlies there if Austin doesn't work out. I'm definitely **** broke so if we DO go to austin we have to get housing and take some snacks. I would be down just to go with you though, itll be a bonding experience. DoH might go and he improved my game alot last time I played him.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
My girlfriend broke up with me last night. Strangely, I didn't feel as downtrodden as I expected I would be. Maybe I was just overestimating the feelings I would think I'd get.

That's not to say I wasn't upset or sad; I was. I just imagined my reaction to be akin to Stan from South Park when Wendy broke up with him LOL.

I left her some words of condolences and assurance, so maybe we'll pick it back up later; maybe not. Life's a mystery.

With that said, I may go to the Union tomorrow after my Physics test WHICH I HAVE NOT STUDIED FOR YET. Maybe I'll Melee, maybe not.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry to hear that Sonic. Early romances don't often last long.
Whats important to remember are the good times you had with her, and to learn what you liked and did not like about the relationship and the partner, so as to refine your preference in the future. Everything should be a learning experience. I know that in alot of my previous relationships, when I later talked to the girl she only seemed to remember the negative parts of our relationship, while I made it a point to remember the postive ones along with the negative for a clear record on events and useful and pleasant memory database. OF course some times it takes a few days or weeks of emotional distress to get to that point, but it all works out longterm.

Maybe I'll see you tomorrow night. I plan on playing some Arcana Heart, if you Melee I'll lowtier with you, my young link is terrible but I love him!

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Like that garbage character sheik. Are you going to austin or what? I also really love that smashboards layout updates in real time. Nothing worse than typing a bunch of **** only to see 3 posts have been made about it answering all your questions or saying the exact same thing you said.

DualCats

Smash Ace
I'd like to go to Austin but no one has really shown any interest. :/ But if we can fill my car up, I think I can drive. (If I get my insurance card mailed to me by then.)

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The reason she ended it wasn't out of malice or dissatisfaction or anything; she felt she had a bigger priority atm and thought it unfair that I was basically left hanging until it was done.

Then again, I'm not a mind reader; she may have said that just to let me down easy. But she's been honest with me this entire time so I have no reason to stop trusting now.

Herp derp persona issues.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Just don't stress about it dude, the worst thing after every break-up is to obsess over what happened.

Just let it slide and look forward to what comes next.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
the money i can spend in my bank account amounts to somewhere between 1 and 2 US dollars. gotta sit austin out, i'm hoping to be really active during the summer though since i just got a jerb. turker durr.

i'mma prob team with kyle at the monthly if i can get him to come. i have been PLing him. he took a match off me, like forest, so i guess he's getting p good. MY REIGN IS NOT YET OVER, THOUGH, PREPARE TO BE ANNIHILATED! 11 days until the cell games, earf/oklahoma is about to get wreckedddddd

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
You can probably place in Austin hazy, if you think you can beat ARC and JF.
Regardless I just made 100 bucks, I'll spot you your entry fee if you go because OK needs to represent. Stipulation is you have to partner with me in teams.

Maybe thats a hasty offer, but it also requies a 4th person to get in the car so someone step up.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Or every other tourney, but since we lack that tourney experience we couldn't. So let's get some of that tourney experience soon?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The four Norman brawl players can hold their own against some Texas and Kansas greats, so we're good 8D

:phone:

po pimpus

Smash Ace
YOU'RE ALL SCRUBS, THAT'S WHY YOU DON'T DO WELL AT TOURNEYS, LOL...

I think if Chris had a stroke, and lost 60% of his muscle functions, he'd STILL beat most of you... That ninja is a Fighting Game Savant.

Me, on the other hand? Well, I have a different problem...

I feel like I live in a world made of cardboard. Always taking constant care not to break something, or someone... Never losing control... even for a moment... or someone could DIE. But you guys can take it, can't you?
What we have here is a rare opportunity for me to cut loose... and show you just how powerful I REALLY am...

The Legendary One still stalks this Earth... Beware his Flame of Chaos!

po pimpus

Smash Ace
LMAO. Didn't want to hurt Yawara's pride that day. We go way back like four flats on a Cadillac, dawg...

FIGHT ME! OR I'LL DESTROY THE EART!!​

po pimpus

Smash Ace
I was really thirsty and thinking of this girl I liked...

I HAD SOOO MUCH MATH HOMEWORK THAT I COULDN'T CONCENTRATE ON SMASH BECAUSE I'M FLUNKING ALGEBRA II!!!

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
You can probably place in Austin hazy, if you think you can beat ARC and JF.
Regardless I just made 100 bucks, I'll spot you your entry fee if you go because OK needs to represent. Stipulation is you have to partner with me in teams.

Maybe thats a hasty offer, but it also requies a 4th person to get in the car so someone step up.
ARC doesn't live in Austin anymore. Also, considering JF isn't even the best player in Austin itself, you'll have to go through a lot more than just JF to place at NSIC :awesome:.

In any case, you guys should totally come to NSIC. Oklahoma will always hold a special place in my heart, and seeing/playing you guys will bring back fond memories of the tournament where dreams came true :).

If money's an issue, I could donate some monies to the cause. Housing is also definitely a solvable issue, esp. if you guys aren't averse to sleeping on floors and couches.

Also, lols at the JF-related saltiness.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Arcana Heart 3 is actually....pretty good >___>. Played it yesterday and its actually pretty technical and whatnot. Not sure how seriously I'll take this game, but it is fun.

EDIT: I'm thinking about buying MK9 too...just cause

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
I heard a rumour that Axe will be there, too. <______<
Oh it aint no rumor...

so, who all wants to come to Austin?

and btw Sonic, my gf basically dumped me last weekend too, and I was miserable all weekend. She was my first love too.
Actually, she broke up with me back in December because she said she was gonna have too much to do next semester, but she still loved me and said we could be together in the future. Last weekend she got a new bf and deleted me off facebook just so that she wouldn't have to confront me, the same girl who claimed to love me....

Not only that, she and her friends told me I just need to move on, didn't give a **** about how hard it can be to move past your first love, just called me psychotic. I'm going to hurt for a long time simply because of how serious and how dependent I got on her, although I'm finally figuring out how to at least be angry with her instead of just miserable.

Top Bottom