• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Lol I remember netbattle good times good times. :) Any smashfest coming up want to know before so I can actually maybe get a chance to go I miss playing you guys. :laugh:

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
im not 100% but i am at least 95% there is one going down in norman (most likely my house) on the weekends. I am 100% sure i wont even be there on time.

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
im not 100% but i am at least 95% there is one going down in norman (most likely my house) on the weekends. I am 100% sure i wont even be there on time.
It's all good man I just mostly want to come over and have some laughs and show off my Toon Link, Pikachu, Olimar, Wario, MetaKnight, Sonic, and my Snake. :laugh:

Also I'm dying to see how I'm doing as a player overall.

Keroku

Smash Apprentice
I need to play you guys more, too. and I also need to learn matchups and what to do/not do.

my Fox got ***** by FK's ZSS :3

:3

Keroku

Smash Apprentice
Fox has bad matchups with a lot a ppl, He said aside from Dsmash and sideB, ZSS isn't too bad though.

**** dsmash lock D:<

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Guys since none of you will fork over or help me get the OHSNAP 5 tio file(did u even upload it to AiB?) could you guys help list of the top 8 teams in low tiers? I REALLY NEED THIS DATA FOR THE SBR!!!!

1st=Lee Martin(ike)+Dojo(C falcon)
2nd=Legan(link)+Xyro(samus)
3rd=Ultimate Razer(jiggs)+BadNewsBear(falcon/Mario)
4th=Gnes(ness/jiggs)+Dphat(ness)
5th=
5th=

Can some one CALL Sars Pirate/Gmo/FattyFatFatso and get the file or at least the results? Its been a long as time and i really really need it. PLEASE

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
look ive tried and he NEVER answers me. you know the guy better than i do, can u call him or text him please. BTW, how many low tier teams entered?

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Fox has bad matchups with a lot a ppl, He said aside from Dsmash and sideB, ZSS isn't too bad though.

**** dsmash lock D:<
Lol when you play my Toon Link watch out for my OHKO setups they're deceiving. :laugh:

The low tier results STIL haven't showed up wow....:(

V.S. ZSS think smart and be safe and poke you know Nair laser I use reverse boost pivot grab for reatreating really quick I also use use SH Illusion if I think I'm cornered seriously just run and laser ask Kuni for lasering and camping advice he's good at that. :bee:

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
<_<

Just don't fight a TL near the ledge till you're 30%, and you can't OHKO set up lol Unless it's like YS or Lylat or something, but still, if you've gotta watch out for the d-smash, it's not hard even with reverse boomerang setups and bomb tracks.

And dude Xyro, I called, texted, said it ot him in person, pointed it out to him at Hobo, etc. Like, I've got no power at all over this.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Keroku, there is a real simple answer to this match up. Camp the edge, and do nothing but shoot lasers on the edge. My Fox does perfectly fine if I do this. I just don't in friendlies because it's stupid. ZSS can't infinite you then, and she can't gimp you very well either. Seriously, if you never leave the edge part of the stage, you got this match in the bag. Once she starts to space side B's, just wait for the next one, jump air-dodge towards her, and up smash/whatever.

FK1

Smash Journeyman
I only dsmash locked him 1 stock to show him. The rest I played because locks and such are stupid in friendlies.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Gentlemen, I know you have all forgotten about me, but allow me to reintroduce myself...

I am Po Pimpus, one the OG Smash players of Oklahoma. I have traveled near and far in search of competition. I have thrown down with some of the biggest names in Smash and managed to hold my own. While, no, I have never won a singles event, I was once, still am, and will always be a threat to anyone's hopes for victory.

Despite my best efforts, it seems that my legacy has not yet been solidified. For this reason I am requesting all of Oklahoma's active players (and maybe even some inactive) get together for one ultimate round-robin clash of ultimate destiny.

As I near the limit of what I can reasonably accomplish, I want one more go at everyone to prove that my style of play is still as strong as it ever was. There are those among you who believe me to be a joke character at best, or a trash-talking weakling at worst. Neither of these are even close to plumbing the depths of who and what I am to this community.

A round-robin will allow me to put my money where my mouth is, so to speak. I will make one promise: regardless of whether I achieve victory or once again find myself defeated, I will make this my last stand... I have grown tired of Brawl's BS (Easy-button gameplay, rude-***, arrogant noobs who can't hold my water bottle in games that require skill, honorable mentions, etc.) and this will be the last time I attempt to put any effort into the competitive side of this game.

Once the dust is settled, Po Pimpus will not touch Brawl competitively again. I will take all the drama, trash-talk, and SHORYUKENs with me into the great beyond. No, this isn't one of those 'retirement speeches' everyone is so fond of, this is me deciding to give my all in one, final, epic effort to PROVE that I am one of Oklahoma's greatest players PERIOD.

If you take offense to these statements, well then I suggest you put your efforts towards making this happen so that you may finally be rid of me once and for all.

TL;DR version: Somebody make a round-robin tourney, get everyone there, and let's settle this **** one time, for all time.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
in all fairness, all 2-d fighters have their broken elements. You just happen to land on one where you picked one of them. chris makes arakune sound pretty easy toplay.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Any fighting game with more than 15 characters is bound to have ****ty ones. I don't think anyone honestly expects a fighting game to have real balance since it's not possible cause it's a game.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Any fighting game with more than 15 characters is bound to have ****ty ones. I don't think anyone honestly expects a fighting game to have real balance since it's not possible cause it's a game.
SO true, only time a game becomes balance is when everyone is broken.
It really is impossible to make a game really balanced cause every character will have an aspect that makes them unique from one another and one character will have an aspect that is more useful then the rest.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
As an Arakune player myself, I can tell you Arakune is not easy to play in the slightest. He probably just makes it seem so b/c he plays Rachel, one of maybe only two characters in the game more difficult to learn than Ara (the other being Carl).

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
T = 1/f = 2π/ω = λ/v = 2π√(L/g) = 2π√(m/k) = 2π√(I/mgd) = 2πr/v ???

Oh, sorry... it's been a long day.
GIT DAT **** OUTTA HUR *****!!!!

I'm sorry but I had to go into gansta mode when I saw that. :bee:

@PO
RTSD Style is the way to go *thumbs up* Brawl has been alot less boring ever since I started playing that way.

Keroku

Smash Apprentice
Being an Arakune Main sucks, cause everyone's an arakune main round here it seems D:<

I'ma back my ara wif tager, :3

also, Kuni, how good is your Fox? can you show me some stuff sometime?

also also: I'm down for a Big *** round robin. I need to officially put my footprint in the OK smash scene

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Yo Will you mentioned me showing you some stuff about Falco.
I'm definitely up for that :).
Hopefully this weekend I'll see you at the smashfest.

Nice seeing you Yawara even though I had to get to class....have fun in geography...:-/

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Yo Will you mentioned me showing you some stuff about Falco.
I'm definitely up for that :).
Hopefully this weekend I'll see you at the smashfest.

Nice seeing you Yawara even though I had to get to class....have fun in geography...:-/
Yep yep I should be able to go one of my friends who went with me last time is coming as well.

Lol Oklahoma is home of the Warios/Falcos in Brawl and home of the Arakunes in Blazblue nice.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
Dang...I'm likin' Dphat's sig...
i thought the exact same thing.

but in all seriousness, Po's usual argument is that his character isn't tourney viable cause there are some characters that are just plain better. That is true.

I've seen brandon pick DDD, at least when it came to me, nothing changed

He also picked MK, again when it comes to me, nothing changed. I can't recall anybody changing mains and doing better than they were before.

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
i thought the exact same thing.

but in all seriousness, Po's usual argument is that his character isn't tourney viable cause there are some characters that are just plain better. That is true.

I've seen brandon pick DDD, at least when it came to me, nothing changed

He also picked MK, again when it comes to me, nothing changed. I can't recall anybody changing mains and doing better than they were before.
No offense to Po but his Luigi can get better I just think he hasn't found out whats totally missing in his gameplay you know he has hit that plateau maybe he should mess around with other characters and learn their playstyles and then convert them to his playstyle I played Olimar and Falco and learned their usual campy metagame and converted it to my MetaKnight and it worked especailly when I played Daniel at the Norman monthly I got my revenge on him and out clocked him. All in all if Boss has one some Local tourneys with Mario/Luigi (he went all Luigi in a tourney and came in first out placing everyone they ALL used MetaKnight). Po don't quit your just reaching that point where your seriously having trouble your one of my favorite players to talk to and watch playing which made me actually want to keep on playing you brought out my so-called loud side :laugh:. But yeah Hanson left I don't want to see another one of my Oklahomies go you know. You should go Luigi/Snake that is so far the BEST Main Secondary for Weegee in my opinion.

Like you say "Go big... MARIO BIG"

Lol I just noticed DPhat's sig all I gotta say is niiiiiiice :bee:.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
You should go Luigi/Snake that is so far the BEST Main Secondary for Weegee in my opinion.

Like you say "Go big... MARIO BIG"

Lol I just noticed DPhat's sig all I gotta say is niiiiiiice :bee:.
Or go all snake.

Top Bottom