• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I DEMAND TO BE RANKED IN THE PR EVEN THOUGH I"M NOT THERE.

Just put me where ever Andy is. Or run me as a lvl 9 Falcon and then counterpick accordingly. ALL OF YOU ARE GOING TO BE ****ED

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Oh, and I don't believe you Andy >_>

But speaking of Lambourginis, I saw one a day ago near my neighborhood. I've seen this one like 3 times now, and I want to know who the **** this prick is.

Gravity

Smash Ace
even though it would have been the worst decision in my life, i was tempted to pull out in front of him in my 1300 dollar car that weighs 3 times as much.

Monshou_no_Nazo

Smash Journeyman
even though it would have been the worst decision in my life, i was tempted to pull out in front of him in my 1300 dollar car that weighs 3 times as much.
Reminds me of that scene in Back to the Future: Part 2 where Marty and Doc are chasing Biff in the Delorean, and Marty suggests ramming the car. Doc points out, "That's a <name of 1950's car>, and this is a Delorean! It would rip us apart!"

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
>_>

No worse than pissing off a mini-van, right?

Besides, Lambos are the most unreliable cars in the world. I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't even start up.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Brandon!!!

Don't believe in yourself. Believe in me! Believe in me, who believes in you!

If there's a wall, you'll break it down! If there's no path, you make one with your hands! Surpass the impossible and kick off with momentum!

Your epic posts is the posts that will pierce the heavens!

</it's 3:30 and I'm ****ing tired>

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Brandon!!!

Don't believe in yourself. Believe in me! Believe in me, who believes in you!

If there's a wall, you'll break it down! If there's no path, you make one with your hands! Surpass the impossible and kick off with momentum!

Your epic posts is the posts that will pierce the heavens!

</it's 3:30 and I'm ****ing tired>
Yawara +3000 XP for that Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann themed post.

Yeah, Pablo, just like that episode of Scrubs. Hey, I'm going to keep singing the praises of The World Ends With You until one of you chumps buys it. I need someone to farm 'mingle' PP with. Mingle mode sets your DS to pick up other wireless DSes and feeds you experience, even if the game their playing isn't another copy of TWEWY!! Too Good.

"MY LUIGI IS THE LUIGI THAT PIERCES THE HEAVENS! PO PIMPUS MARC-PABLO!!

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?!?!"

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
SO I just finished it. Man, I hate anime endings . . . all of them. They're all the same bittersweet kind that of course can't be considered great unless they're bleeding with tragedy.

Monshou_no_Nazo

Smash Journeyman
I just talked to my mom about going to Vegafuse's tournament. She didn't seem to object, but then again it's too early to know of any potential problems.

If I do get to go though, I would be able to meet you all in person.

Gravity

Smash Ace
wait, what day is the tournament? and what day is anything else? i read all the posts but i didnt pick up on any of it. . .

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
I have decided that I prefer to play Melee when, but not necessarily limited to times when, I wish to show off and completely destroy people. That is all.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
TGM(xyro) has returned!!!!!!!!!!

Not to spam but to ask you guys some questions. I need your help.

1. Has your state accepted brawl? Or is OK still trying to drive the sinking ship that is melee?

2. Who is the top 3 players in your state?

3. Are there any samus mains left in OK? I know she was wrecked pretty bad in this game. Im the only samus main in texas......me sad.

4. Is shade and gravity still alive? Cause i love them.

P

pay.$

well pay$ is back and ssbb suck balls and if u gays the like the game r going to do a tournament it should be in july so i can go to it because in going to japan on june 2 and i will not be back untill july 8 i think and im going to some place else on july 20 or so. so there and hi to everyone brawl suck balls

Gravity

Smash Ace
TGM(xyro) has returned!!!!!!!!!!

Not to spam but to ask you guys some questions. I need your help.

1. Has your state accepted brawl? Or is OK still trying to drive the sinking ship that is melee?

2. Who is the top 3 players in your state?

3. Are there any samus mains left in OK? I know she was wrecked pretty bad in this game. Im the only samus main in texas......me sad.

4. Is shade and gravity still alive? Cause i love them.
1. Not so much, id say its about 50/50.

2. In brawl? i dont know. In melee, still dont really know, id say KOS-MOS, Pablo, and then either me and scud. or shade or zinth.

3. im a melee samus main. . .

4. I think i saw those guys around. ill keep an eye out.

also alex, you said you were coming to ok, but i dont remember when. . .

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
brawl is the soul calibur 3 of super smash brothers. no one in their right mind would accept it over 2/melee. everyone said brawl wouldn't be competitive since it wouldn't have a metagame. unfortunately, a metagame has been invented with tactics 10x more cheap and ridiculous than melee. especially in a game where 5 of the top 6 players in perhaps the biggest DIY american brawl tourny so far were snake (one of the people tied for 5th was metaknight), there is no reason to play such a broken game, especially one that is not a fighting game but merely tag.

aaaanyway, i am in OK right now, yo. starting next week people should plan on norman action? :o

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
well pay$ is back and ssbb suck balls and if u gays the like the game r going to do a tournament it should be in july so i can go to it because in going to japan on june 2 and i will not be back untill july 8 i think and im going to some place else on july 20 or so. so there and hi to everyone brawl suck balls
Wow paemon, that sounds like something wut? would spell
On a Brawl vs. Melee note
They both rock
lol WIN

As for some Norman action idk
I'll have to check my hours this weekeend at my JEEEEAAAAOOOOOUUURRRB
That's right, I'm gonna have money
I work at the Steak n' Shake that's not in Midwest City

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
On a Brawl vs Melee note, Brawl sucks.

*pound*

You *****es better keep playing Melee so I can keep winning against y'all when I get back. I hate where I am right now though cause it seems like my marth anf Fox are better than my Falcon. :/

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Ok, first off, I found this video to be pretty funny, even though it's something by which I wouldn't expect to find myself amused, and it missed out on a very obvious taunt. I clicked on it because of boobies lolz.

Also, I found this ("wavedashing" in Brawl) to be pretty interesting.

Also, I think that Melee is a more competitive game than Brawl (though this seems to be more or less an objective fact). Sometimes when I'm playing Brawl it does kind of feel like a tedious game of tag, and I don't get that sensation of total **** that I do in Melee. But, Brawl has more characters, stages, music, and graphics. And it has been awhile since I've played either game against a player of rival skill. I like both games. It's kind of ironic that by trying to create a more balance game, a more broken game was apparently created.

Btw, I believe you in that there are really cheap tactics in Brawl, but what exactly are they? I haven't really been following Smash as of late.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i didn't know until Jam Stunna told me about the brawl tourny. just look fo cort playing snake on youtube.

brawl/snake (since he is brawl) is:

projectile camping
tilt game of keepaway
spamming the boost smash
...that's it. the end...

so yeah, brawl is hella gay. plus with infinite chaingrabs on lucas and ness - since i only liked playing lucas that really gives me no incentive to play. and laser locks/lagless transitions.

edit: what i'm trying to say is that brawl is competitive for all the wrong reasons. i remember before it came out, i was really looking forward to brawl. players who now dominate the brawl scene like cort and m2k were being little *****es to say the least about how brawl would not be competitive due to the lack of glitches. because there was no obvious instant discovery of a metagame, there would not be a good one, they argued. well, look what happened: brawl did become a competitive game to those people merely because of it's glitches

i wanted to play brawl because it would be a game that, while being slower and less technical, would still have fair and balanced tactics.
however, with the discovery of the current brawl tactics, all i can do is cry.
the brawl metagame is a joke based on completely unfair, random, and broken methods that together create a competitive limited mutton bashing. there is no skill to boost smashing, other than learning the timing. brawl is a waste of talent.
the melee metagame does have holes in it, as there are really only 5 or so characters who have a shot of winning a tournament, but it's compensated for in a lot of ways. in brawl, there is one character who is capable of winning, and nothing is compensated for, even in friendly matches.

i would play brawl iff i were lucas, i wasn't being chaingrabbed, people used some advanced tactics like hugging, etc., but not spamming boostjumping since it takes little intellect/skill, and the other player was not snake. seeing as how there are very few times i could ask for that without some brawl player being an ******* and calling me a noob, i will probably only continue playing brawl with friends.
that's like if you always played melee by camping and chaingrabbing...even if you do employ these tactics to win as opposed to having fun or being fair, it does not ensure your win.

however, brawl is who can camp, tilt, and boostsmash the fastest/most efficeintly. whoopty ****in do.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
WOAH, is Pay$ **** talking me?

What happened there? Andy no longer good enough for that lol

Also looks like Kuni typed that message dude.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
So I might be going to an SC match this friday...:-O.
I miss you guys. When I get back let's have a smashfest soon.
And I get to see you Alex! hearts!

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
<3 brett

also i just got done watching a lot of brawl videos and realized that i don't dislike the game really...or the metagame as a whole. i just dislike the playstyle of the top tier characters. snake, mk, zero suit...all played really freaking gay. maybe i will pick brawl up. but i also watched 2 mediocre players play melee and was still more entertained than a brawl tournament match :\
i did see a couple outstanding brawl videos though, that pretty much single-handedly convinced me to play brawl. cheers to dynadash.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
[Brawl Stuff]
Ah, I see. It's ironic that they removed all of the beneficial glitches and exploits from Melee just to overlook a lot of glitches and exploits that actually break the game. It seems that just no one can do anything right... which is one of the reasons I'm going to take over the world, so I can make them do things right. Because video games are clearly worth taking over the world for.

But yeah, I watched some Cort/PC Snake, and it just seemed like they were just using isolated tactics to score hits. Like, Cort would actually edge up to PC to ftilt him. I did watch some friendlies where KDJ beat Cort with DK, but Cort's spacing was horrible in those matches, KDJ just seemed to be scoring lots of giant punches, and KDJ is pretty much the Anakin Skywalker of Smash. I also watched a video of DynaDash, though, and she has a really cool playstyle, though she lost to a semi-random Snake player in the video I watched. I'll still play Brawl, though, because it's fun to use Marth, Toon Link, and Meta Knight. I'll also player Melee too, though, because it's fun to use Marth, as well as combo in general.

oh yeah yawara? you are slightly lesser than i.
LOL.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
After practicing Melee and Brawl back-to-back, I have decided that I prefer Melee when I'm feeling more hardcore, and I prefer Brawl when I'm feeling more fun and air-conditioned. I wish that Brawl had wavedashing, though, because I feel limited in ground motion.

Also:

Also also, something that I thought was interesting about in-game loading in Brawl: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=170231

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I think we had a decisive Pikachu vs Young Link battle to decide who is slightly lesser than who.

*does WWF suck it motion*

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
It was a bit late for me to be going out to Chris's, and I've got baccalaureate tomorrow anyway, but thanks for offering anyway, Andy.

Alright *****es, I'm back in the Melee scene for real now. I've shaken off my rust and feel better than I've ever been, even though I've just been playing against level 1 CPUs. My three favorite characters to use right now are Marth, Captain Falcon, and Falco (whom I can double-shine with using the stick, even though I've never practiced that). Their combos are just too good and the most fun for me to pull off, and Falco apparently looks like he has Tourette's. I still like using Sheik, but not quite as much as the other three right now. Fox's play style is too compartmentalized for my especial liking right now.

I still play Brawl, but I think I'm liking Melee more right now.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Not so much shield pressure as much as it is protection against shield grabs and for showing off. Besides, it's too hard to keep on double shining so it's not too practical for shield pressuring IMO.

Lots of players time their shieldgrabs vs pillaring after the shine, not before. When they see the shine come out, just double shine then combo from there. I find that method better at least than grabbing from the shine just cause falco's grab game kind of blows.

Top Bottom