• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Simply Rice

Smash Journeyman
Hey if any of you guys are going to Event 52 we are in need of full set ups (tv's!) and if you bring one you will save $5 at the door. Bring one if you can!

Scud

Smash Apprentice
We have OU Texas this weekend...and we have thanksgiving break....

So everyone in Norman...I would really like to be able to do stuff during the week as well as on the weekend. I'm really busy just like everyone else..but couldn't we meet at least once for several hours?
Just suggesting you know....

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
lol screw you Tom

And am I supposed to how Kuni spells my name still? And Kuni, FOUR DAY WEEKEND!

As for GMO, let's do it Thursday then. I'll see if Hanson's free tomorrow.

waveshinespike

Smash Cadet
im exempt (sp) from my tests this 9 quarter so i have 1 day of school tomorrow :)
2 days for tests that i dont have to go to and 2 days of fall break !!!1!
so i think i will be free...

Auddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Auddy07
Hey waveshinespike, if you'd like we PV kids could play with you sometime. Just tell me when your free and we could play. It's always good to meet fellow OK players, and it's new competition to practice against, and we have no idea how you play and vice versa.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Yo, "Yowara" :laugh: , or Brett, or whoever, on top of Brawl, I'd really, REALLY like to get in as much Melee as possible this weekend. I had Chris over today, and we both(me especially, as Chris started to turn it around) stunk up the room... :(

I swear, I've never played so badly since first discovering the ATs in Melee. At this point, if I don't/can't turn it around, I'm heavily considering not even going to Kansas, as it would be a complete waste of a spot better reserved for someone who could actually pose a challenge to the top talent that is going to be there.

So, with that, if any of you guys are willing, I'd like to pull maybe a couple of all-nighters, and maybe a small round-robin tournament of some sort to try and shake this rust off. If that doesn't work, then maybe Paemon or Pablo(who should both go anyway, you too, Babac :mad: ) should take my place on Team Oklahoma, because I will not embarrass myself like I did today in front of the entire Melee community.

I have a high standard for excellence, and if I can't deliver, I will gladly hang up my controller and walk away for good.

Shade_

Smash Ace
i feel the same way po, but if i practice for a day or two before i think i'll be fine. My skill level is the same as it used to be in melee and will probably stay like since i'm not competitive it but its not like i wont play for fun lol.

Gravity

Smash Ace
uh, i might be willing to venture into the ghetto early next week, like monday or tuesday, to get some games in.

cant do it this weekend though.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
LOL I think we just had a really off day Brandon. I've been playing too much brawl (don't get me wrong, its a good game, it's just annoying when I try and spot dodge over and over and it doesn't work or when I try and glide toss with Peach and end up rolling). Yesterday my best character was Fox (which is ******** because I was doing technical **** that I usually can't pull off and all of my other characters were garbage).

Ah well, I really need to sit down and play melee for awhile.

pay.$.

Smash Cadet
if you play b= suck at m

if you play m= suck at b

its not the hard to understand

pay.$.

Smash Cadet
Yo, "Yowara" :laugh: , or Brett, or whoever, on top of Brawl, I'd really, REALLY like to get in as much Melee as possible this weekend. I had Chris over today, and we both(me especially, as Chris started to turn it around) stunk up the room... :(

I swear, I've never played so badly since first discovering the ATs in Melee. At this point, if I don't/can't turn it around, I'm heavily considering not even going to Kansas, as it would be a complete waste of a spot better reserved for someone who could actually pose a challenge to the top talent that is going to be there.

So, with that, if any of you guys are willing, I'd like to pull maybe a couple of all-nighters, and maybe a small round-robin tournament of some sort to try and shake this rust off. If that doesn't work, then maybe Paemon or Pablo(who should both go anyway, you too, Babac :mad: ) should take my place on Team Oklahoma, because I will not embarrass myself like I did today in front of the entire Melee community.

I have a high standard for excellence, and if I can't deliver, I will gladly hang up my controller and walk away for good.
po would love to go it would be good a old time.
but i have no money (but that never stoped me before) and i dont even know who would give me a ride but i am pretty good at melee because when you guys are playing brawl i was playing melee.
so if i can get some money i would love to go and if some one can give me a ride?:chuckle:
p.s Omega_Star u r right brawl sucks!!!

waveshinespike

Smash Cadet
Hey waveshinespike, if you'd like we PV kids could play with you sometime. Just tell me when your free and we could play. It's always good to meet fellow OK players, and it's new competition to practice against, and we have no idea how you play and vice versa.
im not that great =\

im free on weekends and after school for the most part

My friend Dustin won 20,000 dollars off a scratch off (his parents actually but whatever) :O :O :O

thats over half of what my dad makes in a year....

Shade_

Smash Ace
brawl IS my real smashers game, its so much easier for me to play the way i want to and get away with it in this game. And i don't like comboes i can't get out off, thats one of the reasons i stoped competitive melee actually, because once you were in a combo against a good player you were screwed and you might as well put your controller down because youll never get back on the stage with fox if chris is marth.

It makes a fun thing to just hang out with people though which is why i'm willing to practice just for the sake of kansas, but i really think after kansas no more melee tournies for me, don't have enough money for things like that anymore.

Auddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Auddy07
Hey, if anyone in Norman is planning on having a smashfest type get together on next Thursday, the 16th, Me and some of the PV Kids WILL, I repeat, WILL be able to make it that day. We can't on Friday or Saturday, but Thursday we can.

Just let me know where/when.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Tomorrow theres a lock in at gamerz paradise...
its like $30 from 10pm to 8am unlimited gaming and a free piece of pizza and drink
http://gamerzp.com/index.html
I think everyone should go.
I'm trying my best, hopefully within the next month if they get enough business I'll host a tournament there
I need you guys to help spread the word about this place, even if you don't live in edmond, I'd like to see a place like this stay open, yeah there's HxC, but they STILL aren't open... lol no offense HxC guys, but this place is open right now, I'll support you guys when you open
Here's their OKGamers page http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php?topic=1746.0

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
So I'm thinking of making combo vids of all the Oklahoma smash players. Post if you want to have a specific song, and also post clips of yourself doing things you think are cool in case I skip over them.

I'm hoping that I won't get too many techno requests . . .

I'm also thinking about starting with Kuni and then Brett and then seeing what else from there. Probably Po.

I think Chris wants more stuff recorded, I think Kuni's the easiest to find **** with, Po's Luigi, and Bryan and Andy have yet to record anything. So yeah.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
So I'm thinking of making combo vids of all the Oklahoma smash players. Post if you want to have a specific song, and also post clips of yourself doing things you think are cool in case I skip over them.

I'm hoping that I won't get too many techno requests . . .

I think Chris wants more stuff recorded, I think Kuni's the easiest to find **** with, Po's Luigi, and Bryan and Andy have yet to record anything. So yeah.
If you run across anything with me, go on ahead and put the Benny Hill theme song "Yakety Sax" on there.
You know what, it doesn't even have to be clip of me, just put it on there somewhere

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
<_<

I don't think i've got any vids of you dude, sorry.

On a side note, I'm uploading the trailer right now. WATCH DAT *****! (soon)

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Maybe I shouldn't have a spoon of hot sauce next time........apparently my stomach hates me for it. You didn't get to see my pink/red throw up on the stairs Hanson....nice sheik...keep it up.

I won't be coming again this weekend, but I had a great time...aside from yea...so I hope you guys keep having fun...I miss you Chris. Too bad I didn't get to see Pablo (who has a job now omg lol).

Yawara who do you think you really want to play, zerg or Toss? Like Andy suggested I really suggest just choosing one for now. Just choose whichever race you think looks cooler/ feels cooler to play. You aren't that used to zerg so you suck more with them...no biggy.

Bryan, practice, Kuni, practice, Andy, win.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
don't worry about it yawara.
is anyone willing to hold something tomorrow???
i don't have to work all weekend.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
>_>

Kuni . . .

The second vid I did see on niconico before though. There's also like 7 of them IIRC.

Oh yeah, and Chris I saw that yesterday. I think I was the only person who freaked out about it <_<

Top Bottom