• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Gravity

Smash Ace
and on that note. . .i have lost faith in humanity.

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

no bull****, no april fools.

heres a few excerpts for your amusement.

"Science is a way to find out things. . .People who do science are called scientists."

"A motorcycle is a vehicle, ridden for transportation. It does not have 4 wheels like a car. It has 2 wheels like a bicycle. But it has a motor like a car."

"Internet slang is slang words which are used on the Internet"

"Japan is a country in Asia. It is made of islands."

"A human or human being is a person."

also, random is called "show any page" edit is "change"

it made me laugh until i realized the average high school senior would probably prefer (choose) this over (instead of) regular wikipedia because its easy to understand (the words are little)

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
"Internet slang is slang words which are used on the Internet"

"A human or human being is a person."
LOL.

It is kind of sad that the majority of people would probably fall back on Simple Wiki, though, as that would stifle the growth of vocabulary ,comprehension, and the general acquisition of knowledge. It kind of reminds me of the movie Idiocracy.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Idiocracy?

I just associated that with people being Americans. Ask the guy to the left of you what ethanol is and his opinion on it to see what I mean.

Then ask if we're running out of food/water.

chibit89

Smash Cadet
sunday night : felgar, i'll def be in town, whose down to meet? brawl, 3S, and melee ftw?

do the SRK guys play AH with ya?

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
The Big Cheese: From the looks of it, there are 2 upcoming smashfests this and next weekend. They'll both be held in Norman.

Yawara: Any word from Hanson?

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
sunday night : felgar, i'll def be in town, whose down to meet? brawl, 3S, and melee ftw?

do the SRK guys play AH with ya?
Seems like only a handful play AH, we might have even numbers on both sides (SWF vs SRK anyone?).

You down for this Monday after 5pm instead?

Yeah, he's interested. Just talk to him.
Cool, can you PM me his contact info?

chibit89

Smash Cadet
yeap, some of us are hanging, from SWF there's pablo and chris.

other smashers, call or post up if interested

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Shade, I'm planning to host a tournament on June 7th. It's still not %100 guaranteed, though.

Brett, if you have anything going on, I'll be there. U practicin' ur GG 'n Smash?????

Don't know man, with the way things are going it'll be tough for me to make it.
Vegafuse if you need some help let me know.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
yes, there is a thing at my house on friday, be there or be square....as I told pablo.
Bring stuff...plz....including moneysssss if you want food and sleeping stuff.
And btw my parents said they wanted everyone gone by 3 p.m. on saturday.
I hope tons of people come :). We need t.v's and crap.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
*****ES!

I need a place to stay. I might be able to live in Edmond for a bit. I demand we play if I"m up there. No excuses about gas or school or ****. You have to play me.

No excuses.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
yes, there is a thing at my house on friday, be there or be square....as I told pablo.
Bring stuff...plz....including moneysssss if you want food and sleeping stuff.
And btw my parents said they wanted everyone gone by 3 p.m. on saturday.
I hope tons of people come :). We need t.v's and crap.
Hellz yeah I'll be there, I need a ride though,
Andy, can you get me and wut?
We have $$$...

Down With Altf4!! Viva La Rebellion!
I won't be there though lol

Gravity

Smash Ace
recent studies have shown that i can get you and wut, i dont know who else im picking up or when i m leaving, but yeah, i can get you guys.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I need a place to stay till Tuesday.

The guy I wanted to live with is leaving. If anyone can house me, hit me up.

Gravity

Smash Ace
uh. gt, i think so, butyou better tell me your address just in case.

also yawara, if there was no school you could probably stay over, ill ask anwyay, but odnt get your hopes up.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Everyone come to my house at 4:30 tomorrow :). Plz bring TVs and games if you can. I'm so glad I'm done with school woot.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
Anybody that remembers this inside joke, please feel free to chuckle. I got my car out of the shop yesterday and on the little tag they tape to the keys, on one side they had the make, model, insurance company, and who owns the car, and on the other side is a number corresponding to a number in the windshield of your car, except on my keys, under the number, were the letters "BS".

Ahh, the good ol' days. When massive groups of people would go to rasta's house so i only had to drive 10 mins.

Duuuuuust in the wiiiiiiind. Aaaaalllll we are is duuuust in the wiiiiiind.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
I got my car out of the shop yesterday and on the little tag they tape to the keys, on one side they had the make, model, insurance company, and who owns the car, and on the other side is a number corresponding to a number in the windshield of your car, except on my keys, under the number, were the letters "BS".

Ahh, the good ol' days. When massive groups of people would go to rasta's house so i only had to drive 10 mins.

Duuuuuust in the wiiiiiiind. Aaaaalllll we are is duuuust in the wiiiiiind.
lmao
*face palm
I miss those times, you know last year,
*sigh
Why did babac have to go ditch us? :ohwell:
I still haven't found my jacket...
Paemon should hold smashfests lol

Gravity

Smash Ace
well gt im planning on leaving between 4 and 5 so ill im you or something when i know for sure. planning on leaving 12-1 or so.

wut?

Smash Apprentice
so u can pick gt and i up today awsome gt knows were i live also i have like 10-15 dollers also does any one have a gc controler i kindas broke mine

Auddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Auddy07
Yeah, me and most of the PV kids don't really like brawl as much as melee, yeah it's fun and all, but it's not a fast paced, exciting game. You guys may like it as a tournament game, but you probably won't be seeing the PV kids in brawl tournaments. Sorry guys!

Scud

Smash Apprentice
I don't want to take sides, but sometimes my mind forces me.
Thanks for coming guys. It was awesome.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Still Big...

Yo kids! Sorry I couldn't stay longer Friday, but I had to work(as usual)... Good games were had, but I wished I could've played more peoples. Hey, I FINALLY got Marc to show up to one of these things... How about that?

Brawl... Melee... Whichever game suits you and you enjoy, its all good. It was good playing Melee again, but I really truly prefer Brawl. I've gotten too old and senile to really dig in and differentiate the intricacies of each game, so I just gotta go with my gut feeling... And it tells me I really like Brawl :lick:

An interesting thought crossed my mind concerning my ability, however: I have always measured my skill relative to how well I can do against better players than myself(Marc, Chris, Pablo, everybody else in OK)...

For example, in Melee, I can typically keep a match close unless people start pulling out the lightning-fast gimp kills. Chris is the best gimp-killer in OK, so he usually 2-stocks me until I figure a way around his cheap kill strategy, then we have a couple of trade-off stocks(I combo and counter him, he somehow survives my mortal blows like the *** he is, returns in kind with a better combo, I die because I'm not Peach ;)) Then he pulls out a new gimp kill and we go around and around...

In Brawl, because gimp-killing is so much harder to pull off(the opponent has to be either a complete moron or mentally conditioned in order to gimp them), I find my matches with Chris to be way too close to call most of the time. Rather than it being me trying to avoid getting gimped for 3-4 stock, and HOPING for a chance to attack, its me actually trying to create openings and having a war of the minds with one of the best.

Basically, whenever I lose in Melee, I'm left questioning whether or not I gave away the match or just straight up lost. When I lose in Brawl, I KNOW its because my opponent was better than me period. It's that having solid knowledge of where I stand that makes me ultimately prefer Brawl.

Of course there could be any number of factors going in that could be affecting the outcome of my matches( character choice, playstyle, attitudes towards playing, weather, hormones, whatever).
I'm not trying to make johns, but it seems that I either match or come close to matching the relative skill of a lot of OK's best players, yet can't seem to consistently beat them...(Sure I keep my games close, but losing by one stock/high percentage is STILL LOSING)
I just find it interesting how Brawl closed the ridiculously huge gap between Chris and myself. Where there was once a seemingly unbreachable wall of skill, now I can see the cracks and chinks more readily than before.

For the record, the people who were beating me in Melee STILL beat me in Brawl more than I beat them(except for Pablo, but that's because he plays Ganon ;) ) It's just less frustrating than before because I know for sure that they beat me rather than me beating myself...

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Sorry for this double-post

Boys, I'm double-posting to show you this: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=4457213&posted=1#post4457213

This is what EVO thinks of Smash. This is what I now think of EVO *raises middle finger*

That has to be the most irresponsibly bad ruleset ever conceived for a Smash tournament. Even worse because its Brawl, a game that is having a hard enough time being taken seriously in its own community.

This is a slap in the face to the entire Smash community by SRK. I ain't down with this at all. Sooooo disrespectful...

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Had fun playing all the fighters, got rocked in every game:

Brett: Thanks for hosting the game-fest, keeping the scene hype. I'm impressed that you got this far into Arcana, watching you and Chris battle was epic. I should have watched some of those SC matches as well. Have fun in S.K!

Brandon: Man, we gotta get to Evo, it's destiny! All we need to do is make side-bets on Chris and we'll be rich in no time! I got your Accent Core case while Brett has the disc, and Chris has your SF controller. About time Marc decided to go, haha.

Chris: Own me in CF dittos? Perfect me in Arcana? 3-stock me under a minute in Brawl??? Too broken.

Yawara: I don't know man, you're just on another level in Melee now. GG's, we should raise the stakes up to $10 next time :chuckle:

Andy: Ack, getting 3-stocked by Samus isn't cool mangz.

GT and Wut: Good games, haha. GT, your sonic isn't too shabby.

Hanson and Crew: Cool to see you guys up there, it's been a while. So far, no one seems to have any problem with June 7th, and we can expect other scenes like SRK and maybe TZ to show up along with the casual gamers. Just give me a holla any time to discuss the tournament, or if you guys want to get some Marvel, Brawl, or 3S in.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Ahaha, throughout your pitiful mortal recreation I can sense within you all the envious desire to undertake the great and almighty International Baccalaureate Diploma Program examinations as I do! Fools!

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Lames?

Also, Pablo gives me too much credit >_>

ONE DAY I'LL FOUR STOCK YOU CHRIS! (the day he loses his arm)

Top Bottom